Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So there’s a in game mail with a link to do a survey for I assume rewards. One of the first questions asks how much time you’re willing to spend on the survey. I chose < 10 minutes and the survey immediately ended for me.

So uh lie about that answer so that you don’t screw yourself out of rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Boris Galerkin posted:

So there’s a in game mail with a link to do a survey for I assume rewards. One of the first questions asks how much time you’re willing to spend on the survey. I chose < 10 minutes and the survey immediately ended for me.

that doesnt seem right, who takes more than 5 minutes to answer these things???

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It is good that the female trailblazer a college stoner who just rolled out of bed.

Also, Pom Pom, I love you and all but if you EVER leave the train and start following me around and giving advice I'm going to cry

Pom-Pom is being a good mascot and doing as much as he should, IE stand there and look cute.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

MoonCrab posted:

Wait is welt really like 70 he looks like he's late 30s

he had a canonical age in a certain year in the manga so if you just assume the honkai universe is about the same year as the real world he would be 70 something. i think the artists are aiming more for 50~ though, but everyone also has magical powers and its an anime game so the ages are pretty fuzzy.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The joy of unexpectedly pulling a 5* cone and then realizing that you have no one good to put it on.

(Something Irreplaceable, which is a Destruction best-in-slot for now, but my Destruction options are PhysMC (who's not getting used now), Hook, or Arlan at E0.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This game gave me a pet neutron bomb.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

delfin posted:

The joy of unexpectedly pulling a 5* cone and then realizing that you have no one good to put it on.

(Something Irreplaceable, which is a Destruction best-in-slot for now, but my Destruction options are PhysMC (who's not getting used now), Hook, or Arlan at E0.)

Glory be to Hook

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, use hook. She can do a lot of single target damage

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Glory be to Pitch-Dark Hook the Great

ftfy

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'd like to accelerate or skip these loving ultimates.

Leraika posted:

I have never used a healer :black101:

Same. Shields are the Way To Be.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I have never used a healer :black101:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this is such a pointless lie but it fits the gremlin stelle so well

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Welt is an expy of da wei

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

OK I give in. I'm enjoying Star Rail so much I installed Genshin. Anything I should know as a newbie going in?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/heikokuru1224/status/1652453727754911745?s=46&t=z3uF6wUvSqPNGhOasO9PNQ

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

StrixNebulosa posted:

OK I give in. I'm enjoying Star Rail so much I installed Genshin. Anything I should know as a newbie going in?

They aren't at all the same, outside of:

- aesthetic (except sci fi vs fantasy)
- gacha

Genshin has an absurd amount of theorycrafting for what amounts to a leaderboard that nobody looks at. Honkai Star Rail will likely be there soon!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

genshin is way way more about team comp than this game due to the elemental reaction system

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
is there a hotkey to swap team comps on the fly?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

jokes posted:

They aren't at all the same, outside of:

- aesthetic (except sci fi vs fantasy)
- gacha

Genshin has an absurd amount of theorycrafting for what amounts to a leaderboard that nobody looks at. Honkai Star Rail will likely be there soon!

Ah okay! Thank you. I'll hop over to that thread and poke around.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Told Dan Heng to get in the water and he told me "Fine." I'm glad he knows I think he's hot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

Yep

(Still haven’t pulled a single Tingyun)

I want that final Pela constellation, since Welt basically ensures enemies are almost always debuffed.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Revitalized posted:

is there a hotkey to swap team comps on the fly?

T by default.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I want that final Pela constellation, since Welt basically ensures enemies are almost always debuffed.

Pela also kinda just does that herself. It’s super easy to at least keep her Ice Res down on an enemy.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Is it worth levelling Sanpo for wind over Dan Heng?

His abilities seem more interesting and for whatever reason I actually like the character from the story so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sampo's very good, he can totally replace Dan Heng if you want him to. He even offers a little bit of AOE, unlike Dan, but due to his dots his single target damage is still pretty good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sim world 5 is rough, my only bar breaker got killed so my attempt was donezo but I was on the boss at least. the mind control and stacking damage buff really is hard to deal with. Guess I'll wait until I hit the next world level and can take my guys to 60.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One other thing I like about this is how 4* characters also get cool Ultimate animations (as opposed to Genshin where only the 5* get those).

