Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

dont sleep on QQ guys she's cute and strong

probably pales to the Seelehavers tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

my team has been clara / m7 / natasha / tingyun and i feel so powerful, follow-up attacks constantly with svarog's laser just blowing everybody up. feels bad having to see a little girl cry all the time, but that's a small price to pay

if i could get bailu to replace natasha i feel like i'd be sitting pretty, but it's not really necessary for now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

m.hache posted:

Would he be a better option over Welt or Dan for a Tingyun team? Not sure if her attack buff works on the dots.
Swap Dan out for him, yes, the buffs work on the DOTs if Sampo has the buffs on when he applies them.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

Swap Dan out for him, yes, the buffs work on the DOTs if Sampo has the buffs on when he applies them.

Cool. MC, Sampo, Natasha and Ting. Let's see how this runs.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

finally managed to power through World 3 by just going all-in on Shielding and Shielding accessories like some kind of Space Hank Hill

feels good

god World 4 is a joke though..I guess World 3 is meant to be "the wall' that makes you interact with the roguelite, consistent progression element of it all - but holy smokes did they ever overtune it

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Excelzior posted:

finally managed to power through World 3 by just going all-in on Shielding and Shielding accessories like some kind of Space Hank Hill

feels good

god World 4 is a joke though..I guess World 3 is meant to be "the wall' that makes you interact with the roguelite, consistent progression element of it all - but holy smokes did they ever overtune it

Yeah, the thing that makes both of those easy is The Hunt resonance with the powerup that refunds charge on kill, and just using that to nuke the adds. But you have to buy those abilities in the progression system.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I don't really have a consistent team, other than always having a shielder.

The only healer I have is Natasha, but I haven't actually reached a point where I feel the need to have her leveled up. Except maybe the final guy of World 3.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

A bunch of my friends are caving and getting into Diablo 4 after all, but this game gave me Blizzard Immunity.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Xalidur posted:

A bunch of my friends are caving and getting into Diablo 4 after all, but this game gave me Blizzard Immunity.

:rimshot:

I'm at the stage where I want to level and use everyone.... but that's right before the point where it's actually going to cost some significant investment to keep all the characters I want to play leveled and traced.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Beat world 3 on the second try, first time I lost to one of the shield guys who summons a bunch of dudes since I didn't have good single target dps to take down the little guys quickly. Got lucky on the second run and didn't hit that guy.

I have level 40 characters with level 40 cores, and a little bit of relic upgrading and skill upgrading. The someone dies then doesn't, put them at 1% hp and the all damage is shared by the party, with the upgrade to reduce it by 15% as well are the main preservation blessings that let me pull it off. Sushang, Natasha, March, and Bronya for the team, though Bronya didn't really contribute much. Had some other blessing for more survivability and hunt blessings for damage helping out my Sushang.

Remember to level your hat relics for the hp, characters not getting one shot has been very, very important for surviving combat.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Some ill-advised pulling got me 2 copies of ice sword boy (1 from standard, 1 from limited) so now I think I'm obligated to build him as a 5* with consteidolons. All I really wanted was clara. Only having a single non-5* healer feels a bit weird too, since it basically means I'll have to shove both shielding units into a second team to handle incoming damage.

Suggestions on effective teamcomps with this roster? I have mostly been running with fireMC/bronya/natasha/serval thus far. Just made it to space china and the enemies who res are annoying to deal with. It's starting to take more than ~1.5 rounds to wipe normal encounters too, so it feels like its time for a team switchup.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'd probably just run Fire MC/Bronya/Natasha/Yanqing?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Leraika posted:

:rimshot:

I'm at the stage where I want to level and use everyone.... but that's right before the point where it's actually going to cost some significant investment to keep all the characters I want to play leveled and traced.

tbh i'm also here, despite being really happy with my main team. there's just so many fun pals and i love them!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
e4 hook is a legend and you're close there, but I would say you're basically running three supports so the issue is serval and you need more dps

or one less support

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

sushibandit posted:

Some ill-advised pulling got me 2 copies of ice sword boy (1 from standard, 1 from limited) so now I think I'm obligated to build him as a 5* with consteidolons. All I really wanted was clara. Only having a single non-5* healer feels a bit weird too, since it basically means I'll have to shove both shielding units into a second team to handle incoming damage.

Suggestions on effective teamcomps with this roster? I have mostly been running with fireMC/bronya/natasha/serval thus far. Just made it to space china and the enemies who res are annoying to deal with. It's starting to take more than ~1.5 rounds to wipe normal encounters too, so it feels like its time for a team switchup.

Endorph posted:

I'd probably just run Fire MC/Bronya/Natasha/Yanqing?

This would prolly be pretty excellent. If you'd rather save Bronya for a Team B though Tingyun would also work real well to further boost Yanqing's damage output.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Falling into despair everytime someone posts their roster cuz I've only got 11 characters, except one of them's that nerd with the dog that I'm never gonna use so I've actually only got 10. All I get are dupes and cones and dupes and cones and dupes and cones [beatboxing]. The gacha brainworms are surely working their dark magic...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh poo poo I pulled Sampo with my Trailblazer 35 passes. :toot:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The only characters I like:
- March 7th
- MC
- Arlan

The characters I actively dislike:
- Herta
- Welt

Characterization aside, I like using almost every single character-- they all have and do dope poo poo. It's a very strange place to be!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It was mentioned earlier that every unit gets a cool, dope ultimate animation in this game and that really does make a huge game feel difference I think. It's super nice that it's not only 5*s that get to be over the top. Heck Dan Heng has one of the dopest ult animations and he's a freebie story 4* unit!

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

Sampo can turn into a monster in Simulated Universe, with Nihility buffs pumping his DoT effects way up. That was one way I found to beat World 3 -- while damage can't penetrate Shield for All directly, the DoTs could and ate away the megashield in nothing flat in one run.

Sounds like its koski time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There we go. Jeeze. I stubbornly refused to swap out for Nat for the debuff and instead just stacked disillusion and freeze blessings and even then the last few turns were 3 of my party mind controlled and only won due to the big freeze damage nuke from disillusion at the end of their turn.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kafka definitely smokes weed

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

I love the stepping puzzles and repair puzzles in this way more than Genshin’s shoot things/light things up in a certain order puzzles

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Or genshins 1000 invisible chests that you just have to spam special in random spot

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
The roguelike really depends on your blessing/curio rng, and can make or break your run. My success on world 5 came right after a failure when I changed up my blessing alignment.

World 6 seems rough though at equilibrium 2. Might have to wait for that one.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What is stopping me from starting a Simulated World run and picking the 50 token -> curio option to hopefully buy a curio I haven't collected, and then immediately quitting the run to collect my 30 jade currencies? I need a few hundred jades to finish off this 10-pull...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

acumen posted:

The roguelike really depends on your blessing/curio rng, and can make or break your run. My success on world 5 came right after a failure when I changed up my blessing alignment.

World 6 seems rough though at equilibrium 2. Might have to wait for that one.

I was completely flabbergasted at people talking about how easy they found world 4. The boss there is absolutely murderous unless you have some pretty intense DPS, with his last phase seemingly 100% designed to punish turtle strats. First time I went in to him with a mediocre blessing build I got absolutely flattened, and second time I squeaked by narrowly because he decided to grab Bailu 3 times in a row and completely lock out my healing for the entirety of phase 3.

God tier blessing synergy makes things very easy, and mediocre/bad blessings makes things borderline impossible.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Yessssss. YOLOed on standard banner and got Time Waits For No One, which is basically my Bailu's dream cone.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kanos posted:

I was completely flabbergasted at people talking about how easy they found world 4. The boss there is absolutely murderous unless you have some pretty intense DPS, with his last phase seemingly 100% designed to punish turtle strats. First time I went in to him with a mediocre blessing build I got absolutely flattened, and second time I squeaked by narrowly because he decided to grab Bailu 3 times in a row and completely lock out my healing for the entirety of phase 3.

God tier blessing synergy makes things very easy, and mediocre/bad blessings makes things borderline impossible.

Full preservation + Fire Trailblazer/Serval/Dan Heng/Nat was easy as hell IME. :shrug:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kanos posted:

Serval + Fire MC + Nihility tree made easy work of it. If you get the blessing that prevents DoTs from falling off, you pretty much auto win because stacks are preserved between phase transitions. By turn two you'll likely have 99 stacks and every time he takes a turn he'll lose like 25% of his hp, likewise for all the adds that get summoned.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This is amazing. You can get a bad end at the beginning of the game if you decline Himeko’s offer

https://youtu.be/SVITTCc_WUA

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hell yes I finally got Seele 30~ rolls after hitting pity and getting Bronya

now they can be together

e: oh god I have no good Light Cones for her

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 2, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Is there some way to permanently dismiss the Windows 11 nag message telling you to turn on kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection? I can't do that because the one time I tried it it made Hoyo's shady-rear end anti-cheat tool just bluescreen the system.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
People talked about the freeze blessings build being good in the Simulated Universe, but I didn't realize that Disassociation seemingly does %max HP damage. So it stunlocks AND the blessing that allows you to remove Disassociation when attacking can do 20% of a boss's HP bar.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I wish there was an ultra speed mode for auto

c'mon autofarm just auto complete

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

got Gepard's 5* light cone from the standard banner

:getin: all of the Shields, yes please

:laffo: 20k aoe Path of Preservation

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

After having Dan Heng, fire Mc, nay and March on my team, I can say that I am witness to a healer and shielded beating an echo of war stage.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kyrosiris posted:

Full preservation + Fire Trailblazer/Serval/Dan Heng/Nat was easy as hell IME. :shrug:

With level 50 Fire MC/Bailu/Himeko/Tingyun with all +6 to +9 purple gear the hand grabs in phase 3 were hitting level 50 characters for around 1000 damage alongside the disable, and if a hand got to live long enough its self destruct slam would hit people for about 2k, and he was summoning a new hand every turn. :haw:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Meowywitch posted:

Hell yes I finally got Seele 30~ rolls after hitting pity and getting Bronya

now they can be together

e: oh god I have no good Light Cones for her

You get a freebie lightcone from the 3rd world's currency shop that makes Harmony characters give an attack boost to whoever goes after them; seems like that works well with Bronya.

Edit: Oops you meant a lightcone for Seele, nevermind.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Welp, got the healer 5* lightcone from a random standard banner single pull just now. Guess I don't have to care about which one to slap on any other healers that come out moving forward.