Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Commodore_64 posted:

I hate to be that guy but could you NMS that stuff? I've seen enough corpses and mangled bodies for a while.

I've deleted it. That collage pics was clean before. Sorry friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Teatime posted:

It’s been said from reliable sources that the tiny Zelensky personally piloted the small manned aircraft into the Kremlin himself, supposedly only bailing out at the last second with his parachute made from a small handkerchief. My infallible sources tell me he is currently at large in the Moscow countryside.

E: also, monke's been informed

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
You gotta be careful about the Kherson Cat account in particular. They tend to add NWS/NMS things to posts that were previously safe before. It's probably best to just not embed tweets from that account and just screenshot+post them instead to make sure they won't change on you after the fact.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

My take is they refuse to admit they've lost yet again and are doubling down for the 5th time so they do actually need another draft as some leaks have reported. The first one wasn't exactly cheered by the populace as a heroic endeavor and they had to force people into it. A second draft would be much worse.

So operating on the terms where you must continue the war when most of your army has died then you must do a second, bigger, more ugly draft. This draft would be different than the first as everyone realizes the first draft failed and those people mostly died. They also have less people to draft after throwing the infirm and elderly at the trenches already so this draft will cut deeper. It would be received worse as they will have to force more people at gunpoint to go die like the original conscripts.

In stupid strategic terms they also probably are going to try to do a bigger draft because they obviously think the problem is lack of foot soldiers. The more people they have to force at gunpoint to their deaths the worse it looks domestically and internationally.

I'm not saying that kremlin attack is fake but it honestly looks like a WWE pyrotechnic explosion like Kane came out of the kremlin and raised his hands while the flag symbolically poofed up in smoke in a fireball. It looks extremely lovely so it's down to if you think Ukraine sent extremely lovely drones to target the flag as a symbolic gesture or if Russia set off some fireworks on their own flag to manipulate their population into thinking they are under attack and to try and generate a patriotic response like the Dollar Tree equivalent of the world trade center attacks where they didn't want to use actual missiles or actually destroy anything.

:hmmyes:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

zone posted:

He rattled on about muh nooks when the Engels airbase got paid a visit. Nothing happened then either.

Do you have a link?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

E: also, monke's been informed

Issuing a correction to this, Zelenskyy said he didn't do it: https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/05/3/7400529/

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I wonder whether some poor guy in Tatarstan cares enough about flagpole in Kremlin that it somehow awakens patriotism in him. Probably not.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's just a saying that Russians have, it doesn't mean anything. Like, when we say "I don't like this" or "gently caress you" they say "I'm threatening you with nuclear retaliation!"

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

HonorableTB posted:

Be nice to Willo, it can't be easy to have your balls be under nuclear crosshairs.

The funny thing about this drone attack on the Kremlin is that no matter whether it was a Russian false flag or a legitimate Ukrainian harassment strike, or even a local anti-war partisan, no possible interpretation makes Russia look good or sympathetic. Personally I like the theory that Ukraine conducted the attack to basically troll Putin in front of the world. A drone attack on the central government building of the Russian Federation and all they do is blow up the flag on top of the building is hilarious because of the implications therein that they could have done much more and instead chose to just humiliate Putin on a grand and very public scale.

Yeah it ultimately doesn't matter who did it. The only thing that really matters is that it happened and as a direct effect of Russia's invasion, there was a drone attack on the Kremlin. Whether it was a result of Ukraine orchestrating an attack or Russia doing it themselves for ~reasons~ or something else, they started an invasion and now their capital is under attack. They could just go home and stuff like that wouldn't need to happen.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Comedy option is the FSB stages a false flag attack and accidentally purposely kills Putin. "Welp. Zelenskyy got 'em. Best to just end the war and bring the boys home."

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Attacking a real flag in a false flag attack. A devious plan indeed.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Still thinking about the WWE pyrotechnic explosion like Kane came out of the kremlin and raised his hands during the Dollar Tree world trade center attacks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EorayMel posted:

Still thinking about the WWE pyrotechnic explosion like Kane came out of the kremlin and raised his hands during the Dollar Tree world trade center attacks

Someone here can animate it I'm sure

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Willo567 posted:

Nevermind

How are your balls doing? Still unnuked?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Comedy option is the FSB stages a false flag attack and accidentally purposely kills Putin. "Welp. Zelenskyy got 'em. Best to just end the war and bring the boys home."

