Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The game is not nearly hard enough to need all that stuff. Just upgrade your favorite armors enough to get the bonus skills and use plenty of buff food and you'll be more than fine. Focus on the beasts and memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, Trial of the Sword is DLC that didn't exist when BOTW launched, it's not required for anything. Which is good, because it sucks - the combat is the least good part of BOTW and a 100-floor dungeon of nothing but combat is a terrible way to spend your time playing the game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I've gone and done it gang: I've seen the leaks. All I can say is "yep that sure is a video game"

Still eagerly awaiting the release and insta buy day ONE but yeah people got all the details from cutscenes to map design/size to game structure. I don't mind being spoiled on gameplay stuff as it acts as a preview as to what I'm exactly paying for but definitely avoid places like reddit or probably any Zelda adjacent community for the next few days if you wanna go in entirely blind. Most of them have strict rules on spoilers fwiw.

I'm also looking forward to more concrete reports on performance, seems to run fine with the occasional dips

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 3, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Cool

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Waffle! posted:

1080 Snowboarding is coming to Switch Online sometime soon.

A game infamous for wrecking analog sticks. This could be trouble.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KingSlime posted:

I've gone and done it gang: I've seen the leaks. All I can say is "yep that sure is a video game"

thanks I was really on the fence about that

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Augus posted:

thanks I was really on the fence about that

Smh I was thinking this was the new Zelda screensaver

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yesss!! I've cleared 2BC in Dead Cells and it feels so drat good. Who knows maybe I'll beat 5BC one day.

Seeing my progress play out is kind of insane and very fun. I don't have much time to commit to games like this lately but seeing how my muscle memory takes over as soon as my brain detects any danger is pretty awesome. I feel like I'm able to move and react more quickly than I'm able to process consciously, but that just speaks to the game's speed / viscerality especially at higher difficulty levels. I definitely still make miscalculations but for the most part if things get scary I can find a way out with a whirlwind of murder and well timed dodging, haven't even gotten cozy with shields yet

I got wiped out by the first boss in 3BC mostly due to going with a tactics build so my hp melted but I was doing okay til then! Dead Cells is amazing to play, feel like I could play this on and off for years.

For reference the difficulty goes normal (0) hard (1) very hard (2) expert (3) nightmare (4) hell (5) with higher difficulties having stronger enemies, brand new mobs in some places, healing recharges pretty much removed entirely other than the ones you start with, and even brand new weapons n outfits to unlock. It feels like after 1BC the game is pretty much telling you never ever get hit

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 3, 2023

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

been playing some classic Zelda games via the Online NES/SNES/GBA apps and i gotta say they've all been great services so far & i wish i had really checked em out sooner cuz it rocks to have all these games altogether. thank you Nintendo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

thank you Nintendo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will not thank Nintendo until they release Pokemon Emerald.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they did, in 2004 :twisted:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Pokemon is a bad game. Sanctioned animal fights are bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tears of the Kingdom preload when???

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Silver was the best one anyway

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The cart was dumped a few days ago, and it runs like rear end on emulators! Preload starts on the 12th iirc.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Starting on the 5th to the 12th

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

Silver was the best one anyway

gold bish

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The 5th if Nintendo’s “you preordered this with a game voucher there’s no takebacks after this date” warning email is to be believed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Feels Villeneuve posted:

For every day that you do not thank Nintendo, I will thank them twice.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

elf help book posted:

For every day you thank Nintendo twice, I will not thank them four times. :colbert:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
you can preload TotK off of switchgame.ru

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

The 5th if Nintendo’s “you preordered this with a game voucher there’s no takebacks after this date” warning email is to be believed

Oh baby Tears of the Kingdom AND Silksong coming out the same week? We’re gonna be GAMING

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

you can preload TotK off of switchgame.ru

Yeah..... if you want to support the Putin regime!!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah..... if you want to support the Putin regime!!!

Do you think the person behind the drone strike was ... Miyamoto??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

External Organs posted:

that would be cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

External Organs posted:

No. I think it was the Great Demon King, Ganondorf.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Still bitter that Putin delayed Advance Wars.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Advance Wars comes out and one week later theres an alleged assassination attempt. coincidence?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

KingSlime posted:

Yesss!! I've cleared 2BC in Dead Cells and it feels so drat good. Who knows maybe I'll beat 5BC one day.

