Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
went looking for a thing about the ted lasso rewrites and what the gently caress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Sudeikis#Personal_life

quote:

Sudeikis' process server publicly served Wilde with court documents regarding child custody while she was on stage presenting her film Don't Worry Darling at CinemaCon 2022."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Nuclear Spoon posted:

went looking for a thing about the ted lasso rewrites and what the gently caress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Sudeikis#Personal_life

IANAL (but work for a law firm), and he would have absolutely zero to do with where she got served. You hire a process server in a "serve this person" capacity, not a "serve her on stage to publically humiliate them" one.

And generally speaking, if you have to get served in such a public place, you've done a good job ducking previous attempts.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm not particularly bothered by Nate's turn this season. A large part of the show is each character being on their own journey. Nate had an angry meltdown caused by his own feelings of inadequacy, and now with the benefit of some time and distance is realizing he acted poorly. I think he's also noticing that the confidence and people skills he learned from Ted are serving him much better than the money and self-loathing that he gets from Rupert.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I'm not particularly bothered by Nate's turn this season. A large part of the show is each character being on their own journey. Nate had an angry meltdown caused by his own feelings of inadequacy, and now with the benefit of some time and distance is realizing he acted poorly. I think he's also noticing that the confidence and people skills he learned from Ted are serving him much better than the money and self-loathing that he gets from Rupert.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is he, though?

My problem with how he's being treated right now is that I don't recall there being a moment of self-reflection from him. Just entitlement.

It's why I'm still convinced if fate hadn't intervened to crush his gift that gal would've realized what a creep he is, and that this will pay off later.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

LividLiquid posted:

My problem with how he's being treated right now is that I don't recall there being a moment of self-reflection from him.

That was happening a couple episodes ago. He was already starting to realize how lovely it felt to treat Ted like an enemy. The only reason he didn't have a complete about face at that moment is because Rupert was still gaslighting him hardcore.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I must be getting a bit slow in my old age, I'm only now connecting Rebecca's monologue about Rupert showering her with gifts and hows he's treating Nate.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Who's gonna get to buy a castle this time I wonder.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

That was happening a couple episodes ago. He was already starting to realize how lovely it felt to treat Ted like an enemy. The only reason he didn't have a complete about face at that moment is because Rupert was still gaslighting him hardcore.

Yeah, I also feel like if anything the s2 finale did too thorough a job of painting Nate as a bad guy, s3's vibe so far has been to kind of walk that back a bit and show that Nate is still really insecure but ultimately an okay guy. He's not going to go from being a meek and well meaning guy with some anger issues straight to unrepentantly kicking puppies or anything, he just misplaced his anger at Ted and is already obviously conflicted about that.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Nate storyline would be more palatable if the dude was a more interesting actor. The role isn’t great but he also plays it like a cartoon character.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Loving Roy this season

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
He did so love the strings + dicks exercise.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I thought Jack was the VC investor not Keeley's boss. Granted recent real world events have blurred the line between the two

I think typically the CEO answers to and can be fired by the board, and when you have exactly one investor you can be sure that one investor controls the board. If we're told that Keeley's running the firm and Jack is the sole investor, it doesn't seem like a stretch to shorten that relationship to "boss"?

But mostly I was thinking of the "I can zero out your paycheque anytime I want" part, and how weird it is that Keeley seemingly doesn't know that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Effiel Tower is just a lamp post with a publicist.

Edit: Pulling out the big bucks for music. That song probably cost more than most TV show's entire season budgets.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 3, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I don't know why the Diamond Dogs dog-talk is the funniest thing

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Data Graham posted:

I don't know why the Diamond Dogs dog-talk is the funniest thing

Me: Can we get Diamond Dogs?
Mom: We have Diamond Dogs at home.

Diamond Dogs at home: Love Hounds

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I know this show is all about positivity, but I find it very off-putting that the inappropriate and unethical actions by the therapist and Ted's wife are just not discussed with the seriousness they should be. It's illegal in some places for therapists to date former patients, but the show really seems to frame the conflict as just Ted not being able to or willing to "move on" and just ignoring the big big shadow cast on the end of his marriage by the fact that his councilor immediately started a relationship with his wife and patient.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I know this show is all about positivity, but I find it very off-putting that the inappropriate and unethical actions by the therapist and Ted's wife are just not discussed with the seriousness they should be. It's illegal in some places for therapists to date former patients, but the show really seems to frame the conflict as just Ted not being able to or willing to "move on" and just ignoring the big big shadow cast on the end of his marriage by the fact that his councilor immediately started a relationship with his wife and patient.

I don't know the first thing about therapy rules and regulations but the Jake thing is super hosed up no?

When he heard Ted's voice over the phone he drat near fainted, then considered bailing like a coward. That's not the reaction of an innocent man.

