Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I run that deck but with Valk instead of Sera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Managed to get 80 today on a streak from 76. I had kind of given up but my lovely homebrew dino deck got me there eventually.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I got valk from a cache recently which has cemented my free card for bast, so I'm hoping a c3 ends up being strong because these days as much as I like playing other deck gimmicks, i find myself gravitating more and more towards 2 archetypes because they put up the biggest numbers by the end, and that's zolaing shurid up dudes on wong and discard apocadrac/(and when i get him, galactus/knull) because 25 in every lane doesnt cut it anymore.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Here's a playline to close out the season, real dice roll with the doc ock at the end.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

my last play of the season was my first rodeo with a surfer deck (and my first surfer opponent, nice not deck based matchmaking ben)

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Yeah, I ended this season at rank 95 and 71 on the battlepass. Tried to get those last five levels but luck was not on my side. Still can't believe I got to Galactic though, jeez. This time I'm definitely aiming for Infinite for that sweet gold tapedeck back.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
First game of the new season and I, a Strong Guy Enjoyer, took 2 cubes from a Nebula player. I declare that she sucks and will never be good

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Wait a second, does this season's battlepass track also not have a free variant?

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Youremother posted:

Wait a second, does this season's battlepass track also not have a free variant?

It does not. Shameful. Lotta poor souls gonna be finding pixel variants in their inboxes this season

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
First month for me where battle pass isn’t an auto buy. Nebula looks good and strong but the game is becoming a bit of a slog that I’m not sure I want to spend money on. Hopefully I find something that makes it really fun for me again

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm so glad I got to Galactic I can't wait to get my free variant without having to grind up to it (Pixel Wasp) :shepicide:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It's nice to get one up over a Galactus player.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

godogg posted:

It does not. Shameful. Lotta poor souls gonna be finding pixel variants in their inboxes this season

That's two months in a row now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

godogg posted:

I’m thinking it’s not an accident, aye

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I think I'm now a full Matchmaking truther. If I play Galactus or Thanos decks it's a brutal climb against good decks. But just yesterday I built a Zabu Darkhawk deck, nothing fancy in it Dark hawk being the only S4 card (I think) and I was just getting matched against just terrible decks played badly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

victorious posted:

That's two months in a row now.

And they changed it back last month, did they not? Looks like they may have repeated last month's mistake if so.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Huh. Was not expecting this from a random cache. What're the current hot lists for him?

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Aramoro posted:

I think I'm now a full Matchmaking truther. If I play Galactus or Thanos decks it's a brutal climb against good decks. But just yesterday I built a Zabu Darkhawk deck, nothing fancy in it Dark hawk being the only S4 card (I think) and I was just getting matched against just terrible decks played badly.

Tried C5 today and most matches where against Galactus decks. Really loving lame. Switched to a daredevil deck with profX and I don't see any. Match making is really pathetic.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Huh. Was not expecting this from a random cache. What're the current hot lists for him?
I have had good success with this deck-

Korg, Quinjet, Sentinel, Zabu, Agent Coulson, Mystique, Moon-Girl, Shang-Chi, Rockslide, Darkhawk, Devil Dinosaur, Onslaught

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I'm so loving done with Galactus. It's so dull uninspiring and boring to play against. Yes I know its bad cube rate, counterable *blah blah blah* but it just means that unless you're hard teching against it, wave into Galactus = lose 2 cubes and peace out. I like to play games to have fun, and this is just not fun to play against.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Just pointed a guy to the Nuverse shop to get a cheap season pass, and he poo poo his pants because it was going to charge him 499.00.

My link gives prices in Filipino pesos, which exchange at about 70PHP:1GBP.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

IllusionistTrixie posted:

I'm so loving done with Galactus. It's so dull uninspiring and boring to play against. Yes I know its bad cube rate, counterable *blah blah blah* but it just means that unless you're hard teching against it, wave into Galactus = lose 2 cubes and peace out. I like to play games to have fun, and this is just not fun to play against.

I get the Galactus hate, but if you know what’s coming, you should not be losing 2 cubes to that list ever. If they Wave on 3 and you can’t counter on 4, just retreat. I know losing isn’t fun, but bailing on turn 3 means you invested 60 seconds of your life in the match so far. It’s ok to leave.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

canyonero posted:

I get the Galactus hate, but if you know what’s coming, you should not be losing 2 cubes to that list ever. If they Wave on 3 and you can’t counter on 4, just retreat. I know losing isn’t fun, but bailing on turn 3 means you invested 60 seconds of your life in the match so far. It’s ok to leave.

