Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I remember playing TFC with a bunch of goons here a decade ago and it was a surprisingly fun time looking for different stones, ores, managing heat in the smeltery and more. This was back when we were all still testing Technic Pack MP, pre-Tekkit. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

fondue posted:

What was the modpack that made Minecraft super difficult? I mean, sand and dirt would collapse without mining beams, etc,... thought it would be relaxing to watch someone else play the pack as I remember watching someone do it a half-decade ago and it was entertaining.

Not quite what you're asking for but this one has natural disasters which is hilarious to watch someones base being destroyed by a tornado. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qt4pp8Igg&t=3s

bawk posted:

I loving hovered my mouse over this image trying to figure out which dusts were which :cripes:

You're gonna love what you can do with electrolyzing some of those dusts into some other product + getting a shitload of oxygen to pump into your EBF. Welcome to Steel City.

I just finished the last part I need to make the pyrolyse oven. :toot: I've got everything built now, but it's bedtime and there's no way I'm going to try loving around with this thing right before hitting the hay.

I was curious. Is there any fluids I should be stocking up on where I can? Right now I've just been doing lubricant.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 3, 2023

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

FPzero posted:

I remember playing TFC with a bunch of goons here a decade ago and it was a surprisingly fun time looking for different stones, ores, managing heat in the smeltery and more. This was back when we were all still testing Technic Pack MP, pre-Tekkit. Good times.

Did you help with this

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

StealthArcher posted:

Did you help with this

Don't think so. I do remember a technic MP world where we'd spawned in close to a bunch of really tall Redpower Rubber Trees and so we ended up making treehouse bases. And we also tested out the railcraft tunnel bore for the first time and it was kinda crap. But we were able to send minecarts with animals through a nether portal for no good reason!

There was also our first MP test where we spawned in a bunch of whatever we wanted and the first thing we did was try out the railcraft high speed rails, and discovered that if you derailed on them and exploded, it would cause a client crash for everyone in a nearby vicinity.

I also remember a different test world where someone used redpower microblocks to build an airplane or space shuttle that had the world spawn inside it, so you'd arrive and walk off the plane. In the same world I built an elaborate and very inefficient sorting system using buildcraft diamond pipes because the Redpower Sorting Machine wasn't around yet and neither was Applied Energistics.

My partners in crime back then were KillerOfLawyers, KakerMix, Cheap Shot, and others. I also remember powercrystals and...I can't remember the lead dev on Thermal Expansion's forum name. But they were both around too. I think powercrystals did the first Nether Ores and also Minefactory? I think Minefactory was the one with plastic machine blocks and was an alternative to Forestry because CovertJaguar hated what we were doing with modpacks as a whole.

Somewhere out there someone has an image of a bunch of us standing on that plane wing, posing for the camera. Hard to believe it's probably been about ten years since then.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Not quite what you're asking for but this one has natural disasters which is hilarious to watch someones base being destroyed by a tornado. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qt4pp8Igg&t=3s

I was curious. Is there any fluids I should be stocking up on where I can? Right now I've just been doing lubricant.

It'd be to your benefit to have a junk crop you don't care about going through a Brewery for biomass, to a Fermenting Machine for fermented biomass, to a Distillery, to get Ethanol. Ethanol combines with sulfuric acid (also easy to get, sulfur + oxygen a few times) to make Ethylene, then Oxygen + Ethylene for Polyethelene. This gets you plastic pipes through the fluid press or w/e it's called. There's other routes to ethanol that might work better, but that's what I'm working on. It's slow with ULV power usage, but you'll use that to make one-block Super Tank with 4million storage. It can also be used in an Assembler for some recipes like Lv Machine Cases so you can skip wrought iron plates. It's generally very useful and I have all 3 machines to make ethanol constantly running on 1 steam turbine pouring into a regular one-block glass tank that holds 16 buckets. As a bonus, a byproduct from ethanol production in this way is fertilizer as well. And the sulfuric acid byproduct from making polyethylene can be put back into a Distillery to redistill it back into the acid at half the amount.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Hooplah posted:

Anyone play vintage story? I wrote it off when I saw their first materials posted as it looked like a boondoggle given they could have just continued to use the minecraft base, but impressively they seem to be still actively updating! it might be time to revisit....

