Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

terminally online people are extremely mad at AI because they think they were going to get rich making art and those loving AI CHUDS have stolen it from them, and the wagons have circled

I'm reminded of that one poll of indie devs on Steam who wanted both "more curation" and "better discoverability".

The fact is digital distribution and social media made the indie creative scene waaaaaay more crowded and competitive even without asset flips and ai added in, but nobody wants to admit that so blame the easy scapegoats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

terminally online people are extremely mad at AI because they think they were going to get rich making art and those loving AI CHUDS have stolen it from them, and the wagons have circled

Jokes on them I'm going to get rich making art but with AI :c00l:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
supply and demand sez: no lol

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tree Reformat posted:

I'm reminded of that one poll of indie devs on Steam who wanted both "more curation" and "better discoverability".

Those aren't exactly fully opposed - adding a hundred thousand of lovely half-assed games (including asset flips) would have worse curation and worse discoverability (for the games people actually want to play), while removing shitgames would improve both of those categories.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

no comment

pixaal fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 2, 2023

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Got some claymation adventure mice.

Max Mouser - A skilled pilot who can fly the ship through the most treacherous asteroid fields and space debris with ease.

Mortimer "Morty" Whiskerfield - The ship's chief engineer, responsible for the maintenance and repair of all systems on board.

Penelope Pulsar - a spunky and quick-witted mouse who serves as the ship's science officer and is always eager to explore new worlds and discover new things.

Charlie Cheddarfield - A friendly and outgoing crew member who is always ready to lend a helping paw to anyone in need

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Is that Wes Anderson Star Wars thing AI generated? It has the look of it, but some of those shots are animated, and I didn't now we could do that yet.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

Is that Wes Anderson Star Wars thing AI generated? It has the look of it, but some of those shots are animated, and I didn't now we could do that yet.

It's same as that Balenciaga stuff, they're just adding some slight movement to still images.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That movement is all very easy to do in After Effects. It's likely they generated each still, then added some touches of animation done by hand.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Holy poo poo claymation Bill Murry is striking.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

feedmyleg posted:

So, those Corridor Crew guys put together a pipeline to get an interesting (if extremely early) live action -> animation conversion. As far as anyone knows, has somebody tried tackling the opposite yet? I know it's probably going to be a little too close to the Will Smith Eating Spaghetti clip at this point in the technology's advancement, but I was watching some old cutscenes from 90s video games and wondering if that sort of thing could be changed to reasonably-realistic "live-action" footage since it's slightly more akin to upscaling and style-transfer than inventing a scene whole-cloth.

It's totally doable but we are very very much in the early experimental stages of all this.
You can take any cartoon image and load a realistic model in img2img and get varying degrees of success totally at the whim of RNG. I just spent 20 minutes making attempts so you can compare.

Adventure Mouse cartoon still frame
Steps: 48, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 1950149683, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 4199bcdd14, Model: revAnimated_v122, Denoising strength: 0.69, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires upscaler: Latent

turns into

Adventure Mouse live action still frame
Steps: 48, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 2625039829, Size: 768x768, Model hash: c0d1994c73, Model: realisticVisionV20_v20, Denoising strength: 0.69, Mask blur: 4

It also turned into failure after failure after failure. It would help if I were any better at img2img, I guess this works as a way to do just that.

I mentioned Flowrates the other day and I've been messing with that, AI added frames has incredible potential if you spend time making quality keyframes. It's really reall fast too, this is the path to realtime.
Feels like it's missing an upscaling option to go with it though. I'll post some examples of that later.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
man that claymation black hole looks like it took a telescope pic of gravitational lensing and made something out of clay that resembles it

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
"okay like the Staples easy button but instead of red it's a transparent box and inside it is the ghostly apparition of a British traffic warden and she's writing you up"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ben Nerevarine posted:

"okay like the Staples easy button but instead of red it's a transparent box and inside it is the ghostly apparition of a British traffic warden and she's writing you up"

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 2, 2023

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

:same:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Can they do model train dioramas, or even a tilt shift effect so you end up with really detailed cityscapes (or whatever) that look like models?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
photo of a long spooky hallway under a pale dead moon, folk horror, dramatic dark eerie lighting, horrific surreal nightmare, ruined decaying mansion, 8k resolution artwork, horror art, eerie, creepy, sharp focus, 35mm
Steps: 25, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 2537928196, Size: 768x512, Model hash: 7234b76e42, Model: chilloutmix_Ni

Rendered with Stable Diffusion running locally on my ancient i7-2600k with a Geforce 1070 GTX Ti

Time taken: 21.77s Torch active/reserved: 5037/6196 MiB, Sys VRAM: 7960/8192 MiB (97.17%)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gromit posted:

Can they do model train dioramas, or even a tilt shift effect so you end up with really detailed cityscapes (or whatever) that look like models?

Yes...

