Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

ChickenHeart posted:

Rumbler needs to function like a TF2 grenade launcher/loch-n-load and allow for air shots and grenade jumps

Base Ogryn is already pretty much a Demoknight so it's only fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Patch dropped with the new penances and some light balance changes and fixes. This one caught my eye:

The Bigger They Are …

Increased the Damage Bonus from 50% to 75%.

they're buffing me for no reason!! i run this exclusively and already top damage every game and destroy every group of ogryns with my bolter 🙏

I'm gonna be so op omg

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/patch-9-garbs-and-penances/78980

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

drat, thats going to be sweet

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

they’re also fixing some of the more egregious old penances, specifically heavyweight champion, friends will be friends and going out with a bang. oddly when I logged in it registered that I had accomplished Pick N Mix, because I had previously gotten to a 4-count?

The only old penances I’m still missing are Heavyweight Champion (should be trivial to accomplish on an ordinary damnation run now) and Just a Flesh Wound, which I’ll have to get a group for I guess.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

FYI they broke the shader compiler caching in the patch and the games all fucky now until your shaders get rebuilt which takes like 3-5 missions, they're working on a hotfix for it

also any mod that interacts with the UI is crashing the game so disable mods for now until those get updated

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

they’re also fixing some of the more egregious old penances, specifically heavyweight champion, friends will be friends and going out with a bang. oddly when I logged in it registered that I had accomplished Pick N Mix, because I had previously gotten to a 4-count?

The only old penances I’m still missing are Heavyweight Champion (should be trivial to accomplish on an ordinary damnation run now) and Just a Flesh Wound, which I’ll have to get a group for I guess.

I'm kinda pissed they took the psyker monstrosity one and made it private lobby only since thats one of 2 I have left to do (that and the ogryn coherency one I just never bother to do it)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

My 4 stack of friends got one of our group the psyker daemonhost killing one and honestly without a 4 stack I don't see how you'd ever get a lobby of randos to do it with you. But I suppose if you asked enough times at mission start you might get lucky one day (under the old non-private setup).

And you probably know this but the way to get is is have a shield Ogryn draw the initial aggro, so they can withstand enough attacks for you to get all the required brain bursts off.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I've actually done it 3 times with randos where the pubbie psyker asked politely if we'd let them try for the penance and everyone agreed. Its really not a penance that needs to be done with a private group :(

Also the 2 mods that are broken are numericUI and ui_extension so just remove those (scoreboard will be broken too once you remove ui_extension)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Wow, those penances that are tied to Steam achievements are significantly easier now. The Psyker one only requiring one elite now is huge.

The only really "hard" Steam penance now looks to be Flawless Execution, which can be cheesed by playing low intensity Malice and don't be a team player :(

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've been out since like January. I see they finished the weapon system, added a bunch of weapons, rejiggered blessings, etc.

Has any of my stuff been nerfed? Like am I going to have to replace my Kantrael, Antax with Brutal Momentum, Voidstrike, Cleaver, etc?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Jerkface posted:

I've actually done it 3 times with randos where the pubbie psyker asked politely if we'd let them try for the penance and everyone agreed. Its really not a penance that needs to be done with a private group :(

Also the 2 mods that are broken are numericUI and ui_extension so just remove those (scoreboard will be broken too once you remove ui_extension)

Ah well glad to be wrong on that although guess it doesn't matter now :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've been out since like January. I see they finished the weapon system, added a bunch of weapons, rejiggered blessings, etc.

Has any of my stuff been nerfed? Like am I going to have to replace my Kantrael, Antax with Brutal Momentum, Voidstrike, Cleaver, etc?

No all that stuff is as good if not better

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Patience won out and I had a very easy time finishing up the remaining OG penances. Now I just need to figure out which Ogryn Heresy + mission I need to do and I'm totally done. :toot:

Nehru the Damaja posted:

aside from Power Sword and Flamer which have both (deservedly) eaten a few nerfs, literally everything else has just gotten buffs or remained the same.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Nope, those all remain near top of the heap. The biggest nerfs that garnered complaints were:

Power Sword: The base energized swing went from 2->1 and Power Cycler got nerfed from adding an extra 3 energized swings to 2. They just added a Tier 3 Power cycler to give 1 extra energized swing, so the nerfs actually made cycler even more desirable.