i loved terrafirmacraft and would enjoy going back to it

I played it with a buddy a while and we both hated it. There wasn't a ton to do and what was there was either tedious (like making clay stuff) or irritating (the enemies are persistent rock-throwing sacks of HP). I had high hopes for it, but it didn't work for me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

bawk posted:

It'd be to your benefit to have a junk crop you don't care about going through a Brewery for biomass, to a Fermenting Machine for fermented biomass, to a Distillery, to get Ethanol. Ethanol combines with sulfuric acid (also easy to get, sulfur + oxygen a few times) to make Ethylene, then Oxygen + Ethylene for Polyethelene. This gets you plastic pipes through the fluid press or w/e it's called. There's other routes to ethanol that might work better, but that's what I'm working on. It's slow with ULV power usage, but you'll use that to make one-block Super Tank with 4million storage. It can also be used in an Assembler for some recipes like Lv Machine Cases so you can skip wrought iron plates. It's generally very useful and I have all 3 machines to make ethanol constantly running on 1 steam turbine pouring into a regular one-block glass tank that holds 16 buckets. As a bonus, a byproduct from ethanol production in this way is fertilizer as well. And the sulfuric acid byproduct from making polyethylene can be put back into a Distillery to redistill it back into the acid at half the amount.

Me reading this

Would you mind showing me your machine line for that?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sure. I'm home for lunch so I'll grab screenshots

E: So here's an image of my machines in order. It starts with a better-barrel that I have filled with Saplings, but any crop or thing will do.

Saplings go through the hopper into the Brewery. The brewery converts the sapling items into the Biomass fluid, which outputs Down from the Brewery and into the Fermenter. The Fermenter turns that Biomass into Fermented Biomass, which I have set to output to the right. That goes into the Distillery, which distills the Fermented Biomass into Ethanol, and outputs that Down into the glass tank below it. As that fills up with Ethanol, I can grab some using an empty Fluid Cell to take over to my Chemical Factory machine. I have a Large Steel Fuel Cell in my inventory that is super convenient for working with liquids, as you can partially fill it up and it holds 8 buckets total, so you don't have to have exactly 1000mb of a liquid to put it into a fluid container. You can make one in an assembler using 4 double-steel plates and 4 bronze rings in an Assembler, it's another 30EU/t recipe.

You can set up your machines to output their single product that they make by right clicking on one of the faces of the machine with a wrench, very similar to pipes.

In the case of my brewery, for instance, I want all the Biomass to output Down, into my Fermenter. So while holding the Wrench, I right click the bottom-center part of the grid that appears when you mouse over the machine face. That will set the output to Down, which you can check in the bottom right corner.

Then for the rest of the recipe, I'll grab some screenshots from NEI, I hit tab too many times and submitted the post too early.

This will all go into a Chemical Plant machine, and you'll need an MV one to make the jump from Ethanol + Sulfuric Acid to Ethylene, but you can make lots of Ethanol in LV so you have a steady supply in MV, since it takes a while to process all the way through to Ethanol.

Top left is Sulfur + Oxygen to make Sulfur Dioxide.
Put the Sulfur Dioxide back into the first slot and add one Oxygen cell (top right) to make Sulfur Trioxide.
Put that back into the input one more time and add one Water cell to make Sulfuric Acid (middle left).
Combine Ethanol and Sulfuric Acid to make Diluted Sulfuric Acid and Ethylene (middle right).
Combine One oxygen cell and Ethylene to make Polyethylene
Put Polyethylene into a Fluid Solidifier and you can extrude any plastic item you want, but Large Plastic Fluid Pipes will let you make Super Tanks.

If you make yourself a little bit of Ethanol ahead of time, when you're ready to start making the rest of the steps in the Chemical Plant, you will be able to make some Super Tanks pretty early in MV which hold way more than the Railcraft tanks do.

The whole Chemical Plant process doesn't need to be automated, and most of the recipes are in 1000L increments which makes it easy to do using empty fluid cells. When you end up with your output from one of the steps, you can right click it with an empty fluid cell to fill that fluid cell, then move the cursor over top the fluid input and right click to dump it into that spot instead.

bawk fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 3, 2023

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
You can also run the ethanol through a dehydrator to get the ethylene without needing the sulfuric acid! (Also note Chemical Plant is a crazy, relatively new multiblock with some unique recipes. Chemical Reactor is the normal single block GT machine)

I have an insane raw oil depoist (742L) pretty close to my base so I tapped it for about 3m raw oil, converted it to naphta (then severely steam cracked it) and now i've got 800k ethylene in a tank. While it's never the wrong decision to set up a passive process, sometimes a giant brute force batch craft is enough to last for the forseeable future!

