Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
It’s a false flag

They replaced it with a polyester one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Russia threatens to invade Ukraine in "special military operation" to punish ukraine for bombing the kremlin.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It was Putin's horse cum delivery, got lost and crashed into the Kremlin

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Letting a drone fly all the way to the capital and almost blow up the Kremlin isn't a great look.

On the other hand, now is around the time when Poopin will have to decide whether to wrap things up and go home or triple down on more death. So that could certainly be an attempt by him or the ultranationalists to justify the latter.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jokes aside at absolute best thats a comercial quadrotor drone so it was launched locally, which means its probably by local anti putin partisans rather than ukraine. This is assuming its not a false flag to justify one million troops being drafted.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What's the weather like on 9th May? Seems like a good day to start a counter offensive.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Oh we're so mad, we're gonna invade even harder now!"

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Watch Russia start a war over this!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Tarquinn posted:

Watch Russia start a war over this!

WATCH PUTIN START A loving WAR

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The Great Drone War

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Have they threatened nukes yet?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So attach a grenade/small explosive to a lovely drone
Fly it at the Kremlin
Assume putler sleeps in the dome despite it being a pretty big secret where he actually sleeps
Completely miss the HUGE loving dome that is likely 3 inches thick and a grenade/small explosive would never penetrate
Someone just happens to have a camera pointing directly at the dome in the middle of the night
Rush to the media about assassination and relations will happen

Did I get that right..

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I mean everyone knows there are cameras pointed at the White House and probably most countries' state houses all the time, that's not really some kind of false flag giveaway.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Have they threatened nukes yet?

Please, noble russia would never do such a thing!a 100th time

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

"Oh we're so mad, we're gonna invade even harder now!"

Cue mighty Russia blanketing the whole sky in these pieces of poo poo:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drone_Fragger posted:

Russia threatens to invade Ukraine in "special military operation" to punish ukraine for bombing the kremlin.

A very special military operation

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah I mean it does look pretty symbolic, it looks like they just blew up a loving flag on top of the Kremlin which is hilarious. I am curious what the Russian response will be blah blah blah I'm sure they will threaten to use nukes and everything and then won't. Which is pretty funny because they just attacked the capital building of Russia so this is one of those red lines that Obama was always talking about

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1653749393009397762
And here's another ammo depot on fire.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tai posted:

Fly it at the Kremlin
Assume putler sleeps in the dome despite it being a pretty big secret where he actually sleeps
Completely miss the HUGE loving dome that is likely 3 inches thick and a grenade/small explosive would never penetrate
Someone just happens to have a camera pointing directly at the dome in the middle of the night

Did I get that right..

If it was an UA drone, it actually makes perfect sense. They wouldn't want to actually hit Kremlin due to backlash, red lines, whatever; but blowing up the Russian flag on top of the symbol of state power while causing no collateral damage? That's a different matter entirely, and a powerful symbolic message. As well as undeniable because somebody is always watching the Kremlin.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

I mean everyone knows there are cameras pointed at the White House and probably most countries' state houses all the time, that's not really some kind of false flag giveaway.

Security cam sure. That deff isn't a security cam

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

If it was an UA drone, it actually makes perfect sense. They wouldn't want to actually hit Kremlin due to backlash, red lines, whatever; but blowing up the Russian flag on top of the symbol of state power while causing no collateral damage? That's a different matter entirely, and a powerful symbolic message. As well as undeniable because somebody is always watching the Kremlin.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tai posted:

Security cam sure. That deff isn't a security cam

There are things like panorama TV stations that do nothing but cycle through camera feeds of various scenic areas... Must be even more prevalent in the age of streaming. This is the most plausible part of it, Kremlin's gotta be constantly filmed by multiple independent entities 24/7.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's that a flamethrower done for clearing debris from power lines? :dogstare:

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

https://twitter.com/APHClarkson/status/1653752821395628032?s=20

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Yes. Seems like it would be useful for burning down fascist flags too!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/OlgaNYC1211/status/1653743763557081092
:qqsay: we will ban all the drones, that'll stop them!

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Tai posted:

Fly it at the Kremlin

Did I get that right..

The roof did catch fire, so probably not a complete miss.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Was there any evidence they blew up statue man cuz that had Russian faction written all over it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Beehives 🐝

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

Was there any evidence they blew up statue man cuz that had Russian faction written all over it

No there wasn't. Pretty much everyone agreed that this was done by the FSB as a warning to the ultranationalist faction to tone down their screeching.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ukraine should follow russias lead and ban war so it ends.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1653676534702526467
Igor shared a list of unexplained accidents across Russia and the occupied territory today, and asks why Russia can't do anything about them.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

On the topic of the Nord Stream thing, discussion in another thread made me think of a very historical analogue: the Shelling of Mainila. Back in 1939 the world's second biggest rear end in a top hat ever, Stalin, really wanted to invade Finland and break all kinds of international treaties, but didn't want to risk looking like a villain.

So what is a poo poo-headed dictator to do?

They shelled a Soviet village, claimed they had concrete proof it was actually Finland who shelled a Soviet village, and used that as both a propaganda win at home, and to give them the excuse to invade us. Only whoops it was the NKVD all along!

But I'm sure they wouldn't do the same thing again!

Yeah about that "same thing again":

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/02/21/russia-says-border-facility-near-ukraine-destroyed-in-shell-attack-a76487 look at the date, 21.2.2022, three days before invasion.

It was mostly overlooked, but Russia literally redid Mainila shelling as an opening act. This time, it hardly mattered and basically everyone just ignored it as Russian posturing. Putin really just recycled Stalin's script from Winter War, another Russian war of aggression that went well and reached all objectives ahead of schedule.

Sprenk
May 8, 2005

(not fat)
So first they had "SIMS 3" instead of "3 SIMs" and now it's a "false flag attack" instead of a "false flag attack"?

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
https://twitter.com/NatalkaKyiv/status/1653751335139901441

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah about that "same thing again":

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/02/21/russia-says-border-facility-near-ukraine-destroyed-in-shell-attack-a76487 look at the date, 21.2.2022, three days before invasion.

It was mostly overlooked, but Russia literally redid Mainila shelling as an opening act. This time, it hardly mattered and basically everyone just ignored it as Russian posturing. Putin really just recycled Stalin's script from Winter War, another Russian war of aggression that went well and reached all objectives ahead of schedule.

It's not overlooked in pro-Russian circles. "Ukraine hugely increased the shelling of Donbas, in three days they'd have crossed the border with this stuff, Russia had no choice but to attack them preemptively, here look at this OSCE proof!" is still a recurring talking point of Kremlin shills.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/kromark/status/1653761880144396288?s=20

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

My only wish for this brazen flag desecration at the Kremlin is that FSB humiliatingly discovers and announces that the drone operator is "Catboy Ukrainian soldier with the call sign "Burger"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Prigozhin gave not a single gently caress about what happened, apparently, only asking for more shells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gonna be interesting if the guy climbing onto the dome was controlling the drone, would be on par with the superstars who brought you green wigs, Nazi t shirts, and 3 copies of sims 3 as evidence of a Ukrainian plot