Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/Rissuuu/status/1652682517118590977?s=20

I appreciate how much of a freak the fanbase has been portraying the MC as.

The pairings name is Starch lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I'm guessing these daily missions are still random per account (like with Genshin)? I've gotten a series of (I think) 3 with this guy submitting his goofy papers to a university, and now I'm doing a series of trying to help some researcher who is bad at communicating.

I hope they stay like this and don't start doing "kill some mobs" like in Genshin.

There's got to be a limited amount though, right? Killing some mobs is way better than a repeat narrative mission.

I hope there are "just kill some mobs," but they do not turn up until you run out of unique dailies available. That feels like a good compromise between "narrative dailies are way better the first time" and "narrative dailies suck the second time, let alone the second dozenth time."

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Captain France posted:

There's got to be a limited amount though, right? Killing some mobs is way better than a repeat narrative mission.

I hope there are "just kill some mobs," but they do not turn up until you run out of unique dailies available. That feels like a good compromise between "narrative dailies are way better the first time" and "narrative dailies suck the second time, let alone the second dozenth time."
All they have to do is make sure to add another 50 with every single patch, and then you'll never run out. Easy!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Actually, it's kind of weird that there is zero motivation to go back to an area you've already cleared, let alone fight random enemies, despite the fact that you'll eventually need a ton of their drops.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Actually, it's kind of weird that there is zero motivation to go back to an area you've already cleared, let alone fight random enemies, despite the fact that you'll eventually need a ton of their drops.
You can convert them into other types at a 1:2 ratio in the Synthesizer, so as long as you're not constantly pinched on every type all at once and desperately need the efficiency of natural drops, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
So what happens now that I've pulled 7 Natashas? Do I keep getting her and get some other reward or does she stop coming up or what.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I've never wanted for the droppable items, it's the path specific ascension drops that are bottlenecking me.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Flowing Thot posted:

So what happens now that I've pulled 7 Natashas? Do I keep getting her and get some other reward or does she stop coming up or what.

If it works like Genshin now you get more of the monthly rotating shop currency when you get character dupes.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Beginner banner somehow got me himeko & bronya. Got sushang as well but don’t remember where from. And the Seele banner got me himeko early in and just got Seele last night so I’m now just going to save every last bit of currency I have for the next big thing.

My initial team was sushang, himeko, bronya & march. Switched over to sushang, Seele, bronya & fire MC and man Seele is definitely a beast but also sushang is definitely really great as everyone has been saying. Wish I could get her eidolon but I literally won’t complain considering my team so far.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It's weirdly generous for MHY to put the items to redeem Planar Ornaments in Herta's weekly points rewards. I figured that was a weirdly restrictive version of Condensed Resin from Genshin.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is there a way to add shortcuts to the big shortcut wheel? There's a bunch of free spaces and a lot of stuff that gets red !s don't show up on the wheel even contextually.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Do I grab the Special Pass, the Pass or both for Starlight and/or Embers? My brain has entirely repressed everything I learned about the gacha from Genshin.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Both for embers, save starlight for 4*s and light cones.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
World 6 is way easier that 5 or even 3 if fought at the appropriate level. The boss gimmick is so much easier to deal with than either of those. Unless hunt hard counters her.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Bussamove posted:

Both for embers, save starlight for 4*s and light cones.

Cheers. And Stellar Jade?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

You should only spend Stellar Jade on special rail tickets

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Flowing Thot posted:

At the regular banner, on the lower right there is an image for additional rewards. Clicking on that allows you to pick a free 5* after 300 pulls so this is all to say…? Keep pulling those Nats!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So it seems like the clear winner LC on the BP is the Nihility one, right?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I got Seele in 76 warps, so I guess I can just bank specials now until Kafka.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wonder if its proc could trigger Welts talent.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

finally triggered the pity: bronya, not seele

A little disappointing but I still have time to get Seele probably (shes reallycool)

I think bronya may have also been the second best result not sure

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 1, 2023

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ok so I have the monthly battle pass but still have a bunch of google credits. I'm slamming a good amount of time into the game. What's the best bang for my credit bucks if I wanted to throw a little more at it? The Honour battle pass thing?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Abundance's seems okay (increased max HP, heal the party slightly when using attack or skill) but not amazing, at least with the healers we have. If we get a healer that has some sort of thing where they want to basic attack, or a healer where their skill is just damage and their healing is tied to their ult, or something, it'll probably get better.

Destruction's (increased attack, restore HP when defeating an enemy) seems mid as hell.

Erudition (increase attack based on how much energy their ult costs) seems decent but only Qingque has the energy cost to make it worthwhile.

Harmony (Every turn they get randomly increase all allies attack, crit dmg, or energy regen for 1 turn) has two good buffs and one eh buff, and the buffs are fairly small until S5. Not bad, but there's better Harmony cones.

Hunt (Increased crit rate, chance to dispel buffs on crit) seems really niche. Maybe better if we get more bosses that buff themselves a lot or something.

Nihility (extra damage on attacks and skills) seems pretty good. However keep in mind it only triggers on you actually using your attack or skill, counters/followupattacks/etc don't trigger it.

Preservation (increased DEF, increase ult damage by a % of DEF) seems good on Fire Trailblazer, whose ult actually does pretty good damage to begin with, pretty mid on March, and useless on Gepard since his ult doesn't even do damage. Another one that's okay now but will probably get better if we get a preservation character with a more offensive kit.

