Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

That is definitely what kids look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Looked up Pappa Roach and they formed in 1993. Adam-X definitely listened to Pappa Roach before they became big. He probably thinks they sold out.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

That’s just Saitama and Charlie Brown hanging out before their first round of chemo.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Behold, Behemoth #1

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

From Image 30 #11, art by Emi Lenox. It's not the most technically impressive but I LOVE the design on the cat horse and I'd 100% read a western book where all of the horses were replaced with giant cats.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Journey into Mystery #63 (1960)
Pencils & Inks: Steve Ditko
Colors: Stan Goldberg

Captain Action #3 (1969)
Pencils: Gil Kane
Inks: Wally Wood
Colors: ?

Captain Action #5 (1969)
Pencils: Gil Kane
Inks: Wally Wood

The Incredible Hulk #111 (1969)
Pencils: Herb Trimpe
Inks: Dan Adkins (credited)

Fantastic Four #130 (1973)
Pencils: John Buscema
Inks: Joe Sinnott
Colors: Petra Goldberg

The Fury of Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #36 (1985)
Pencils: Rafael Kayanan
Inks: Alan Kupperberg
Colors: Nansi Hoolahan

Baron Weirwulf's Haunted Library #52 (1980)
Pencils & Inks: Steve Ditko

Day of Judgment Secret Files & Origins #1 (1999)
Pencils: John McCrea
Inks: Andrew Chiu and John McCrea
Colors: Tom McCraw; Digital Chameleon (separations)

Batman and the Mad Monk #3 (2006)
Pencils & Inks: Matt Wagner
Colors: Dave Stewart

X-Club #5 (2012)
Pencils: Paul Davidson
Inks: ?
Colors: Rachelle Rosenberg

Cage! #2 (2017)
Pencils: ?
Inks: Stephen DeStefano
Colors: Bill Wray; Genndy Gartakovsky

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Last post really shows how much older art is ruined by the modern "clean" digital versions. The 1960s art needs the paper texture, the half-tone, the colour bleed. It is how it was designed to be seen, and makes it very much of its time. The bright flat colours on crisp white digital backgrounds really make classic comic art look like a modern amateur webcomic or something.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Savage Dragon 264 has a double page spread that mirrors an earlier spread from issue 194. As soon as I saw it I had to dig out my physical copies and compare them in real life.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Darthemed posted:

Cage! #2 (2017)
Pencils: ?
Inks: Stephen DeStefano
Colors: Bill Wray; Genndy Gartakovsky

? is Genndy Tartakovsky!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Terry Moore is so good :allears:

https://twitter.com/TerryMooreArt/status/1639073379071164420

his twitter is a good follow, he publishes about a sketch a day
e: pretty sure this is a WIP of a book cover though

another great one
https://twitter.com/TerryMooreArt/status/1639073267200794624

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 24, 2023

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

superLINUS posted:

? is Genndy Tartakovsky!

Holy crap the Samurai Jack guy. Does he do any comics? Just know his animation stuff

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
He usually doesn't do comics (though he did make some direct contributions to the old Dexter's Lab comics DC put out in the late 90s/early 00s), but he did get to do that Luke Cage miniseries; meanwhile both inker Stephen DeStefano and colorist Bill Wray are people who have worked in both comics and animation (animation fans would likely recognize both for having worked on Ren & Stimpy way back in the day, and they also frequently pop up on Genndy and Genndy-adjacent projects)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'm old enough to still associate Stephen DeStefano primarily with 'Mazing Man.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I happened upon Wonder Man: My Fair Super Hero which is a fine premise (hero tries to rehabilitate villain) and I don't hate the art overall, but drat the calves on these women:

Pencils by Todd Nauck.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The needle point ankles are a choice. Makes me think a bit of Scud.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Also he’s using sausage links as a weapon and that’s pretty awesome.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

goatface posted:

The needle point ankles are a choice. Makes me think a bit of Scud.

I was gonna say, it's not the calves but the ankles that stand out to me, because I don't know how they're able to stand at all without their ankles snapping like a twig.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Art aside, strangling a pedophile rapist doesn't seem worse than selling a kid into sex slavery

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That also struck me as a bizarre thing to say. I mean, maybe "good for her" would've been inappropriate, but

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Killing people are also traumatizing:eng101:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can we update the crime to include terrible dialogue?

"She let out an enraged scream. It was pure and primal, like something cavemen must have heard from the throats of beasts crouched in the jungle, just beyond the firelight"

The gently caress is this sentence :laffo:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

"She let out an enraged scream. It was pure and primal, like something cavemen must have heard from the throats of beasts crouched in the jungle, just beyond the firelight"

Great, now I want a Sin City-esque noir comic about cavemen

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

To be fair it's the internal dialogue of Wonder Man who is being presented as a pretentious actor.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

thiccabod posted:

"Forget it, Thok. It 'Town'."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

thiccabod posted:

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Next panel: Barney throws a firecracker, triggering Fred’s PTSD long enough to steal his Fruity Pebbles.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
some giant prehistoric ant on a leash squirting acid over a mass grave before its filled in with dirt

looks at camera

its a living

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is a pretty awesome find.

https://twitter.com/CoolComicArt/status/1478595452014448641?t=tWsuPXhE3BJ8z6WGlque1Q&s=19

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm not normally a "let's make fun of cheesecake" kind of person. I myself enjoy a good slice of cheesecake in comics sometimes. J Scott Campbell is just getting absolutely lazy as poo poo at this point.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1653135400624332840

Also which way is Black Cat's right leg pointing? It's like an Escher drawing in that area.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RevKrule posted:

I'm not normally a "let's make fun of cheesecake" kind of person. I myself enjoy a good slice of cheesecake in comics sometimes. J Scott Campbell is just getting absolutely lazy as poo poo at this point.

Also which way is Black Cat's right leg pointing? It's like an Escher drawing in that area.

Forget her boobs, what’s going on with her skirt?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

j scott campbell's entire career has been based around his ability to draw sexy women and i don't know if he's ever actually been good at it

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I remember appreciating Danger Girl when I was like, under 10 years-old and didn't even know what a boob looked like.

If you're getting horny from his drawings and you're past puberty... hate on me as hard as you want but I'm saying this as a friend-- that's some maladjusted poo poo.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jeff Lemire would do quick sketches inside trades of his books. I have a few of those. Tim Sale even did a quick Batman sketch in a trade for Long Halloween that the library I work at has.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

thetoughestbean posted:

Forget her boobs, what’s going on with her skirt?

a radical reinterpretation of the concept of pleating.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Madkal posted:

Jeff Lemire would do quick sketches inside trades of his books. I have a few of those. Tim Sale even did a quick Batman sketch in a trade for Long Halloween that the library I work at has.

Kevin Eastman signs most of the stuff he signs with a little sketch of a turtle's face

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Discendo Vox posted:

a radical reinterpretation of the concept of pleating.

It looks like it's made out of scaled paint swatches. It's eerie.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It looks like she wrapped herself in a handful of super-short "skirts" and belted them in place so they would just about cover her underwear.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

RevKrule posted:

This has to be someone typing in "J Scott Campbell style Mary Jane, Black Cat and Gwen Stacy" into an AI.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is she wearing half a jacket? Or a one sleeved jacket? Was having two power shoulders just too much responsibility so she ripped one off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Catastrophically Horney is a great phrase