Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
It's another episode of the most mmlp weighing in on the most boring possible topic. Can we talk more about how we should make a large action of the liquidation of the Polish element. As the German armies withdraw, we should take advantage of this convenient moment for liquidating the entire male population in the age from 16 up to 60 years. We cannot lose this fight, and it is necessary at all costs to weaken Polish forces. Villages and settlements lying next to the massive forests, should disappear from the face of the earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

DancingShade posted:

The best YouTube videos are made by people doing it for fun not to make money. However good luck stumbling across them with the algorithm loving with actual organic searches.

its gotten so very bad. it has to be on purpose

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Vomik posted:

I believe everything even, especially, the contradictory stuff

me too. trivialism ftw

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

devastated to learn that the MMA guy is a huge racist

finally, this is the end of felix biederman

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Delta-Wye posted:

its gotten so very bad. it has to be on purpose

I dunno man. These are right there for the taking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ceB5SPRXI

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The course of the war since November has been the Ukrainians have been constantly slammed in the face, to be frank. It is true the Russians haven't taken large tracts of territory, but their goal has been to mulch the Ukrainian military, and it's ongoing. The Ukrainians really don't have many positive things to speak about for the last 5-6 months. We will see about the offensive, but war isn't going well at all at this point.

McGregor exaggerates, but the general course of the war has clearly strongly turned against the Ukrainians; and he is right, they should have sought peace a while ago. I don't know about specific numbers he cites: sometimes they are fine, sometimes who knows what he is talking about.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 06:24 on May 3, 2023

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I think we've concretely established that being highly racist is now good and cool, so long as you do it to the right target people and have the right flag in your bio.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732?lang=en

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Russia doesn't even have missile technology and barely biplane level aviation. Their tanks are made of loose rocks held together with bundles of chicken wire and vintage steam powered tractors.

Snopes verified fact.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Macgregor February 2022: 40,000 Ukrainian troops in the Donbass must surrender or they will be encircled and annihilated in 24 hours

Macgregor early March 2022: This war will be completely over in 10 days

Macgregor March 2022: ukrainian army has bren Neutralized and Russia has completed its goals

MacGregor July 2022: As far as russia is concerned, this war is over.

MacGregor September 2022: this entire war may be over soon and Ukrainian offensives have failed miserably (Kharkiv Offensive happened days after and then Russia withdrew from Kherson after that)

MacGregor January 2023: pentagon knows that Ukrainian defeat is imminent

Macgregor march 2023: Ukraine will be DESTROYED

Macgregor May 2023: Ukraine will fall THIS IS IT

Is the war going well for Ukraine? I don't think so. But I also don't see why I should believe anything MacGregor has to say at this point, regardless of his military credentials. He's like the economists who predict 100 of the last two recessions. He has been saying Ukrainian defeat is literally imminent since the first days of the war. And now on top of that he claims things like, 9 Ukrainoan brigade headquarters were destroyed by missile strikes in a single night and 1000 officers + Nato officers were killed.

The guy's full of poo poo imo.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

OctaMurk posted:

Macgregor February 2022: 40,000 Ukrainian troops in the Donbass must surrender or they will be encircled and annihilated in 24 hours

Macgregor early March 2022: This war will be completely over in 10 days

Macgregor March 2022: ukrainian army has bren Neutralized and Russia has completed its goals

MacGregor July 2022: As far as russia is concerned, this war is over.

MacGregor September 2022: this entire war may be over soon and Ukrainian offensives have failed miserably (Kharkiv Offensive happened days after and then Russia withdrew from Kherson after that)

MacGregor January 2023: pentagon knows that Ukrainian defeat is imminent

Macgregor march 2023: Ukraine will be DESTROYED

Macgregor May 2023: Ukraine will fall THIS IS IT

Is the war going well for Ukraine? I don't think so. But I also don't see why I should believe anything MacGregor has to say at this point, regardless of his military credentials. He's like the economists who predict 100 of the last two recessions. He has been saying Ukrainian defeat is literally imminent since the first days of the war. And now on top of that he claims things like, 9 Ukrainoan brigade headquarters were destroyed by missile strikes in a single night and 1000 officers + Nato officers were killed.

The guy's full of poo poo imo.

Yeah, but is he wrong, that the Ukrainians shouldn't have surrendered earlier or that the offensives didn't really change that much back in fall? I am sure you could say he has a hard bias but honestly, this whole war isn't one that the Ukrainians should have fought in the first place, or at least the way they have. In between, the ground pronouncements, he has always also been saying that the Ukrainians have been taking massive casualties by artillery and that Russian military has been far more robust that the West has given credit for.

We don't need to take his predictions seriously, but I have a real hard time saying he is only wrong or wrong enough that he has nothing to say. (It doesn't help that the English speaking internet is 99.9% pro-Ukrainian sources either, btw.)

It is like saying he has predicted 2 of the last 100 recessions, and therefore there is no problem with the American financial system and we shouldn't think about it too much. Ehhhh maybe we can ignore the predictions and concentrate on what exactly is going on with the banks.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 06:43 on May 3, 2023

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Sure. Ukraine isn't doing well. I can read why on BigSerge or some other blog where the author hasn't repeatedly made overwhelmingly incorrect predictions.

But I'm not going to consider the guy who does make predictions that are wrong, over and over again, and bases his predictions on completely made up information that literally nobody in the thread has found worth defending, e.g. the epic officer destruction claims.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Russia is doing badly: lol, lmao

Ukraine is doing badly: spluttering indignant outrage

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Frosted Flake posted:

They added tiers to the meetings I have to attend with the MIC

crosspost this to ww3 thread if you haven't already

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

OctaMurk posted:

Sure. The Ukraine isn't doing well. I can read why on BigSerge or some other blog where the author hasn't repeatedly made overwhelmingly incorrect predictions.

