Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I have 60 fps in most areas already except running around outside Rambler's Reach or big open areas with lots of enemies but I personally noticed a significant improvement. It's still not quite 60 but it's still a lot better. I bumped my settings up from medium to high.

nice to know the patch does something

before, i was getting a very unstable ~50fps but it also kept dropping to about ~30fps after half an hour and then it would crater to 2fps, forcing a game restart to fix the issue

if i can get a stable 40-50 fps, i would be able to play the game. A rock solid 60fps would make me a happy gamer, but lets not get too optimistic here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I have 60 fps in most areas already except running around outside Rambler's Reach or big open areas with lots of enemies but I personally noticed a significant improvement. It's still not quite 60 but it's still a lot better. I bumped my settings up from medium to high.

Excited to see the console patch tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Ubisoft better be taking notes on this game because they are also developing an open world Star Wars game and I can bet it's not half as good as Survivor (technical issues aside).

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ubisoft better be taking notes on this game because they are also developing an open world Star Wars game and I can bet it's not half as good as Survivor (technical issues aside).

It's going to be the most depressing thing when they show it off and it's just every single Ubisoft open world game

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Alchenar posted:

It's going to be the most depressing thing when they show it off and it's just every single Ubisoft open world game

open world third person shooter with levelled loot and crafting but star wars

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It’s gonna be The Division, but Star Wars.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I would play the hell out of a half decent star wars extraction shooter tbh

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

ZeeBoi posted:

Would play the poo poo out of this tbqh.

Edit: lol beaten.

Piekuuns
May 15, 2009

RisqueBarber posted:

I had to completely re-install.

Aaaaand it worked for me after reinstall, thanks!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ZeeBoi posted:

It’s going to be Avatar but Star Wars. Problem is we know poo poo all about Avatar.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

For NG+ I’ve decided to try and use the stances I didn’t use much before, which is mostly dual wield. Will take some getting used to. Lot of force stuff I didn’t use much either so maybe I can figure a good combination out.

One thing I've been having to get used to with dual wield is that I frequently unintentionally use the "jump backwards" move (I think the first one you unlock in its tree). Holding LB while attacking does it, so I frequently mistakenly do it while attempting to parry.

It's a very good evasive move, at least.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It’s going to be Avatar but Star Wars. Problem is we know poo poo all about Avatar.

lol wasn't that supposed to come out before the second movie?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

open world third person shooter with levelled loot and crafting but star wars

Also watch it be in one of the trash time lines like Sequel Trilogy.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

There's a long line of Star Wars games that work because they marry solid-if-uninspiring mechanics with the feeling of Star Wars. The problem with Massive Entertainment is that we'll get solid-if-uninspiring and then it'll look like Star Wars and it'll sound like Star Wars but it absolutely won't feel like Star Wars.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hulk Krogan posted:

Would play the poo poo out of this tbqh.

Edit: lol beaten.

i know we're posting in the EA Star Wars Games thread, but good lord, have some self-respect

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The Division 1 and 2 were both a lot of fun and would lend themselves well to essentially being reskinned with laser guns and spider droids and what not.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cal just standing there slackjawed at Merrin's new tricks, as if he's not a historical level force adept who has the power to return untold numbers of beings from the afterlife by the mere act of sitting down to relax. C'mon buddy, give yourself some credit :rolleyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am getting a new PC this week :toot: and its CPU is an AMD 7800x3D, supposedly that should include a copy of Jedi Survivor? Its part of a deal that AMD has with Respawn on this game. Looking forward to very powerful new computer that will have worse performance than the PS5 version.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Jerkface posted:

Finally started playing and its great, but I'm running this on an intel 12k with a 4090 and 32 gb of ram and I'm getting 50 FPS at not even 4k resolution lol Really hope they can fix whatever is bottlenecking this poo poo.

Patch was the nuts - getting 100+ FPS consistently across most areas :toot:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The frames unleashed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jerkface posted:

This is really great to see!

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
I have a 2070 super and a Ryzen 3600 and the game is running much better now, still a little stuttery in certain areas but overall a much better experience

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

More like 'Do it for ZIM' right?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Jerkface posted:

That's awesome. The download zipped by, but the actual patching is running at a snails pace for some reason. Like, just a few hundred KB/s at any given time and it's installed on an SSD. Looking forward to seeing how it looks for me when it's done though!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

patch report: its playable, but still kinda rough

able to get a consistent 50fps, but it lags a bunch and feels closer to 30fps unless im in a cave, then its basically 60fps and feels nice

graphics options now have an effect on performance, so I was able to get it to this state. Might be able to squeeze some more frames if i drop a few more things, but I do want to avoid the blurry mess it becomes when i put everything to low

cutscenes look mostly nice now and run at 60fps, but theres some texture pop-in that can undercut important moments

So yeah, still playable overall, but it needs some work. Was able to beat the rancor tho, that was a fun fight

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

beefart posted:

Just finished the (spoilers for return to Jedha) pilgrim’s sanctuary and monster fuckoff excavation machine fight while Merrin flings you around with magick portals. Holy poo poo that entire sequence was nuts :psyduck:

This was just a phenomenal set piece, I loved it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really kind of wish in retrospect they'd just have gone full wild and made Fallen Order some kind of alt-universe. Cal in Survivor feels a lot more universe-breaking than he was in the first game because at the opening (which is about 9 years before Star Wars) the dude is a most-wanted Jedi terrorist who is pulling off missions about five blocks away from the Emperor's seat of power and canonically has wrecked the poo poo of more Stormtroopers than the entire cast of the original series combined. (Acknowledged even in plot, not just gameplay.)

