Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

tyria's hot new xmas toy this year will be "charr in a jar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The shackles around the neck warn passersby not to lend an ear to their sermons

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Do I really need to make a discord account to join guilds? Just wondering because I've avoided discord on point and every attempt to use it makes me hate it. Just saying like, if I make an account to get invited to a guild I'd still just delete the account after being added.

Anyways, I just fixed my computer and am working on networking stuff with running a phone hotspot with proxy, but I can play now and it's been over a year since I was playing because of those things. I really don't remember what I was doing a year and half ago. I had some trade hustle going, but I don't remember what it was really. Anyways, Can someone quick explain why I have black lion salvage kits? is it just for scrapping the orange stuff to sell or for mats?

I moved the game back to my ssd because on hdd it was just horrible, but I think I moved it to store until I got things fixed. for a few months i was launching just to do trades and craft before my lack of cooling would crash me.

I solidly really dig GW2 and it clicked in my head that SA is prolly got a finger in most decent pies online.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

nesamdoom posted:

Do I really need to make a discord account to join guilds?

Put your gw2 account name (the one with four numbers at the end) in your SA profile and I'll handle the discord thing for GOON.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

nesamdoom posted:

Do I really need to make a discord account to join guilds? Just wondering because I've avoided discord on point and every attempt to use it makes me hate it. Just saying like, if I make an account to get invited to a guild I'd still just delete the account after being added.

Anyways, I just fixed my computer and am working on networking stuff with running a phone hotspot with proxy, but I can play now and it's been over a year since I was playing because of those things. I really don't remember what I was doing a year and half ago. I had some trade hustle going, but I don't remember what it was really. Anyways, Can someone quick explain why I have black lion salvage kits? is it just for scrapping the orange stuff to sell or for mats?

I moved the game back to my ssd because on hdd it was just horrible, but I think I moved it to store until I got things fixed. for a few months i was launching just to do trades and craft before my lack of cooling would crash me.

I solidly really dig GW2 and it clicked in my head that SA is prolly got a finger in most decent pies online.

You dont need to use discord once your in the guild.
black lion salvage kits come from daily rewards, you use them on exotics you want the rune/sigil

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
So this Saturday (April 29th aka tomorrow in most of the world) at 13:00 EST the Ready Check cup is happening and me and goon darling Ellieanna will be competing! If you'd like to watch and cheer us on as we get stomped by Why you can tune in on the main stream, my stream at https://www.twitch.tv/saraiguma or our teammate wulfy's stream which will have scanlines and sound like a CRT at https://www.twitch.tv/wulfy_zef

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://twitter.com/SintorXI/status/1652045776296775681

Well guess that's the last hope for good PvE content gone :v:

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Saraiguma posted:

So this Saturday (April 29th aka tomorrow in most of the world) at 13:00 EST the Ready Check cup is happening and me and goon darling Ellieanna will be competing! If you'd like to watch and cheer us on as we get stomped by Why you can tune in on the main stream, my stream at https://www.twitch.tv/saraiguma or our teammate wulfy's stream which will have scanlines and sound like a CRT at https://www.twitch.tv/wulfy_zef

Awesome, I'll be watching the main stream - good luck!

Mr. Neutron posted:

hope for content

Be honest, did you really have this? :v:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well guess that's the last hope for good PvE content gone :v:

love the implication that there's still hope for other gamemodes

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Is there any indication on what’s next for the story?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mordiceius posted:

Is there any indication on what’s next for the story?

A tunnel.

Said it before, gonna say it again - the S1 rerelease completely killed all the EoD momentum and great reception. They really should've left that 2012 jank rest in piece. Maybe do a slightly more elaborate cutscene to recap the story and introduce the characters, but that should've been it.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
https://twitch.tv/saraiguma

Hello, come watch Saraiguma do her speedclear run!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

A tunnel.

Said it before, gonna say it again - the S1 rerelease completely killed all the EoD momentum and great reception. They really should've left that 2012 jank rest in piece. Maybe do a slightly more elaborate cutscene to recap the story and introduce the characters, but that should've been it.

they should have taken the opportunity to make even more of it lesbian

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

A tunnel.

It really did. It didn't feel like new content. The only aspect people still care about (sometimes) is the LA and Marrionette which I don't think is even from LWS1:Redux. 1 year of "content" thats dead content. The March release of Gyala Delves gave a very nice area where the content was basically clear 3-4 areas, then fight 9 legendary champions, then gg. It's so underwhelming. How come they don't add more beetle races, or griffon races, or bounties, or anything? idk im jaded.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The marionette fight was added as a world boss instance in summer 2021, LS1 re-release started in April 2022.

IMO the LS1 stuff is fine for newer people, but it's obviously not going to do much for veterans. And I guess it's only mildly useful for everyone who played LS2 and later already (since it's not great mechanically, and people had to read up on these new characters and the plot from past FOMO content somewhere else already).

