Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I slam 'QTE/mashing off' in any game that allows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

10 Beers posted:

I shamelessly have the "automatically win button mashing parts" turned on.

oh poo poo, didnt realize that was an option. def turning that on

hate button mashing qtes and its such a relief when you can skip them

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Almost kinda wish Survivor had the FromSoft ghost/message system, but with Star Wars slang

Imagine all the notes saying MACKLUNKY around Fort Kah'lin

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just GONKs everywhere, far as the eye can see

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been reminded of by far the biggest thing that makes this game (and Fallen Order) easier - getting more stims. I now have 4 stims, and it makes surviving until the next meditation point far easier.

Stoatbringer posted:

Game stats:
Killed by enemies: 53
Killed by falling: 73,249

I shamelessly turned off fall damage lol. This game has quite a few situations where I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to jump on something, so it's nice to be able to freely experiment.

Asteroid Alert posted:

HDR is still screwed up.

I don't know if this is new on PC, but since the patch HDR is making Cal frequently turn bright red, with his hair in particularly looking like it's glowing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just GONKs everywhere, far as the eye can see

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ytlaya posted:

I've been reminded of by far the biggest thing that makes this game (and Fallen Order) easier - getting more stims. I now have 4 stims, and it makes surviving until the next meditation point far easier.

I shamelessly turned off fall damage lol. This game has quite a few situations where I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to jump on something, so it's nice to be able to freely experiment.

I don't know if this is new on PC, but since the patch HDR is making Cal frequently turn bright red, with his hair in particularly looking like it's glowing.

The first game had 10. So far I've found 11 in Survivor, and there' s a perk that gives you an extra one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:stwoon:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Why is there no pompadour hairdo.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Asteroid Alert posted:

Unfortunately the patch didn't do a lot in regards to performance.

Did it at least fix the god awful screen tearing? I can deal with some FPS drops but the screen tearing is absolutely miserable.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

The first game had 10. So far I've found 11 in Survivor, and there' s a perk that gives you an extra one.

I'm very early on and only have 4, but I got 2 of those very recently, which suddenly almost doubled my survivability.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

DLC where you play as a Gonk Droid.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Didn't expect to be hyped up for the eventual conclusion of this story in 4 years. Cal is cool in this game and I like that you can make him cooler by dressing him up like Rambo and shooting a gun at people.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

oh poo poo, didnt realize that was an option. def turning that on

hate button mashing qtes and its such a relief when you can skip them

Yep! Also shamelessly, after a few annoying losses to spawn of Oggdo I said "Nope!," set ithe difficulty to story mode, killed the hell out of it, set the difficulty back and went along my merry way.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

So...spoilers for a mid game boss. The cutscene went a little wonky for me.

Is this a warrior's death?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfB9QXngMG8

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

AccountSupervisor posted:

Did it at least fix the god awful screen tearing? I can deal with some FPS drops but the screen tearing is absolutely miserable.

Turn on V-Sync.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Turn on V-Sync.

I don't think console has a vsync option.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Any improvement on performance with the PS5 patch?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
If you have the mullet on and do the cross guard dropkick you get the "Roadhouse" achievement lmao

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hell yeah the game just introduced objectively the coolest battle droids in the entire series as a new enemy type

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yates posted:

So...spoilers for a mid game boss. The cutscene went a little wonky for me.

Is this a warrior's death?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfB9QXngMG8

lmao. At first it was like, oh yeah that's a bit weird. At the end tho.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

If you have the mullet on and do the cross guard dropkick you get the "Roadhouse" achievement lmao

Try buying and putting on the headband option, then attacking the stormtrooper training dummy you learned blast style on.

SirSamVimes posted:

Hell yeah the game just introduced objectively the coolest battle droids in the entire series as a new enemy type

You mean the droidekkas? Yeah, they're pretty fun to fight without being BS. Though amusingly enough, I found them particularly useful in that holotactics sidegame where they tend to just slaughter everything viciously.

Finally found my first persistent bug on PC despite hours of playing fine; drat Jedi temple in the swamp keeps crashing when I'm trying to draw a long line of koboh up to finish the last bit. Anybody know if there are any graphics options to try turning off that might affect it, considering it seems like having too much koboh burning on screen at once might be doing it?

Also, a general tip since I don't know how you're supposed to find out otherwise, after the second Jedha visit and the pass through green forcefields upgrade, it's worth going to Mountain Ascent on Koboh and working through that whole area, there's an apparently optional upgrade to let BD shoot electro darts that affects those sparking electrical generator things, which unlocks so much stuff I'm kind of annoyed they made getting it require wandering around to a completely off-story area to do it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You will get the electric box upgrade on the critical path. You can get it early by doing a portion of the mountain ascent, but you'll have to go there later anyway (you also get the balloon bouncing upgrade up there during a main mission). It's worth getting the electric upgrade early so you can open more stuff though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MadDogMike posted:

You mean the droidekkas? Yeah, they're pretty fun to fight without being BS. Though amusingly enough, I found them particularly useful in that holotactics sidegame where they tend to just slaughter everything viciously.

