Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Team Getting Victor
This poll is closed.
Pistons 7 17.07%
Spurs 14 34.15%
Rockets 2 4.88%
Blazers 4 9.76%
UCONN 6 14.63%
Other 8 19.51%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

NickRoweFillea posted:

I didn’t want to be here this early, but that’s the way it goes. Get Dillon Brooks off my team ASAP.

They tried once but it was the wrong Brooks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

temple posted:

I think brooks was deflecting to get the attention off ja

pretty sure it was all his sad attempts to drum up support for a payday

dude aint gettin poo poo now

and by that i mean a measely 12-15 million dollars per year what a fuckin loser!!!!!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

you guys see this poo poo

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1652354016804757509

ja morant hasnt changed at all, talkin bout going and attacking and knowing the guys are gonna follow him, smh, would hate to be a 17 year old street baller in memphis for the next few weeks

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Slight causes for optimism in Minnesota:

They're working to lock down Naz Reid Naz Reid and Chris Finch recognizes one of the season's biggest offensive issues:

quote:

The coach took some ownership for the team’s struggles this season as well. Finch prefers to have an offense the players flow into, where they read the defense, react to what they see in front of them and use their intellect and synergy to attack weaknesses as they unfold. He does not like to call a lot of plays, believing it can stifle the creativity and ingenuity that makes teams most difficult to guard. But this Wolves team seemed to crave more structure

This summer, Finch said he would take a long look at his offense and how best to tailor it to maximize Towns and Gobert while also giving Edwards the freedom to attack like he did in Games 3-5 against Denver.

“It’s going to take a lot more attention to detail and spacing, perhaps a little more structure,” Finch said. “We’re going to have to be able to shift between directing the ball to different guys. I think maybe some more play calls from me."

This was a team with a 114 ORTG (16th) and 3ish NET (10th) in the first half, vs a 112 ORTG (25th) and -2ish NET (26th) in the second and the lack of structure to fall back on was a clear issue when things started to gum up late.

Ant also needs to start adding the pick and roll game to his bag - players like Trae, Dame, Ja, Demar, and Donovan finished on it 9-12 times a game (36-47% of their possessions). For Ant, it was barely over a quarter. He had 27 total assists to Rudy this year (for context, that's 2 more than to Nowell and 3 fewer than to Towns despite the latter missing almost 4 months). Luckily, he's 21 and Jaden's 22 so neither is anywhere near their prime and both can continue to develop those necessary skills.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hopefully they can get out from under KATs contract.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Condolences to the Kings and their fans, I was pulling for you to rid us of Draymond, get revenge on the Lakers, and win the West. You should feel good about the future being bright (that is not a Beam pun).

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Hopefully they can get out from under KATs contract.

Horford for Kat. We'll toss in some picks and, lets say, a slightly used Mike Muscala.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Horford for Kat. We'll toss in some picks and, lets say, a slightly used Mike Muscala.

If KAT gets traded to the Celtics I might commit a terrorism against Boston’s most beloved landmark (Marky Mark’s House)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Indeed, welcome to the Kings. One of the funnest seasons in a long time. This is good experience, and I think they can build on it next year.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
They need to blow it up. It's over. What a mess.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cavs-Kings 2027 finals

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Dutchy posted:

They need to blow it up. It's over. What a mess.

they could use a center lol

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

DC Murderverse posted:

If KAT gets traded to the Celtics I might commit a terrorism against Boston’s most beloved landmark (Marky Mark’s House)
Sounds like a good deal, because Marky Mark's House is totally the most beloved landmark. Yes.

But seriously Horford is too important for the vibes as the Celtics' dad.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Someone said we thought sabonis was a poor man's jokic but he's really a poor man's looney. His flaws were exposed. He did well in the reg season (yes I watched games) but lordy was he a disaster in round 1. The kings were billed as having 2 stars but maybe they only have 1.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

temple posted:

Someone said we thought sabonis was a poor man's jokic but he's really a poor man's looney. His flaws were exposed. He did well in the reg season (yes I watched games) but lordy was he a disaster in round 1. The kings were billed as having 2 stars but maybe they only have 1.

His chief flaw of "He loses focus halfway through a game when he's playing with a hosed up hand, cheek, eye, and chest".

Dude's painkillers wore off. He was the only reason the King's were in that game to begin with and had a fantastic first half.

I legitimately can't tell you who the team was playing at PF for most of the second half, because they did nothing. So I would start looking there, maybe, for help.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Im genuinely sad about sacto losing. They were so drat scrappy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Veryslightlymad posted:

His chief flaw of "He loses focus halfway through a game when he's playing with a hosed up hand, cheek, eye, and chest".

Dude's painkillers wore off. He was the only reason the King's were in that game to begin with and had a fantastic first half.

