Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Oh no I just thought about the President and Senate that would bring us Supreme Court Justice Bart Simpson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i get that the actors get paid extra if they sing in the episode but you geezers are already making millions per episode, please stop

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Catching the end of the episode on now and why does Mr Burns sound weird?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

because the voice actors are dying

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

muscles like this! posted:

Catching the end of the episode on now and why does Mr Burns sound weird?

Harry shearer turns eighty at the end of the year

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mantis42 posted:

i get that the actors get paid extra if they sing in the episode but you geezers are already making millions per episode, please stop

It's more that every writer in the room gets a co-credit and royalty for every song that shows up in an episode, so they keep finding excuses to do them.

The other reason is that songs let you chew up x minutes of an episode without having to write dialogue or plot or even jokes, and a lot of the can be written independently of any particular episode/script and slot in wherever.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1652833840627343362?t=C5yN4vQXdzjXz4lgeQowUQ&s=19

You can kinda hear the original Burns voice occasionally through the old man breathy talk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Party Boat posted:

Oh no I just thought about the President and Senate that would bring us Supreme Court Justice Bart Simpson

Still a better choice than about any Justice anyone knows the name of today.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Ted Cruz as Mr. Burns

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
normally i'm as anti-AI as they come but i feel like we have to let the "hello smithers you are quite good at turning me on" computer at least audition at this point

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Non Compos Mentis posted:

https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1652833840627343362?t=C5yN4vQXdzjXz4lgeQowUQ&s=19

You can kinda hear the original Burns voice occasionally through the old man breathy talk

good god...his voice has degraded almost as bad as marge's

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mr Interweb posted:

For comparsion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrC1aMdfa14

It really has.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lisa strikes me as the type to burn right the gently caress out by the time she hits college.

Definitely.

It also seems like the early Seasons of the show were going a direction with her that they didn’t run with in terms of real mental strife and potential mood disorders. There’s the episode she feels sad, but also a quick line in Homer and Delilah where she says she wants fewer mood swings and mental stability.

The show would have had a very different tone if one of their main characters was clinically mentally ill, and not in a way that was (only) played for jokes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A lot would be explained by Homer having ADHD. And probably also Bart and Lisa. Combine that with a propensity to addiction from Marge... hell, that explains the Corey Hotline episode.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
man i can't believe unlimitedsteam got banned for anti-semitisms

it's like AI just can't be trusted with content

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Alan Smithee posted:

man i can't believe unlimitedsteam got banned for anti-semitisms

it's like AI just can't be trusted with content

Three minutes of steamed hams required thirty minutes of audio processing so the guy that ran it had to approve the clip where skinner talks about burning jews in an oven

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 1, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I'll give the show this, Burns at least sounds as old as he's supposed to be

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I hope the show lasts another 20 years so he can just use his normal voice for Burns.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The newest episode of the podcast CodeSwitch has Hank Azaria and Hari Kondabolu discussing Apu, and Azaria’s decision to stop voicing the character. Good ep, as opposed to the show’s initial reaction to criticism Azaria has self awareness and acknowledges the major problems, especially being rightly horrified that during many hate crimes against South Asian or Middle Eastern American clerks the perpetrators commonly called them Apu.

Mr Interweb posted:

Oh man how does the showrunner get the performance & still allow it to be aired? I mean I know why, but still. The cast must have amazing solidarity to prevent badly needed recasting or character retirements.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 1, 2023

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The audience never realized that "Don't forget: you're here forever" was actually about the voice cast, not Homer.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
https://twitter.com/sickfatdog/status/1649514842661715970?s=46&t=KMMfueYvpy-W7VUWexdGpA

Updating my notes on Simpsons decline

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hope someone got fired for all those blunders

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Data Graham posted:

I hope someone got fired for all those blunders

Well if they did, there's a good replacement writer right there. An entire season of just train related episodes could be just the shot in the arm the Simpsons needs right now.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
LISA: Look who just stepped off the train! It's Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw!

ALAN SHAW: That's right, Lisa,

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

:aaaaa: I can't believe I never realized this

I had the same realisation about Krusty & Bette Midler's horse, being a combination of their names & being Krudler, instead of the natural combination of Misty.

Also RE best jokes on the Simpsons, mines still:

"Give her those. And those. AND then those."
"Mmm, thank you doctor"
"Oh I'm not a doctor"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Thing is given horse racing rules, 'Misty' was certainly already taken.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is given horse racing rules, 'Misty' was certainly already taken.

And Krudler wasn't? Man, horse racing people are lame.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Racehorse names literally work by online username rules.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Racehorse names literally work by online username rules.

BRB raising a racehorse named ";) DROP TABLE

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Doom Bathroom pulls ahead, followed by Kilyor Famil, followed by Winky Drop Table, followed by Small Pastry! Groverhaus has pulled over for a piss?"

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1653478147332141057?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Mourning Due posted:

I had the same realisation about Krusty & Bette Midler's horse, being a combination of their names & being Krudler, instead of the natural combination of Misty.

"Mmm, thank you doctor"
"Oh I'm not a doctor"

Anyone who didn't name their horse "Krudler" in Red Dead Redemption 2 played the game incorrectly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

all respect to al jean

lisa following nusimpsons writers trying to hear some bad jokes

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mourning Due posted:

"Mmm, thank you doctor"
"Oh I'm not a doctor"

that one's great, and while it's not a particularly clever exchange like that, i love the following in the same episode:

selma: can't you do something?
surly: look, surly looks after one guy: surly
selma: gee, sorry surly
surly: shut up

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Mourning Due posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1653447560697114624

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

In solidarity with the WGA, I will not write my usual screed about how this is all Al Jean's fault

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I've got a better idea, what if they didn't do that

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

sorry but i couldn't hear a word he said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

sorry but i couldn't hear a word he said

I heard "I'm(were?) here supporting the union" but yeah after that couldn't really here anything. But I mean the five -more like four really- words I heard were good at least!