Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

uwaeve posted:

I hope they don’t gently caress it up too bad if they do make changes.

Heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I ran the guardian games competitive strike yesterday, got a platinum score and then found out I can glow at the last city. Oh and I got awarded something like 8 masterworked taraxippos

Pretty cool

But I'm not too fond of having to run a few games of supremacy to get the Champ title. I think I'm gonna skip out on chasing that title

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

neutral milf hotel posted:

I ran the guardian games competitive strike yesterday, got a platinum score and then found out I can glow at the last city. Oh and I got awarded something like 8 masterworked taraxippos

Pretty cool

But I'm not too fond of having to run a few games of supremacy to get the Champ title. I think I'm gonna skip out on chasing that title

Supremacy is amazing. It’s connection based and you can run over new lights repeatedly. Easy 30+ bombs over and over again. :allears:

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
The CBMM is Supremacy is bringing back old IB vibes, specifically the tick-tock pattern of stomping and then getting stomped.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Taunting+Finisher = Buckets of points. Do it to all yellow bars.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is Bungie bad at percentiles or does 100% of the population really have a higher Platinum Score than I do on the nightfall

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the state of Supremacy is a big lol. I've done a dozen matches or so and maybe 2 or 3 of them weren't stomps in one way or the other. When you combine the game rules that are brand new to a lot of people and the number of players who jump in without a PVP build it's just a recipe for endless steamrolling

Mesadoram posted:

It's >9000 points if you do it to a champion, you can pretty much singlehandedly guarantee platinum by sneaking up to each one and waiting for the pubbies to wear it down. Unless someone* is absolutely pasting them with big punch weapons so you don't get the finisher prompt at all

*me with leviathan

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 3, 2023

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

I'm kind of more looking forward to seeing Zero Hour and Whisper again more. I wonder if they plan to refresh or adjust those to be more appropriate to the current sandbox?

They would have to port those to the upgraded engine, so it would be a lot of work for activities that don't even fit into the loot chase because you can just buy the weapons at the kiosk (meaning that few would play them). I wouldn't hold my breath, even though they were some of the best content the game has ever seen.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

Supremacy is amazing. It’s connection based and you can run over new lights repeatedly. Easy 30+ bombs over and over again. :allears:

I played one game of crucible like two years ago

PvP is just not for me

Or at least put me in a match against other goobers who don't know what to do and I'll tolerate that

:shrug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I played one game of crucible like two years ago

PvP is just not for me

Or at least put me in a match against other goobers who don't know what to do and I'll tolerate that

:shrug:

I like being matched up against people like you. :yeshaha:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

I like being matched up against people like you. :yeshaha:

:evilbuddy:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Is there a way to look at teammate setups or weapons or stats? Some dude just melted the giant eyeball boss in seconds in a vanguard yesterday and it'd be nice to learn a thing or two.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

smallmouth posted:

Is there a way to look at teammate setups or weapons or stats? Some dude just melted the giant eyeball boss in seconds in a vanguard yesterday and it'd be nice to learn a thing or two.

You can Inspect other players through the activity list, which shares a screen with your friend list and clan roster.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

smallmouth posted:

If you open the director during an activity and go to the friends tab, the leftmost column is all players in the current fireteam and bubble. If you highlight one you can bring up a menu and select "inspect player"

You can also inspect players standing nearby in the world by aiming at them and clicking and holding the right stick to get an inspect prompt

If they aren't accessible through either of these, you can try looking them up on guardian.gg

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

works for orange bars too; do it on the Minotaurs in Hypernet Current and you can probably clear 200k

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

smallmouth posted:

The D2 companion app provides a history of your activities. You can pull up guardian profiles that way. The Braytech D2 app is also really good for that too

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

They would have to port those to the upgraded engine, so it would be a lot of work for activities that don't even fit into the loot chase because you can just buy the weapons at the kiosk (meaning that few would play them). I wouldn't hold my breath, even though they were some of the best content the game has ever seen.

Well DMT and Hawkmoon are already available at Xur, but I guess they could be added back to their missions. (Though I want to say a dev alluded to them maybe getting the Rev0 treatment?)

but then what does Vox and Seraph offer? Or I guess they didn't make Rev0 available in the kiosk?

I'm assuming there might be additional reasons/rewards to do the exotic mission rotator, to mitigate all these issues, but who knows.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

The other key to big GG scores is weapon frenzy medals — the ones for 15 rapid kills are 5k each. Forbearance will generate huge numbers of Special Frenzy, Arc Frenzy, and Crater Maker medals if you shoot it at the big add spawns.

Do that and emote-finishers on all champs and orange-bars (e.g. all minotaurs, ogres, etc) and you’ll break 250k without any particular cheesing.