If they snap on 1 before you know they're Galactus you'll lose 2 cubes on the retreat. That's probably what he means.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
If you have the cards sera surfer has a really good galactus matchup. Between goose and Cosmo and juggernaut and Polaris if you see the signs and play goose into an empty lane turn 2 you can make every lane ungalactusable by turn 3 quite often

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea most galactus players correctly snap turn 1 since it’s super obvious what’s coming two turns in and if the opponent doesn’t have the counter it’s peace out if you’re snapping later

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
So weird how different people get matched up. I don't think I ever saw a turn 1 Galactus snap on my way to 95 last season, CL 5058. I almost always stay in against turn 1 snaps because I'm dumb with my cubes.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
My Galactus deck just got obliterated by someone playing literally only Guardians characters, curse is officially over everone

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Man there's a lot of cocky fools in the 40's. "You're snapping back with.. that? Okay, thanks for the 8 cubes.." Kinda glad I ended up here haha.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well poo poo this is a 5 week season

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Well poo poo this is a 5 week season

T’is, with Hit Monkey this week, Iron Lad next, Howard the Duck after that, High Evo, and lastly Living Tribunal.

Also interesting that this might be the best new collection of cards in a few months. Iron Lad seems like it could be really strong in a lot of decks, Howard seems extremely valuable for planning your turns out, High Evo could maybe be insanely OP on release, and Living Tribunal, which looks weak, but who knows if someone will figure out how to break it insanely quickly with Iron Mans and Omega Reds, Onslaught and whatnot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

T’is, with Hit Monkey this week, Iron Lad next, Howard the Duck after that, High Evo, and lastly Living Tribunal.

Also interesting that this might be the best new collection of cards in a few months. Iron Lad seems like it could be really strong in a lot of decks, Howard seems extremely valuable for planning your turns out, High Evo could maybe be insanely OP on release, and Living Tribunal, which looks weak, but who knows if someone will figure out how to break it insanely quickly with Iron Mans and Omega Reds, Onslaught and whatnot.

Yeah, every card in May is a slammer. And just to rub it in, so are most of the cards in June - Spider-Man 2099 in particular is a loving beating.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m saving my tokens for High Evolutionary

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Iron lad is gonna enable a lot more Galactus shenanigans

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Iron lad is gonna enable a lot more Galactus shenanigans

You reckon? I thought it’d slot into a Darkhawk deck super well where basically any ability it copies is gonna be pretty strong. Also it’d be risky to run in any deck with goblins.

I also call these things wrong sometimes but I think High Evo might really be stupid OP on release.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Turn 1 Howard the duck
Turn 2 zabu
Turn 3 *snap* iron lad the top deck Galactus

Sure it's gonna be rare for that exact play out but it'll happen

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Does he copy on reveals too? Pretty easy to make a good deck around him there'll just be some tension between him and bast maybe. Kind of an insane card tbh.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 2, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Turn 1 Howard the duck
Turn 2 zabu
Turn 3 *snap* iron lad the top deck Galactus

Sure it's gonna be rare for that exact play out but it'll happen

Yeah but I feel like part of Galactus strength is getting you to commit resources to locations that won’t exist, but you might be right that we’ll see T3 Iron Ladactus into T4 Spiderman into T5 Doc Ock and that is horrible.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
It’s really easy to come up with 11 cards that make a cohesive deck and are at worst not bad hits off iron lad. Wong with Black Panther and Forge and Mr Sinister, move decks with spider man 2099 or vulture or even heimdall, ongoing decks with iron man and mystique and zabu, Dino decks with moon girl and jubilee and Dino himself, in galactus his worst case is big yondu and his best case is cheaper stronger nimrod…

Sera hazmat decks could probably squeeze evolutionary, abomination, and maybe shocker or thing in there. I don’t think there’s enough cards yet but shocker would go in some hypothetical electroless ramp deck with psylock and cost-reducers one day.

Does anyone else have Negasonic Teenage Warhead yet?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

No Wave posted:

Does he copy on reveals too? Pretty easy to make a good deck around him there'll just be some tension between him and bast maybe. Kind of an insane card tbh.

It would be pretty weak if he didn't. His text says that he copies the text of your top card on reveal, so anything but the energy and power gets duplicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Goose is my pool 3 card right now. Should I take it? It would feel pretty good in my Sera deck and my C2... I'm really hoping to get Death or maybe Dracula though.