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 31, 2023

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Can you add dinosaurs to this, asking for a friend.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

At least I got chicken: a story of chicken summoning

pixaal fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 2, 2023

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I like how many of the same people who encourage piracy and/or shoplifting, and say Kill All Landlords all the time, now love copyright laws and want Disney to save them. or they try to frame it as a labor/scab issue, while using their computer to make youtube videos that would have taken a whole studio of people to produce at one point, and producing the music for them alone on their laptop instead of in a studio with engineers and musicians.

the whole line of thought seems inconsistent to me, but I could be wrong

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

a labor/scab issue
speaking of which, the WGA strike starts today. Unless things get settled or one side folds early, I believe that the world is about to learn just how loving bad ChatGPT actually is at writing stories.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Roman posted:

speaking of which, the WGA strike starts today. Unless things get settled or one side folds early, I believe that the world is about to learn just how loving bad ChatGPT actually is at writing stories.

GPT is fine at like an adult swim style for about 3-5 minutes tops then it goes off the rails. I really do think current AI could be curated (this part is important!!) into a viable 2AM sketch show with 5 minute long sketches without more than an improv line read edit. Oh you want the AI to read it too, and decide the emotional tone? Oh boy now you are just being wacky. We might be able to get 15-30 second long consistent sketches. It can do the couch gag equivalent to something else.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Fabulous, thanks! Love the details.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I found this scene fairly evocative. The prompt was "lagrange point forest with wooden spaceships" so, not quite spot-on but very lovely.

By this point the prompt is "zero-gravity forest at the lagrange point between Earth and the Moon with wooden spaceships in orbit"

I kind of picture this as the exodus of the forest, where it finally says "sod off" to humanity and builds a new arboreal base in space. Very enterprising of them.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
There has been a lot of speculation im this thread about when AI would be incorporated into gaming as a "live" feature of the game. Apparently Galactic Civilizations IV (a 4x strategy game) is developing a branch of chat GPT and I think stable diffusion that will be incorporated at least into its civilization customizer, possibly further. The example given is you enter a prompt into the builder and it will create custom backstory and art for your civ.

https://www.galciv4.com/

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

pixaal posted:

GPT is fine at like an adult swim style for about 3-5 minutes tops then it goes off the rails. I really do think current AI could be curated (this part is important!!) into a viable 2AM sketch show with 5 minute long sketches without more than an improv line read edit. Oh you want the AI to read it too, and decide the emotional tone? Oh boy now you are just being wacky. We might be able to get 15-30 second long consistent sketches. It can do the couch gag equivalent to something else.

How Is It Manifested regularly generates 1-2 minute sketches based on a sentence or two of description, with 100% AI generated static images and voices. It adds a whole lot of extra prompting behind the scenes to enforce genre restrictions or even predefined characters, though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Here comes an alternate Star Wars with no human characters and the rest randomly hosed with:

Luke Skywalker

Princess Leia

Han Solo

Obi-wan Kenobi

Chewbacca

Yoda

C-3P0

R2-D2

Darth Vader (accidentally saved the wrong size of this one :smith:)

Emperor Sheev Palpatine

Imperial Stormtroopers

Baby Jabba

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

do any of the free options allow upload image and give prompt? nightcafe seems pretty usable and p cheap at five a month. is that a good one to go with? can you leech bing? it's annoying uploading

yahweh and asherah. idk whats up with all the cranial accessories.

html jpeg

their wedding pics

and this one

shrug

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
https://copyright.gov/ai/listening-sessions.html#visual-arts

This is live now.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Amnesty International sued AI image generation to illustrate police brutality ...

Remember, police brutality is only real when actual people are suffering.

https://twitter.com/shahselbe/status/1652679528660049920

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 2, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gromit posted:

Fabulous, thanks! Love the details.

This was the Midjourney Prompt 'model train diorama, intricate, detailed, 1975, photorealistic,kodachrome --ar 3:2'

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Brawnfire posted:

I found this scene fairly evocative. The prompt was "lagrange point forest with wooden spaceships" so, not quite spot-on but very lovely.

By this point the prompt is "zero-gravity forest at the lagrange point between Earth and the Moon with wooden spaceships in orbit"

I kind of picture this as the exodus of the forest, where it finally says "sod off" to humanity and builds a new arboreal base in space. Very enterprising of them.

Kool. I'm reading a SF book series right now (The Daedalus Incident) which is a love letter to the Aubrey/Maturin series but with big rear end 18th century warships that can go into space, very much in line with what you're doing here.

I would love to see some more space ships of all kinds itt, or anything space themed in general

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I tried some model railroad shots for Gromet.

With Dinosaurs:

With "Gamera"

This was supposed to be Rogan but turned into a couple of people riding a griffon which is awesome.

"Godzilla"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Those turned out amazing, thank you both for incorporating the dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Working off other things:

Chicken Summoning:

Tacomancer / Taco Wizard

Wizard casting "Wall of Tacos"

Pizza Wizard: