Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cable Guy posted:

Tweets from blocked twits will still show up for you if they're embedded, say in this thread. I don't think thats a new post-elon thing. It's been that way for a while. They should be blocked for you if you visit the twitter url or use the app.

The Ublock rule wipes out the embeds too so I never see his dumb tweets unless someone posts a screenshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. Lemon Musk using his mother's account to sock puppet remains pathetic as ever.
https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1652919578941374464?s=20

https://twitter.com/ACherryOnTopNFT/status/1652864286245498880?s=20

jesus christ

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. Lemon Musk using his mother's account to sock puppet remains pathetic as ever.
https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1652919578941374464?s=20

I tried to scroll down far enough below the Musk tweet to find the first non-bluecheck dicksucking response, but my old phone ran out of memory and the browser closed after the first thousand or so

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I legitimately want to vomit

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

dr_rat posted:

I thought grass died off around the world years ago? There's really is still plant life alive in the outside?

There's still "outside"?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Darchangel posted:

There's still "outside"?

Unclear. Could all still be lies.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If you block all the Elon-stans there are maybe two legitimate replies to that interview

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think you'll find those are the noxious trolls who must be banned before they ruin everything.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Now they think he's Neo

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I honestly don’t know if Musk, Maher, or the audience was the worst part of that interview.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Halisnacks posted:

I honestly don’t know if Musk, Maher, or the audience was the worst part of that interview.

Why not both all three?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
It's a bad day when dril notices you

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1653443468633706496

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Heh... He won't!

He's gonna be like Mr House and have Robo-Grimes taking care of him

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

goatface posted:

I don't think he has to sock-puppet. His ma will defend her special little boy against anyone who dares insinuate she birthed and raised an idiot.

berth elon pup?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Haha you snowflakes are so triggered I don't even want to give you the option of telling me how triggered you are

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I haven't deleted my Twitter account but I've stopped using it. Any notable flareup will get reposted a million times on every other site I go to.
Last week I found that I was spending a shitload of time just blocking idiot blue ticks and not having any fun.

The second Elon is out, I will resume shitposting.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That guy firmly believes his cheque for engagement dollars is coming soon.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

*gets pelted by audience with rotten produce*

Look at that engagement! Triggered? :smug:

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

goatface posted:

That guy firmly believes his cheque for engagement dollars is coming soon.

He's just working hard to position himself as the next cat turd

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Escape Goat posted:

*gets pelted by audience with rotten produce*

Look at that engagement! Triggered? :smug:

Tucker is that you?!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

The second Elon is out

lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

dude is literally going to be the last one out when the cops evict him from his nest in the Twitter offices, months after the last server was sold at auction, weeks after the lights and water got cut for nonpayment

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Viewed 2/3 of a million times, liked a couple dozen times

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no he's actively hunting for a new CEO just like he promised he would, i'm sure of it

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Mozi posted:

no he's actively hunting for a new CEO just like he promised he would, i'm sure of it

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1625695877326340102

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

we will see who is the truest Poster when dril finally logs off but Elon has to be dragged out by a four-man squad

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Elon needs to stop telling the dog what to do then

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i choose to believe he's talking about bacteria

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Inzombiac posted:

I haven't deleted my Twitter account but I've stopped using it. Any notable flareup will get reposted a million times on every other site I go to.
Last week I found that I was spending a shitload of time just blocking idiot blue ticks and not having any fun.

This is how the majority of people leave poo poo like Twitter or Facebook. Most will simply stop using it but won't bother deleting their profile because :effort:. They'll just delete the app and call if a day.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Quiet quitting of social media lets facebook claim to have half the world as users.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, once he’s gone it’ll be great! Twitter can return to its halcyon days as the platform that… *checks notes*… got Trump elected!

goatface posted:

Quiet quitting of social media lets facebook claim to have half the world as users.

No, Facebook literally does have something like 3 billion active accounts across its platforms (they may not be de-duplicated across products and represent individual people, but they are active in a given period). This is actually why most SEC reporting for public companies with business models based on audience reach focuses on active users. They don’t report dormant/inactive accounts that don’t engage at all in a given month.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Steadiman posted:

This is how the majority of people leave poo poo like Twitter or Facebook. Most will simply stop using it but won't bother deleting their profile because :effort:. They'll just delete the app and call if a day.

My twitter got suspended a few years ago and it seems I can neither delete it or unsuspend it, which is necessary for deletion.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Really? Wow. I guess the collapse of their membership hasn't happened like people predicted.

I suppose too many enterprises are invested in it.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
WhatsApp and Instagram are huge and have active healthy audience metrics. I think FB classic is struggling though.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

New Twitter annoyance.. people spam these weird chatgpt bots that explain/contextualize the tweet that people summon them to... it's like those download video or thread unroller bots except way more useless

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Strong Sauce posted:

New Twitter annoyance.. people spam these weird chatgpt bots that explain/contextualize the tweet that people summon them to... it's like those download video or thread unroller bots except way more useless

Oh great this is how we get killbots slavering to wipe out humanity

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Halisnacks posted:

Yeah, once he’s gone it’ll be great! Twitter can return to its halcyon days as the platform that… *checks notes*… got Trump elected!

No, Facebook literally does have something like 3 billion active accounts across its platforms (they may not be de-duplicated across products and represent individual people, but they are active in a given period). This is actually why most SEC reporting for public companies with business models based on audience reach focuses on active users. They don’t report dormant/inactive accounts that don’t engage at all in a given month.

I bet facebook is counting tracker pings as activity so they never have dormant users so long as javascript exists

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Did this MFer really try to put an I'm-rubber-you're-glue clause into his pretend TOS tweet for existing on twitter?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i chose to be owned. roflcopter! my memes are strong than urs. maybe you should get a job CODING if you can't affrod a $8 a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

I bet facebook is counting tracker pings as activity so they never have dormant users so long as javascript exists

Of all the lovely things Zuck does, I don’t think manipulating the active audience data is one. Meta owns the most popular social media and messaging platforms of all time. Their concern is not that they aren’t a legitimate behemoth, but that their audience growth is now anaemic (and some of their products are even shrinking in some territories), and that their market share with younger people leaves a lot to be desired.

Also, if he genuinely wanted to inflate the user numbers, then a consequence would be that the revenue per user metric would go down, and investors don’t like that either.