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Sweet Jesus it's the fabled Mardi Gras Cat-bird!
I work in an Apple store, so I’m always paying attention to the characters’ phones. In the locker room “Delete everything!” scene, everyone has a newish (current (14) or previous (13)) phone except #4 Tommy Winchester at 23:15, who’s rocking a sweet red 12. Seems weird that Apple would put a three-generation-old phone in the show.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Didn't the real leaks a few years ago involve a lot of iCloud hacks? Was surprised it came up in an Apple show. Or maybe I'm misremembering, don't really want to Google it all.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Didn't the real leaks a few years ago involve a lot of iCloud hacks? Was surprised it came up in an Apple show. Or maybe I'm misremembering, don't really want to Google it all.

That’s why they made it an e-mail leak.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Okay Ted Lasso fans, I was vaguely interested in watching this as I'm a big football fan but it quickly turned out that the show isn't that interested in football and despite calling itself a comedy also isn't interested in being funny either so I just ignored it, but this turned up on my twitter feed today, what the gently caress is this acting/scene in general?

https://twitter.com/mishajackles/status/1653589361332482048

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I love the show but they scene was so awkward and dumb and it felt like watching a PSA.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Danzel Glovington posted:

I don't know the first thing about therapy rules and regulations but the Jake thing is super hosed up no?

When he heard Ted's voice over the phone he drat near fainted, then considered bailing like a coward. That's not the reaction of an innocent man.

It really feels like if they aren’t going to tackle that part of it, they should have had her just date some new guy. Especially since the plot seems to be Ted needs to move on vs anything about a therapist dating a patient.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thought the part with Issac taking Colin's phone was kinda weird. Considering they just had this whole scene talking about how it's not cool to look at photos not meant for you. Unless they are trying to make it a "you should have told me" kinda thing? Grabbing someones phone like that just seems wack to me.

Also Jack still loving sucks and this episode just pushes that more. I feel like she did something to Barbara as well.

Jamie rules this season though.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 3, 2023

radlum
May 13, 2013

Whorelord posted:

Okay Ted Lasso fans, I was vaguely interested in watching this as I'm a big football fan but it quickly turned out that the show isn't that interested in football and despite calling itself a comedy also isn't interested in being funny either so I just ignored it, but this turned up on my twitter feed today, what the gently caress is this acting/scene in general?

https://twitter.com/mishajackles/status/1653589361332482048

This was bad, like PSA made for schools bad. I don’t have much faith in footballers but I can believe that the ones here are not total creeps and assholes…but the whole scene felt very fake and very preachy in a way that, though I know the message is good (but insufficient), it was just a bad scene

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What I thought was odd was how the "point" of it kept vacillating back and forth between "delete that poo poo" and "no we shouldn't have to delete that poo poo" and ultimately I wasn't sure what point the show was trying to make or what stance it was taking. I got so distracted trying to relate it to my own life and whether I have any photos of other people who might not want me to have them or that I would mind having posted on twitter, or getting sidetracked by "wait, ANY pictures of ANY other people?" or other weird hypotheticals where I pictured deleting 30,000 photos and changing all my paswords

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Skeezy posted:

Thought the part with Issac taking Colin's phone was kinda weird. Considering they just had this whole scene talking about how it's not cool to look at photos not meant for you.

Also Jack still loving sucks and this episode just pushes that more. I feel like she did something to Barbara as well.

So, might be a blind spot for the non-queer viewer but this was showing the bias of Isaac (unless of course they show that he now hates Colin or some crazy twist). The whole PSA and delete scene was to protect women and the guys having a pretty standard conversation around feminism. Isaac believes that Colin is dodging the responsibility theyve set forth because he (Colin) wants to keep some nudes. Isaac fails to actually follow his own principles here which is common for men who feel like they're doing the right thing but also havent committed enough or been educated enough to enact that value. Isaac is willing to look at the nudes Colin has saved and delete them himself to be the 'better feminist' even at the cost of looking at someone else's private nudes, the very thing he strongly advocated against only AFTER learning a close personal colleague has been leaked. Then only to find out he has horribly invaded Colin's vulnerabilities and privacy.

The hypocrisy is the whole point. It's a common failing from straight men trying to do the right thing (mistakes like this I mean, maybe not grabbing another dudes phone specifically). Likely it'll be presented as a positive learning experience for Isaac and an emotionally difficult situation for Colin, internally Colin probably suspects that Isaac's reaction was a negative one like he's homophobic, when in reality he's likely feeling very guilty for the reason you stated, he just failed to practice what he preached.

Jack feels straight up abusive at this point in some respects, like that thing where the partner saves their significant other from something horrible to make them rely on you. I'm glad they fought instead of having jack successfully coerce Keely into staying together. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that suspected she did the leak as a way to save Keely and further control her and their relationship. As someone said before, she already has powerful financial control over her and her coworkers.

