Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Freaquency posted:

The only time I have ever had a reference actually be contacted they just confirmed prior employment and dates, so it seems like a waste of 5 bucks

Yeah but you can open different doors if you paid that 5 bucks so the reference said you were the CEO of Google for 20 years instead of the cashier at the gas station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

blatman posted:

i might have spelled the website name wrong but yes, you can hire people on a gig website to be your references and it works

we are hiring; the DUMBEST motherfuckers

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Xlorp posted:

How did someone finally twig that there was an excursion underway?

They saw that the temp was displaying a constant 405, with none of the expected fluctuations. Then they went into the software to see what was up and saw how hosed up it was.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The DUMBEST motherfuckers are hiring the DUMBEST motherfuckers.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just remember not to lie about like, university degrees and stuff

like u dont want to chatgpt a resume and fiverr some references to get a job as a brain surgeon or airplane driver

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You can lie about university degrees as long as you're capable of the job and there's no legal certification required.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

You can lie about university degrees as long as you're capable of the job and there's no legal certification required.

Well, not every job

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

blatman posted:

like u dont want to chatgpt a resume and fiverr some references to get a job as a brain surgeon or airplane driver

Everybody has to start somewhere on their surgeon pilot journey get the gently caress out of here with this gatekeeping imo

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

tactlessbastard posted:

Well, not every job

quote:

O'Leary blamed these inaccuracies on resume padding that had followed him through his career, and admitted: "In seeking employment I prepared a resume that contained inaccuracies regarding my completion of course work for a master's degree and also my level of participation in football at my alma mater. These misstatements were never stricken from my resume or biographical sketch in later years."

I like him blaming it on the act of resume padding itself rather than on him committing the act in the first place.

:crossarms: TND, how do you explain this empty petty cash drawer?
:v: I blame that on office theft.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Outrail posted:

The DUMBEST motherfuckers are hiring the DUMBEST motherfuckers.

Is empty quote still bad?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Empty quoting was never bad

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

Empty quoting was never bad

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Tarkus posted:

Yeah, I think testing for weed should be largely outmoded by now.

*Cries in Federal Government*

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

The hell chamber cooled enough to open. There was a crowd, it looked like a fireplace inside, many pictures were taken. My colleague was nervous all yesterday because he found the problem and was worried it’d be his word vs dayshift. Luckily dayshift signed off on their quality work.

Apparently this is a once every two years level fuckup.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Gonna have to meet with the restaurant manager about submitting the list of beers we'll be bringing to a beer festival at the end of the month. Normally, this would be pretty simple but this guy is fighting me every step of the way about bringing "too many" beers. Because people hate variety. Also, why do I have to go through this guy at all?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

TaurusTorus posted:

Surprisingly frequent.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

TaurusTorus posted:

The hell chamber cooled enough to open. There was a crowd, it looked like a fireplace inside, many pictures were taken. My colleague was nervous all yesterday because he found the problem and was worried it’d be his word vs dayshift. Luckily dayshift signed off on their quality work.

That sounds like fun.

Back in the military we had a critical piece of atmosphere control equipment light itself on fire, we went back in the logs and watched the temperature creep up from normal values to the maximum temperature the equipment would display, which it sat at for another couple months. We trended the values and determined it was running about 100C hotter than it should have before it cooked the wiring connections for the heater off.

Which was 1⁰ cooler than the maximum specified temperature :allears:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Escape From Noise posted:

Gonna have to meet with the restaurant manager about submitting the list of beers we'll be bringing to a beer festival at the end of the month. Normally, this would be pretty simple but this guy is fighting me every step of the way about bringing "too many" beers. Because people hate variety. Also, why do I have to go through this guy at all?

Is he involved the festival? Is he lazy? Will he ever check?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Outrail posted:

Is he involved the festival? Is he lazy? Will he ever check?

Things went the same as always. He hemmed and hawed about meeting up to discuss things and work on it together before just having me do it on my own at the last minute. At least I got to just make the dumb list. Wish he would have just emailed me the stuff on Friday or whatever. Seems like a lot of extra steps for a relatively simple issue.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Things went the same as always. He hemmed and hawed about meeting up to discuss things and work on it together before just having me do it on my own at the last minute. At least I got to just make the dumb list. Wish he would have just emailed me the stuff on Friday or whatever. Seems like a lot of extra steps for a relatively simple issue.

