Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What the hell is the branco one even trying to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

bunnyofdoom posted:

What the hell is the branco one even trying to say?

Bud Light shot itself in the foot trying to go 'woke' :rolleye:

Fox News successfully one-upped this by firing Tucky Carlson. This is illustrated by Fox News blowing their entire foot off.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Is it because he's an anti-vaxxer, Stiglich?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

serious question, does RFK jr have like, anything in his political past other than
A: He's a Kennedy or
B: the anti-vax on covid/autism thing

what else are the media supposed to focus on? He's a legit environmental lawyer, sure, but he couldn't even manage to turn that and his last name into a top EPA position in either the obama or biden administrations, let alone anything he'd actually need to be elected for

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Poor Fishman, I can't imagine how awful it must be to endure a media organisation that opposes your politics and spends all its time lying and manipulating

quote:

Poor Stantis, he tries so hard to accommodate both sides but the liberals just keep insisting on being such extreme communists all the time, really he has no choice but to gently support the fascists.

The Artificial Kid fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 2, 2023

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Guavanaut posted:

Is it because he's an anti-vaxxer, Stiglich?
Hey! He only opposes (some) (mandatory) vaccines!

^ Actual quote.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

What the gently caress is that arm?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Wasn't there some 80's movie where an australian punk guy tries to rob a bank and they cheerfully inform him banks don't really keep any cash on hand anymore but they'd be perfectly happy to help him open a line of credit or something?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on Liz Truss and the £12,000 bill – Former PM disputing bill relating to use of Chevening grace-and-favour house"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Keir Starmer pledges return of house building targets in war on Nimbys

Telegraph:

Teaching unions launch ‘unprecedented’ attempt to stage joint strikes

Times:

Times focus group says the NHS is in critical condition

Evening Standard:

‘Godfather of AI’ Geoffrey Hinton quits Google and warns of technology ‘taking control’

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on Liz Truss and the £12,000 bill – Former PM disputing bill relating to use of Chevening grace-and-favour house"

WTF the art on this one

Like, this makes Rall look competent and thoughtful in his designs

How much of this is traced? And traced badly, christ, the lines on the hedgerow are terrible and then it's clearly copied and flipped from one side to the other, liz truss' eyes are misaligned and it doesn't even look like her

loving hell that hotel in the background with clip art windows and gently caress one of the columns is overlapping on the top and holy poo poo it is literally outlines in ms paint lines that don't fully connect and then the bottom piece is just clearly traced badly again and it's just incredibly jarring and off to have clean crisp lines on the same level as big sharpie doodles

This is... this is some nephew of an editor, isn't it? Like no way in hell does this person have any sort of background or training in any art whatsoever

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 2, 2023

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

new favorite artists just dropped

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

skeleton warrior posted:

This is... this is some nephew of an editor, isn't it? Like no way in hell does this person have any sort of background or training in any art whatsoever

It looks poorly rotoscoped.
I wish I could get paid for being this lazy.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Is the luggage floating in mid-air? There's something below it like a pot lid or maybe a landmine that is clearly... moving? Except the movement lines are under it so it's being gravitationally pulled back into the suitcase I guess????????

Jesus this is a loving aneuryism disguised as art

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

WTF the art on this one

Like, this makes Rall look competent and thoughtful in his designs

How much of this is traced? And traced badly, christ, the lines on the hedgerow are terrible and then it's clearly copied and flipped from one side to the other, liz truss' eyes are misaligned and it doesn't even look like her

loving hell that hotel in the background with clip art windows and gently caress one of the columns is overlapping on the top and holy poo poo it is literally outlines in ms paint lines that don't fully connect and then the bottom piece is just clearly traced badly again and it's just incredibly jarring and off to have clean crisp lines on the same level as big sharpie doodles

It looks kinda like one of Goat on A Stick videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TP6kER1MAw

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Kikas posted:

It looks kinda like one of Goat on A Stick videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TP6kER1MAw

Sure, if they got a text reminding them about a deadline in three minutes for a project they hadn't started

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

skeleton warrior posted:

Is the luggage floating in mid-air? There's something below it like a pot lid or maybe a landmine that is clearly... moving? Except the movement lines are under it so it's being gravitationally pulled back into the suitcase I guess????????

Jesus this is a loving aneuryism disguised as art
I think that's supposed to be the base for the electric kettle, so she's leaving so quickly that her suitcase is in the air behind her, and the kettle which she has stolen from the hotel is falling out in two parts.