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 3, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SynthesisAlpha posted:

You can also run the ethanol through a dehydrator to get the ethylene without needing the sulfuric acid! (Also note Chemical Plant is a crazy, relatively new multiblock with some unique recipes. Chemical Reactor is the normal single block GT machine)

I have an insane raw oil depoist (742L) pretty close to my base so I tapped it for about 3m raw oil, converted it to naphta (then severely steam cracked it) and now i've got 800k ethylene in a tank. While it's never the wrong decision to set up a passive process, sometimes a giant brute force batch craft is enough to last for the forseeable future!

Well son of a bitch, once I get my pyrolyse oven up and working tonight I'm building a dehydrator and moving this whole supply chain upstairs

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Hooplah posted:

Anyone play vintage story? I wrote it off when I saw their first materials posted as it looked like a boondoggle given they could have just continued to use the minecraft base, but impressively they seem to be still actively updating! it might be time to revisit....

i loved terrafirmacraft and would enjoy going back to it

There is a thread for it kicking around somewhere in the forum if you wanted to look into it. Exploring, building a base and greenhouse, preserving food, chiseling, cooking, smelting, and to a degree charcoal-making and smithing are all pretty well developed and fun. Combat somehow manages to be worse than Minecraft, prospecting and mining is absolutely torturous, the ability to make barrels, lye, and certain tools and equipment might be completely unavailable to you depending on your luck with worldgen, and 49 out of 50 cave systems hold absolutely nothing for you except death to endless enemy spawns or falling down a naturally-occurring mineshaft.

I definitely got my money's worth out of it, but some of the systems aren't quite there yet and some of them, prospecting in particular, even when you know exactly what you're doing and have mods to help, seem very deliberately built to be as excruciating as possible. On the other hand, I'd still take it over a GT-based modpack. :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

bawk posted:

Sure. I'm home for lunch so I'll grab screenshots

SNIP

Thank you for this!! In return I have some base building updates. I got access to the architecture machine and went a bit crazy and spent more time on this then I should have but now I have a giant space that I can section off into rooms if I want and it should last for a few (but probably not long). I still need to convert the original section of my base to have these same blocks/color scheme (not a jaguars fan I swear!). But overall, I feel its slightly better than the giant boxes I usually build with square corners. I was happy to get the rounded edges working for the most part. There are some oddities because of how the blocks work.

obligatory oil fire :911:

Fun fact, the walls are all slabs with cladding so lots of hammering and blocks went into this :ugh:. The ceiling is also slabs.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

FPzero posted:

I also remember a different test world where someone used redpower microblocks to build an airplane or space shuttle that had the world spawn inside it, so you'd arrive and walk off the plane. In the same world I built an elaborate and very inefficient sorting system using buildcraft diamond pipes because the Redpower Sorting Machine wasn't around yet and neither was Applied Energistics.

My partners in crime back then were KillerOfLawyers, KakerMix, Cheap Shot, and others. I also remember powercrystals and...I can't remember the lead dev on Thermal Expansion's forum name. But they were both around too. I think powercrystals did the first Nether Ores and also Minefactory? I think Minefactory was the one with plastic machine blocks and was an alternative to Forestry because CovertJaguar hated what we were doing with modpacks as a whole.

Also Squirrelo, wargames and Karsan alongside KoL and Cockmoxie, but yeah, you were in the same poo poo. It has indeed, a lot of this was late 12 early 13, all before the cross compatible 1.7 series came out that December.

Also Sengir was exploding bees binch boy. CJ was the guy who made sanctions.jpg, so railcraft.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 4, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Fun fact, the walls are all slabs with cladding so lots of hammering and blocks went into this :ugh:. The ceiling is also slabs.

