Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Where do you get Inert Salsetto spheres/ropes from? I have a feeling that it's World 6, because I haven't run across any so far in ones I've cleared. The Tier List guides all keep suggesting that for various characters as their jewelry relic set.

Got my first couple of gold drops among those, though getting the right combo of type / damage enhance will be a task.

I ran an Abundance run on World 5 just now on its own, with a couple of stragglers from Nihility sneaking in, and won. It was a little bit of a near thing at the end, as her later form started hitting harder and snuck in a Domination while my resonance was still charging right at the end, but it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ibblebibble posted:

Are there any good harmony LCs to look out for for Tingyun? ATM I just have a 4* one that boosts atk for characters of the same element which would be nice in an experimental Tingyun + Serval team but not very relevant to my current Clara team, and a 3* one that's just a simple speed boost for X turns after start of fight.

Kinda tempted to get the harmony LC off the BP even if it is a bit mid.

3 star chorus or meshing cogs?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

MechaX posted:

I dunno about going full open wallet on this though, seems dangerous (this is still my first serious gacha attempt for the most part)

"Full open wallet" is a very bad idea -- the value per dollar is extremely low (as it is in Genshin). It's literally hundreds of dollars to guarantee a single copy of a 5* character.

The $5 monthly pass is a pretty decent value, on the other hand. It gives you a little under 20 extra rolls per month. It's not a subscription either, which I really appreciate -- just a one time $5 purchase that you can renew if you feel like it.

Spending money is not remotely required to enjoy the game, though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tae posted:

3 star chorus or meshing cogs?

Yknow I probably should have looked for other 3* LCs but I think I burnt them all on upgrading other LCs.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

MechaX posted:

Been playing on and off at a slow pace (just hit a quest wall that wants me to be at Trailblazer level 15 and I'm 13), been feeding tickets to the Seele banner and got mostly trash + two Natashas

i guess i'll keep feeding the thing tickets but I'm still having a good time so far with the game

I dunno about going full open wallet on this though, seems dangerous (this is still my first serious gacha attempt for the most part)

I've wasted money on gacha before and I ended up regretting it. I would not pay for anything beyond the $5 daily login bonus and the $10 Nameless Honor thing once you've hit 50 in it. If you lose 50/50 it's a combined 180 wishes to 100% guarantee a character and that's in the neighborhood of $200 and only gets more expensive once you've used up the 2x currency bonuses. The game is 100% intended to entice whales. It's very difficult to responsibly spend money in gacha games once you've built a habit and that's by design.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a place where my current pity progress is listed or am I supposed to just keep track myself or counting the records page by page?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I played every day in genshin because I liked it, and paid for just Welkin on like 80% of the time. I have most of the 5 stars I want (which is basically missing 6-8 at this point).

If HSR is like Genshin, you will average 50-ish rolls every patch with Welkin and in the long run, get everyone you want.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Revitalized posted:

Is there a place where my current pity progress is listed or am I supposed to just keep track myself or counting the records page by page?

Keep track of it yourself.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There's a site that reads your in-game pull history and collates the data for you that I don't happen to have the link to ATM.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm already at the point that I don't want more characters, I want dupes. I pulled Sushang earlier today and my reaction was "ugh, I don't want to go through the hassle of leveling her".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ibblebibble posted:

There's a site that reads your in-game pull history and collates the data for you that I don't happen to have the link to ATM.

https://starrailstation.com/en/warp

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

1stGear posted:

I'm already at the point that I don't want more characters, I want dupes. I pulled Sushang earlier today and my reaction was "ugh, I don't want to go through the hassle of leveling her".
Understandable but, I just became aware of how absurd Sushang's dpr is today and, that's the one character I'm gonna say you should level.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like in the long run you'll want a Hunt character of every element anyway. With the way fights are designed right now, it's kind of the best class?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

homeless snail posted:

Understandable but, I just became aware of how absurd Sushang's dpr is today and, that's the one character I'm gonna say you should level.

All I needed was seeing her Phoenix ultimate in the trial fights to know she's on a shortlist of "at least gonna poke this one if I pull them"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

beat World 3 with Sushang and Path of Destruction, gently caress that poo poo lol

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Still stuck on that world 6 boss. Made it to phase 3 once but drat. The rng is kinda hosed now with so many more paths unlocked.

Also in case anyone was wondering I got an enrage timer on one of the mini bosses, was full abundance but had no damage and was just auto battling him down extremely slowly

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I'm glad complaining works. Now I've got a hook, pela, qingque, and shushang to play with. …all of which came from the standard banner except qingque. Rate up total bullshit, as usual.

