Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Releasing on Epic first is good actually, because it gives the devs some extra months to polish the game for the real release.
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I absolutely couldn't keep up with the chat thread last month so I'm just gonna read the last page and post, not try and read everything.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I looked up one of the games in the op that I didn't know what it was, star trek resurgence, which is apparently a star trek adventure game from a team of former telltale people. that is also, an epic exclusive

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

just kinda randomly but especially when you log in, characters in star rail can send you text messages and they're all, really funny casual looks into these peoples lives which is always fun in a jrpg imo. kinda like PAs in star ocean and tales games. but its especially funny because, your crew is apparently just rolling up on these primitive planets and handing out smartphones to everyone, so no one from the medieval ice planet really know how to text and are just figuring things out

I started playing The Caligula Effect 2 yesterday and it has texting with your party members too + I found it charming that sasara signs all her texts but i am also choosing to interpret it as a hint that in the real world she's an old lady (obv it takes place in a fake world called redo created by the music of virtuadoll 'regret' where people can live as their idealised selves)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Volte posted:

:lol: at the idea of someone who has no idea what LODs are encountering this bug and it just looks like all the modelling was done by a child for no apparent reason.

It's "pre-alpha" in the sense that they may think that game art is made as melty-looking piles of polygons with textures that inexplicably bleed forms together and artists spend the post-alpha stage whittling the sharp edges off.

Chasiubao posted:

I absolutely couldn't keep up with the chat thread last month so I'm just gonna read the last page and post, not try and read everything.

Yeah, I think some month among the past 4 or so was when I finally reached this point. Just can't keep up anymore.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's like how Michaelangelo says that David was always in the block of marble and all he did was bring it out

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Or when Rockstar made a metal nut bolt round

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's like how Michaelangelo says that David was always in the block of marble and all he did was bring it out

Yeah, but you shoulda seen it when Michelangelo pushed out a pre-alpha "David" to make it in time for the holidays.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The next time someone shipped the wrong LOD art they just called it cubism

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/Fuck_off_Matt/status/1653110808220426251?t=oHt-K0xMic1DJmdWxKzS4w&s=19

Stealth

What are those sound effects are vampires made of paint cans

making the AI from dark corners of the earth look like geniuses

rox
Sep 7, 2016

homeless snail posted:

like you dont own a pair of heelys

i wish i did, i can only envision them in my mind:(

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The texts/group texts in Tokyo Mirage Sessions were also pretty great.

Between ff14, genshin impact, tears of the kingdom, and a backlog best described as 'oops all jrpgs' I have no business getting honkai star rail no matter how good y'all make it sound.

... There a release window for the playstation version?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I started playing The Caligula Effect 2 yesterday and it has texting with your party members too + I found it charming that sasara signs all her texts but i am also choosing to interpret it as a hint that in the real world she's an old lady (obv it takes place in a fake world called redo created by the music of virtuadoll 'regret' where people can live as their idealised selves)

The prompts you can get for texting is legit one of the best things about that game and I hope the eventual Persona 6 rips it off.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is she signing her texts? :sever:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Finally made some real progress in Riven and got hit with a small mountain of exposition and puzzle hints. Got access to a new island where it seems I can't do anything yet. Unsure what to do now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if there was any game that I could have all my memories of surgically removed, it'd be Riven

I never actually solved it myself; as a kid we had the official guide which came with a novelization of the game and I read through that and it had all the answers. For that reason I end up having fonder memories of Myst III and IV, just because I did them myself

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I feel like 8-12 hours of "unsure of what to do now" is the entire value proposition of the genre

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

haveblue posted:

I feel like 8-12 hours of "unsure of what to do now" is the entire value proposition of the genre

Yeah it rules

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

It's exactly the song you think is going to play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmWiK5tnJg

:allears:

Why is Kratos in this

First time I've heard that song not mashed up with the JoJo ost or something for ages lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's time to ban putting overplayed pop music in trailers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The most recent time I've heard that song was in this video that convinced me to buy kerbal space program

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looper posted:

it's time to ban every song other than Space Jam

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Every movie should open with its own hit pop song imo

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

stev posted:

Every movie should open with its own hit pop song imo

Like the reverse Will Smith rule, where every movie ends with a rap song recapping the plot of the movie you just watched.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeEmoIO-Iok

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

it's time to ban putting overplayed pop music in trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkVYSU-yAU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/PMS_Jordan/status/1653002991085993984

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Redfall was that incredibly mediocre looking vampire shooter game right

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macaluso posted:

Yes, it was the studio famous for being very good at immersive sims making a squad shooter for some reason

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All the characters had a How Do You Do Fellow Kids vibe to them

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Macaluso posted:

Vampyr?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

God that game sucked

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Macaluso posted:

God that game sucked

:rimshot:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

ChickenMedium posted:

Like the reverse Will Smith rule, where every movie ends with a rap song recapping the plot of the movie you just watched.

this + the rest of the credits are inexplicably romantic pop songs even though the movie wasn't a romance at all

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

It's that book series about mice living in an abbey.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

No see I would be hype for that

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is the first thing I thought of when I read the name. I never read those books but I heard they were good and the author isn't.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macaluso posted:

No see I would be hype for that

The Moss games for PSVR are the closest we'll ever get, probably

Walla posted:

This is the first thing I thought of when I read the name. I never read those books but I heard they were good and the author isn't.

They're good for kids if you don't mind a little essentialism, like most classic fantasy. No idea if the author ever did or said anything bad, wikipedia has nothing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

may thy game chip and shatter

VVVVVV :ibadpop:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester