Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

EU can forget about a strong and united Europe. Too many external forces want to pull it apart from different angles. Probably all 5 UNSC members.

edit: that's right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Vomik posted:

is the blonde white woman Warhawk front a Ukraine war creation or have they always existed?

Donald the Dove

Hillary the Hawk

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Vomik posted:

is the blonde white woman Warhawk front a Ukraine war creation or have they always existed?

it's a european thing, you wouldn't get it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

stephenthinkpad posted:

EU can forget about a strong and united Europe. Too many external forces want to pull it apart from different angles. Probably all 5 UNSC members.

Read the sidebar. The proposal here is anything but strong or united.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

it owns how robert kennedy junior is just saying hey this biden guy really sucks and thats more than enough to get people to say hmmm i want to subscribe to your newsletter

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

every youtube channel is like that now

They don't even have much of a choice, because apparently it's the only way to get views. It's extremely unpleasant to be exposed to, though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

England and konigsgrad should be grey .

unless …

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1653769407099707395

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

making all of yorkshire leeds and all of lancashire and northumbria TYNE is certainly a choice.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol who called it?

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

A flag attack that fails is a a false flag attack.

BTW that drone moved really fast and didn't slow down when it got close to the flag. There was almost no lag time if it was controlled by FVP goggles. Was the timing triggered by GPS coordinates?

I'm not saying it's an extraterrestrial UAP defying the known laws of physics, but it is 100% that.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

this twitter thread is bad, i made the mistake of looking at it so i guess now everyone will be punished

https://twitter.com/BrynnTannehill/status/1653749827086213125

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

lol who called it?

fits my needs posted:

do they have a stamp launching for this attack? like they did for the crimea bridge attack?

slava ukraini

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lol that denmark is just denmark renamed copenhagen

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

this war is weird, mang

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This war seems pretty average as far as I can tell.

But all the people on the sidelines watching the horror show are trying to make it weird.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

speng31b posted:

this twitter thread is bad, i made the mistake of looking at it so i guess now everyone will be punished

loving christ she compares it to the Doolittle raid

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nothing compares to this attack on the Kremlin. Moscow will now be under a state of siege soon!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Slava false flagi

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

loving christ she compares it to the Doolittle raid

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wasn't doolittle raid good for morale tho? :v:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

this war is weird, mang

This is war as envisioned by the James Bond-poisoned intelligence services. It is all about flashy terror attacks. Shocking acts to hold the audiences attention as the violence moves to next location. Apocalyptic threats constantly referred to but always off screen.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/REDNOGGIN/status/1653180184214876163

They’re making vault-tec videos in Russia. This is so loving funny. You’ll never guess what they reference in this lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hmm, this seems pretty god damned stupid lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PawParole posted:

They’re making vault-tec videos in Russia. This is so loving funny. You’ll never guess what they reference in this lol

lol did the mask do huge numbers in russia or something

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Confirmation of the counteroffensive!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

PawParole posted:

The ukrainian soldier has ss symbols on his helmet lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think the soldier in this is copy pasted from the soldier in the Snake Island (IIRC) stamp.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

"display until january 14th, 2017"

goddamn, lil pain piggies wanting to show off how much they got owned for months

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Junkozeyne posted:

Chemical symbol W, Deal with it tungsten lovers

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

War Studies/Defence Studies is actually a pretty mind numbing program taught at a handful of schools, that aren't prestigious for anything else (West Point, Sandhurst and RMC don't send people to Silicon Valley C Suites), the reading is gruelling (professionals study logistics and logistics is not epic or cool), so you have what the Angry Staff Officer describes as a sort of barrier where anyone really excited about war hasn't been educated in it, and nothing written for a professional audience is fun to read.

Military History, of which there are many good programs and enjoyable books, is about as close as it comes, but even then most people who are epic about it online didn't study it formally.

This must happen in other fields. Maybe to Palaeontologists?

I don't think it's a lack of formal education necessarily. You only need to play a TOAW scenario or read a pop history of Stalingrad to appreciate that a field army attacking along a 5km front is not realistic. But NAFO guys understand themselves as literally fighting on the information front, and therefore judge posts based on how effective they think they are as pro-Ukraine propaganda. Disinformation is not just tolerated but encouraged, as long as they think it helps, and anyone discrediting their disinformation is literally a pro-Russian traitor. Naturally I think this drives away anyone with even a little bit of subject expertise.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

sum posted:

I don't think it's a lack of formal education necessarily. You only need to play a TOAW scenario or read a pop history of Stalingrad to appreciate that a field army attacking along a 5km front is not realistic. But NAFO guys understand themselves as literally fighting on the information front, and therefore judge posts based on how effective they think they are as pro-Ukraine propaganda. Disinformation is not just tolerated but encouraged, as long as they think it helps, and anyone discrediting their disinformation is literally a pro-Russian traitor. Naturally I think this drives away anyone with even a little bit of subject expertise.

The best part of this is that they will outright say that "subterfuge" ("disinformation" and "propaganda" are things only Bad Nations do) is part of what they're doing, then immediately turn around and believe what they say to be the absolute truth.

Not just twitter people, think tanks too.

Wasn't RUSI the one that posted an article along the lines of "How could we be so wrong? We assumed Russia was strong but it's actually very weak", followed a few months later by "How could we be so wrong? We thought Russia was weak because we only look at Twitter" followed a few months later by "It's very important to say things that are false but make Ukraine feel good"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I watched it a lot as a kid, so yeah probably. Cartoon too.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Lostconfused posted:

I watched it a lot as a kid, so yeah probably. Cartoon too.

can't wait for the near future versions to be referencing naruto and fullmetal alchemist

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Wasn't RUSI the one that posted an article along the lines of "How could we be so wrong? We assumed Russia was strong but it's actually very weak", followed a few months later by "How could we be so wrong? We thought Russia was weak because we only look at Twitter" followed a few months later by "It's very important to say things that are false but make Ukraine feel good"

Related to what someone was saying earlier about the fail sons of fail sons and media poisoning, the Royal United Services Institute was the gold standard for dispassionate professional analysis until some point in the past 30 years.

Whereas ISW has always been what it is, Nuland connection and all.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Danann posted:

can't wait for the near future versions to be referencing naruto and fullmetal alchemist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwz0ZESDLU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*jim carrey voice* дыыыыыыыыыымящийся

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Biden's lap dog speaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtOa-r2IEc