Big fan of the blazingly pink house, that rules. :classiclol: I like the color scheme, it matches the color of the MV machines so it's perfect for expanding your base out when adding MV stuff.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

bawk posted:

Big fan of the blazingly pink house, that rules. :classiclol: I like the color scheme, it matches the color of the MV machines so it's perfect for expanding your base out when adding MV stuff.

Ty except now I'm sitting here staring at this giant "Factory" open floor and can't figure out how to break it up or put what where. Also I learned there is a mixer that exists which lets you combine two blocks to have textures split in half which would have saved me so much time. However you can't put light fixtures on them like the slabs.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

StealthArcher posted:

Also Squirrelo, wargames and Karsan alongside KoL and Cockmoxie, but yeah, you were in the same poo poo. It has indeed, a lot of this was late 12 early 13, all before the cross compatible 1.7 series came out that December.

Also Sengir was exploding bees binch boy. CJ was the guy who made sanctions.jpg, so railcraft.

Why are we still using exploding bee and exploding rail mods?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

SugarAddict posted:

Why are we still using exploding bee and exploding rail mods?

I wasn't aware we were.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Finally figured out how to "fix" the scanner room crash in blightfall, take out blightbuster jar, run the server, turn off the server, re-add it, then run the server as normal, the scanner room will be empty, but the server will run.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Got through all the minesweeper levels and got 4 chests. Not a bad haul. Some HV stuff in there and the portable scanner :chefkiss:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

To whoever it was a week ago or so lamenting how annoying it is to get stickreed, I now know your pain. I've spent the last six hours or so just running around trying to get a crossbreed to occur.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

FPzero posted:

To whoever it was a week ago or so lamenting how annoying it is to get stickreed, I now know your pain. I've spent the last six hours or so just running around trying to get a crossbreed to occur.

Okay stupid question but your phrasing makes it sound like crossbreeding just isn't happening at all so... you're putting the second set of crop sticks on the empty ones between the plants, right?

I'm starting to think there's something about using Fertilized Dirt that makes mutations more likely because I feel like I get more new plants than old and I've had very little difficulty getting basically every plant up to tier 7.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have more benzene than I know what to do with :toot:

I originally pumped steam up to my ovens turbines to start, which is on the 2nd floor of the workshop, but now I'm piping it back down toward the first floor and am currently powering my Kanthal coil setup for electrolyzong materials/mixing dust/cooling ingots. Once I make the MV energy hatches required to get the EBF hot enough to cook the ingots, I should have 30 kanthal bars ready to rock and roll and start making the coils for both the EBF and the Pyrolyse oven. By the weekend I should have an HV-equivalent EBF and Pyrolyse oven with Kanthal coils, and the entire MV questbook to poke around in to see what other things there are to do

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Okay stupid question but your phrasing makes it sound like crossbreeding just isn't happening at all so... you're putting the second set of crop sticks on the empty ones between the plants, right?

I'm starting to think there's something about using Fertilized Dirt that makes mutations more likely because I feel like I get more new plants than old and I've had very little difficulty getting basically every plant up to tier 7.

Yeah, I've been getting other mutations in the meantime, just not the one I want. I'm even trying with a small group of argentia and plumbila nearby because apparently those have a high chance of mutating into stickreed too. Maybe I'll try switching out for fertilized dirt and see if that makes a difference.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

FPzero posted:

:xcom:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How do you all not get confused and lost when you go down the NEI rabbit hole trying to figure out how to get a liquid from the starter solid? When it's a multi step process?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Holyshoot posted:

How do you all not get confused and lost when you go down the NEI rabbit hole trying to figure out how to get a liquid from the starter solid? When it's a multi step process?

I want 4, which comes from 3, which comes from 2, which comes from 1

I have 1 on hand.

I look up how to do 1-> 2, and build it

I want 4, which comes from 3, which comes from 2

I have 2 on hand

I look up how to do 2 -> 3 and build it

I want 4, which comes from 3

I have 3 on hand

I look up how to do 3 -> 4 and build it

Edit: and then redo the whole thing because I hate how I did it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
IC2 crops suck rear end, time to move on to something easy and rewarding like bees.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm getting into the high 20s in Vault Hunters and the vaults are getting pretty spicy. Lots of beefy enemies, more challenge and omega rooms, more incentives to just go full greed and get punished for it. Just lost my boots and shield to Casual mode's damage instead of buyback, too. Had a massively good vault that I was seconds away from finishing, absolutely tragic.