But I agree the timing of the release was terrible, it should either have been released much earlier (could have saved us some of the more embarassing later parts of IBS :v:), or much later. EoD and "LS6" should have received more focus right after release, but they still could have alternated new EoD content and "remastered" LS1 episodes instead of exclusively doing the latter.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In the ideal scenario they just don't do S1 like they did at launch and cause a giant gap in the story for new players.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mr. Neutron posted:

Obviously old content, not particularly good, but if they just dropped it in as a bonus to make the f2p Steam release seem like it had more content then it's fine. Not good, but passable for a sort of prequel thing. Knowing now that it's the only content that dropped between EoD and their totes-not-a-LW-episode release... yikes.

I'd still say Gyala killed it. I've never done the storyline, but I also haven't heard anyone talk about the storyline. It's a map that seems to exist for a single boring meta in which the reward is fishing. The content for over a year's wait is... nerfing the ambergris market value. That's the only two things I've ever heard about it: it's a letdown, free ambergris.

I don't expect every release to have a Dragon's Stand or a Dragon's End but maybe put a bit more into it than the equivalent of a PoF bounty train.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

precious hamburgers...

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Spring roadmap.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-spring-2023/

Highlights include a story update, new fractal, and most importantly the ability to turn off other people's visual effects. Whether this will affect their outfits as well is yet to be confirmed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Another note is a confirmation that there won't be any new elite specs, at least for the next expansion. That's probably fine--three elite specs per profession is a pretty solid number--especially if they make good on the other things about expanding combat options for professions across the board.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I like how they took the time to address questions about the new content model, except the only question anyone actually had which was just "hey isn't this Icebrood Saga with a price tag?"

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Mailer posted:

I'd still say Gyala killed it. I've never done the storyline, but I also haven't heard anyone talk about the storyline. It's a map that seems to exist for a single boring meta in which the reward is fishing. The content for over a year's wait is... nerfing the ambergris market value. That's the only two things I've ever heard about it: it's a letdown, free ambergris.

The story of Gyala is this: Your buddies are having a dinner party and then you get a report of jade tech miners going crazy at an illegal dig site. You show up and confirm they're going crazy because there's toxic gas that makes you go crazy! Then it ends. It has all the weight and emotional depth of a Paw Patrol episode.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
That's for giving the tldr since my questline was bugged for two months until they double fixed the bugs with it. But by then I had forgotten what I was doing.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

*inhaling mine dust* im so sorry Shimbleshanks the Railway Cat...i wasn't there to save you...

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

*inhaling mine dust* im so sorry Shimbleshanks the Railway Cat...i wasn't there to save you...

grizzabella is basically a charr name...

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The end boss of Gyala Delves isn't great either, you just fight a bunch of powered up or recycled enemies, several times in a row, one after the other, with no clear indication of when it will end.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Is there anything distinctive about each of the 3 bosses? Can't say I've noticed any.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

DoNotFeedTheBear posted:

Is there anything distinctive about each of the 3 bosses? Can't say I've noticed any.

the first three forms are identical across all three platforms as is the last form, a really big ball drop imo

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

poo poo, just remake Urgoz's Warren or The Deep and I'd pay for nostalgia alone...

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Harrow posted:

Another note is a confirmation that there won't be any new elite specs, at least for the next expansion. That's probably fine--three elite specs per profession is a pretty solid number--especially if they make good on the other things about expanding combat options for professions across the board.

My take is there is no way in hell I'll ever competently remember and play each of the existing specs, so complaining about how there aren't more is a little silly. The opposite take, as I listened to on some video, is PvP players. Unless you super heavy nerf/buff (boooo!) or completely redesign existing specs (booo!) the only meta shakeup is the introduction of new specs. I don't know if that's true or not and don't claim to be an authority because I'm not a pvp guy, but it certainly sounds like a case for wanting more stuff.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Mailer posted:

My take is there is no way in hell I'll ever competently remember and play each of the existing specs, so complaining about how there aren't more is a little silly. The opposite take, as I listened to on some video, is PvP players. Unless you super heavy nerf/buff (boooo!) or completely redesign existing specs (booo!) the only meta shakeup is the introduction of new specs. I don't know if that's true or not and don't claim to be an authority because I'm not a pvp guy, but it certainly sounds like a case for wanting more stuff.

I mean there are other possible shakeups but we haven't had so much as a new map in half a decade and they never even finished it

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

its wing 1 vale guardian,

but x3. well, not really, its worse as in less mechanics

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They could add more core weapons to each class , or just drop in some new utility skills I suppose.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

they should give bladesworn a profession mechanic cannon that fires swords

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
It'd be nice if they added elite skills for each of the skill types the professions have access to. As it stands we only get 3 out of 5 (4 for engineer).

I just want my ranger to have https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smoke_Trap

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Avalerion posted:

They could add more core weapons to each class , or just drop in some new utility skills I suppose.

Spear and Trident on land.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm keeping Britney Land Spears as a key alt until they do this :colbert:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I admit I was always surprised that they never added more utility skills.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

they should give bladesworn a profession mechanic cannon that fires swords

the bladesworn spec weapon should have been mainhand pistol that you throw like a boomerang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

where the red fern gropes posted:

the bladesworn spec weapon should have been mainhand pistol that you throw like a boomerang

Even Superman ducks if you throw a gun at him.