Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

widefault posted:

From Friday, a second Hondo H-1111, Made in Japan copy of a G&L F-100.

The first one I bought has non-working electronics and the rats nest of wires in the control cavity scares me. Probably paid less for the 2nd guitar than what I would pay someone to fix the first.

From today, 1979 Hondo HDLP-2WI

The D means DiMarzios, the mother of pearl logo confirms it came with them, and the slotted height adjustment screws really confirm it.

Up to 5 DiMarzio equipped Hondos and not a one still has the sticker on it.
I've seen a few old Hondos pop up on craigslist, and I have no idea if the prices are good, but they always stand out to me due to your posts. Right now, there are a couple of those DiMarzio-equipped LPs and... something else.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/d/brooklyn-les-paul-copy-hondo-ii/7606166479.html
https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/d/brooklyn-vintage-hondo-ii-les-paul-with/7603015049.html
https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/msg/d/brooklyn-hondo-h1-deathdagger/7594282721.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I got some covers made up for my bass amp and our subs.
Subs:

Bass Amp - (Fender Rumble 350).

I got them from Coveramp, for 75 bucks each I couldn't be happier. It was raining a bit the last time we had a show, and I load everything into my pickup which doesn't have a top to it. I wasn't thrilled about just having a tarp, so the waterproof covers are pretty key.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 19, 2023

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

The Leck posted:

I've seen a few old Hondos pop up on craigslist, and I have no idea if the prices are good, but they always stand out to me due to your posts. Right now, there are a couple of those DiMarzio-equipped LPs and... something else.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/d/brooklyn-les-paul-copy-hondo-ii/7606166479.html
https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/d/brooklyn-vintage-hondo-ii-les-paul-with/7603015049.html
https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/msg/d/brooklyn-hondo-h1-deathdagger/7594282721.html

Better pricing than Reverb, but too much for my cheap rear end. For a set neck with DiMarzios I'd go ~$300-350. Wouldn't go over ~$250 for a bolt-neck. This latest one was less than that with shipping.

Some day I'll buy a Death Dagger, then get a bucket of sand to act as a stand. Done playing? Stick it into the bucket.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Leck posted:

:captainpop:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Justified by a work promotion

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I've really wanted to try those. I'm curious if they still have the tele spank ... I can't see why they wouldn't.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Verman posted:

I've really wanted to try those. I'm curious if they still have the tele spank ... I can't see why they wouldn't.

I have one in clear brown, and yeah, it's a Tele in all but shape. So unless you mean the way you can literally spank someone with a telecaster, yeah, it's got the stuff. It's a hecking cool guitar, in yellow too!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Captain Splendid posted:

Justified by a work promotion

sweet strat

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Followed me home from the pawnshop for $100

Brownsville "Thug", chambered body, Ric/DeArmond knock-off pickups, made in Korea. Pretty nice for $100, lovin the metal flake

Also a terrible painting for the wall of music-related "art"

Howling Bells
May 10, 2007

Dear Pat Monaghan and that other guy,

We believe 'Hey Soul Sister' to be a ponderous and heartless money grab. You should be ashamed. It's not enough that you used the I-V-VI-IV chord progression, Beato, but you do it on a ukulele? It sounds like a Vonage commercial. Stop the Train!
Grabbed this a little while back after getting a new job with a bump in pay. I'm a long time guitarist, first time bassist, and this is probably the nicest instrument I own. It sounds great!

Also a new Avatar.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

NuclearPotato posted:

I broke down; my Moog semi-modular collection is now complete (until I decide I want a Mavis for some reason):

Nice, congrats, I feel pangs of envy!

I told my spouse that owning one of these would deal a powerful blow to the patriarchy but so far they are insisting I use my own money for this and not house bucks :(

edit: do you have the whole dfam/m32/sub trifecta? I have mavis and m32, I enjoy them, though I wish maybe that I just had $800 towards a Matriarch :allears:

e: the best reason to own a mavis is as a mother32 sidecar to wavebend it :shrug:

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 24, 2023

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Howling Bells posted:

Grabbed this a little while back after getting a new job with a bump in pay. I'm a long time guitarist, first time bassist, and this is probably the nicest instrument I own. It sounds great!

