Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

would howard be a teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Quatre and all 26 of his siblings form their own house because having them all in one existing house would create a power imbalance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cat House.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Dorothy showing up with her own Couch, made of solid gold.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wing would be great but also which version of Char do we want to interact with Prospers in SRW. Cause all would be amazing but in different ways

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ninjewtsu posted:

I want to hear treize and prospera have a conversation on literally any topic

Imagine them arguing which is the greater mobile suit: Epyon, which lets the pilot see the future, or Aerial, which is literally a child.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Considering their similar themes, I think G-Witch would actually kinda gel well with NT.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
When we say NT are we talking Narrative?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I want to hear treize and prospera have a conversation on literally any topic

Treize: her feelings for me have caused her to develop a split personality

Prospers: nice

T: what?

P: what?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
At least for it's first go in SRW I think it would be better if no early UC series were included alongside Witch From Mercury and indeed probably should only have one or two other Gundam series besides it on the roster, keep things tight and focused

My choices for what those would be would probably be G Gundam and either F-91 or Crossbone, the former because it also follows a "Colonies dominant over Earth" status quo, while for either of the latter two the Federation is for the most part out of the way enough that it won't get in the way like it would for something like most of the Early UC shows would(and yes I know in a real SRW they wouldn't probably give a poo poo and just mash together whatever they want but it's more interesting as a fan to try and actually put effort in to one's hypothetical musings)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, the Orbital Ring and the Benerit Group would work very well together since they're both rich assholes in space

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Red haired pilot with anxiety issues and a mobile suit powered by a forsaken child?

Eh close enough.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Arc Hammer posted:

Red haired pilot with anxiety issues and a mobile suit powered by a forsaken child?

Eh close enough.

Technically Aerial is the opposite of being powered by a forsaken child, Eri is very much not forsaken and her mother loves her very much

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

honestly the interaction I wanna see isnt even another gundam series, I wanna see Suletta and Rei Ayanami deal with each other's business.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Well Manicured Man posted:

Technically Aerial is the opposite of being powered by a forsaken child, Eri is very much not forsaken and her mother loves her very much

Also technically, Rita was 23 when she climbed into the Phenex for the first time and then never came out, so she's a forsaken adult instead of a forsaken child. :v:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Dynamite Dog posted:

Treize: her feelings for me have caused her to develop a split personality

Prospers: nice

T: what?

P: what?

i don't like this because i don't think treize has ever been surprised by anything in his entire life, least of all someone praising him/agreeing with him

also the eri=aerial reveal was like 2 episodes ago i don't think we still need to spoil it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chuchu pilot a Getter

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waffleman_ posted:

Chuchu pilot a Getter
Give Chuchu Mazinkaiser

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

ChuChu and Nika pilot Gunbuster.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

honestly the interaction I wanna see isnt even another gundam series, I wanna see Suletta and Rei Ayanami deal with each other's business.

The irony is that Suletta seems relatively normal, but she's basically a puppet. Meanwhile, Rei is weird and unsure how her own emotions even work, but she's got a much stronger sense of self and her own will. She'll die for Gendo because she thinks that the math works out best. Gendo is a person worthy of her love, so dying for his sake would be a good way to go. When Gendo makes her revise her estimates, she stops valuing him so much, and gives control of things to Shinji instead.

Suletta, as seen this episode, just assumes her mother knows best, even if it meant murdering everyone she cared about.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This is the Gundam thread not the G Witch Thread

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I would put actual money on them having a lot of moving parts for it ready to go and they're just running the clock out until Tomino dies so he doesn't say a bunch of outta pocket stuff about it in interviews.

Except there's a problem with making a full series remake, and it's the same thing that makes Gundam financially successful in the first place.

Model kits.

The designs from the original (and the Origin versions) are still top sellers to this day. Bandai makes a Perfect Grade of grandpa for hundreds of dollars, it doesn't stay on the shelf.

In other words, they wouldn't be able to sell more Gunpla by making an Origin full anime, but they'd have to spend more than for a standard anime because people would have higher expectations for a remake of a cultural institution.

Meanwhile, a new show means new designs getting a big boost right out of the gate, and if any of them really catch on (like Barbatos or Aerial) then you can sell those as evergreens right alongside whatever even newer designs you release and the original series models.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gaius Marius posted:

You can't fight in here this is the war room!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

chiasaur11 posted:

In other words, they wouldn't be able to sell more Gunpla by making an Origin full anime

Genuinely the funniest thing anyone has posted in this thread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gaius Marius posted:

What does the G in G Witch stand for?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Bet there's some Bandai sales exec out there absolutely drooling at the prospect of a full line of modernised redesigns of Mobile Suit Gundam's mecha roster.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Goat.

Also Mobile Suit Goat drat: Cucuruz Goatman's island.

I dont know I just find it amusing that two out of three most recent Gundam works have featured goats.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Darth Walrus posted:

Bet there's some Bandai sales exec out there absolutely drooling at the prospect of a full line of modernised redesigns of Mobile Suit Gundam's mecha roster.

I bet there's also another absolutely making GBS threads his pants in dread at the thought of cutting off the main appeal of the original show, and replacing it in the cultural milieu with a line of updated designs that doesn't actually take off and it tanks the brand because of it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tsob posted:

I bet there's also another absolutely making GBS threads his pants in dread at the thought of cutting off the main appeal of the original show, and replacing it in the cultural milieu with a line of updated designs that doesn't actually take off and it tanks the brand because of it.

Ah, but they can still sell both versions. Just consider the TV series and Endless Waltz versions of the Wing designs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Arc Hammer posted:

Goat.

Also Mobile Suit Goat drat: Cucuruz Goatman's island.

I dont know I just find it amusing that two out of three most recent Gundam works have featured goats.

Gundam has just realized that the next step in mecha anime is goats. Soon, soon we'll have the Goat Gundam. It is a matter of time.

And then we'll have the inevitable crossover where Goat and Fuunsaiki get to be friends as animals that pilot Gundams.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

tsob posted:

Wait you think a horrible cash grab of a series capitalizing off of previous Gundam fame will tank the brand?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Gundam has just realized that the next step in mecha anime is goats. Soon, soon we'll have the Goat Gundam. It is a matter of time.

And then we'll have the inevitable crossover where Goat and Fuunsaiki get to be friends as animals that pilot Gundams.

A Gundam with Ram's horns in place of a V Fin would be pretty cool, ngl.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They already did a show that had updated UC designs sold as separate kits it was called Seed

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

They already did a show that had updated UC designs sold as separate kits it was called Seed

And that was twenty years ago. You think they aren't going to revisit that well?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean considering Gunpla was like the one aspect where Seed was actually not that successful

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Darth Walrus posted:

And that was twenty years ago. You think they aren't going to revisit that well?

I believe the Seed movie will actually happen.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

What does the g in """reconguista in g""" stand for?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ninjewtsu posted:

What does the g in """reconguista in g""" stand for?

Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

recongundamista