Finally managed to get our drawer controller set up, so storage for loot and bulk blocks and drops is pretty well sorted for now, at least. Trying to decide on if we want to go Refined Storage or start with Cagerium or Easy Villagers for some automation. Really struggling on the POG front. I have like 10 of every other gem, but can't fine Petezanite for the life of me. I've only seen like 3 ore so far and have only managed to get a single gem out of those. RNG is brutal for the unique gems.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Devor posted:

I want 4, which comes from 3, which comes from 2, which comes from 1

I have 1 on hand.

I look up how to do 1-> 2, and build it

I want 4, which comes from 3, which comes from 2

I have 2 on hand

I look up how to do 2 -> 3 and build it

I want 4, which comes from 3

I have 3 on hand

I look up how to do 3 -> 4 and build it

Edit: and then redo the whole thing because I hate how I did it

This this this.

Remember if you find a recipe for making something, you can mouse over the end product when looking at that specific recipe and press A to add it to your favorites. It won't just bookmark that end product, it'll bookmark that specific recipe. So if you find the end result that makes the most sense, bookmark that recipe and then find the intermediate steps that make the most sense and bookmark those too. When you inevitably hit the "redo the whole thing" wall because you found a better way, get rid of the old bookmarked recipes after bookmarking the new ones so you don't get confused in the future.

The questbook will also happily tell you good starting points too. Ethylene is an early MV quest and it'll tell you the different ways you can make it, so you can always peek ahead a little bit by pressing the eye symbol that shows locked quests. Don't do it too much if it's overwhelming, but just knowing "the next Big Quest in MV is an MV electrolyzer and liquid/gas recipes after that" will give you the questbook's recommended methods to first look at, so you at least know where to start.

and don't be afraid to enable bq_admin edit to finish quests you already met the requirements for but it'd be a pain in the rear end to do. The biofuel tab that mentions building a shitload of coke ovens wants you to hold all hundred-some coke oven brick items. gently caress that. If you've got enough coke ovens already built, change the amount it wants you to hold to 1 brick and just move on in the questbook

E: actually, here's the best advice I think: when you're deep down the rabbit hole and it's full of weird confusing poo poo that you're having to bookmark in order to even make the machines, especially if you've just completed step 1-A out of the 14 steps to make the thing you need, take a break. Disengage, AFK. When I am stuck looking at which recipe I should be making and it requires putting multiple chemicals through the chem reactor in multiple steps, I'll slap a bookmark on the end product and go play a round or two of vampire survivors. It's easier to reset and say "okay, last time I made the MV mixer to make kanthal dust, found out I needed to get chrome dust, there's a thousand ways to do it and I said gently caress It, Hit Da Bricks. Let's see where chrome dust comes from again..." and it's almost always easier to parse when I'm not still thinking about the two or three other things i just busted my rear end to make.

bawk fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 4, 2023

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

i’m also gregging, mid-MV, and wanted to pay forward this insanely helpful GTNH/NEI tip:

when you’re prepping for a microcrafting session (like a new batch of machines), load up the recipe you want to use, mouse over the output, and favorite it with Ctrl Shift A.

now you have a bookmark that also shows the inputs to the specific recipe you chose, and clicking it takes you back to that specific recipe. you can delete individual inputs from the bookmark with A, so you can hide programmed circuits or whatever

AND…you can Ctrl Shift Mousewheel on the main bookmarked item to change the quantity, which will be reflected in the inputs, letting you know exactly how many 4x copper wires you need for your project

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

uniball posted:

AND…you can Ctrl Shift Mousewheel on the main bookmarked item to change the quantity, which will be reflected in the inputs, letting you know exactly how many 4x copper wires you need for your project

OK, I knew the rest, but this is news to me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

uniball posted:

i’m also gregging, mid-MV, and wanted to pay forward this insanely helpful GTNH/NEI tip:

when you’re prepping for a microcrafting session (like a new batch of machines), load up the recipe you want to use, mouse over the output, and favorite it with Ctrl Shift A.

