Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Switch 2 will be announced in a Direct on March 28, 2023.

If it's anything like the original Switch launch announcement (October 16), it will be ~5 months before launch, with Nintendo announcing they're ending production of the old one a month later, like they did with the Wii U, to let stocks run out.

Though to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept selling the Lite as a low cost option for children/indie fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Switch 2's Lite equivalent will have two screens and be called the Switch Dual Lite, or Switch D-Lite.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Scholtz posted:

The Switch 2's Lite equivalent will have two screens and be called the Switch Dual Lite, or Switch D-Lite.

2 Lite 2 Furious

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Scholtz posted:

... or Switch D-Lite.

The Groove is in the Heart, but it requires an 8 gb download.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Argue posted:

Have you ever played Warioware DIY

I've only played the one for Wii

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

hatty posted:

TotK supposedly leaked, this will be a fun 11 days on the internet

I can't believe Sephiroth kills Zelda with a bombchu

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Prurient Squid posted:

Sometimes when there's a pit 1 square in width Mario just walks over it no bother but sometimes he falls down. I think there's some kind of trick to this. Maybe to do with how they're broken up.

Libluini posted:

I like to put the 1-square pit situations like this:

Mario walks, he dies
Mario runs, he lives

I always kind of thought of it as like, Wile-E-Coyote/Road Runner physics. :kiddo:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Switch 2 will randomly start showing up on shelves with TotK as a launch title at 1080p60 without a launch announcement.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Umm, I don't know how to say this, but I woke up today and there was a switch 2 but it's permanently attached to my hands. Honestly I can't tell where my hands end and where the switch 2 begins. But I'm playing tears of the kingdom in 4k.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Mr.Acula posted:

I've only played the one for Wii

Warioware DIY is a DS Warioware game whose gimmick is you can make your own microgames; the microgame creator is very versatile and the UI is literally the Mario Paint UI but Wario-themed and souped up with microgame-making features... it's pretty much Mario Paint 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All the cutscenes for Tears of the Kingdom have been leaked. It’s kinda lame that the entire game will be known forwards an backwards by the time I get to play it but what can you do

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

All the cutscenes for Tears of the Kingdom have been leaked. It’s kinda lame that the entire game will be known forwards an backwards by the time I get to play it but what can you do
Why is that lame?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

What I don't like about this is that the game is still a few weeks out. Can't people at least wait a day or two before launch?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like discovering things with the community and stuff, maybe I’m the lame one who knows

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

only the pre-rendered cutscenes. in-engine cutscenes (like any cutscene where Link could be wearing a different outfit) wouldn't have been dumped.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I would simply not associate with the people who seek out the leaks.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Nothing will ruin crashing Link's aerofoil into an active volcano

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

beer gas canister posted:

Nothing will ruin crashing Link's aerofoil into an active volcano

That's the canon end for botw turns out

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'll be getting it in late May and I expect there'll still be people who have managed to ignore everything about it I can discover poo poo with

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

I would simply not associate with the people who seek out the leaks.

Yeah, I mean for most games I can understand wanting to know as much as you can pre-release (I'm definitely that way with Pokemon, where I'm mostly interested in the new Pokemon, moves, abilities, and mechanics), but for something like Zelda where the whole appeal of the game is discovering everything at your own pace, it'd be detrimental to see that stuff early. The fun will be discovering all the weird poo poo myself.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

hatty posted:

I like discovering things with the community and stuff, maybe I’m the lame one who knows

There will be plenty of people who haven't gobbled up every last scrap of news the second it dropped and gone over these leaks with a fine-toothed comb. You'll have plenty of people to make discoveries with.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

hatty posted:

Time works the same way.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It's Zelda though other than environments and items what is there to spoil? I can't think of a single memorable or surprising "twist" in any mainline game and they all play out quite by the numbers

I do like going into the environments blind but eh it's not a big deal if I get spoiled a bit by accident or w/e

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

There will be plenty of people who haven't gobbled up every last scrap of news the second it dropped and gone over these leaks with a fine-toothed comb. You'll have plenty of people to make discoveries with.

I mean the internet doesn't work that way because there will always be a dude who Kramers in.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
"even more bad stuff happens to Hyrule hence all the crying and whatnot, Link has to face off against Ganon but with his arm cut off so it's a little more edgy, a little more in your face, get n or get out"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the internet doesn't work that way because there will always be a dude who Kramers in.
Works on my machine.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

KingSlime posted:

It's Zelda though other than environments and items what is there to spoil? I can't think of a single memorable or surprising "twist" in any mainline game and they all play out quite by the numbers

I do like going into the environments blind but eh it's not a big deal if I get spoiled a bit by accident or w/e

Some people are emotionally stunted and can't handle being told something even a minute in advance, because they've fully mentally bought into the hype cycle, and reasonably explaining to them, "Dude, it's just a game." sends their brain worms into righteous fury.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 1, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m going to be mad if someone spoils I can’t date anyone in the game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Now I haven't played ToTK yet but I'm still willing to bet that Sekiro will continue to be the best prosthetic arm themed video game

...closely followed by that one game where your bionic arm ends up being your dead wife all along

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just can't believe Ganon really hid the triforce in there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KingSlime posted:

it’s a game about exploring and discovering the unknown. do the math

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Augus posted:

That's fair but considering it's an open world game though you're going to have to spend a lot of time looking at leaks to spoil a substantial amount of content

Of course there's always a possibility of a bad faith content creator stringing of chain of really important / spoilery footage together in a quick compilation I guess

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

KingSlime posted:

I mean there's something to be said for discovering cool physics interactions on your own.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

KingSlime posted:

lol come on

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also Zelda stories tend to slide back and forth between being mostly unimportant and being actually good, it’s not really a sure thing at all

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I just can't believe Ganon really hid the triforce in there

It's why he's no longer a pig monster.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Augus posted:

Actually, it's a game about you, (the supposed "hero") being tasked with murdering a "badguy".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

Actually, it's a game about beating a badguy.

oh yeah then why is “Link got a game over against Ganon in OoT” a canon part of the timeline?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Big Zelda spoilers ahead:

Link is the main character, not Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The only good Zelda game was Shadow of the Colossus