Too bad they'll have to wait forever, because that stamina item seems rare as hell and I should probably save that for later (and never use it).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Zenostein posted:

I'm glad complaining works. Now I've got a hook, pela, qingque, and shushang to play with. …all of which came from the standard banner except qingque. Rate up total bullshit, as usual.

Too bad they'll have to wait forever, because that stamina item seems rare as hell and I should probably save that for later (and never use it).

If it's anything like genshin it's fine to use them just be a bit smart about it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's good to use the fuel in moderation but hoarding it just means yeah you'll have more to use at higher ranks but you'll take days and days more to reach that point. I've made liberal use of my fuels for stuff like SU and some boss grinding and I'm about to hit 40 tomorrow, just got 1k rep left. Would rather be this close than languishing in EL2 for another week.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the worst genshin advice was to horde your original resin. I see even less of a reason to do it in this game

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just realized that 5 star characters require more level up material for their traces than 4 star characters. gently caress

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I hope that at the end of the Space China storyline when we unlock MC's Hunt form that our specialty weapon is a gun.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

i feel like it's a bit unfair to find that in the Dunn challenge, the 8 turns are accumulated for the whole area and not just the regular soldiers.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

1stGear posted:

this is very funny because the games like a week old. just take some time off or something lol

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've been taking the game glacially slow. I only just now hit a roadblock on the main story in ice world where I gotta be Trailblazer Level 24 to continue.

Gave World 2 in SU a try with my main party at 30 and it all went pretty well until the final boss wrecked my day, just for Herta to go "hey was that hard lol try skill points nerd". Thanks Herta.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yea for some reason it seems like they want you to fail the first time at world 2, i guess to teach you how losing in it works before the floors get even bigger

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I hope that at the end of the Space China storyline when we unlock MC's Hunt form that our specialty weapon is a gun.

I wonder what element we will be.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I wonder what element we will be.

I'm not sure if the Mara enemies have the same elemental theme that the ice guys do, but looking at common vulnerabilities I'm thinking either lightning or quantum.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lightning feels very "Hunt" to me, but it's not like fire feels very tanky, intuitively.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tatsuta Age posted:

this is very funny because the games like a week old. just take some time off or something lol

I've only put as much time into the game as I have because I can play it pretty easily at work. I just got lucky with pulls and would rather get Eidolons for improving the characters I have rather than have more characters loaded on to my plate as I hit the Grind.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wind feels the most thematic to the Hunt which is why they're probably going to blindside us with Imaginary or something.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Wind feels the most thematic to the Hunt which is why they're probably going to blindside us with Imaginary or something.

I mean, doubt they're gonna double up with Dan Heng

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hmm.

Do they ever actually explain why immortality seeking is bad in the China ship? Like, obviously the secret society advocating for people to become immortal is bad, they're clearly connected to the zombie virus, but even as soon as we show up they're like 'sure hope you aren't trying to be immortal!' and you can respond with 'of course I am not trying to become immortal I know that is the worst crime ever here'. Is this a cultural thing I'm supposed to just get, did I miss some dialogue somewhere?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean, doubt they're gonna double up with Dan Heng

March and Gepard are already doubling up for some reason.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sure but only of them is free

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Hmm.

Do they ever actually explain why immortality seeking is bad in the China ship? Like, obviously the secret society advocating for people to become immortal is bad, they're clearly connected to the zombie virus, but even as soon as we show up they're like 'sure hope you aren't trying to be immortal!' and you can respond with 'of course I am not trying to become immortal I know that is the worst crime ever here'. Is this a cultural thing I'm supposed to just get, did I miss some dialogue somewhere?

It's mentioned in the main plot. As a culture, they did actually achieve immortality with a gift from the Abundance, but apparently felt that it was a curse for some reason and have now sworn to hunt down and kill the Abundance (and therefore aligned themselves with the Hunt). So it's not some abstract "seeking immortality is bad" and rather a more concrete "we got immortality and it sucked; now we want to murder the very concept of it."

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

It's mentioned in the main plot. As a culture, they did actually achieve immortality with a gift from the Abundance, but apparently felt that it was a curse for some reason and have now sworn to hunt down and kill the Abundance (and therefore aligned themselves with the Hunt). So it's not some abstract "seeking immortality is bad" and rather a more concrete "we got immortality and it sucked."

Ah, ok.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For example one reason that gets called out is that they have these worldships and keep moving around because a bunch of immortals or close-enough long lived creatures would overwhelm the ecology of any planet they settled on.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It's easier to write than the alternative, but I kinda appreciate that when we meet the rebel leader we can flat-out lie to her about what happened. "Oh yeah I took that obvious poison but it didn't work because I'm a super awesome guy." They don't have to set a flag, and I can make my own story to fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Ibblebibble posted:

Trailblazer is just gonna end up being Luger from Xillia 2 by the end of this thing aren't they?