Seeing my progress play out is kind of insane and very fun. I don't have much time to commit to games like this lately but seeing how my muscle memory takes over as soon as my brain detects any danger is pretty awesome. I feel like I'm able to move and react more quickly than I'm able to process consciously, but that just speaks to the game's speed / viscerality especially at higher difficulty levels. I definitely still make miscalculations but for the most part if things get scary I can find a way out with a whirlwinb of murder and well timed dodging, haven't even gotten cozy with shields yet

I got wiped out by the first boss in 3BC mostly due to going with a tactics build so my hp melted but I was doing okay til then! Dead Cells is amazing to play, feel like I could play this on and off for years.

For reference the difficulty goes normal (0) hard (1) very hard (2) expert (3) nightmare (4) hell (5) with higher difficulties having stronger enemies, brand new mobs in some places, healing recharges pretty much removed entirely other than the ones you start with, and even brand new weapons n outfits to unlock. It feels like after 1BC the game is pretty much telling you never ever get hit

I was very lukewarm on Dead Cells until:

1. I bought all of the DLC, having all the extra levels available makes it a much bigger game with multiple paths/bosses (like Binding of Isaac)

2. Focused on getting gud at shields / parrying. It's OP when you get consistent with it.

3. Learned that you should pick a stat very early (brutality/tactics/survival) and to max it out. Stick with gear that is attuned to that stat.

In the past week I've beat all three DLC bosses and I'm about to start trying 1BC runs.

FUN

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

elf help book posted:

when there was only one set of footprints in the sand, that was when Nintendo was carrying the video game market

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Not sure how much of a crossover there is in this thread, but if you have Xbox Game Pass or Live Gold, you can get the Xbox port of the N64 podracer game for free right now https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/STAR-WARS-Episode-I-Racer/9NDBR93LNRQD

I mention it here because I assume a lot of Switch owners also had N64s and may have played a bit of the original

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

neato burrito posted:

I was very lukewarm on Dead Cells until:

1. I bought all of the DLC, having all the extra levels available makes it a much bigger game with multiple paths/bosses (like Binding of Isaac)

2. Focused on getting gud at shields / parrying. It's OP when you get consistent with it.

3. Learned that you should pick a stat very early (brutality/tactics/survival) and to max it out. Stick with gear that is attuned to that stat.

In the past week I've beat all three DLC bosses and I'm about to start trying 1BC runs.

FUN

Totally agreed on all these points and also practicing on bosses in the training room is monumental. The trick is to go in there and don't try to kill them, just try to dodge or parry for as long as possible. When they kill you do it again and again.

This way next time you face them in your actual run your nerves won't be shot to hell n back which is usually why I lose. I panic and make mistakes! If you study beforehand you're going to be dodging a lot more attacks than you expect

When I downed the main final boss in 2bc I still had a flask charge or two left!! This is pretty amazing because he was usually stomping me very quickly but a few rounds in the training area gave me nearly immediate results

Sigh now to master the Castlevania and lighthouse bosses, they are gonna be a real bitch in higher difficulties if 0BC was anything to go by

E: oops removed spoiler main game boss name

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 3, 2023

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FlapYoJacks posted:

Pokemon is a bad game. Sanctioned animal fights are bad.

I've been playing a bit of Cassette Beasts on the Steam Deck and at a glance it seems like an impressive, thoughtful new contestant in the genre.

I think it's getting a Switch version, possibly even soon, but I had downtime last week.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh baby Tears of the Kingdom AND Silksong coming out the same week? We’re gonna be GAMING

Tears of the Kingdom isn't coming out in 2031

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

History Comes Inside! posted:

gently caress i think I used the voucher I had saved for totk on link’s awakening. It said I had one when I thought I had used all of the 4 I bought but I guess it just hadn’t redeemed it for totk yet

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I will not thank Nintendo until they release Mystical Ninja Starring Geoman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, Divine Beast down! Was an interesting experience but didn't really feel like a classic dungeon. I hope I got all the treasures.

Now that I have Revali's Fury I think I'll try and find all the rest of the DLC stuff (I paid for it), including an early visit to Hyrule Castle, to get stuff and maybe memories before going for the other beasts.