Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/PunishedHavoc/status/1653434735274622977 :cursed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dril is threadbanned

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Just a Moron posted:

C-SPAM > [Musk] Memes made in an attempt to make me look stupid do the reverse

slapping down an Uno reverse card and then proceeding to step on a dozen rakes

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
my checkmark, my choice

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Just a Moron posted:

C-SPAM > [Musk] Memes made in an attempt to make me look stupid do the reverse

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Blue Checks Matter

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mdemone posted:

Here's a cool simulation of the Chicxulub impact tsunami:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcp0JhwNgmE

Blessed

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009

Even if asteroid several miles wide hit the earth it’d be more habitable than loving mars. There would at least be oxygen for crying out loud. These people are so dumb.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

will someone tell these guys that we've been exploring space for over 60+ years
launching rockets in to space is not new technology

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

FacelessVoid posted:

Even if asteroid several miles wide hit the earth it’d be more habitable than loving mars. There would at least be oxygen for crying out loud. These people are so dumb.

https://twitter.com/amescoestate/status/1653161985029160960?s=46&t=c-J7OWymHbNvQekTSNjY-w

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh god is this weird an "Adam and Even Story" believer about cyclical catastrophes?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo lol

https://twitter.com/ChrisTerryATL/status/1653122377239212042?s=20

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
detractors are the greatest threat to our civilization

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

life uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finds a way

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*bursts wheezing into the room*

GANYMEDE

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rip Testes posted:

They are building a Starship launch tower in Florida for the past few years I think. I wonder the current state of construction is, how similar it is to the Texas one and what if any deconstruction/modifications may have to occur in Florida.

It’s okay Elon Musk said they’d just put a giant water cooled steel plate under the launch pad. It’s not like that would just direct the force back up at the engines and gently caress them up or that rocket engines would cause water in a closed system to expand so fast into steam it would become a literal bomb or anything

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
turns out haters were the great filter all along

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

On one hand you have the only know planet, earth, and it’s ecosystem that can sustain human life or you have economic stagnation. Clearly we need to destroy the only environment we know that can sustain our species in order for us to survive through profits, the logic is very clear and sound

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

paranoid randroid posted:

turns out haters were the great filter all along

I'm doing my part to ensure our wretched species never leaves this rock

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
humanity was destroyed in a war between hypebeasts and pocket watchers

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

space nerds get apoplectic when you say things like "if we had the technology to make mars habitable we could just reverse all the damage we've already done to earth. actually it'd be much easier to do that than to make mars habitable" and "you know, setting up a colony on mars isn't like sailing to the new world, which was already super hard and tons and tons of those failed over and over again. i mean at least the new world had things like potable water and breathable air and tillable soil. if you want to set up shop on mars you're going to have to bring all those things. and, like, radiation shielding. at least the americas had an atmosphere."

*me, in my star trek exosuit, landing among the remains of a fallen civilization. i take out my tricorder and frown as it takes readings. i nod as the screen tells me what it always does. yet another glorious civilization laid low by the haters and non-blue check havers. they didn't want to pay the price of a couple cups of coffee or the amount of toilet paper i use every day...so they paid the ultimate price.*

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/ChrisTerryATL/status/1653127503064473605

Its the woke virus, thats the real threat

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Imagine looking at the donkeybrains lemmings clapping at Musk posting right wing memes and thinking they give a gently caress about reason

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Trillhouse posted:

it's clearly established in the movie that drilling is a specialized skill that can't be taught to astronauts before the astroid hits. it makes sense that they'd have real astronauts do all the stuff that requires astronaut skills (flying, landing, docking) and have the already trained drillers do the drilling part. jerry bruckheimer ftw.

Ben Affleck talked about how during shooting he asked Michael Bay wouldn't it be easier to teach astronauts how to drill than teach drillers how to be astronauts and Michael Bay told him to shut the gently caress up.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Five thousand years in the future an alien explorer shakes their head sadly. "They fumbled the bag."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
you would think a kid would change his tune about destroying the earth but I guess he thinks chris terry jr will be allowed on the first ship to irradiated wasteland Mars to grow and thrive before they realize they forgot to bring water

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Wow I'd hate to live in a world where reason isn't valued so we'd better kill the planet so some pervert's scam rocket can waste a ton of resources in order to steal from the government

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Five thousand years in the future an alien explorer shakes their head sadly. "They fumbled the bag."

I love the idea of Radar finding the Webb telescope at L2 a million years from now and thinking "what....the gently caress.....happened here."

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

All the apes gone

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the only thing studier than space is space nerds

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Elias_Maluco posted:

All the apes gone

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Still gets me so goddamn mad that the news will act like Elon is for the environment while he blows up rockets and takes private jets to skip traffic in town and the flights can take just as long as just driving

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Oh boy getting some real gems in the promoted tweets https://twitter.com/mrTharb/status/1647015503968317441 i do not need any tharb in my feed tyvm

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

moist turtleneck posted:

Still gets me so goddamn mad that the news will act like Elon is for the environment while he blows up rockets and takes private jets to skip traffic in town and the flights can take just as long as just driving

"everyone on earth buys brand new $50k+ electric cars" is how every boomer thinks we'll avoid a climate catastrophe

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

All the apes gone

you maniacs!

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

It's p. cool that I've never seen a tweet with 'show more' where I was actually like 'yeah please show me more of this'

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

literally the Muslim Dark Ages meme

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
scrolling through some real estate listings (lmao, like I'll ever be able to own a home) and this pic made me stop dead in my tracks and close the tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

“accurate representation of science progress” Y axis is some galaxy brain poo poo :laffo: trust me it’s accurate, no I won’t put any units of measure