Flamer took a hit to damage and ammo but is still just as OP at blinding your teammates (with a Purgatus buddy). But really it's still good at clearing everything and anything, especially if you chastise the wicked while everything's burning.

There have been a ton of buffs and bug fixes that have made a lot of weapons blessings viable, but I'm still mostly working on getting a decent couple base sets for each character so I haven't branched out to the more niche weapons too much.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Managed to roll up my first weapon with bonafide "absolutely-maximum" stats:

Should swap Brutal Momentum out with another tier-4 blessing at some point, though.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I don't need to go looking for vet weapons for a while.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

K Prime posted:

hooooooooooooooooooooooly gently caress i want that, i have made like 30 powerswords since ive started hunting for powercycler and got jackshit

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just switch to axe :black101:

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Stanley Pain posted:

Yeah can confirm all three of the combat axes on Vet are real versatile and mulch crowds good if you got the Brutal Momentum

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Stanley Pain posted:

I want to use the iconic 40k weapon :( I use axe on my zealot tho

Powersword without PC is still fine if you have slaughterer, since you use your 1 activation to build some stacks and you can just swing unpowered and still kill hordes which is what its mainly used for anyways. I just really wanna get the multiple activations for edge cases :argh:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Jerkface posted:

I want to use the iconic 40k weapon :(

but that's the chainsword and bolter??

edit: ogryn should get a broken power fist

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Pharmaskittle posted:

but that's the chainsword and bolter??

edit: ogryn should get a broken power fist

Power weapons are just as iconic imo. They need to add a powerfist into the game! As an ex Imperial Guard table top player I gave all my officers/veterans powersword. Chainswords are for NCOs :colbert:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jerkface posted:

I want to use the iconic 40k weapon :( I use axe on my zealot tho

Powersword without PC is still fine if you have slaughterer, since you use your 1 activation to build some stacks and you can just swing unpowered and still kill hordes which is what its mainly used for anyways. I just really wanna get the multiple activations for edge cases :argh:

That's the thing. If I'm just swinging normally I'd rather have BM + something on an axe. Mind you even with just 1 cycle on the power sword you can still get into a good rhythm.

Jerkface posted:

They need to add a powerfist into the game!

I'd love to see that.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I want to use the iconic 40k weapon :(

i don't see a shovel in that loadout

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

K Prime posted:

:catstare:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cease to Hope posted:

i don't see a shovel in that loadout

They did say iconic, not role play :q:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I fucken did it, power cycler rank 4 baaaaby. Now I just needa hunt for a powersword thats an upgrade over my current one to slap it onto.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PSA to all Vets after the patch: Plasma Gun + The Bigger They Are + new weakspot changes to Beast of Nurgle (even with their health buffs!) =

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1103462973604900984/Plasma_Holy_Shit.mp4

Holy poo poo. :swanlake: :black101:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

goddamn

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Just so it's clear, that was a Damnation BoN.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 4, 2023

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Jumped back in after a hiatus. For some reason the game runs like complete poo poo now. It's constantly stuttering. I've messed with various settings and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

someone was saying your shaders have to get rebuilt so it runs like poo poo the first few times since the last patch

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

its all nice on rice posted:

Jumped back in after a hiatus. For some reason the game runs like complete poo poo now. It's constantly stuttering. I've messed with various settings and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it.

Takes 3 or 4 missions for all the shaders to get built on the current patch. Once its built it should be fine unless you rebuild your shader cache. Theyre working on a patch for it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What an odd thing. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll grind through it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Other games solve this by rebuilding the shaders at first startup or after a significant settings change, so it only takes 2 or 3 minutes, instead of making the player play an an hour or more with lovely (or shittier ) performance.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fishstick posted:

Other games solve this by rebuilding the shaders at first startup or after a significant settings change, so it only takes 2 or 3 minutes, instead of making the player play an an hour or more with lovely (or shittier ) performance.

Yea its just a mistake by fatshark, which they are fixing (hopefully quickly!) - I wasnt really prepared for the actual fatshark experience for my first game from them as its just as "bad" as everyone said.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure Darktide has a "build shader" thing before launch, so it's even more of a mystery as to what the gently caress is happening.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/137rn3z/free_warhammer_fest_cosmetics/

tl;dr: Use code "WarhammerFest" on https://accounts.atoma.cloud/dashboard/redeem-code to get:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

When your warhammer has morehammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Moehammer :black101: