Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's no need to fight or talk about wrestling. watch fighting and wrestling instead on Sudden IMPact from the Imp Zone Wrestling Federation, starting in just 15 minutes!

https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I would also like 25 million a year

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I can't figure out why the grizzlies are trashing brooks publicly like this. There's something we're missing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

dokmo posted:

I can't figure out why the grizzlies are trashing brooks publicly like this. There's something we're missing.

yeah it's wild lol.

They must haaaaate that dude

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

dokmo posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisHerrington/status/1653516147323543553

E: Ok, who's the dumbfuck who needs voting credentials revoked? :lol:

https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1653542715328729088

anakha fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 3, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

There is no way someone like Shams doesn’t tweet something without the exact wording approved by his source. It’s literally his livelihood to parrot what he’s told. This isn’t some award winning investigative journalist, he exists to further someone’s agenda

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Although saying that remember when Shams broke the news Trump got Covid

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I bet in 10 years the people who weren't around for all the ~discourse~ will probably be puzzled why Jokic didn't win

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Embiid's season was good enough where people might say Joker should have won but not that it was some grave miscarriage of justice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Even if I know Rose was entirely narrative driven, his stats are pretty sad to look at

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Dexo posted:

Embiid's season was good enough where people might say Joker should have won but not that it was some grave miscarriage of justice.

I just think without the context of the season/narrative stuff it will seem more likely that Jokic was deserving.

Unless the next few years play out and Embiid dominates, of course.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean Embiid was the scoring leader, played elite defense and had a ton of dominant games.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Even if I know Rose was entirely narrative driven, his stats are pretty sad to look at

So a while back I made a spreadsheet to track every MVP in the 3pt Era and see what was most predictive of the MVP, tracking PER, WS, WS/48, BPM, and VORP. I had other stuff there but it was less predictive. There's also team rank (as in, overall team record rank).

As you can expect, team rank's become less important over the years - Nash was the first guy since Michael in 88 who wasn't on a top 2 team. Meanwhile the leader in PER and WS/48 has won almost all of the MVPs since Kobe's.

If you average their ranks in advanced stats, Rose is one of the "worst" MVPs, along with the Nash MVPs, AI, and Kobe's.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Oh no a guy who averaged 33/10/4 got the MVP how scandalous

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah this isn’t outrage worthy. This isn’t Nash winning or anything like that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I, as a Knicks fan, wonder how Brunson failed to garner 50 first place votes

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I also think that the Nuggets/Jokic slowing down at the end of the season opened the door for Embiid.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Once the Mavs lose Luka and go completely to poo poo I am going to become a fan of only Buddy Hield

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I also think that the Nuggets/Jokic slowing down at the end of the season opened the door for Embiid.

Yeah people forget how bad the Nuggets were to close the season out. They invited a lot of the doubt that anyone had for them.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wjat if harden just plays like old harden for 3 games in a row? I think the celtics could win 2 if they force worse performances from phi role players. Celtics were really out of it for some raisin.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

i am a moron posted:

Oh no a guy who averaged 33/10/4 got the MVP how scandalous

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah this isn’t outrage worthy. This isn’t Nash winning or anything like that

I didn't say it's a scandal and I'm not outraged. What made you think that?

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Rick posted:

Yeah people forget how bad the Nuggets were to close the season out. They invited a lot of the doubt that anyone had for them.

This is definitely part of the context that'll be missed. Lots of people seemingly changed their votes week by week based on whatever performance just happened.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Sorry I wasnt responding to you directly just the idea of the sentiment

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Collage of Steph's 20 FGs from Game 7:

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 3, 2023

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

i am a moron posted:

Sorry I wasnt responding to you directly just the idea of the sentiment

it's fine, no worries

some people just like to dunk on people rather than talk to them because they think everything is twitter and I get annoyed

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vox Nihili posted:

Collage of Steph's 20 FGs from Gane 7:

That's art.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

jackofarcades posted:

it's fine, no worries

some people just like to dunk on people rather than talk to them because they think everything is twitter and I get annoyed

Nah I mean… this has to be the same thing that led to the Rose MVP. One part narrative, one part voter exhaustion. Doesn’t feel as egregious

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

i am a moron posted:

Nah I mean… this has to be the same thing that led to the Rose MVP. One part narrative, one part voter exhaustion. Doesn’t feel as egregious

It's not a big mistake, it might not even be really a mistake, it was just wild a lot of people were like "well we gotta give him one."

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Go Nuggs!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Uh

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Celtics were really out of it for some raisin.

Hell yeah I’m out here for some raisins too bro

lol ok our work wifi is bung

MystOpportunity
Jun 27, 2004

Rick posted:

Is it not true MVP behavior to lead an intentional relax-period (w #1 seed secured) so your injury-free team has the energy win it all?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

i am a moron posted:

I think sentiment has the potential to swing in the "it was egregious" direction if the Nuggets win the championship.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

now that embiid won an mvp over jokic, it is time for euphronius to come back to SAS

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

I mean Embiid was the scoring leader, played elite defense and had a ton of dominant games.

For some definitions of scoring leader :smug:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Dejan Bimble posted:

Wjat if harden just plays like old harden for 3 games in a row? I think the celtics could win 2 if they force worse performances from phi role players. Celtics were really out of it for some raisin.

He's gonna play like old harden all right. Elderly even

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Salvor_Hardin posted:

For some definitions of scoring leader :smug:

imo that should be how scoring champ is decided.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Let this be known that nobody beats the Knicks full squad playing 35+ minutes with their backups

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Doltos posted:

Let this be known that nobody beats the Knicks full squad playing 35+ minutes with their backups

It truly was a game of basketball

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
LAKERS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
LAKERS?