Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

It's out. Someone is streaming the early game on discord as I type this. It'll be datamined and every scrap of the game will be on the internet by the end of the week, so uh go dark now if you want to stay unspoiled.

Is there any prescedent for Nintendo pushing release forward in cases like these? I want to say something similar happened with one of the Pokemon releases and once it got to a saturation point retailers broke the street date.

It won't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’d be surprised if they moved it since that would seem to encourage leaks like these. I’m sure being internal security or whatever you call it at Nintendo is a pretty lively job these days.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Thought not lmao. Time to disappear for the meantime then, see you all next Friday.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Pirate Radar posted:

I’d be surprised if they moved it since that would seem to encourage leaks like these. I’m sure being internal security or whatever you call it at Nintendo is a pretty lively job these days.

The official uniform is a wario outfit and you MUST wear it at all times.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

Thought not lmao. Time to disappear for the meantime then, see you all next Friday.

If you can think of the game that did get moved in the meantime come back and post it, I tried googling it and didn’t come up with a Nintendo game that was moved up after a leak.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Don’t live in fear my friends

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

If you can think of the game that did get moved in the meantime come back and post it, I tried googling it and didn’t come up with a Nintendo game that was moved up after a leak.

It was one of the mainline Pokemon games, I want to say X and Y. I don't think it was sanctioned in any way, just retailers trying to get the jump on eachother.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I don't want it to be released early, I hope there's a lil day 1 performance patch, as a treat.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

wow, almost 2 weeks ahead of time leak, thats wild

Senrab
May 10, 2012

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

ganondorf is your daddy

:hmmyes:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Nintendo has had games leak this far ahead before. It's kinda the nature of releasing popular games on cartridges. They need more press time than a disc based game because there's way less global capacity for making switch carts. And that means going gold nearly two months out and spending that whole time making carts, which means more time for leaks to happen.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I may have to go dark. Most people are good at using spoiler tags but clickbait titles are going to suck.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

queeb posted:

wow, almost 2 weeks ahead of time leak, thats wild

I have never really paid attention to something like this. How does the game leak? Does that just mean someone involved in the distribution stole copies?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah, this might be where I dip out as well. See y’all on the other side.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I have never really paid attention to something like this. How does the game leak? Does that just mean someone involved in the distribution stole copies?

Usually yeah. Or some idiot at a game shop took some copies and gave them out to friends who start posting things everywhere.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can't wait to go spoiler free until a couple of days before release when a random Youtube thumbnail ruins a major plot point for me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha was curious if it was out on PC yet but a quick look I'm seeing a lot of people downloading a video of link dancing instead of the ROM they thought it was.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I wouldn't go out of my way to encounter spoilers but I am less hardcore than a lot of you. I don't want to see solutions to puzzles or a guide or whatever, but plot points in a Zelda game don't really bofher me. Like if there is a spoiler that Link makes out with Sidon or that Zelda is a ghost that's not going to impact things for me like it would a movie. It depends on the game. Something more cinematic like Witcher 3 I might care more about.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

HUGE cutscene spoiler: Link talks, and says "gently caress"

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm :f5: waiting for someone to leak the full intro, but other than that I kinda want to avoid stuff.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

Honestly, about time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Also abit of the map and its hud And the map screen has levels for ground and sky, guessing underground too but thats probably further in

Mister Facetious posted:

They'll just have a button that switches between overlays of the three levels, assuming they bother.

Called it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah it looks like teh game actually hasnt leaked publicly, every torrent and website link is a 16gb file of link dancing

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

queeb posted:

yeah it looks like teh game actually hasnt leaked publicly, every torrent and website link is a 16gb file of link dancing

Ganon's master plan revealed!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

queeb posted:

Imagine our surprise on the 12th when we all finally boot it up and that's the actual game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Imagine our surprise on the 12th when we all finally boot it up and that's the actual game

Cadence of Hyrule deep lore videos when!?

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Goddamn, Intro confirms some poo poo :eyepop: also screenshot (possible inferred spoiler on where zelda is) called it, shes in the past leaving poo poo for link :getin:

https://imgur.io/dY9pCsu?r

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat leakers not leaking it right, pre release the game ye scaly fiends.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Khanstant posted:

I dunno, a 16 gig dancing Link sounds like they're doing it perfectly

Asterite34 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M&t=74s

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 1, 2023

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

here's what the "tips and tricks" loading screen looks like if you're into that. there are no actual spoilers of any kind but you may not want to see it yet!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Khanstant posted:

It's released, but the sites hosting it are crumbling. lol

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

epic bacon posted:

here's what the "tips and tricks" loading screen looks like if you're into that. there are no actual spoilers of any kind but you may not want to see it yet!

considering how botw launched, how's the framerate?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

sigher posted:

It's released, but the sites hosting it are crumbling. lol

it's streaming on twitch now rip

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 1, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Twitch stream lmao

Edit: its gone lol

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 1, 2023

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh that stream is probably screwed. I give it 2 hours before Twitch shuts it down or the guy himself does to try to avoid Nintendo's C&D. They were ruthless about pre-release Twitch streams for Pokemon ScarVio

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Zore posted:

Oh that stream is probably screwed. I give it 2 hours before Twitch shuts it down or the guy himself does to try to avoid Nintendo's C&D. They were ruthless about pre-release Twitch streams for Pokemon ScarVio

The stream has a link to the damned game in the pinned message (I think, could just be an elaborate way to get people to install viruses). It's a 17.5 GB file on a filesharing website I've never heard of before that has a 10GB a day limit if you don't use a paid account.

This guy's going to be sent to the nintendo mines

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

It's already gone lmao

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Zore posted:

Didnt last that long lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MagusDraco posted:

The stream has a link to the damned game in the pinned message (I think, could just be an elaborate way to get people to install viruses). It's a 17.5 GB file on a filesharing website I've never heard of before that has a 10GB a day limit if you don't use a paid account.

This guy's going to be sent to the nintendo mines

From what I've seen, that's the actual file so they weren't lying. lol