Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Miorine/Suletta > Miorine/Prospera talk alone would've made this the best episode to date, but then we had everything around Bel and it was also so good. I love how the series until this point had treated Bel completely sympathetically and El5n as an rear end in a top hat only in it for himself and then made it clear that no, we're not meant to take Bel's side here, Bel has committed horrible crimes against humanity on a bunch of teenagers and El5n is one of her victims, regardless of how they may act otherwise, Bel is still no less a terrible person than Prospera, she's only a lot less direct about it.
Nothing has been done to convince me that El5n wouldn't have done the exact same in Bel's position, he'd just have done it with zero remorse. It's not that he has no point here, or that Bel has the moral high ground, but his anger is way more about being on the receiving end of someone having done whatever it takes to survive. As despicable as they are, I don't think the Peil quartet is off the mark about his personality, he just hasn't quite been in a position of strength yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Be_Go_ichi/status/1652654904090189826?s=20

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hogama posted:

Nothing has been done to convince me that El5n wouldn't have done the exact same in Bel's position, he'd just have done it with zero remorse. It's not that he has no point here, or that Bel has the moral high ground, but his anger is way more about being on the receiving end of someone having done whatever it takes to survive. As despicable as they are, I don't think the Peil quartet is off the mark about his personality, he just hasn't quite been in a position of strength yet.

i think he probably would have done worse. but also he knew from the start what belmeria was responsible for, he only got mad because she started trying to talk like it didn't make her a monster. all's well and good if you're playing on the side of evil, but if you think you're the good guy that means the moral highground is suddenly important, and boy does belmeria not have that

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 2, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The outcome is probably gonna be driving Belmeria into Prospera's schemes after all, because there's nowhere else to turn.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
https://twitter.com/Deve_Dy/status/1653155269398994946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6PwlboRQFI
e: mods just embed "Ninmu Suiko" from the "Operation 1" of the New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Original Soundtrack on every page of this thread, thanks

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 2, 2023

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
I want you to hear it too - the cheers and applause of our fellow students: "It's my birthday tomorrow... I hope you'll be make it to the party...." They're whispering it in my ear, even as we speak.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

https://twitter.com/Deve_Dy/status/1653155269398994946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6PwlboRQFI
e: mods just embed "Ninmu Suiko" from the "Operation 1" of the New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Original Soundtrack on every page of this thread, thanks

fantastic

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Once this show has run its course I fully expect someone to go through it with a fine-tooth comb looking for references, with the end result looking like the Pepe Silvia meme.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Life goals is to have a wife that would avenge me like Prospera will for Nadim.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Gripweed posted:

No, I think that's the foreshadowing. They didn't say Belmeria is doing full brain replacements, just that she's doing parts of the nervous system. Nobody mentioned full on robot brain, but the groundwork has been laid that it's possible.

Suletta is a robot.

Ranzear posted:

New hot theory: Eri got sick or something and was permanently uploaded into the Aerial. Suletta is actually an android that she inhabits remotely, like the ultimate version of the sorts of prosthesis already demonstrated.

:smug:

Referring to them as separate daughters kinda rules out mindclone stuff, but now I need to check up if Prospera refers to two or just plural daughters.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ranzear posted:

:smug:

Referring to them as separate daughters kinda rules out mindclone stuff, but now I need to check up if Prospera refers to two or just plural daughters.

She doesn't. It's "Her Daughter" for Eri and "That Girl" whenever discussing Suletta.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought she says "I'm very proud of my daughters" during her chat with Bel in episode 11.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Arc Hammer posted:

I thought she says "I'm very proud of my daughters" during her chat with Bel in episode 11.

Could still be talking about just Aerial, given all the copies of Aerial/Eri making up the bits.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kokoro Wish posted:

Could still be talking about just Aerial, given all the copies of Aerial/Eri making up the bits.

Eh, I think she's talking about Eri and Suletta. When she's in public or talking to most people, she'll refer to Suletta as her daughter, she only drops the pretense when she's in private.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://twitter.com/mobilesuitmia/status/1652986706327470080

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah, musume-tachi IIRC musume being daughter and tachi indicating it's part of a group

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/_arneys/status/1653375289454649344?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arc Hammer posted:

It's in Episode 12 we get her speaking earnestly about Suletta and remarking about her as "That Girl", iirc

marumaru
May 20, 2013

what i really want to know is
why does she wear the mask

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If I take that mask off will you die?