Yes, but now, not only was he involved, he was giving you direction. That's a big win for him.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Maybe. I don't know. It's worked out at least.

On the plus side one of the part timers is interested in helping out at the festival. He's a cool guy.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

On the plus side one of the part timers is interested in helping out at the festival. He's a cool guy.

My dude find or found another brewery

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

WebDO posted:

My dude find or found another brewery

Yeah. Probably eventually. It's what it is for now.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

After he explains his successful involvement in this particular task to your boss, he'll be fully licensed to continue doing this to you in the future.

You should fully expect this to embolden him to do so in areas he's not yet attempted to manage you.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Cheesus posted:

After he explains his successful involvement in this particular task to your boss, he'll be fully licensed to continue doing this to you in the future.

You should fully expect this to embolden him to do so in areas he's not yet attempted to manage you.

If he gets a promotion he'll probably be transferred to somewhere else in the company and be out of my hair. If not I'll find something else. But I get it. I'd probably be more worried if he seemed more capable of planning ahead. This guy can't remember things we talked about a few hours ago.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

TaurusTorus posted:

The machine was trying to reach a temp of 53,200 celsius.

The little oven that couldn't

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cheesus posted:

Yuuuuuuup, it's this, entirely a power play. That kind of stuff should be shut down ASAP or the offender will just continue to do it more while upping the stakes

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Dors anyone else here put 'use by' dates on their employment? Like I hate it so much I will be like "regardless of what happens I will quit on [x] date, just so I can survive lol

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Won't matter, I've already expired

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Chewbecca posted:

Dors anyone else here put 'use by' dates on their employment? Like I hate it so much I will be like "regardless of what happens I will quit on [x] date, just so I can survive lol

During an interview I told an employer I was leaving in two years. They were cool about it and I went back to work for them several times.

Turns out treating people halfway decently makes then not want to gently caress you over. Shits crazy.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I don't understand how this keeps happening, but the whole "driver saw the serial number and didn't look at the part number so loaded up the box" thing happened again late last week on parts we couldn't lose that kind of time on. Because this has now happened twice in two weeks I have a materials manager claiming my orders are the problem despite the fact the delivery guy has stated it happened because he isn't fully reading the labels and just grabbing something that looks close to what he's supposed to get. Love to be at my desk an extra three hours when everyone knew I was trying to get out early because someone refuses to get glasses or something.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Chewbecca posted:

This is why I do project work although it's more professional ADD and boredom than sheer hate.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lazyfire posted:

I don't understand how this keeps happening, but the whole "driver saw the serial number and didn't look at the part number so loaded up the box" thing happened again late last week on parts we couldn't lose that kind of time on. Because this has now happened twice in two weeks I have a materials manager claiming my orders are the problem despite the fact the delivery guy has stated it happened because he isn't fully reading the labels and just grabbing something that looks close to what he's supposed to get. Love to be at my desk an extra three hours when everyone knew I was trying to get out early because someone refuses to get glasses or something.
Start asking the materials manager if they want the handlers to have to scan everything in and out because people's eyeballs unable to read packaging is how you start policies like scanning everything in and out

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

zedprime posted:

Start asking the materials manager if they want the handlers to have to scan everything in and out because people's eyeballs unable to read packaging is how you start policies like scanning everything in and out

I mean, shouldn't that be done anyway?

In the very loose way DSD delivery in America works, every piece is checked at least four times. Discrepancies show up and are addressed at the beginning and end of the distribution chain to save time and (in theory) money. That's within systems where a few pieces only really matter for billing purposes, as long as it's not a consistent gently caress up, but still.

Even much of the EDI pay-by-scan product gets inventoried by someone within the shortest billing period possible in the system. Provided the data is analyzed higher up and acted upon, that gives a solid base to effect changes to accuracy all along the line. (If there's trust between everyone involved, if everyone utilizes the available tools, if there's a will to avoid circular billing due to mistakes, if, if, if).

mr.winky
May 1, 2023

by vyelkin
close at 4 oclock

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Came in to keg the Berliner today and the tank had lost all of it's carb. I probably should have seen this coming as it had no pressure after spunding it before I went back to the US. At least kegging that beer is the only major thing I need to get done this week so I guess I'll just take care of it tomorrow.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The lack of availability and variety of fruit purees I can use in beers and liquid yeast here can get sorta frustrating sometimes.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

In a rare smart thing your work does: they brought back the nice toilet paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Take them off the death watch for now.