Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Maybe it was blithole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

I cheated and looked ahead and we've got ~2 weeks left of this(including today, which is a Monday strip) before it seems to start wrapping up. Aren't you excited?

Bonus: The dog is large, and also a cyborg.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 28, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

In case people aren't familiar with Tiger Balm, it's

"an analgesic heat rub manufactured and distributed by Singaporean company Haw Par Healthcare. It is used for external pain relief."

It smells really strong, and heats up REALLY HOT. I use it for my sore neck.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7NZza-C-AY

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(October 22, 1916)

Little Nemo(March 11, 1906)

A slight change in format, making the strip easier to follow.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Winsor McKay is so good at drawing things. There's a bit coming up where there's a car with goats instead of wheels and the dynamism he gets of the car jumping over a mountain is incredible. It's unfortunately in an arc that's going to be entirely under spoiler bars.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Rae The Doe

Around the World in Eighty Days, the book in which Phileas Fogg famously flies in a hot air balloon.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Storefri

Yeah, excursion is the absolute most stressful thing you can do as a educator. And I do it weekly with kids that are three to six years old. You have to make sure everyone has been to the toilet, that they have enough clothing, that you have packed everything from a first aid kit to napkins, that everyone has packed their lunch. Then you have to make sure that no one isn't left behind, if you take public transportation you have to count them when they get on the bus after they get on bus, during the ride and when you're leaving the bus. And that's probably just covering fifty percent of what you have to do.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

So to be clear their proposed business model is to infect appliances with malware right

Vintage Valiant (Jan. 06, 1957)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/30/03

Brenda Starr 11/20-22/50

Smokey Stover 5/23/54

Everyday Movies 5/13/36

"She must have added water to it last night. It don't taste as good as it did yesterday."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 5/19-21/41

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Amd the wi u remote is locked up in the attic, of course.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Was gonna say the Channel F or the ColecoVision.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps - Finale

And so at last, we must say happy trails to our pals The Creeps. God Speed Fellas!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

^^^^ RIP Creeps, the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Nancy 1943

Pluggers don't understand how food works

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The way I see it, old age can make you a Plugger or a resident of Ballard Street and I know which one I'm aiming for

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
i mean i know diet soda isn't great for you, but what if you prefer it to regular soda?

i think pluggers could join ballard street if they knew it existed. ballard street changes you, even boomers.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

everyone wear hats now posted:

And so at last, we must say happy trails to our pals The Creeps. God Speed Fellas!

Thanks a bunch for posting it!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

everyone wear hats now posted:

They were too beautiful for this world.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Look on the bright side, at least they aren't stuffing the apples with nitroglycerin and sand.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The creeps is top 5 for me. Sad to see it end again. Lost two of my faves in as many weeks!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Look on the bright side, at least they aren't stuffing the apples with nitroglycerin and sand.

IDGI. Was that in a later episode?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Kavak posted:

IDGI. Was that in a later episode?

Reference to another strip that's being posted:

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 5/19-21/41

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Powered Descent posted:

Slylock Fox

Honestly, they just look like born scammers to me....

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

i mean i know diet soda isn't great for you, but what if you prefer it to regular soda?

i think pluggers could join ballard street if they knew it existed. ballard street changes you, even boomers.
Anything bad about diet soda can be said about regular soda (mostly that drinking acidic drinks isn't great for your teeth). The health effects of aspartame (the most common non-sugar sweetener) have been studied repeatedly and there's absolutely no negative effects from it. Meanwhile, regular soda is highly sugary without any other nutrients beyond a touch of sodium.

There's some other non-sugar sweeteners that appear in sodas, but they're generally a bit harder to find and not likely to be in the cold case at 7-11, so not super important for this discussion. (Coke Zero used sucralose when it launched, but they eventually reformulated to aspartame. Sucralose hasn't been studied nearly as much as aspartame, but nothing has shown any negative health effects from it.)

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Powered Descent posted:

They were too beautiful for this world.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Unexpected Ed, Edd, and Eddie.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Powered Descent posted:

Slylock Fox

Doctoring the apple juice with crushed jawbreakers smdh.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Godspeed The Creeps. May they be deeply unsettling in our hearts.

Speaking of great strips I didn't expect to have an epiphany and see Slylock Fox confidently stride into the top ten this week.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Powered Descent posted:

Slylock Fox

Reminder that Scott Underwood, who has been doing illustration duties on "Slylock Fox" lately, worked on "Ed, Edd n Eddy" as a board artist.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mister Beeg posted:

Reminder that Scott Underwood, who has been doing illustration duties on "Slylock Fox" lately, worked on "Ed, Edd n Eddy" as a board artist.

Well I hope he finds his work on Slylock Fox more engaging.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Mister Beeg posted:

thank you!!! i have been quietly wondering because the art style is so jarringly different, much more fluid and, yeah, rooted in animation rather than cartooning; im glad to have a name to go with the change

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (April 30, 1935)

Peanuts (May 3, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater didn't post a new strip this morning, so it's straight on to Out Our Way (September 8-10, 1941)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Crankshaft swings from lame, unfunny puns to 'oops....I forgot to tell a joke at all!".

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

So that really was the resolution of Grandma Arc, huh Sally Forth. Booooooo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Seems premature to think that.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Perhaps! It'd be nice if I'm proven wrong and we get a good resolution instead.

Speaking of good things I took a break last year and as a birthday gift to myself I was considering posting the Jucika run again. Dunno how long it's reasonable to wait, I posted it twice back to back and its been half a year. I've even got it all on an imgur account so I assume I'll dodge the great purge.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Crankshaft swings from lame, unfunny puns to 'oops....I forgot to tell a joke at all!".

No, you see, this is the punchline to a brick joke.
A terrible brick joke.

Doomykins posted:

Perhaps! It'd be nice if I'm proven wrong and we get a good resolution instead.

Speaking of good things I took a break last year and as a birthday gift to myself I was considering posting the Jucika run again. Dunno how long it's reasonable to wait, I posted it twice back to back and its been half a year. I've even got it all on an imgur account so I assume I'll dodge the great purge.

:justpost:

Hippocrass fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet Creeps; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.