Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

I was skeptical until I saw rule 138, I'm all in after that one.
102 has me out. No dingle dangles, no deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This is why I have a double bowl sink.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Crapping out a bold one with the boys.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

freeedr posted:

I like listening to my beautiful swinging dong and there is nothing you can do to stop me

I like you

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMekckJqIwQ

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
there are so many cults you guys?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Some people want power over others, some people desperately want to belong to something

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

How hard would it be to start a cult, like if I wanted to do that

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That's kind of like asking how hard it is to make money, it really depends on small details like ethics and legality (and autocorrect's suggestion, lethality)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Killingyouguy! posted:

If you choose the right person to indoctrinate first, the rest is easy

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hello, I'm responding to your classified ad. Does Ted live here... yes, a Ted R. Lord?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Who even has the energy to join a cult these days

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sentient Data posted:

That's kind of like asking how hard it is to make money, it really depends on small details like ethics and legality (and autocorrect's suggestion, lethality)

lol

Cults tend to acrete around malignant narcissists. I occasionally stumble on wikipedia articles or forensic files episodes or whatever about some dipshit getting lonely teenagers to kill for them or sell magazines.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Just make a semi-decent movie or game or book, critics will claim you have a cult-following in no time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AopWqv-eQFM

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mauser posted:

Who even has the energy to join a cult these days

too many Gen Z cultists are quiet quitting, just not putting enough energy into being a cultist anymore

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Millennials killed cults

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ok now share your deepest insecurities and fears and mistakes and we totally won't blackmail you with them

post internet generations: lol, lmao

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

hawowanlawow posted:

ok now share your deepest insecurities and fears and mistakes and we totally won't blackmail you with them

post internet generations: lol, lmao

The bigger lol is that you think people don't over-share online. I mean, I'd make a joke about the various drama reddits but *gestures at these here forums*

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

The bigger lol is that you think people don't over-share online. I mean, I'd make a joke about the various drama reddits but *gestures at these here forums*

speaking of sharing, how's that baby mouth treating you these days

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If lowtax fully leveraged his power he'd've been a more powerful blackmailer than J Edgar Hoover

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

no actually we're in complete agreement, I lol because all of their dirt has already been overshared

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hawowanlawow posted:

no actually we're in complete agreement, I lol because all of their dirt has already been overshared

"Don't put anything online you wouldn't want to see in the newspa--"

Area Man Asks Community to Judge Behaviour of Feeding Newborn Spicy Breakfast So Clingy Wife Will Spend Most of Football Sunday Changing Diapers

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aOHQ-sMCps

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

kazil posted:

too many Gen Z cultists are quiet quitting, just not putting enough energy into being a cultist anymore

Nobody wants to blood sacrifice anymore!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Whaddya gotta do that's so fuckin' important, you can't join the religious cult with me?!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Sam, I want to sell my truck

Sam

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hello, I'm responding to your classified ad. Does Ted live here... yes, a Ted R. Lord?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Arivia posted:

Lobok posted:

Area Man Asks Community to Judge Behaviour of Feeding Newborn Spicy Breakfast So Clingy Wife Will Spend Most of Football Sunday Changing Diapers

wut

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i was giving cyrano a gentle ribbing about his infamous post discussing a classical history text about getting a blowjob from an infant once (i am not making this up, cyrano did not make this up, it's an actual roman/greek historian named suetonius, just a goofy fuckin forums post)

i dunno what the other person was posting about

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Uhhhhhhh I wouldn't call that goofy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mine was just a hypothetical AITA? post because the ultimate form of oversharing to me is not the weird stuff but the weird stuff that the person already seems to grasp might be heinous.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

Just put up a listing on an 'intentional community' website and you're in business

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think they call it "mining" these days

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Arivia posted:

I was about to correct you that this was Fluffdaddy, but that was "young mouth".

This loving website.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Arivia posted:

i was giving cyrano a gentle ribbing about his infamous post discussing a classical history text about getting a blowjob from an infant once (i am not making this up, cyrano did not make this up, it's an actual roman/greek historian named suetonius, just a goofy fuckin forums post)

Yep. It was me trying some dumb, edgy humor back in 2014 or so. It was part of a larger discussion of the roman historian Suetonius and the pretty off the walls salacious accusations he was making that I riffed on in an extremely gross way. It’s still in the ancient history thread if you sort by my posts and look around 2014. Wouldn’t make that joke now, it was pretty gross, and blue humor isn’t something I do well.

Think I had a red text for that that I wore for something like a year. Featured a bust of Suetonius, which is fitting because he was a literal neckbeard.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

People can change. Let Cyrano hold the baby. People can change. He used to be a piece of poo poo, but he’s not anymore.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Going forward I'm using "Let Cyrano hold the baby" as shorthand for "this guy's alright now"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

space uncle posted:

People can change. Let Cyrano hold the baby. People can change. He used to be a piece of poo poo, but he’s not anymore.

Yeah it's fine, I'm not baying for Cyrano's head or anything, I just thought it was an okay rejoinder to the idea of sharing too much on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Featured a bust of Suetonius, which is fitting because he was a literal neckbeard.

Putting the "suet" in "Suetonius".