Also a new Avatar.

Stingrays are absolutely awesome. They have a punch to them no other bass has. Hell yeah.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

New (to me) guitar. Charvel Pro-mod DK22

It's kind of ridiculous. Compound radius fretboard. Sculpted neck-joint. Super light weight.
It's like custom-shop features for the price of the cheapest American-made Fender.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

No pic because a screenshot of a plugin isn’t very exciting but Neural is doing a half off sale on most of their plugins so I finally bought the Tone King Imperial one. It’s really good!

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Well this thing just basswalked into my life ...

2017 Fender standard jazz bass, along with a Fender rumble 15 amp. $200. Its dirty and needs new strings but its in great shape otherwise. Barely played. Frets are in great condition and the pots are smooth. I don't even really play bass but I couldn't say no for the price, but I have been wanting to have one around to gently caress around on.

I might be going to look at a lake placid blue jazz bass and a hot rod deluxe v3 this weekend because again ... the deals are too good. I think I'm having a mid life crisis. I just bought two Fenders in the last 2 weeks.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Wow. You can’t-not buy it at that price. Beauty score.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
That's as good as scores get. Congrats.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
I will have to show my wife these comments because she was not impressed.

Honestly between this and my fender standard strat that I picked up 2 weeks ago with a vox practice amp for $250 ... I'm feeling pretty lucky right now.

I'm hoping this hot rod pans out.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Verman posted:

I'm hoping this hot rod pans out.

Not really new gear, but I got the basement pile tidied up a bit. That Gorija Charvel is definitely a favourite guitar.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sockington posted:

Not really new gear, but I got the basement pile tidied up a bit. That Gorija Charvel is definitely a favourite guitar.

I love everything about this especially the Traynors.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sockington posted:

That Bronco is just so cool. It looks totally professional and really unique - sitting between a full sized bass and a tele, it's almost like an optical illusion.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sockington posted:

What an awesome setup! Even your lighting is good.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Nice, congrats, I feel pangs of envy!

I told my spouse that owning one of these would deal a powerful blow to the patriarchy but so far they are insisting I use my own money for this and not house bucks :(

edit: do you have the whole dfam/m32/sub trifecta? I have mavis and m32, I enjoy them, though I wish maybe that I just had $800 towards a Matriarch :allears:

e: the best reason to own a mavis is as a mother32 sidecar to wavebend it :shrug:

I do! Love the heck outta them; I posted them earlier in this thread when I got them set up:

NuclearPotato posted:

My Moog obsession continues unabated:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

The Leck posted:

That Bronco is just so cool. It looks totally professional and really unique - sitting between a full sized bass and a tele, it's almost like an optical illusion.

It had to go under the knife today. I was bringing it down to A standard because A# still felt like too much tension. In the process, the 0.014 string snapped up at the tuner.

Decided I only liked having two volumes as the tone pot was useless at this tuning. I don’t know where I put the gold-topped knobs from before, so slapped a pare of spare Strat “tone” knobs on there for now. Consider it an homage to the original EVH MusicMan single “tone” pot guitars until I get bothered enough to replace them.

So much easier to dial in the sound I want now. Middle pickup for girth, bridge for bite, and find the balance between.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Not exactly a purchase, but I just got a new job in sales at a very large music gear retailer. I haven't started working the floor yet, just finished level 1 training at their headquarters. But one part of the training/indoctrination course was visiting the factory floor of their sister company, Yorkville Sound. It's very cool to see a PA company that is, from the ground up, a Canadian operation. No 'assembled in CAN (from parts made in Taiwan)', virtually everything Yorkville manufactures is done in-house. I got some pics.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
so cool, thanks for sharing these.
Love the White Falcon with the Traynors.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Those Traynor amps were the exact ones that Lee and Lifeson used for the 'vintage' part of the R40 tour, apparently. The other Traynor belonged to a guitarist who got hired by Prince, I can't recall their name though. Of course I had to play the RUSH pinball table.