But I'm not going to consider the guy who does make predictions that are wrong over and over again and bases his predictions on completely made-up information that literally nobody in the thread has found worth defending, e.g., the epic officer destruction claims.

There are plenty of claims made all the time in this thread and the others; I don't know if they are especially different, tbh. According to some threads (if not Western outlets), Russia has been beaten constantly 12 times over and is always on the edge of collapse etc. Mcgregor is semi-useful in that he is ex-military and clearly is still close with the military establishment, and that gives him a slightly different perspective. Btw, he makes big pronouncements for YouTube interviews, but the presentations he gives to the brass are much more down to earth.

There is a reason I (at least) don't bring him up: I don't think his success rate is good enough, his numbers are sloppy, and his politics are about what I expect from an ex-US officer (not great!). That said, he has said things, particularly about the modern-day US military, that are hard to ignore, and at least some of what he has said was backed up by the leaked intel, especially regarding Ukrainian artillery and air defense.

Btw, I don't think no one should read any Western or pro-Ukrainian source either, but you just have to do so with skepticism, and the same is for McGregor.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 07:26 on May 3, 2023

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Ardennes posted:

There is a reason I (at least) don't bring him up: I don't think his success rate is good enough, his numbers are sloppy, and his politics are about what I expect from an ex-US officer (not great!). That said, he has said things, particularly about the modern-day US military, that are hard to ignore, and at least some of what he has said was backed up by the leaked intel, especially regarding Ukrainian artillery and air defense.

Btw, I don't think no one should read any Western or pro-Ukrainian source either, but you just have to do so with skepticism, and the same is for McGregor.

i watched the interview and he tried to kolomoisky-pill that dudes audience, so he's cool in my book

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ardennes posted:

It is Wolfram in Russian (or Vol'fram technically).

So you're saying FF is a Russian agent? Big if true.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

And it's business hours in Moscow. Curious.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

good news everyone

https://twitter.com/pravda_eng/status/1653675259005116417

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Weka posted:

What's the Swedish word for [extrinsically] heavy rock?

tung sten

intrinsic/extrinsic is probably not entirely accurate but it was the best way i could think of to describe the difference between compounded and seperate adjective+noun words

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

All 27 of the 18 incoming drones were shot down by the muskateer of chicken kiev. The 35 fires burning uncontrollably are entirely unrelated. Kids with fireworks, you know how it is.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

Is it some kind of perfidious Canadian thing to refer to the noble Tungsten by the germanic slur wolfram?

Chemical symbol W, Deal with it tungsten lovers

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Nix Panicus posted:

You never know, he could be posting from Tver, sipping on some Kvas.... eating a Russian Big Mac...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
more like Frosted Frunze

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

tired: fighting putin with memes

wired:

https://twitter.com/stokel/status/1653675508507242496

fighting putin with video games

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
How could they possibly have kompromat on FF?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1653485838368481280

wait im confused i thought russia was using the iranian weapons and that was how we knew they were the bad guys

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the only things I believe in this war are the things there is no evidence for

evidence for something is 100% a sign that it’s false

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

BANDERISTS WIN

Next map: de_galizia

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Junkozeyne posted:

Chemical symbol W, Deal with it tungsten lovers

I refuse to use Putin's periodic table

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

How could they possibly have kompromat on FF?

well they fixed forums search so

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ardennes posted:

this whole war isn't one that the Ukrainians should have fought in the first place, or

jesus christ youre loving stupid.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ArmZ posted:

Hmm total destruction of the country ⚖️ Minsk 2

:thunk:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

ArmZ posted:

I mean there were 2 treaties of Minsk that happened that if either Ukraine bothered to hold to after signing then this wouldn't have happened.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ArmZ posted:

Just don't consistently antagonize your neighbor over eight years, so simple. Of course, you can't blame Ukraine. The right wing fascist supported coup government was installed to seek conflict with Russia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

in the balance yeah I think it’s fair to say Zelensky is the person most responsible for this

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

in the balance yeah I think it’s fair to say Zelensky is the person most responsible for this

Id say Victoria Nuland, or whatever ghoul arranged the coup, personally

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

ArmZ posted:

There was multiple ways to find a peaceful solution before this conflict started as well as after it started as well. The Ukrainians have been pushing for territorial reclamation while the entire country has been crumbling in the process.

The Ukrainians walked out of Minsk 2, then refused to offer serious concessions since the spring of 2022, and for the 6 months have been getting plastered for the dim hope of a new offensive. It hasn't worked out, they should have come to the table.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 12:25 on May 3, 2023

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Remember back when it was ok to mention Nuland was actively courting war with Russia and that the maidan supporters were killing their own people to garner eu support. Oh 2014

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/ukraine-bugged-call-catherine-ashton-urmas-paet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

OctaMurk posted:

Sure. Ukraine isn't doing well. I can read why on BigSerge or some other blog where the author hasn't repeatedly made overwhelmingly incorrect predictions.

But I'm not going to consider the guy who does make predictions that are wrong, over and over again, and bases his predictions on completely made up information that literally nobody in the thread has found worth defending, e.g. the epic officer destruction claims.

:melter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

cagliostr0 posted:

Remember back when it was ok to mention Nuland was actively courting war with Russia and that the maidan supporters were killing their own people to garner eu support. Oh 2014

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/ukraine-bugged-call-catherine-ashton-urmas-paet

"bugged call reveals conspiracy theory about Kiev snipers"

Since it was a bugged call of two senior officials speaking on confidence, doesn't it just reveal a conspiracy? lol