Overall if you're gonna get the battle pass every month I'd go Nihility first, yeah. Even if you're using Fire Trailblazer a lot, they have better options.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

m.hache posted:

Ok so I have the monthly battle pass but still have a bunch of google credits. I'm slamming a good amount of time into the game. What's the best bang for my credit bucks if I wanted to throw a little more at it? The Honour battle pass thing?
Nameless Glory would be the second best option, yeah. You get about as many pulls as you would just throwing tenbucks directly at gacha currency, plus a bunch of character growth stuff and some stamina refill items.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ok Arlan's personal quest got a good laugh out of me, mostly because Asta's voice actor managed to make her sound like she was having a mental breakdown live but in a funny way.

Also it had a mini ace attorney segment which was amusing too.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Have everything done on the monthly(it's longer than a month, but whatever) BP other than spending 6000 trailblaze power which seems like it's going to take a while. Unlocked the second destination but feels like I should spend some time upgrading my girls first.

Flowing Thot fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 1, 2023

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/Rissuuu/status/1652682517118590977?s=20

I appreciate how much of a freak the fanbase has been portraying the MC as.

same

https://twitter.com/douleou/status/1652326572433747968
https://twitter.com/douleou/status/1652672283004239872

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Star Rail definitely affecting my sleep, sleep like 1-2 hours later after to work to play.
Wake up 1-2 hours earlier to play.

How should I classify the simulated universe in terms of gameplay? What's the equivalent of it in genshin? It doesn't seem like the Abyss challenge runs to me.

I appreciate that even if the support characters don't do much real damage, they still do good bar break damage to pave the way.

Glad it looks like that you can send characters on assignments and you can still use them in gameplay. I remember for the longest time in the beginning, when you sent characters to errands, you couldn't use them in gameplay, they just get sent to timeout.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

GateOfD posted:

Star Rail definitely affecting my sleep, sleep like 1-2 hours later after to work to play.
Wake up 1-2 hours earlier to play.

How should I classify the simulated universe in terms of gameplay? What's the equivalent of it in genshin? It doesn't seem like the Abyss challenge runs to me.

I appreciate that even if the support characters don't do much real damage, they still do good bar break damage to pave the way.

Glad it looks like that you can send characters on assignments and you can still use them in gameplay. I remember for the longest time in the beginning, when you sent characters to errands, you couldn't use them in gameplay, they just get sent to timeout.

It’s a roguelike mode and it’s super common in gachas. It IS the equivalent of Genshin’s Abyss. Other games call it a labyrinth or dive or some variant of never ending dungeon or whatever but it’s all the same concept: challenge stages to get buffs while carrying over the health/status of your units to the next stage.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

tried using Serval in my team since there's a lot of electric weakness enemies.
she's pretty fun. great attack animations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Think I'm starting to get the hang of how to handle having both fire MC and Clara in the same team so that they don't step over each other's toes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just don't use the taunt?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

Abundance's seems okay (increased max HP, heal the party slightly when using attack or skill) but not amazing, at least with the healers we have. If we get a healer that has some sort of thing where they want to basic attack, or a healer where their skill is just damage and their healing is tied to their ult, or something, it'll probably get better.

It's probably way too niche an interaction but it looks like it would work pretty well with simulated world blessings that care about healing (like the one that gives a 50% attack boost for a turn to anyone who gets healed)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Those things already don't work with other blessings that heal when you do X, so I'm not sure it would work with that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Just don't use the taunt?

Funnily enough you can use the taunt, just need to make sure Clara's ult is up as well because that lets her counter whenever any teammate is attacked, not just her specifically.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I have pulled 9 Natasha's and zero pela's. Is Pela even in this machine.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Flowing Thot posted:

I have pulled 9 Natasha's and zero pela's. Is Pela even in this machine.

Yep

(Still haven’t pulled a single Tingyun)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Captain France posted:

You forgot Silver Wolf / Haxxor Bunny, Shushang, there's apparently an Otto twin coming up, and I'm pretty sure Kafka looks like Eden with her hair tied. (And if so, I would like Eden much more with this English voice acting.) Also Welt in particular feels, even in main game HI3, like he has kind of a lot of "that's probably interesting but I'm not going to track down and read a whole comic for it" going on. (Or maybe it's just that I like his design and his stigma art (and now his fight in Alien Space) but he never does anything in the HI3 game. Here's hoping we get to see him do stuff here.)

But if you don't think it's worth it that's fine. Hoyo is pretty good about keeping that sort of thing's relevance and exploration at a place where you don't really need the extra info. It's not important, it will probably never be important, and if it is they will tell you the important part. But it is fun.

Also Bronya and Seele are pretty explicitly gay. I'm not sure how canon it is but Veliona has a Seele body pillow in her mind palace sometimes. Bronya can tell the difference between Seele and Veliona and has been able to since the orphanage, long before being told about her. After Veliona having some initial jealousy issues they seem to get along now. Veliona's actual in-universe name is "Seele" or "Other Seele," chosen because when asked to name her Seele was like "well you're me, right? You deserve the name just as much as me." I'm not sure where the name "Veliona" comes from, but it's on Stygian Nymph so . . .

And wait I'm pretty sure Bronya has normal flesh legs, they just don't really work until after she becomes a Herrscher?

Also the crazy rear end Genshin lore speculation with references to Gnosticism and all sorts of mythological and historical references and stuff is the best. :allears:

Since I never answered this properly yesterday, Kafka was actually a stigmata set in Honkai Impact, though they've clearly chosen to take the concept in a different direction judging by her new attire and general demeanor. It's practically a total redesign save for the purple hair.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Have you used pela? I know people can have dupes of characters they have no intention of ever using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TV Zombie posted:

Have you used pela? I know people can have dupes of characters they have no intention of ever using.

She’s a member of my main 4 and will probably stay there until I get Tingyun and Bronya. Her defense and ice resist shred is just really good along with her normal damage and buff removal.

Even after that I see her having a long life in team 2