The coolest part of the tour was that torture test chamber you can see the subwoofer in in the third- or fourth-last pic. They torture test new prototypes for _seventeen straight days_ at full program volume, and that thing that looks like a mic on the cone is actually a laser - it's there to measure driver excursion so they can pinpoint exactly how and when the speaker fails. The room is floating, two layers of cinderblock walls with sand poured in between them. It's obviously not fully soundproof but it's remarkable how quiet it is when you compare it with the door open. They said they built the room after they left a dual 21" sub to test on the floor over a weekend, and by Saturday morning they'd received >30 noise complaints from people across the highway whose foundations were shaking.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 7, 2023

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Mister Speaker posted:

Not exactly a purchase, but I just got a new job in sales at a very large music gear retailer. I haven't started working the floor yet, just finished level 1 training at their headquarters. But one part of the training/indoctrination course was visiting the factory floor of their sister company, Yorkville Sound. It's very cool to see a PA company that is, from the ground up, a Canadian operation. No 'assembled in CAN (from parts made in Taiwan)', virtually everything Yorkville manufactures is done in-house. I got some pics.

These are awesome thanks for the pictures

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

Those Traynor amps were the exact ones that Lee and Lifeson used for the 'vintage' part of the R40 tour, apparently. The other Traynor belonged to a guitarist who got hired by Prince, I can't recall their name though. Of course I had to play the RUSH pinball table.

If you scroll up, I’ve got a bit of a Traynor museum of myself - including the rare keyboard version of the TS series.

I assume you’ve read the Yorkville company history pdf that’s a few years old (up till 1991 covered)

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/files/yorkvillehistory-471231.pdf

That’s cool we have a man on the inside. Tell them they need to release the TS preamp in a pedal format because that’s an untapped market. There’s companies using their circuit and Yorkville is like “cool thanks” (rusty box).

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sockington posted:

If you scroll up, I’ve got a bit of a Traynor museum of myself - including the rare keyboard version of the TS series.

I assume you’ve read the Yorkville company history pdf that’s a few years old (up till 1991 covered)

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/files/yorkvillehistory-471231.pdf

That’s cool we have a man on the inside. Tell them they need to release the TS preamp in a pedal format because that’s an untapped market. There’s companies using their circuit and Yorkville is like “cool thanks” (rusty box).

I saw your post, actually it was someone else mentioning your Traynor amps that reminded me to make that photo dump from the factory. Yep, the Yorkville/Traynor/Long&McQuade History was one of the first things we went over in the course, and yeah I also didn't know until a couple of years ago that they're all basically the same company. Really beautiful stuff, I mean just about as heartwarming as a story of a corporation can be. And you can still tell (on just about every level, from the training staff to the guys who gave us the Yorkville tour and joked around with their coworkers at each stop) that it's very much a labour of love by musicians and music lovers. Plus, I'm actually working at a job with health benefits now, as well as some fuckin' clutch perks like dirt-cheap rentals and financing, and encouraged equipment loans. It's a daunting shift from the Wild West Hospitality Industry, but I'm stoked to have made it because it feels like a place to grow.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bought a 70s Burny/Fernandes Les Paul. I really liked how it looked and it has a brass nut (and toggle switch!) and stuff. I told the dude to take the EMGs out and charge me less and he did since I'll just put something else in them that I much prefer. Bummer, though, I probably would've loved the original PAF clones.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
No joke I thought that said "Horny"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Lol. You often see "Bunny" LPs listed on Japan Yahoo auctions.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Those are objectively better options.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
Doing a ~1500 dollar eurorack renovation from this:

to this:

I've bought like 40% of the modules already, this feels like crack

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

No 1U row?
*ducks under table

vvvv the volca modulars are fun

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 10, 2023

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

God help me and my near-nonexistent savings the day my brain says “welp, time to dive into modular!”

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Just one semi-modular, they say. I can get a semi-modular and scratch that itch to plug cables into other things, they say. Next thing you know, you’re buying a $600 CS-80 repro filter and are pondering where you went wrong in life…

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I pray to God I never find out what any of that stuff is, because it looks rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

CatBlack posted:

Doing a ~1500 dollar eurorack renovation from this:

to this:

I've bought like 40% of the modules already, this feels like crack

hope you’re buying extra skinny cables