Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Close thread and goldSnydermine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

RBA Starblade posted:

At least give us until the Rebel Moon hot takes

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'll see you in the Rebel Moon thread.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MacheteZombie posted:

Just wanted to give yall a heads up, I'm closing the dome in the near future. If one of yall want to drum up a Snyder thread again you're more than welcome, but I'm closing this one since a containment zone is no longer needed.

If you seek his thread, post around you

Why?

This is stupid. Let it live and if it dies, it dies.

The forums database can handle it.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Vintersorg posted:

Why?

https://twitter.com/Edcrab_/status/1652100785231069185?s=20

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Thread should definitely be reopened once Rebel Moon is released.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Why?

Eh, it's a 4 year old thread, time for a refresh. An OP actually made by snyder fan would be better for any newcomers to the cult.

Threads are cheap.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

How old is the alien thread

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

As long as this thread lives on in some capacity. It's nice having a space for people to enjoy (and constructively critique) these films without someone shrieking Snyder doesn't understand the source material every 4th post.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ruddiger posted:

founded 2015

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
My favorite post from the front page:

Nroo posted:

I hated Man of Steel for years until I finally saw it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was that a thread title? It should have been.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was that a thread title? It should have been.

It still can be

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Also, this Snydermoon should stand firm as an active thread, to forever provide testimony to the folly of those who seek to dissemble and distort the Snyderverse from the sincere and enthusiastic take it is on comic book mythos.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
We can build a new thread...with a big round table. 6 chairs.

But room for more.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

MacheteZombie posted:

Just wanted to give yall a heads up, I'm closing the dome in the near future. If one of yall want to drum up a Snyder thread again you're more than welcome, but I'm closing this one since a containment zone is no longer needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-IbT0i_Ur0

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"What you have written is unfortunately hyper-political" is an all-timer thread title

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm closing this one since a containment zone is no longer needed.

It never was.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

mod obsession with "refreshing threads" and doing nothing but inconveniencing people continues

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Boo. Pointless loving around and I like this place.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Necrothatcher posted:

Boo. Pointless loving around and I like this place.

We can rebuild. We can do better. We will. We have to.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Snydermoon episode 5: this one's on Hoth

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, this Snydermoon should stand firm as an active thread, to forever provide testimony to the folly of those who seek to dissemble and distort the Snyderverse from the sincere and enthusiastic take it is on comic book mythos.

Rip HBO Max

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I had a dream, almost like a premonition, that there's an attack coming.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

HBO getting gutted is truly a sad thing to see, even now it's got a better lineup than any other streaming service I've used

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Vintersorg posted:

Why?

I think what MacheteZombie is trying to address is the basic premise of this thread, which was to function as an excuse to ban discussing Snyder’s work in the film discussion forum.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

KVeezy3 posted:

I think what MacheteZombie is trying to address is the basic premise of this thread, which was to function as an excuse to ban discussing Snyder’s work in the film discussion forum.

Sooooo

if we get really really obnoxious about Snyder in other threads, the way some complain we always do, we get to keep the thread.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Exactly.

So outside of this thread we need to exclusively label him as "two-time Oscar winning visionary movie director Zack Snyder".

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
This thread hasn't been a containment zone in years. A shame.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

KVeezy3 posted:

Brief reminder that when this thread was made there was already an active Justice League thread that served the same purpose as this thread does today.

Anyways I don't mind a new thread if it's the same chill Snyderposting made by a cool cultist like teagone.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Kinda surprised by the pushback tbh, we've talked about getting a new OP up before, I'm just forcing it to happen now lol.

well why not posted:

I had a dream, almost like a premonition, that there's an attack coming.

Lol

ruddiger posted:

Well, here's the deal, I want to start closing more of the megathreads, including the Alien one. It's been years since it or Star Wars have had movies released and a lot of the chatter in those threads is circular or focused on shows/games/toys/etc. So I think letting people take some of that to other parts of SA isn't the worst thing ever. I'd like to see more of a return of individual movie threads, but I also do like the idea of creator focused threads like a Snyder Appreciation Station.

I recently redid the rules thread and made a feedback thread, feel free to go rip into me there about these ideas though.

:cheers:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Kinda surprised by the pushback tbh, we've talked about getting a new OP up before, I'm just forcing it to happen now lol.

If there's anything I've learned about the SA forums it's that most people do not pay attention to any forums news or happenings until it directly affects them or wherever their bookmarks are.

I'm in favor of closing threads for mega-franchises that aren't even about movies anymore (Sci-Fi Wi-Fi seems like a better home for the Alien and Star Wars threads) but I guess I'm curious why Snyderdome and the CBM thread got singled out as examples to start with. Pretty much everyone except the most insane posters acknowledge this thread is pretty chill now and I can think of several threads more toxic than the CBM one, poo poo I'd say Who Greenlighted is worse off than it.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
It's only stuff, Clark. It can always be replaced.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

If there's anything I've learned about the SA forums it's that most people do not pay attention to any forums news or happenings until it directly affects them or wherever their bookmarks are.

I'm in favor of closing threads for mega-franchises that aren't even about movies anymore (Sci-Fi Wi-Fi seems like a better home for the Alien and Star Wars threads) but I guess I'm curious why Snyderdome and the CBM thread got singled out as examples to start with. Pretty much everyone except the most insane posters acknowledge this thread is pretty chill now and I can think of several threads more toxic than the CBM one, poo poo I'd say Who Greenlighted is worse off than it.

Hey I'm pulling this post into the feedback thread and I'll respond to your other post there as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I forgot about Cease to Hope until someone dig up that post last night. He sometimes would have a good, well observed post but then post something insane. He was almost like that Marvel villain trope of having reasonable points but then killing an orphan to let the audience know he’s actually bad in poster form.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

:confused:How did you save my mom's thread from the forums?
:grin:I bought the forums.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Love this gif forever

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's only stuff, Clark. It can always be replaced.

:3:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol

Well, here's the deal, I want to start closing more of the megathreads, including the Alien one. It's been years since it or Star Wars have had movies released and a lot of the chatter in those threads is circular or focused on shows/games/toys/etc. So I think letting people take some of that to other parts of SA isn't the worst thing ever. I'd like to see more of a return of individual movie threads, but I also do like the idea of creator focused threads like a Snyder Appreciation Station.

I recently redid the rules thread and made a feedback thread, feel free to go rip into me there about these ideas though.

:cheers:

Unless there are serious server-side problems with keeping this thread open, you should keep it (and other megathreads) open, because it's easier to search for old posts in one thread on a subject than it is to be like, hmm, did that video get posted in megathread 3 or megathread 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Ferrinus posted:

Unless there are serious server-side problems with keeping this thread open, you should keep it (and other megathreads) open, because it's easier to search for old posts in one thread on a subject than it is to be like, hmm, did that video get posted in megathread 3 or megathread 4?

This is my exact take. Like, the "weird fist" was not where I thought it was and I don't know where it went.