I legitimately can't tell you who the team was playing at PF for most of the second half, because they did nothing. So I would start looking there, maybe, for help.

Sabonis played too hard. Look at him in game one versus game seven. He looked like he lost 25 pounds.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dejan Bimble posted:

Sabonis played too hard. Look at him in game one versus game seven. He looked like he lost 25 pounds.

I just went a week and a half without being able to eat solid food, and the dude looks like I do.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Sabonis doesn’t protect the rim !! And was outworked on the glass !! Can’t have that !!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Sabonis is really good, don't overreact to one series where he got literally beat on.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

temple posted:

He literally got stomped on causing an abdominal injury you weirdo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I need to see if there were Pels exit interviews. I haven't been following the team online for a couple months now; just watching the games. Just got around to reading this article and found a couple somewhat interesting bits: https://theathletic.com/4407925/2023/04/13/pelicans-loss-thunder-nba-playoffs/

quote:

[...]

All in all, the Pelicans’ Big 3 of Zion, Ingram and McCollum only played 10 games together this season. The 172 minutes the Big 3 shared on the court was barely more than the 167 minutes Kevin Durant, Chris Paul and Devin Booker have played together in Phoenix this season.

[...]

McCollum admitted Wednesday night that he’s played with a thumb injury for at least three months that will require surgery next week. He also said after the game that he’s been dealing with a shoulder injury the past few games that may require surgery once it gets examined.

[...]

There’s an unwavering belief among the prominent voices in the locker room that Zion’s presence is key to the Pelicans winning a title. There’s no effort among players to speed up his exit and make Ingram the unquestioned leadership figure. If anything, the players see this team as one that’s ready to compete for a Western Conference title if Williamson can play.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Veryslightlymad posted:

I just went a week and a half without being able to eat solid food, and the dude looks like I do.

Yeah I have never seen a single playoff series take that much out of a guy without him getting a disabling injury. He was fighting through it. He needs more hgh and sturroids

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

temple posted:

this is loving stupid

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh no, our All NBA center led the league in double doubles and is only making $19.4 million next year we’re so screwed. Have fun paying Jordan Poole $30 mil lol

Amazing season from the Kings. Blew away everybody’s expectations. Unanimous coach of the year. First ever clutch player of the year. Two all stars and all nba players. The record holder for most 3s made by a rookie. A legitimate 6moty contender. Draft picks and cap space going forward. Fantastic vibes and energy.

Sometimes you run up against a top 10 player of all time playing the best game 7 of all time. It happens.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

is monk locked up long term for the kings? he was the lone bright spot of last years lakers and it was good as hell to see him featured heavily on a top seed. his game is so nice

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

The Maestro posted:

Oh no, our All NBA center led the league in double doubles and is only making $19.4 million next year we’re so screwed. Have fun paying Jordan Poole $30 mil lol

Has anyone even intimated that Sabonis is bad/on a bad contract? You're punching a strawman.

Kings were fun all season, was a shame they had to face the Dubs 1st round as opposed to the Conference Finals.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
How many thousands of jump balls have there been? And how many guys have been elbowed in the eye during them? How many times have players hit the deck? And how many of them were stomped on? How many guys can put up All NBA numbers with a fractured thumb for 4 months?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Has anyone even intimated that Sabonis is bad/on a bad contract? You're punching a strawman.

Kings were fun all season, was a shame they had to face the Dubs 1st round as opposed to the Conference Finals.

No just wanted to laugh at Pooles contract

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

is monk locked up long term for the kings? he was the lone bright spot of last years lakers and it was good as hell to see him featured heavily on a top seed. his game is so nice

Free agent after next season making $9.5 mil

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

temple posted:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The Maestro posted:

How many thousands of jump balls have there been? And how many guys have been elbowed in the eye during them? How many times have players hit the deck? And how many of them were stomped on? How many guys can put up All NBA numbers with a fractured thumb for 4 months?

light years ahead

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

"Monk is Lou Williams 2.0" was the most obvious draft take everyone had before the draft and maybe the one that I've seen come most true of pre-draft takes that were that universal. Although the thing I will say about Monk is he's defending slightly better than Monk was at this age.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this dude loving sucks
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1654134463910035463?s=20

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

i mean I'm about to get a good yearly review and raise after being really mediocre at my job too so i aint mad at him

make room for rewarding being ok at things bro

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1653890931748388865?s=20

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
#weirdo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/canishoopus/status/1654557670412627970

This dude is about to become an alltime villain lmao

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1655050381569716224?t=Cvin6Bo4wwKRc1dz1XSGrg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Heard good things about him. He stepped in for a couple games when Malone was out

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1655279836703719424?s=20