But I guess that is just an extension of the whole "20 years is a really short time period for the Empire to exist" problem the prequels introduced.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I really kind of wish in retrospect they'd just have gone full wild and made Fallen Order some kind of alt-universe. Cal in Survivor feels a lot more universe-breaking than he was in the first game because at the opening (which is about 9 years before Star Wars) the dude is a most-wanted Jedi terrorist who is pulling off missions about five blocks away from the Emperor's seat of power and canonically has wrecked the poo poo of more Stormtroopers than the entire cast of the original series combined. (Acknowledged even in plot, not just gameplay.)

But I guess that is just an extension of the whole "20 years is a really short time period for the Empire to exist" problem the prequels introduced.

I mean Cere very nearly killed darth vader

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ImpAtom posted:

This isn't really a new problem though, Kyle Katarn had shot and punched to death hundreds of stormtroopers before he ever even became a Jedi. Video games!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Thumbtacks posted:

I mean Cere very nearly killed darth vader

She's not the first and not the last to do that. Plus she's dead now... so you know, no harm no foul on her power level.

I really like that Cal is a most wanted Jedi terrorist at the start. Also (final act of the game I assume) as the story unfolds (I'm not at the end) and Bode does his thing, maybe you were given some scope to be a pest for reasons? guess it depends on Bode's true explanation for his behaviour at the end of the game.

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 2, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I just got to *that* bit. With Cere.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Was yelling “RUN RUN loving RUN loving RUN” at the TV like a lunatic after she brought down the Archive on him. Aw man but at least she went out like an absolute boss (was on my last sliver of health too when I got that last hit on him).

Anyway, cripes.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Finished Coruscant— the bit where Cal leaps up to the gunship cockpit and wrenches the control stick with the Force was a helluva cool callback to when the inquisitor did the exact same to him at the beginning of Fallen Order.

Trying to fight a Jedi has got to be loving terrifying :stare:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

I just got to *that* bit. With Cere.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Was yelling “RUN RUN loving RUN loving RUN” at the TV like a lunatic after she brought down the Archive on him. Aw man but at least she went out like an absolute boss (was on my last sliver of health too when I got that last hit on him).

Anyway, cripes.

This was where I had to drop the game at midnight last night. Can't wait to get home and see what happens next. I legit thought I was near the end of the game then it drops the bombs on you.

I actually spoiled myself slightly on there being a traitor, but there always is and Bode was suspect as gently caress before I found out. so when he was bad I went ah yeah saw this coming whatever... Then he whipped out the lightsaber lol

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

JBP posted:

This was where I had to drop the game at midnight last night. Can't wait to get home and see what happens next. I legit thought I was near the end of the game then it drops the bombs on you.

I actually spoiled myself slightly on there being a traitor, but there always is and Bode was suspect as gently caress before I found out. so when he was bad I went ah yeah saw this coming whatever... Then he whipped out the lightsaber lol

On NG+ you can notice it super early, I thought his facial animations were kinda weird on first playthrough but looking at it and realizing he's upset about it the entire time and steeling himself for all the bullshit actually works really well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

JBP posted:

Same here. Though what did people find suspicious about Bode? I didn’t notice anything. I thought he was gonna get shanked during the Lucrehulk part honestly.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I was bracing myself for obviously evil one-armed dude's lightsaber to ignite and be red, relaxed when it didn't, only for him to pull the double fake-out and turn the crystal red mid-rant.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bloody Pom posted:

I was bracing myself for obviously evil one-armed dude's lightsaber to ignite and be red, relaxed when it didn't, only for him to pull the double fake-out and turn the crystal red mid-rant.

Definitely the most hilariously dumb part of the story

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Performance seems better with the patch, though still kinda shaky. My overall FPS sticks around 60 (which would probably be higher if I had it uncapped), but the 99% is like 20-30.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Finished Coruscant— the bit where Cal leaps up to the gunship cockpit and wrenches the control stick with the Force was a helluva cool callback to when the inquisitor did the exact same to him at the beginning of Fallen Order.

Trying to fight a Jedi has got to be loving terrifying :stare:

I like how he pretty casually beats the Ninth Sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

RatHat posted:

Definitely the most hilariously dumb part of the story

there's a nerd emote but i'm too lazy to find it

this is the first time bleeding a crystal has actually been seen, it happens it lore fairly frequently but it also usually fucks up whoever does it. nerds were happy with that