Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lmao check out those market caps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Unemployment is just
the beginning

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1653408533621141504?s=20

it's happening

edit: lmao

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1653427485608931329?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Tomorrow we get 25bps

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The CEO of JPM has to have the biggest erection right now, they're gonna buy everything.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

the major banks are feeling it too

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

No need to panic. The US banking system is strong and safe.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

lmao check out those market caps

Lmao

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Finish them, Jay

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Where's the best place to watch the banks collapse

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Spaced God posted:

outside the bank

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Spaced God posted:

Ideally from a safe distance from Earth

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Spaced God posted:

from your posting chair

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Beached Whale posted:

To save you time from reading an overlong twitter thread the answer to "why" is because they're dogshit

https://twitter.com/GuyDealership/status/1653408767545942019

huh yet i keep seeing those loving ugly jeep gladiators everywhere here

Apr 7, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

huh yet i keep seeing those loving ugly jeep gladiators everywhere here

love to see trucks with names like Ram Warlock, Gladiator, Rebel, etc being driven by 58 year old guys with metabolic syndrome who can't walk a half mile.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Buffer posted:

They would have 100% access.

It's an API call. You're sending them the information. Unless they went to great pains to set things up in a way to not allow them to collect it or just aren't bothering to collect it, they have it.

What they claim is they don't use it for anything... which... well....

lol the government stuff alone…

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Jesus Chrysler Supercar

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

oh that economy i got insanely rich cultivating? not worth a drat, sorry suckers! fygm

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Would it help if I clapped to show I believe in number?

Apr 7, 2003

For $42K+ you could at least paint a badass wizard on this thing for me. go all the way

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Beached Whale posted:

To save you time from reading an overlong twitter thread the answer to "why" is because they're dogshit

https://twitter.com/GuyDealership/status/1653408767545942019

I work in insurance and almost every Jeep I see has an issue with the transmission or some other mechanical recall that people were always trying to tack onto their “someone backed into me in a parking lot!” claims.

Apr 7, 2003

If you've got a few minutes read or watch a review of that Grand Wagoneer, btw. Highlights like eight video screen things, all of which lag like a $40 android tablet

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

It is so weird to watch when the majority of the public thinks that is bad.

You can say this about anything that is going on currently.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

euphronius posted:

I’m watching a CLE on ai and the expert is constantly repeating that AI is merely a tool that needs constant oversight, auditing and it’s not magic.

Since playing around with it, to me it seems like a nice tool that can increase my output from being able to get me 60-80% of the way to something but I still need to know what I am doing and edit it to what I need.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

blood?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Spaced God posted:

right here

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

did he also design boats that go to Africa?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Also kind of funny that automation/AI is probably closer to taking out the professional class than the working class.

Apr 7, 2003

Raccooon posted:

Also kind of funny that automation/AI is probably closer to taking out the professional class than the working class.

There's a reason why hotels don't have robots that can clean rooms & bathrooms, they're not possible and may never be.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

chairface posted:

I'm a poorly paid math degree holder and much like the people in other technical subjects reporting chatgpt spews authoritative sounding results that are ultimately wrong, yeah, it's actually pretty bad at math. math that computers are actually good at, already, chatgpt is still horrifically bad at. poo poo I can plug straight into wolfram mathematica and get a correct answer from, chatgpt fucks up. so yeah it's only a revolution if you think undergrads who are wrong but sound convincing are the be all end all

So the Failsongularity then

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Paradoxish posted:

Finish them, Jay

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raccooon posted:

if AI does anything it will be similar to things like microsoft office displacing everyone having secretaries

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's a reason why hotels don't have robots that can clean rooms & bathrooms, they're not possible and may never be.

Even if you could make one. How much are they? What if it breaks down? How do you fix it? Would be easier to just hirer a human to do it.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's only half the reason.
IMF big wigs and similar elites can't get their rocks off forcing themselves on robot maids.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Raccooon posted:

100% It's also amusing to watch middle class computer touches root on AI not realizing they're the ones who are going to get hosed

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

chairface posted:

I'm a poorly paid math degree holder and much like the people in other technical subjects reporting chatgpt spews authoritative sounding results that are ultimately wrong, yeah, it's actually pretty bad at math. math that computers are actually good at, already, chatgpt is still horrifically bad at. poo poo I can plug straight into wolfram mathematica and get a correct answer from, chatgpt fucks up. so yeah it's only a revolution if you think undergrads who are wrong but sound convincing are the be all end all

I'm not in maths and I completely believe you but how is this even possible? It's a computer, wouldn't it have to be programmed to do math wrong in order to do it wrong?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Nothus posted:

100% It's also amusing to watch middle class computer touches root on AI not realizing they're the ones who are going to get hosed

Thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

anime was right posted:

if AI does anything it will be similar to things like microsoft office displacing everyone having secretaries

I wouldn’t be that shocked if an AI could outperform a human in stuff like programming and accounting services by like 2035 or sooner.