But also meh at a certain point anything above 180k is just measuring your curlies.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1653808843036536837

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Void hunter only getting better :sickos:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
We are so loving back

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mesadoram posted:

Void hunter only getting better :sickos:

Heck yeah :hfive:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

PERMACAV 50 posted:

We are so loving back

this was my favorite super until PvP shitters hosed it up, let’s drat go

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is Bungie bad at percentiles or does 100% of the population really have a higher Platinum Score than I do on the nightfall

My new high is 206k, which puts me in the top 20% supposedly. Very proud for getting that when my fellow fireteam members were both level 6; they actually took my taunt+finisher advice and one of them even chatted me "oh poo poo, that's how to do it" in reference to my instructions regarding how to make the sparrow section easier.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Are there any single-fragment-slot aspects left after that change? Seems like the only aspect that wouldn't be at 2 would be On Your Mark at 3. At that point, why even have the fragment slots linked to aspect choice?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Titans got a mobility nerf :smith:

Seismic Strike, Shield Bash, Hammer Strike cost 15% melee energy on activation.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Forward_Bee posted:

My new high is 206k, which puts me in the top 20% supposedly. Very proud for getting that when my fellow fireteam members were both level 6; they actually took my taunt+finisher advice and one of them even chatted me "oh poo poo, that's how to do it" in reference to my instructions regarding how to make the sparrow section easier.

I got lucky and got some randos in the fireteam who were playing well. We got 216k and put us at the top 10%

Weird thing is the competitive strikes aren't showing up in my activity history... wonder if that's stemming or related to those activities not counting towards some seasonal quests

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pretty cool

It takes about 7? 8? Supremacy matches to cover the entirety of the Champ title as well as get the Platinum rewards for this week. Not the worst thing in the world.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
So an update regarding gutshot synergy: apparently it does buff both explostive ammunition /and/ voltshot by about 20%. That's at least per a whole bunch of posts I've been seeing. Frenzy also buffs both these things FWIW.

Forward_Bee fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 3, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
For most people it will take a lot longer than 7-8 matches to get the weekly bounty

Also odds are a few of those matches will have your team get <30 crests in total

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

haveblue posted:

For most people it will take a lot longer than 7-8 matches to get the weekly bounty

Also odds are a few of those matches will have your team get <30 crests in total
oh the weekly bounty. I was talking about the stuff in the card, not the bounty. Don't need the bounties for the card. Also I have no idea how the scoring for the card works, because I did a Supremacy match in the class-locked playlist and we won with 150 points, and it rewarded me 230 "widgets" towards the platinum weekly rewards...?

I did enough matches to go from 0->782 crucible points. It's not as many matches as you'd think, it was way longer to complete the nightfall challenge.

Sestze fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 3, 2023

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Forward_Bee posted:

What's a good trick for getting the plat score this week? Is it just taunt+finisher? Or do I have to do dumb poo poo like kill thralls in the sparrow section?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lord Wexia posted:

What's a good trick for getting the plat score this week? Is it just taunt+finisher? Or do I have to do dumb poo poo like kill thralls in the sparrow section?

It's mostly that. Make sure you are doing it to as many champs as you can, and use AOE stuff to get spree medals

You will probably hit 150-160 even if your pubbies are assholes and speedrun it, it doesn't take much extra effort

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sestze posted:

It takes about 7? 8? Supremacy matches to cover the entirety of the Champ title as well as get the Platinum rewards for this week. Not the worst thing in the world.

It's something I'll consider. Maybe I'll ask my clan to carry my blueberry corpse across a handful of matches

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

It's mostly that. Make sure you are doing it to as many champs as you can, and use AOE stuff to get spree medals

You will probably hit 150-160 even if your pubbies are assholes and speedrun it, it doesn't take much extra effort

Yeah using volatile damage to clear ads was super useful for me to build up points

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Run strand and ABC

Always
Be using your super to
Clear adds

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Get your platinum asap because there's a requirement to do 15 Nightfalls and people are going to be exclusively speed running soon if not already

(or group up, as is generally preferable)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also a good idea to do the 15 NFs this week while they also count as Neomuna activities for a different triumph

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Lots of good stuff: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/s21_abilities_tuning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I used that new exotic machine gun, vexadecimal I think it's called, to absolutely destroy the strike. Just normal nez warlock stuff besides that, ended up with 168,000 points from me alone, was pretty fantastic. I slightly messed up my build and didn't have a way to stun unstoppables, but it was still the most overpowered I've felt in a while, really made me wanna use that thing more. Didn't realize about the point bonus from emoting before finishers til I read the thread, that definitely contributes a lot to getting a big score.