Bussamove posted:

Pela also kinda just does that herself. It’s super easy to at least keep her Ice Res down on an enemy.

She does it with her skill on a single enemy, but against multiple I think she has to do her ult (which I think does a defense down or something).

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SerCypher posted:

His abilities seem more interesting and for whatever reason I actually like the character from the story so far.

Sampo can turn into a monster in Simulated Universe, with Nihility buffs pumping his DoT effects way up. That was one way I found to beat World 3 -- while damage can't penetrate Shield for All directly, the DoTs could and ate away the megashield in nothing flat in one run.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Holy poo poo.
Doing the Exp Calyx, and Himeko and Herta just "YOU WON'T GET AWAY" "Time to TWIRL" looped through five rounds of enemies in a row with nobody getting an actual turn.

loving crazy.

Also, I like that they apparently recorded "Time to TWIRL" twice and kept both. Once as a normal JRPG attack shout, once as though the fact that you were unaware that it is time to twirl is the single most annoying thing that has ever happened in the history of the universe.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Sim world 5 is rough, my only bar breaker got killed so my attempt was donezo but I was on the boss at least. the mind control and stacking damage buff really is hard to deal with. Guess I'll wait until I hit the next world level and can take my guys to 60.

Nat and m7 can dispel mind control before and after it sticks if you get their respective upgrades. Without that a high level team will still likely to just kill themselves in phase 3 unless u can cc her before than happens.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo my rear end was clenched the entirety of phase 3. Got the kill with my Preservation special right as the "hey this poo poo's about to enrage, gg" message popped up. :catstare:

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

SerCypher posted:

I made that switch and sanpo is much better imo. He’s good dps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i am actually impressed Auto Battle doesn't immediately blow Natasha's Ult and actually saves it

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meowywitch posted:

i am actually impressed Auto Battle doesn't immediately blow Natasha's Ult and actually saves it

I wish it was better about using Nat and M7's skills to cleanse, though.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

ultrachrist posted:

I made that switch and sanpo is much better imo. He’s good dps.

Would he be a better option over Welt or Dan for a Tingyun team? Not sure if her attack buff works on the dots.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Captain France posted:

Holy poo poo.
Doing the Exp Calyx, and Himeko and Herta just "YOU WON'T GET AWAY" "Time to TWIRL" looped through five rounds of enemies in a row with nobody getting an actual turn.

loving crazy.

Also, I like that they apparently recorded "Time to TWIRL" twice and kept both. Once as a normal JRPG attack shout, once as though the fact that you were unaware that it is time to twirl is the single most annoying thing that has ever happened in the history of the universe.

I like how she's way more excited when she gets to twirl more.

Also I got her to lv 30 and got two of her cone and now herta alone's probably enough to tear through that, just slamming a diamond into some bird things and then twirling her way through whatever survived.

I'm also pretty glad I noticed that serval and asta's 'aoe' are actually 'multiple hits, even if there's just one guy.' Means they'll tear through a single dude's shield, since the damage preview only reflects the shield damage of a single hit.

Serval in particular is way better now that I can upgrade her skills and stuff. She was super underwhelming at 20/20.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Captain France posted:

Bailu's basic attack usually just has a scream for the voice line, but a couple of times I've heard something like "watch, listen, KICK" and I really wish it happened more often so I could get the line right and be sure I didn't imagine it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I like how if you want to ascend a weapon or something and you don't have mats, you can click on it and go right to the synthesiser instead of having to schlep over to an alchemy bench like in Genshin

Boris Galerkin posted:

I think that one is about recruiting for a future closed-ish beta. I don't think it would ask you another two hours of questions right then if you said you were willing.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 1, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

He has a lot of weird poo poo going on from Honkai Impact 3rd, but the short version is yes he's very old but no it's not a mistake that he doesn't look it.

Even outside of out of game references, when you get to the second planet/region they make it extremely clear that trying to gauge a character's age by how they look is completely useless in this setting because there are just some races/species/people who are borderline immortal. Tingyun is several hundred years old at least, and Bailu(and all the other dragon people I guess) are functionally Age Infinity and they just go through repeated reincarnation cycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat, can't complain even if the def is kinda whatever.