Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
For as much as FL appears to be vying for the role of trendsetter among conservative states/state govts, their poster children have a bad habit of completing flopping on the national stage. Jeb, Marco Rubio, DeSantis seems to be trending that way, I'll even throw in Debbie Wasserman-Schulz for the FL Dems because I'm feeling spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Neil Armbong posted:

I've def found ways to leverage GPT to do like, 80% of some of my work faster than I would and also useful for summarizing some longer docs that I have to read for work.

An example: I wrote the rubric for managers at my job and now need to create what does growth look like sections for those. Inputing sections of the rubric and prompting for that has greatly expedited creation for some of the sections vs the ones I spent time creating solo. I have some solid foundations to then riff on to get to a good final draft.

It's a tool that has use in my personal experience and I also believe it can be misused and the writers are correct for the stance they are taking against it in their profession.

I respect that you’ve made it work for you

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Qwijib0 posted:

PYF lightfoot that's not Edmund Fitzgerald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IBdZ645S-o

My mom loved Gordon Lightfoot, she's having a bad morning. Her favorite's If You Could Read My Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiU2lrGnT7U

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Lightfoot has got to have a heavy presence in the Boomer Songs To gently caress To playlist.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Just realized we have not had a Molly update from Ehud in awhile. I hope they have amassed even more blue ribbons of agility.

I wish Dave Growl the best.

I wish whatever pr0ns adorable little pitty is named, the best.

I wish panda the best.

I wish all your dogs the best.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Just realized we have not had a Molly update from Ehud in awhile. I hope they have amassed even more blue ribbons of agility.

I wish Dave Growl the best.

I wish whatever pr0ns adorable little pitty is named, the best.

I wish panda the best.

I wish all your dogs the best.

Molly is competing at Westminster this weekend! It’s being held at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center where they do the US Open. :stare:

So yeah, if they qualify in the opening rounds then they’ll be on TV for the agility portion of the dog show. Pretty crazy!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Molly is competing at Westminster this weekend! It’s being held at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center where they do the US Open. :stare:

So yeah, if they qualify in the opening rounds then they’ll be on TV for the agility portion of the dog show. Pretty crazy!

Whaaaat what channel and time?

e: oh you said if they qualify, you’ll definitely have to let us know when they do! (:smug:)

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 2, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Poufu update:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Whaaaat what channel and time?

I have no idea lol

I’ve been in “planning to be solo with a 2 year old for 5 days” mode. I want to have some fun stuff planned because I rarely get her solo for more than half a day.

If they end up qualifying and make it on TV I’ll get the info and post it!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ehud posted:

Holy poo poo way to go Molly!! Good luck! Remind me - does your wife do the courses with her?

Pron on VHS posted:

Poufu update:

She's gotten so big :3:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Go go Molly, hoping to see a dog I kind of know on TV.

Pron on VHS posted:

Poufu update:

Two-face, but one half of the face is a couch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

I have no idea lol

I’ve been in “planning to be solo with a 2 year old for 5 days” mode. I want to have some fun stuff planned because I rarely get her solo for more than half a day.

If they end up qualifying and make it on TV I’ll get the info and post it!

We need a GDT and watch party.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Oh yeah, dogchat. I forgot to update that we finally met Benny, the aussie-doodle my parents got who had parvo within a week of them getting him.

Found out firsthand how tough it is to get pictures of him, although it still doesn't explain why every photo my parents sent was 640x480 despite being taken on a smartphone manufactured in the last two years. Some bonus inclusions of my brother's feet for anyone into that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dango Bango posted:

Holy poo poo way to go Molly!! Good luck! Remind me - does your wife do the courses with her?

Yep. They’ve been doing it since Molly was like 9 months old. She’s about to turn 8, so their prime agility career is sort of winding down. They’re best buds and they’ve been preparing for this big event for years. It’s an absolutely stacked field of very good dogs. I just hope they have fun and have clean runs they’re proud of. :)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

We need a GDT and watch party.

Lol I was thinking the same thing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve been playing through breath of the wild again in prep for years of the kingdom and it’s such a good game. Im STILL finding things that I didn’t know you could do/existed even now. I hope TOTK is just as fun.

I’ve done a great job of not being spoilered on anything. I know a couple of y’all did and I know there’s also some pirated copies out so it’s more dangerous, I just wanna go in completely blind.

gently caress I’m excited

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve been playing through breath of the wild again in prep for years of the kingdom and it’s such a good game. Im STILL finding things that I didn’t know you could do/existed even now. I hope TOTK is just as fun.