Hell yeah they rule

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Aw, I just found an echo from Turgle about being sad and alone because nobody likes him. :smith:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Did I miss this or something at the end of the story (conclusion spoiler do not read!):

I thought Cal blasted Bode in cold blood while the daughter was watching. After this they're like "should we tell her what happened" or something and the kid's just ok with hanging out with this dude that rocked up and blasted her dad in the chest. Seems kind of hand wavey to me idk. Did she watch on when it happened or did I not watch the scene properly?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I did a quick Wookieepedia check and realized Rayvis is the same species as Durge from the 2d Clone Wars cartoon neat!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JBP posted:

Did I miss this or something at the end of the story (conclusion spoiler do not read!):

I thought Cal blasted Bode in cold blood while the daughter was watching. After this they're like "should we tell her what happened" or something and the kid's just ok with hanging out with this dude that rocked up and blasted her dad in the chest. Seems kind of hand wavey to me idk. Did she watch on when it happened or did I not watch the scene properly?

I mean the kid was there and on their side when they kept begging Bode to stand down, including after he was defeated, and she saw him about to murder Merrin who she took a quick liking to. She's not happy about it but I don't think Cal is who she blames considering that as far as she's aware he kept trying to save the dude and he kept trying to murder everyone there. Plus she got basically instantly adopted into the family which probably helps mollify bad feelings even for a kid.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
JBP - I think she could see Cal & Merrin really tried to talk him down but he still went ham on them then spurned his final chance. It sucks for the kid but she seemed to know/understand that her mom's death changed him for the worse.

He nearly killed Merrin and he punched BD. Anyone would give up on the guy after that.

Clocked it, loved it. Kinda surprised how much easier it was (I don't dare to presume I've gotten any better since Fallen Order). Malicos and Final Trilla kicked my rear end 7 ways sideways for ages whereas this time no one took me more than 3 attempts other than the one guy you would fully hope and expect to be a complete nightmare. And even then, I think 5th time was the charm.

Then again, I did completely peace out on the dual Oggdos because life is too short for that poo poo.

Glad all the worries in the months leading up to release over whether or not Merrin would have much of a role turned out to be completely unfounded, she's Best Girl and MVP, and while it's Cal's trilogy I really want a game doing Space Witch portal stabbings. Was totally unprepared for how charming pretty much the entire cast was, all those weirdos hanging around Greez' bar were wonderful. Plus the Battle Droids banter was precious and wonderful and god bless those dumb bastards.

Er, the credits are still rolling and Boba Fett is listed among the cast??? Maybe I should have talked to Caij more.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the kid was there and on their side when they kept begging Bode to stand down, including after he was defeated, and she saw him about to murder Merrin who she took a quick liking to. She's not happy about it but I don't think Cal is who she blames considering that as far as she's aware he kept trying to save the dude and he kept trying to murder everyone there. Plus she got basically instantly adopted into the family which probably helps mollify bad feelings even for a kid.

Yeah I agree with both posts re this but this kid's going to have nightmares about Cal shooting dad in the heart and it's going to be a problem.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Pops Mgee posted:

I did a quick Wookieepedia check and realized Rayvis is the same species as Durge from the 2d Clone Wars cartoon neat!

I know right? I didn't realise until the boss fight when he started doing that poo poo, it reminded me of that old episode with that freaky fucker and the penny dropped he was another one of those.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JBP posted:

Yeah I agree with both posts re this but this kid's going to have nightmares about Cal shooting dad in the heart and it's going to be a problem.

Pretty sure that is why Force Ghost Cere showed up to go "FYI, uh, keep an eye on the kid"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The update on consoles reverts the game to quality mode. So when you start it up again make sure to set it back to performance.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I dunno if it's a coincidence, but I've been seeing more noticeable graphical bugs on PS5 since the patch installed today. Some screen tearing, more noticeable slow loading textures, and most prominently, bits of the interface like button prompts getting stuck overlaid onscreen pretty frequently in photo mode. The textures were the only thing I was consistently noticing before now.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Shout-out to my guy Rick the Door Technician lmao

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IMO it's hosed up that Cal pressures/guilts Greez into going on a dangerous adventure.

For some reason there are a lot of attacks I just can't figure out the parry timing for. Is it maybe impossible to parry quick attacks that are back to back? During the (presumably first) fight with the old Jedi guyI was never able to reliably parry all the this in his combo, despite many tries. Maybe the only option for those is to just block or dodge?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno if it's a coincidence, but I've been seeing more noticeable graphical bugs on PS5 since the patch installed today. Some screen tearing, more noticeable slow loading textures, and most prominently, bits of the interface like button prompts getting stuck overlaid onscreen pretty frequently in photo mode. The textures were the only thing I was consistently noticing before now.

Not just you, the patch arguably made the game worse. :/ respawn please, Jedi Survivor is amazing, fix these technical problems, this game is so good otherwise. :(

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
You know you’ve got a true friend when Merrin just stands there kicking sand and not offering to lend a hand while you spend 10 minutes trying to connect to the stupid tiny success zone on a wall run to jump gap so you can grab a treasure. :argh:

“Impressive. It doesn’t look damaged.”

What? My ego?!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Not just you, the patch arguably made the game worse. :/ respawn please, Jedi Survivor is amazing, fix these technical problems, this game is so good otherwise. :(

I'm probably going to collect the bullshit I missed in post game then leave the game for a while and play NG+ when it's fixed just blitzing the story again. See how it feels without breaking the pace and also not have the tech problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

NeurosisHead posted:

Shout-out to my guy Rick the Door Technician lmao

( ̄ー ̄)ゞ