Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oleg just called me a righteous man and i want to slap him in his stupid face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
the "brainwaves" dialogue options with Serval and Gepard got me grinning like an idiot.

God the MC dialogue options rule so much

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I just know I am going to struggle with the block rotation puzzles.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Flowing Thot posted:

I just know I am going to struggle with the block rotation puzzles.

Once you complete all them, you unlock some even more complicated ones too!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
At least you get to complain to the guy in the customer survey. "You just made it worse!"

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Those ones make me feel insanely stupid. I'm sure they're simple, but my brain just absolutely cannot understand what I'm supposed to visualize there. Usually I finish one by luck, have a moment of thinking "OH, I think I get it now!" and then I completely forget by the next one.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I don’t have much trouble with the block puzzle but the compass alignment ones just make me feel like I have the smoothest brain in the world.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

the compass ones don't feel like puzzles even. you just look for one that fucks with the other's positioning, put that in place and move the others

maybe they'll get harder?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

boredsatellite posted:

the compass ones don't feel like puzzles even. you just look for one that fucks with the other's positioning, put that in place and move the others

Some day there'll be one where they all gently caress with the others' positioning and my brain will shortcircuit

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

boredsatellite posted:

They start like that, but eventually every dial starts moving the other dials as well and my brain isn’t wired for that.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

That's a good start but eventually you get ones where they all gently caress with each other.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

do compass puzzles start on the planet after ice planet, I havent seen any yet

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Autisanal Cheese posted:

That's a good start but eventually you get ones where they all gently caress with each other.

Ah good, at least that will be a challenge. So far the compass stuff I've been doing is... just boring

Bussamove posted:

They start like that, but eventually every dial starts moving the other dials as well and my brain isn’t wired for that.

I'm a weirdo and i need this asap

Indecisive posted:

do compass puzzles start on the planet after ice planet, I havent seen any yet

Yes

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Each planet seems to have a completely different set of puzzles which is interesting.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Do yourself a favor and listen at all of the doors in the hallway of the Goethe Hotel in the Overworld of Belobog.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Apparently there's a quest with a lot of logic puzzles in it and I'm mad it hasn't unlocked for me yet.

edit: Actually, the sort of weird trickle that quests unlock at a) makes sense for the games model b) frustrates me immensely because I don't want to miss anything

Leraika fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 2, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

This game really is batting 1000……
Still a bit weird that it asked me if I was really sure I wanted to move characters around to do the mission I'd selected, but: a) nice to know that my guess was correct, and that's why genshin locks you out; and b) thank god that isn't a thing here, shame this'll never actually come to genshin because it's open world and that's a lot more trouble than just reconfiguring a train car.

Also I found a lady stuck in a robot.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Got my Seele so I guess it's time to save for a while.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

The quest with the little girl stuck in the maze is freaking me out. I need closure. Stefan must pay...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like the roguelike needs to add a little more weight to the Path you selected at the beginning, considering how much your success is based on stacking synergistic blessings.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dang, I just hit the "please wait for the next installment" wall. I want mooooore :negative:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man, the level 34 main story lock is kinda harsh. I was only 30 when I got there, and it looks like clearing out my quest log won't even get me to 33.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Don't worry, there's more... more compass puzzles!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Clarste posted:

I feel like the roguelike needs to add a little more weight to the Path you selected at the beginning, considering how much your success is based on stacking synergistic blessings.

Yeah it came up all the time back in like world 2, but now I've unlocked all the paths the one I want is much rarer

That said it's easy enough to get 3/6 for basic/advanced resonance and a ton of the blessings are generically useful

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 2, 2023

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Kyrosiris posted:

Dang, I just hit the "please wait for the next installment" wall. I want mooooore :negative:

Does the content end right in the middle of not-China's story again like Genshin 1.0?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Bland posted:

Does the content end right in the middle of not-China's story again like Genshin 1.0?

Yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair there's at least a somewhat substantial ending cliffhanger compared to genshin 1.0.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Actually I felt the pacing was a little weird.

The giant tree revives which is obviously a big deal, so we have to get to it ASAP which takes us through the Artisan District; sure, whatever. But then we get an email from some rando NPC we met earlier in what seemed like a filler section and suddenly we have to drop everything to go meet her? And then it turns out she's secretly the leader of the enemy faction, which like, cool, but what about the tree? I thought we were here to stop the tree. If they are going to get in our way then we'll deal with them then, sure, but it felt extremely odd to me how they put the urgency of the mission on hold to have this happen now of all times.

So I can't say it felt like a cliffhanger to me, just a weird stopping point.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 2, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it is an anime-inspired game and the 'i was actually a bad guy!!' thing is the most important place for an anime episode or manga chapter to end on

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

it is an anime-inspired game and the 'i was actually a bad guy!!' thing is the most important place for an anime episode or manga chapter to end on

Should've had all her character development done earlier then, then had the email instead be from the Divination folks telling you they finished their analysis right before you meet her on the way to the tree. Instead of interrupting everything to deliver medicine to small children.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

About half an hour into space China and this place is pretty cool.

Also hit equilibrium 2 so I get to enjoy farming a ton of mats to get my team to 50 across the board and maybe finally beat simulation world 3.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

About half an hour into space China and this place is pretty cool.

Also hit equilibrium 2 so I get to enjoy farming a ton of mats to get my team to 50 across the board and maybe finally beat simulation world 3.

I still couldn't beat it with two 50s and two 40s. QQ. That final boss is some bullshit.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xalidur posted:

I still couldn't beat it with two 50s and two 40s. QQ. That final boss is some bullshit.

I get to the last stage of the boss and his two buddies with shields just completely destroy my dudes. I guess I should save ults specifically for when they come on field or something

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

the random unexpectedness of characters texting me and opening more quests is a nice surprise each day

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I get to the last stage of the boss and his two buddies with shields just completely destroy my dudes. I guess I should save ults specifically for when they come on field or something

That's what happened to me last night. I was riding high thinking that I was finally going to win and then enemies just kept attacking with no chance to respond until Natasha and Serval were dead, loving RIP.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hopefully my Clara hypercarry team can muddle its way through, then. Clara + Tingyun + Natasha + March can beastmode through a lot of things with phys weakness (and a lot of things without).

I'm going to get the destruction LC from Herta's shop first for Clara, but are any of the other LCs in there good?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The Hunt one seems fine, lots of crit rate.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yanqing must have more crit stats. MORE I SAY.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I got the Destruction LC from the Herta shop and this thing is hilarious on Phys MC, especially since mine is also wearing the boxer Phys set. Just multiple stacking sources of ATK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Saw this person just now and ggggg-goddamn. I was shocked that there were 60's at all this soon because that's some serious rear end grinding, but look at that weapon.