Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Stealing enemy weapons is never not fun, especially when with a free hand and the right timing you can literally snatch boomerangs out of the air and use them against said enemies.

I love gliding onto a sleeping Hinox and just stealing their belt full of trophy weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I just got to the lemon speech in Portal 2.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

An Actual Princess posted:

chiming in to say botw was also not for me. no open world game has ever held my interest. botw is cool it’s just not for this princess, and it’s a bit of a bummer to see totk will definitely be along the same lines

I kind of wish they were also making simpler, lower budget 2d Zelda games also. linkawake style. please everyone

I really miss how Nintendo basically kept their 2D styles alive on the portable consoles as well as the home console stuff. I've said the whole reason they dominated portable games is because they made different kinds of games on them you couldn't get on home consoles, it's just a pity that they can't compete with the garbage of phone games.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

And talking about BotW, found the Ancient Saddle! It was... way easier than I thought lol. Also got a horse so I can use it, even if it's worse than Epona.

Now I'm gonna go to where I think a memory is located, then try to find the Ancient Bridle which I now is south of a cherry hill but not much more. And then go for DLC armor cause hot drat I die in one hit amd shop armor costs an eye.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The basic champion tunic that shows enemy HP has pretty high defense once you upgrade it. Also it looks neat, but I’m a boring guy.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I think we'll still see 2D entries. Metroid Dread gives me hope at least.

I'd like to see another 2D Mario title but I feel like we'll just get another Mario Maker.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Postman posted:

I think we'll still see 2D entries. Metroid Dread gives me hope at least.

I'd like to see another 2D Mario title but I feel like we'll just get another Mario Maker.

Not gonna lie, I’d happily take a New Super Mario Maker that’s a full campaign of all the weird out there ideas the SMM3DS/SMM2 had in their stages.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I loving REFUSE another Mario Maker unless it has Mario Paint as well

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr.Acula posted:

I loving REFUSE another Mario Maker unless it has Wario Land as well

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Since they gave Mario a gun for the rabbids thing, we're certain to get a Mario fps at some point

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mario 3d maker. let me make mario 64 levels

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I decided to get back on BotW and forgot how Master Quest is kind of a bastard in many ways.

Though reminded that weapon durability is explicitly designed to make them a resource to be managed- given you're usually able to pick your battles, you're absolutely meant to save your best stuff for really nasty enemies and use the cheap stuff just to fend off Moblins and such. And not be afraid to literally throw weapons away.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

mario 3d maker. let me make mario 64 levels

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mr.Acula posted:

Splatoon?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
On the off chance this impacts anyone else: I fixed my "pro controller has weird rumble and a very hot handle" (which was also reducing my battery life to like... 2 hours) issue by just snipping the rumble pack out of the controller and taping the ends of the cables. Very easy job, 11 total screws and you don't even need to remove the mobo

replacements are about $15 each and you need a soldering iron, so, I'll live the rumble-less life

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

4 hours into Breath of the Wild and my 10-year-old comes into the office, "Whatcha doin' dad? What game is this?"
So now he has my copy of BotW.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ended up playing BotW for a bit as well today. Got the Ancient Saddle (it was... much easier than I thought lol), catched a new horse (who sucked, 2/2/3 stats but Epona cant have the saddle), found a memory that proved "yikes, Zelda has some daddy issues" and I'm now going to towers to unlock the map so I can find the Reins.

Overall I am actually enjoying it, I just give myself and objective and do stuff on the way as I find it. Like sanctuaries and koroks (do all koroks make a noise when near? I feel some do), the latter of which actually feel a bit fun and I see them being no problem as long as I limit myself to whatever I need to max my inventory.

I am very firm on the flaws I dislike: everything that's not a basic Boboklin feel like it drops me to mercy on one hit, you should really start with a bit more health and arrows are hard to come by despite some puzzles wanting them (and I ended up having to use bombs to break a scaffold instead of fire)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

cum jabbar posted:

Since they gave Mario a gun for the rabbids thing, we're certain to get a Mario fps at some point

They already did that it's called Yoshi's Safari!!

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

How much would a day one, moddable Switch go for these days? I’m tempted to upgrade to the Zelda OLED before they’re all gone (I primarily play handheld so it would be worth the upgrade)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tesh posted:

How much would a day one, moddable Switch go for these days? I’m tempted to upgrade to the Zelda OLED before they’re all gone (I primarily play handheld so it would be worth the upgrade)

Only between about $200 - $300 on eBay. That's sorting by sold items.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, my first time playing BotW I played it like a super linear game and the only reason I didn't finish it is because I finally started actually exploring when I was close to the end. And then I completely lost the plot and never went back to finish Ganon after an absurd number of hours just wandering and doing poo poo.
This was my experience also

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Walla posted:

Only between about $200 - $300 on eBay. That's sorting by sold items.

Also that's if you can manage to stand how lovely eBay is.

I tried to sell my launch-era, got scammed and shut down the sale. Rather just hang onto it and pass it to my son.

Maybe someday I'll mod it myself but the online marketplace is poo poo.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What’s the next likely date for the next Direct? I need more Pikmin 4 news.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Probably first week of Juneish, although last year I think they took their sweet time.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Sometimes when there's a pit 1 square in width Mario just walks over it no bother but sometimes he falls down. I think there's some kind of trick to this. Maybe to do with how they're broken up.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Prurient Squid posted:

Sometimes when there's a pit 1 square in width Mario just walks over it no bother but sometimes he falls down. I think there's some kind of trick to this. Maybe to do with how they're broken up.

I like to put the 1-square pit situations like this:

Mario walks, he dies
Mario runs, he lives

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Prurient Squid posted:

It Italian magic

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Mr.Acula posted:

Have you ever played Warioware DIY

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is there a demand for empty boxes for special edition consoles? I have an Animal Crossing box that's gotta go.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

(and I ended up having to use bombs to break a scaffold instead of fire)

feature not a bug

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Butterfly Valley posted:

feature not a bug

It was harder, okay? Had to angle instead of just, shooting an arrow.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kart Barfunkel posted:

May 11 when they announce Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Deluxe launching with the New Nintendo Witchcraft the Augmented Reality wearable this June

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The Switch 2 will be announced in a Direct on March 28, 2023.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yup.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This, OP. And I can't wait.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Switch 2 will be announced in a Direct on May 13, 2023.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Libluini posted:

I like to put the 1-square pit situations like this:

Mario walks, he dies
Mario runs, he lives

Gotta go fast

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
TotK supposedly leaked, this will be a fun 11 days on the internet

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Upsidads posted:

May 11 when they announce Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Deluxe launching with the New Nintendo Witchcraft the Augmented Reality wearable this June

Ashley as the new console mascot let's goooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

gently caress, I literally can't wait that long.