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 3, 2023

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So, might be a blind spot for the non-queer viewer but this was showing the bias of Isaac (unless of course they show that he now hates Colin or some crazy twist). The whole PSA and delete scene was to protect women and the guys having a pretty standard conversation around feminism. Isaac believes that Colin is dodging the responsibility theyve set forth because he (Colin) wants to keep some nudes. Isaac fails to actually follow his own principles here which is common for men who feel like they're doing the right thing but also havent committed enough or been educated enough to enact that value. Isaac is willing to look at the nudes Colin has saved and delete them himself to be the 'better feminist' even at the cost of looking at someone else's private nudes, the very thing he strongly advocated against only AFTER learning a close personal colleague has been leaked. Then only to find out he has horribly invaded Colin's vulnerabilities and privacy.

The hypocrisy is the whole point. It's a common failing from straight men trying to do the right thing (mistakes like this I mean, maybe not grabbing another dudes phone specifically). Likely it'll be presented as a positive learning experience for Isaac and an emotionally difficult situation for Colin, internally Colin probably suspects that Isaac's reaction was a negative one like he's homophobic, when in reality he's likely feeling very guilty for the reason you stated, he just failed to practice what he preached.

Thanks for that, I didn't think about it this way.

Jack feels straight up abusive at this point in some respects, like that thing where the partner saves their significant other from something horrible to make them rely on you. I'm glad they fought instead of having jack successfully coerce Keely into staying together. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that suspected she did the leak as a way to save Keely and further control her and their relationship. As someone said before, she already has powerful financial control over her and her coworkers.

With Jack I didn't notice it at first but when she introduces Keeley to her friend during mini golf she introduces her as a friend. When at the beginning she was talking about how great it would be to show off her girlfriend.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Skeezy posted:

With Jack I didn't notice it at first but when she introduces Keeley to her friend during mini golf she introduces her as a friend. When at the beginning she was talking about how great it would be to show off her girlfriend.

Yeah, that really stuck out. Keeley didn't call her on it at the time but I felt like that right there was where she started realizing that this relationship was doomed.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, that really stuck out. Keeley didn't call her on it at the time but I felt like that right there was where she started realizing that this relationship was doomed.

I feel like they won't have Keeley mention it and hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Jack just doesn't show up again.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This season is such a loving mess.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

There's still 4 episodes left to wrap up the entire series right?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm not sure what to make of the shift to hour-long episodes. It really gives the whole show a way different feel.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Everything with Keeley so far this season feels like a spin off show with the guys on the team making cameos.

Like Frasier or something.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

This episode was ok.
It felt like the set up episode for the rest of the series for almost all the storylines.

I thought season 2 was kind of a mess until the whole season was done too and then when we had the whole thing I thought it fit together nicely.

Except for Beard After Hours. I still dislike that episode.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Roy and Jamie are bonding and becoming better people. Keeley and Jack break up. I smell a thruple!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

This season started out strong, but they have been going far too heavy on relationship story lines in the last few episodes. I thought it was great that this episode started with football talk but that only lasted about 30 seconds before it was back to everyone's relationship stuff.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Data Graham posted:

I'm not sure what to make of the shift to hour-long episodes. It really gives the whole show a way different feel.

it means i am spending a longer time watching this season of ted lasso than i might have, so it has made it feel worse.

anyway i predict that:

the PI found out dr jake is cheating on melissa
after colin gets outed to the squad at least one other richmond player will reveal they're gay
jade will eventually reveal something which dooms the relationship - she will nonchalantly utter the phrase "you never asked" and nate will say "right. well. i'll just be going then"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Data Graham posted:

What I thought was odd was how the "point" of it kept vacillating back and forth between "delete that poo poo" and "no we shouldn't have to delete that poo poo" and ultimately I wasn't sure what point the show was trying to make or what stance it was taking. I got so distracted trying to relate it to my own life and whether I have any photos of other people who might not want me to have them or that I would mind having posted on twitter, or getting sidetracked by "wait, ANY pictures of ANY other people?" or other weird hypotheticals where I pictured deleting 30,000 photos and changing all my paswords

I think that's kinda the point of the scene though. Even Isaac's dictum has a bit of self-preservation to it because they know they might get wrapped up in something they don't want to get wrapped up in. It's basically a Kate Upton/Justin Verlander thing. I think it was actually handled decently well because it wasn't like all the boys were like YAY ISAACS right, there was a lot of reluctance and also some question as to whether it was the actual right answer.

The person who should be getting poo poo, outside of Jack who sucks, is Roy. It's not his loving business who that photo was for and he shouldn't of asked. Sure he felt guilty about it but gently caress that.