I’ve done a great job of not being spoilered on anything. I know a couple of y’all did and I know there’s also some pirated copies out so it’s more dangerous, I just wanna go in completely blind.

Same.

Reminder that Nintendo has that $100 voucher that basically lets you get 2 games for fifty bucks each, instead of $70 for TotK and $60 for another game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Same.

Reminder that Nintendo has that $100 voucher that basically lets you get 2 games for fifty bucks each, instead of $70 for TotK and $60 for another game.

I saw that when I preordered it but I have no idea how to redeem it

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

a neat cape posted:

Same.

really? where. would def do this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

really? where. would def do this.

It's on the Switch eshop. Should be on the front page

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Go Molly, go!

I'm back to work today and lmao 1000+ emails, probably 100 at most are relevant things I need to follow up on. On the other hand I'm getting voluntold to do training with supervisor who's notoriously difficult to work with and I'm wondering why I didn't just jail break my work stuff so I could have stayed in Hawaii.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

Yep. They’ve been doing it since Molly was like 9 months old. She’s about to turn 8, so their prime agility career is sort of winding down. They’re best buds and they’ve been preparing for this big event for years. It’s an absolutely stacked field of very good dogs. I just hope they have fun and have clean runs they’re proud of. :)

What a small world. My wife also ran our dogs in agility a ton before we 2.kids took all our time. It's fun to watch as a spectator. I love it when pugs and toy breeds do it

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve contemplated running through BotW again but I kinda think I just wanna go into TotK “fresh” and blind. But maybe I’ll make the GF play through it, idk.

Also Advance Wars 1&2 Reboot is finally out, I’ll have to pick that up too and feel extremely dumb again while I play it

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

My wife has been playing BOTW to re-familiarize herself with the controls, and said she is very happy she did so. After watching her bomb herself by accident I understand why.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
A new Super Mega Baseball comes out in June :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'll probably never own a Switch (mostly an issue of time + dozens of games owned and unplayed on other hardware) but BOTW is probably the one game from that system that I really wish I could play. Maybe someday I will get brave or brazen enough to emulate it on PC.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

I’ve contemplated running through BotW again but I kinda think I just wanna go into TotK “fresh” and blind. But maybe I’ll make the GF play through it, idk.

Honestly I didn’t start over I just picked up at the end where I left off and am running around knocking out temples and stuff that I didn’t do before. Mainly just so I can get a good feel for the controls again

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My wife has been playing BOTW to re-familiarize herself with the controls, and said she is very happy she did so. After watching her bomb herself by accident I understand why.

Lol it me

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

A new Super Mega Baseball comes out in June :)

I wish I could get my friends interested in playing this with me because it seems great on paper. Just wanna make my own wacky franchise and play a full season against my pals!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I frickin' loved MLB Power Pros 2008, not just because you could create a Guam team, but it had an RPG mode where you started out in the minors and had a bunch of life events and other stuff that would affect the stats that your player would have if/when he made it to the majors, and the physics and controls of the game were really solid.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I loved Pilotwings on the SNES but what was up with that last helicopter level??

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
This just makes me want to play a baseball RPG. Make it otome style.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Basewars already exists.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

We always kinda turned Super Baseball 2020 into one.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

C-Euro posted:

I'll probably never own a Switch (mostly an issue of time + dozens of games owned and unplayed on other hardware) but BOTW is probably the one game from that system that I really wish I could play. Maybe someday I will get brave or brazen enough to emulate it on PC.

There's already a couple emulators out there, and if you have a fairly decent machine it'll run them fine. It's not hard to set up.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you're not playing 10 games a night of Tony LaRussa Baseball on the Sega Genesis then writing down your team's cumulative stats on a yellow legal pad because the cartridge battery never worked properly I don't even know what you're doing

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm still playing MLB the Show and my created character Jumbo Noodles will one day get a walk that's from something other then being HBP.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

KRAKEN

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Totally forgot about Reservation Dogs season 2 and maaaaaaaaan this is good, every episode has been a ride stylewise

As much as I love What we do in the Shadows and Our Flag Means Death think this is my favorite Waititi thing

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a sexual elk posted:

Totally forgot about Reservation Dogs season 2 and maaaaaaaaan this is good, every episode has been a ride stylewise

As much as I love What we do in the Shadows and Our Flag Means Death think this is my favorite Waititi thing

Rez Dogs is incredible and I’m really glad that it got picked up for S3. Sterlin Harjo took on most of the creative responsibilities after S1 iirc, so a lot of what you see this season is his stuff. I highly recommend looking up some of the things he’s done with the 1491s if you like his sensibilities.

Also episode 4 came out 2 weeks after my granddad passed and absolutely wrecked me.