now you have a bookmark that also shows the inputs to the specific recipe you chose, and clicking it takes you back to that specific recipe. you can delete individual inputs from the bookmark with A, so you can hide programmed circuits or whatever

i think one of the reasons I love gtnh so much is that it reminds me of playing la mulana for the first time. I think I'm all smart and poo poo when i figure out something, then I'll read somebody else talking about it and no. No I am not. there's always more and it's insane and cool every time

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
at this point the deepest gaming dream of mine is for there to somehow be a gregtech new horizons that sheds itself of base minecraft entirely and becomes its own game. there's so much potential locked just behind having to deal with being a collection of minecraft mods.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Impermanent posted:

at this point the deepest gaming dream of mine is for there to somehow be a gregtech new horizons that sheds itself of base minecraft entirely and becomes its own game. there's so much potential locked just behind having to deal with being a collection of minecraft mods.

Isn't satisfactory more or less this, Just not as crazy difficult with the processing lines.

uniball posted:

You also need to click the top bar to change how favorite items look I also recommend clicking the bottom arrow over.and making a separate page for this specific view I then like to click Into the individual items it requires like the copper wires and do the same thing to see how many bars I need, etc.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm finally delving into Create after eyeing it for quite a while and boy there is a lot here. Are there any tutorial videos that are up to date? I've found one set, but the recipes have changed since. It's still helpful for the basics, though.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Impermanent posted:

gregtech meets zachtronics where the main game is creating an assembly line of periodic elements that require specific combinations of materials to unlock new and more complicated tiers of assembly lines with more and more complicated electrical components. Tier 6 unlocks Ohm's Law 2, which holds a new universal constant that would revolutionize the field of physics. Only 11 people ever buy it, they're all in this thread, and we never shut the gently caress up about it. The solitaire game is a single-player version of catan; it still manages to be the single best part of the entire game despite being catan.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I broke down after roughly 10 hours of unsuccessful breeding for stickreed and just spawned some in. My penance is that the bags cheated in from NEI have 1/1/1 stats instead of potentially inheriting nice ones from all the reeds I grew. I got blazereed to grow before stickreed never showed up.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Isn't satisfactory more or less this, Just not as crazy difficult with the processing lines.

You also need to click the top bar to change how favorite items look I also recommend clicking the bottom arrow over.and making a separate page for this specific view I then like to click Into the individual items it requires like the copper wires and do the same thing to see how many bars I need, etc.

satisfactory deprives me of having to tinker with something for 45 minutes before i realize that i had a pipe inverted somewhere. Also it's a great game, but it's a bit on the easy side as far as processing stuff goes. The challenge is in scaling and transportation. There's also like 2 or 3 ores to keep track of instead of like 100.

Plus there aren't several different interlocking magical optional subsystems.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FPzero posted:

Don't think so. I do remember a technic MP world where we'd spawned in close to a bunch of really tall Redpower Rubber Trees and so we ended up making treehouse bases. And we also tested out the railcraft tunnel bore for the first time and it was kinda crap. But we were able to send minecarts with animals through a nether portal for no good reason!

There was also our first MP test where we spawned in a bunch of whatever we wanted and the first thing we did was try out the railcraft high speed rails, and discovered that if you derailed on them and exploded, it would cause a client crash for everyone in a nearby vicinity.

Somewhere out there someone has an image of a bunch of us standing on that plane wing, posing for the camera. Hard to believe it's probably been about ten years since then.

I wish I could find the imgur of that screenshot on everyone on the shuttle wing. That was a classic server. It might still be in the private servers thread on archives somewhere. I still remember the old sorting machines that were made, and the bugs. Like you may remember sending minecarts through a nether portal, but I remember when we were testing out the cross functionality with tekkit and bukkit and had a plug in for that. It endlessly replicated minecarts on the far end of the portal until the server crashed, but I got a good screenshot of someone buried in mine carts before the server died. It is hard to believe it's a decade ago.

Anyways, for TFC I recently played this pack with a friend: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/all-the-mods-gravitas

It scratches some of the things I've always wanted, a progression in TFC to add some tech stuff. Honestly not badly put together, we had a lot of fun before getting too busy to finish. The newer TFC's are a lot better now, it's still not got all the old features with soil nutrients, but the mining and the framework is all there and there's better mod mods now. I highly recommend that pack if someone is looking for a more modern TFC+ look. Very satisfying to go from stone age to the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
1.18 TFC pack!? What madness.