The Death of Stalin 2: The Death of Putin

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

HonorableTB posted:

The Death of Stalin 2: The Death of Putin

Directed by Wes Anderson, starring Owen Wilson and Bill Murray.

Not sure which role Owen Wilson or Bill Murray will be playing, but they will be there.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
We could probably get a pretty funny Leprechaun movie out of this tbh. Putin finds the pot of gold and takes some of the shillings and the Leprechaun unleashes the Ukrainians to get his gold back, complete with the Leprechaun piloting the drone himself as he smokes a cigar and says putin won't like these lucky charms as the drone hits the kremlin

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1653784720969195521
I've seen this one before. They were seething the same way when Kherson got recaptured. :qqsay:

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

DiomedesGodshill posted:

"Turns out the nazi was right here all along. Quite a teachable moment. Now, if our yachts somehow showed up back at our villa docks we could knock 20% off everybody's next gas order."

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Medvedev also woke up from his drunken stupor

https://twitter.com/meduza_en/status/1653816197354250255

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Putin has so many body doubles everytime you kill one (even the real one) another one pops up like a game of false dmitri whackamole

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Dwesa posted:

ok wait a second did Medvedev disparage hisself?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm sure Zelensky has been the target of constant assassination plots by Russia this whole time

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Dwesa posted:

quote:

he said, before making a disparaging reference to “figurehead presidents.”

Now there's some projection lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Least Insane Russian Denazification: "The Jewish president must be eliminated"

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

KakerMix posted:

I'm sure Zelensky has been the target of constant assassination plots by Russia this whole time

Supposedly Putin promised to the prime minister of Israel that he would not be killed, but that was a long long time ago

Hearing reports that it was publicly known that Putin was not even at the Kremlin on the date of the attack, so I don't think it was too serious an assassination attempt...

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Enough for an entire wiki article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_attempts_on_Volodymyr_Zelenskyy

Wikipedia posted:

During the conflict there were conflicting accounts of the number of assassination attempts made against Zelenskyy. Presidential advisor Podoliyak referenced the issue while speaking to the Ukrainian Pravda news outlet, saying, "Our foreign partners are talking about two or three attempts. I believe that there were more than a dozen attempts"

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Here's a fun read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspicious_deaths_of_Russian_businesspeople_(2022-2023)

And a list of smoking accidents:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022-2023_Russian_mystery_fires

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol

+2 more "fall from apartment"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KakerMix posted:

But this time they mean it!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
hahaha holy poo poo

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I figured this is what causes things like that missile attack a few days ago since it made no strategic sense

Whoever is making decisions in the military is feeling real anxious that they broke their army on a city that never mattered in a draft surge that has now completely failed. So realizing they are losing ground and need more troops the generals want to look important and proactive and are trying to not trip out of a window somewhere for failure

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

free hubcaps posted:

Putin has so many body doubles everytime you kill one (even the real one) another one pops up like a game of false dmitri whackamole

Putin's just a series of Matryoshka dolls. Every time you kill him, a smaller Putin emerges.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

hahaha holy poo poo

Can't wait to see what incredibly racist disguise Bond wore in this one!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

Can't wait to see what incredibly racist disguise Bond wore in this one!

Blyat. Yakov Blyat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

kemikalkadet posted:

Putin's just a series of Matryoshka dolls. Every time you kill him, a smaller Putin emerges.

However the smaller Putin's appetite for horse cum is no less than the discarded larger Putin shell

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ah, comrade, my shamanistic ritual failed because the toad suffered from lead poisoning and the lead then crystallized through the back of my patient's skull. It's a sad result of environmental pollution.

But that's unironically one of the more plausible ones, chugging toad poison is currently popular among the brain-dead trend chasers with "alternative medicine" inclinations

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1653833362274918434
New American military aid package announced. 155mm howitzers are included, which should make up for those lost to loitering drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Yup

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1653862329916817411