Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I hate having a guy in my team but I am forced to admit Welt seems great. Decent damage with good utility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Welt's amazing, and I'm so happy I got him cause he was the the 5-star I was most interested in.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 45 hours!)

foxgirl get.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Flowing Thot posted:

I hate having a guy in my team but I am forced to admit Welt seems great. Decent damage with good utility.

o_O

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Jesus the VA for the foxgirl is atrocious. The VA sounds like she's high as gently caress and phoning it in while doomscrolling TikTok/Insta/Snap.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
After reading some Welt love here I decided to catch him up with the rest of my squad and yeah, he's pretty rad. Solid utility and damage. Hard to fit him in my team right now though since having a preservation/abundance combo with Seele and Tingyun is too strong for the hard stuff. He's great for farming and easier content though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Good Citizen posted:

Yep

(Still haven’t pulled a single Tingyun)

Tingyun isn't on Seeles banner though?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

when does the weekly locked bosses become available that i been hearing about

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

GateOfD posted:

when does the weekly locked bosses become available that i been hearing about

end of the ice planet

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Turns out that even going all-in on Elation with my Clara hypercarry team of Clara e1 + March + Natasha + Tingyun wasn't enough to overcome a 7-level gap between my team and the second elite in simulated world 3. Guess I'm going to wait until I unlock the next level of ascensions before trying to go too far into world 3 again.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Flowing Thot posted:

I have pulled 9 Natasha's and zero pela's. Is Pela even in this machine.

How is the Natasha 6 Eidolon thing? Adding 40% of her HP as physical damage to her basic attack sounds awesome and like you can make her hit like a truck if you just stack HP (which is also what her heal scales off).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I got Yanqing from the begginer banner, like 20 pulls into the f2p banner got me his LC. Today I bought the 5 f2p tickets and 3 pulls in got an eidoloon for him

Im just going to bee line the story to get the fire trailblazer and pull on the next premium for tingyun. All in on surfer boy for the early part of the game since thats what the game wants me to do apparently.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Substandard posted:

How is the Natasha 6 Eidolon thing? Adding 40% of her HP as physical damage to her basic attack sounds awesome and like you can make her hit like a truck if you just stack HP (which is also what her heal scales off).

Its ok single target damage, but you'll probably want to eventually stack some break damage on her so she can crush some of the trash in one hit

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So I got Yanqing from the begginer banner, like 20 pulls into the f2p banner got me his LC. Today I bought the 5 f2p tickets and 3 pulls in got an eidoloon for him

Im just going to bee line the story to get the fire trailblazer and pull on the next premium for tingyun. All in on surfer boy for the early part of the game since thats what the game wants me to do apparently.

this is me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flowing Thot posted:

lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This has been a fun enough game without having to spend any money. It's certainly keeping me interested long past the novelty wall of other games.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I meant to get started in the game this past weekend but I was moving and it ended up taking far longer than expected. Are there any significant things to know before starting?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ibblebibble posted:

Turns out that even going all-in on Elation with my Clara hypercarry team of Clara e1 + March + Natasha + Tingyun wasn't enough to overcome a 7-level gap between my team and the second elite in simulated world 3. Guess I'm going to wait until I unlock the next level of ascensions before trying to go too far into world 3 again.

World 3 is just unusually hard for some reason. I beat it going all in on preservation and getting lucky after a few runs. If you haven’t accumulated enough simulation points to get the revive machine then that helps a lot if the elite suddenly decides to murder one of your teammates before the boss

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

I meant to get started in the game this past weekend but I was moving and it ended up taking far longer than expected. Are there any significant things to know before starting?
You're a regular in the Genshin thread, right? If you know that game well you'll be fine. Even though the structure and combat is completely different, the progression and gacha systems are almost identical. Only real difference is that the novice banner lasts longer and gives you a guaranteed 5-star at the end here.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Waiting to level 50 to do world 3 I found it tough but not super tough with my hp only getting kind of low a few times on the boss. I cannot imagine doing it at level 40.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Flowing Thot posted:

:chloe:

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Flowing Thot posted:

guys are great op, you should put more in your party actually

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Am I loving up for using Dan, march, and MC in my main party? They seem really strong/reliable and complement each others poo poo really well. I also bring Asta, which is I guess the most basic comp in the game.