It would be extremely painful.

You're a big girl.

For you.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Arc Hammer posted:

If I take that mask off will you die?

It would be extremely painful.

You're a big girl.

For you.

or perhaps she's wondering why someone would shoot a person before smashing them with a Gundam?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Question because I'm a dummy. When I'm watching the dub on CR, it defaults to no subtitles, but this also means that none of the location texts are translated onscreen (i.e. a text popup that says "Benerit Group Headquarters" in English pasted over the japanese text). I havent actually checked since im at work but if I put the subtitles back on for G Witch while watching dubbed will it also apply the English text over location names like it does in the sub?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

marumaru posted:

what i really want to know is
In episode 2 (I think?) she showed that council she was "maimed in a mining accident" in limbs and face, and took of her arm prosthetic to give an example of it.
Mask-Trope aside it's part of her story/cover.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

marumaru posted:

she is A CHAR

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Question because I'm a dummy. When I'm watching the dub on CR, it defaults to no subtitles, but this also means that none of the location texts are translated onscreen (i.e. a text popup that says "Benerit Group Headquarters" in English pasted over the japanese text). I havent actually checked since im at work but if I put the subtitles back on for G Witch while watching dubbed will it also apply the English text over location names like it does in the sub?

what it will do is: literally nothing

you won't even get the subs out of it it's so dumb

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ninjewtsu posted:

what it will do is: literally nothing

you won't even get the subs out of it it's so dumb

Well that's dumb. And I thought Netflix using dub subtitles for the subbed episodes of Jojo was stupid.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hulu is the only loving streaming site that will let me have the coveted "dubs and subs" experience

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DxkiPVxsE4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have they released a full version of the ED yet anywhere?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's on Youtube, Spotify, probably elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9lZNgbOL5c

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.
Just had a thought about Prospera and Suletta's “If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two” mantra.

I feel like we're gonna get a flashback of Prospera using this as a mantra for her daughters. If she ran, she'd only gain Suletta. If she moved forward with heinous war crime experiments, she'd gain Suletta and Eri. And then end of series Suletta is gonna spin this around in a moment of saving both Miorine (run and gain one) and Prospera (move forward and gain two).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

roobots posted:

Just had a thought about Prospera and Suletta's “If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two” mantra.

I feel like we're gonna get a flashback of Prospera using this as a mantra for her daughters. If she ran, she'd only gain Suletta. If she moved forward with heinous war crime experiments, she'd gain Suletta and Eri. And then end of series Suletta is gonna spin this around in a moment of saving both Miorine (run and gain one) and Prospera (move forward and gain two).

I like it. I think it's way too optimistic for this show, but I do really like it :shobon:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Meowywitch posted:

I like it. I think it's way too optimistic for this show, but I do really like it :shobon:

Well, the play had a happy ending at least, so we can only hope.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
El5n is going to swap places with Elan permanently, Suletta and Miorine will retire to a lakeside cottage and grow tomatoes together, and the final shot of the show will be Chuchu crying alone in the rain.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This was a good episode. I am glad El5n is still alive for now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hellioning posted:

This was a good episode. I am glad El5n is still alive for now.

I think Elan 5 has now been around longer than Elan 4.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think Elan 5 has now been around longer than Elan 4.

Elan 5 showed up for the first time in episode 10, which gives him 7 episodes. Meanwhile, Elan IV died in episode 6. So, yeah. Math adds up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cephas posted:

El5n is going to swap places with Elan permanently, Suletta and Miorine will retire to a lakeside cottage and grow tomatoes together, and the final shot of the show will be Chuchu crying alone in the rain.

Chuchu needs to get a punch in that rivals or surpasses the one in the first season at some point.

Or maybe a kick for variety.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I really enjoy El5n. 4 was okay but too much of a sadboy, 5 is fully here for the bullshit as long as he doesn't get the axe. He's fun, I'm eager to see what kind of poo poo he gets into. I'm fully prepared to eat my words in five episodes when he proves to be a tremendous douchebag.

Cephas posted:

Chuchu crying alone in the rain.

Get the gently caress out of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

4 was fine but then he died and that made him great