Except the entire rest of her figure implies a casual walking pace.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

skeleton warrior posted:

WTF the art on this one

Looks like it's inspired by the seminal masterpiece Day by Day

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
every now and then the guardian lets a new cartoonist draw something for a week, presumably while rowson, bell and riddell are on holiday or something, and it's always complete dogshit

surely there has to be at least one remotely competent person who wants to draw biting political satire but they always seem to find the worst artist possible

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

steinrokkan posted:

Looks like it's inspired by the seminal masterpiece Day by Day

Makes me think of Reply All.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The problem is they look for normies instead of going into depraved fetish communities to get the kind of artist that can produce the feces-drenched nightmares we’ve come to expect from UK cartooning.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Hell yeah

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pants Donkey posted:

The problem is they look for normies instead of going into depraved fetish communities to get the kind of artist that can produce the feces-drenched nightmares we’ve come to expect from UK cartooning.

This week's political cartoon on the NHS crisis is brought to you by furaffinity member diaperz4ever

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A new, more horrifying Scatman

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
There's always Jollyjack.

E: Perfect for the Guardian!

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 2, 2023

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Just this from Charlie Hebdo. I'll be away for about a week if anyone wants to pick up what I usually post, otherwise I'll try to catch up on my return. Luckily China Daily and Le Monde seem to be on a pause too.

Elon Musk: The man who wants to live in his childhood room

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia to ban non-prescription vapes in biggest smoking reforms in a decade (Guardian).

Rowe:

Given interest rates were put on hold last month it came as a surprise to most that the RBA decided to raise them again this month (11 for 12 now). RBA boss Philip Lowe defends shock interest rate rise, saying 'there is a limit' to inflation patience (ABC).

Katauskas:

Wilcox:

Downes:

Tasmania to get a AFL team after state and federal goverments stump up to pay for a new stadium at Macquarie Point.

Spooner:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Bill Bramhall

Adam Zyglis

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

Politics in Washington has suddenly come out of an incumbent-induced freeze that has blocked the paths of aspiring officeholders for a decade.

Jay Inslee has had a lock on the governor’s office for 10 years. Bob Ferguson has held the attorney general’s job for the same length of time. Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler beats both of them, having won six four-year terms in office. Now, they are all moving up or moving out. And Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz is expected to join them.

Inslee, who very likely could have won a fourth, record-setting term, announced on Monday that he will be done at the end of 2024. “During a decade of dynamic change, we’ve made Washington a beacon for progress for the nation,” Inslee said in his announcement. “I’m ready to pass the torch.”

Ferguson, who very much would like to catch that torch, wasted no time in declaring his candidacy for governor, thereby opening the competition to succeed him as AG.

Kreidler’s decision to call it quits is no surprise. It comes in the wake of internal staff turmoil that led Inslee and legislative leaders to call for his resignation last year.

Franz has been champing at the bit to run for governor and is expected to announce her candidacy soon. Assuming she takes the shot, that will be a fourth statewide elected office without an incumbent seeking re-election next year. A wave of legislators and local officials are suddenly eyeing those four jobs and those who make the move will, thereby, open up their lower level positions to an eager batch of new aspirants. After a period of remarkable stability in state politics, Inslee’s decision has started a chain reaction that will reverberate through all levels of government.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

My briefcase labeled "human trafficking" is raising a lot of questions already answered by my briefcase.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Rupert Murdoch with a "Get Trump" pin. I'm losing my loving mind.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So, the dwarves have finally invaded America.

Light the signal fires. Our salvation now lies with the Elves of Canada.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
This is probably the best comic that Gamble is going to do all year. It's got a clear point, it's got a joke, and the punchline isn't over-written. There are even a couple of interesting little details in it; for instance, one of the smirking racist strawmen has literally stolen the sign marking the U.S. Border and is bringing it in with him. Shame about the art, labels, and opinions, but you can't have everything.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: The Democracy We've Decided You Deserve

Ted Rall posted:

If we had a wide variety of parties and candidates to choose from, it would be credible to say that we the people have the democracy that we deserve. But we don’t.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Problem is all the remotely competent artists are queer furry communists, who also expect to be paid.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: The Democracy We've Decided You Deserve

In Nevada you can vote "None of These Candidates"

And of course you can always vote for a third party candidate.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Bob Gorrell

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

Of course, bear in mind that only minorities and loony lefties have identities and agendas. Me, saying the pledge of allegiance every morning and calling for a police state against my enemies while heiling the white race, that's just called normal. No identity politics for us true Americans here.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

In Nevada you can vote "None of These Candidates"

What happens if that wins

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Then None of These Candidates wins, duh.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pants Donkey posted:

So, the dwarves have finally invaded America.

[wind rose grows louder]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

What happens if that wins

The candidate with the highest number of votes takes office.