I somehow nabbed Welt and Seele from the beginner banner, and I don't like either of them but Seele is extremely strong. Unfortunately, not many people have dark weaknesses and a shitload have wind/ice/physical, so...

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Only thing I'd really prioritize is getting Trailblazer Power unlocked as quickly as possible and then spend it every day. The pace of the rest of the game feels fairly laid back to me.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

jokes posted:

Am I loving up for using Dan, march, and MC in my main party? They seem really strong/reliable and complement each others poo poo really well. I also bring Asta, which is I guess the most basic comp in the game.

I somehow nabbed Welt and Seele from the beginner banner, and I don't like either of them but Seele is extremely strong. Unfortunately, not many people have dark weaknesses and a shitload have wind/ice/physical, so...

A LOT has Imaginary it feels, honestly it's like something either is quantum or imaginary weak. Both those characters are amazing and I highly recommend swapping to them. Or at least keeping them caught up. Dan is the most boring of the starter characters, but if you get him enough crit to proc his slow he is pretty solid. March is decent the whole way through, she even gets a cleanse which is VERY valuable. MC is also good in this game, so you're not hamstringing yourself at all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The problem isn't that welt is a dude, it's that he's like 70 somehow, and thus is grandpa space

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

jokes posted:

The first actual-world is geared to let that work, plus give Seele time to shine. Things get shaky after given by then you should have a well rounded cast so the enemies will change but, but that's basically Default Party.

You are blessed to have Welt and Seele together, though, as that is basically the enemy doesn't get a turn speed duo. I'd, uh, recommend investing heavily into them, but it's not a complicated min-maxing game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pela being a huge Tears of Themis fan and her phone case even being the cast is really funny/cute to me. Kindred spirit for sure...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think march is fine to use.
Dan sucks and is replaced by just about anything.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I feel like Dan/Welt can reliably put on the slow and Asta's ultimate can make sure I'm always lapping enemies. Maybe if I drop MC or March and add in Seele I can become Speed Itself

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm only level thirty on ice world but I've been regularly swapping parties based on what I'm about to fight.

Helps not having a long "load" to get to the party screen like genshin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jokes posted:

Am I loving up for using Dan, march, and MC in my main party?
no, they're all very good units. march is about as good as gepard, the 5* shielder.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think I'll always use MC and March. Is fireblazer that much better than physical?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

jokes posted:

I think I'll always use MC and March. Is fireblazer that much better than physical?

Yes

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Vaguido posted:

guys are great op, you should put more in your party actually

It's no use, they were just as weird about dudes in the Genshin thread.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dang, I really like just beating the gently caress out of everything with a metal space bat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fire Trailblazer is an extremely good unit because they do decent damage, taunt onto themself, and provide shields. They work fine with March if you're fine going slow. Fire Trailblazer/March/Natasha/whatever DPS you want is basically unkillable.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

The problem isn't that welt is a dude, it's that he's like 70 somehow, and thus is grandpa space

It lets him use a cane to fight, and that’s some real cool energy.

Using Light Cones rather than a more standard weapon system like Genshin was a good move, it let them get a lot more creative in what characters use. My main team has floating lasers, scythe, gun, and Big Robot as their weapons of choice.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just hope relics stay at level 9 being the maximum because I can throw them on and forget they exist a bit easier than genshin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the core freebies are good but also you can do basically whatever until around when you get a free natasha and forced to bump equilibrium to keep advancing, but even then that's still using the freebies and I've seen people clear stuff for a bit after without a healer still.