Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

lol

Krazy Kat(October 29, 1916)

Desierto Pintado

Little Nemo(March 18, 1906)timged just in case.

Hippocrass fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
palmer
1. (now historical) A pilgrim who had been to the Holy Land and who brought back a palm branch in signification; a wandering religious votary.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Beetle Bailey

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Flossi

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/2/03

Brenda Starr 11/26/50

Smokey Stover 6/2/54

Everyday Movies 5/15/36

"It's 2-2 in the ninth and you eat peanuts!"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 5/25/41

Huh, Scarlet resolved this without getting hit. Maybe she's improving.

Bonus Ad! The sugar-fueled heroics of Major Jet!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Selachian posted:

Smokey Stover 6/2/54

begging for an our boarding house crossover

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Technowolf posted:

Counterpoint: Ed is a Boomer, and Dustin is one of those lazy millennials.
I realize this is how they're intended to be (and were at the start of the comic), but given Dustin is 23-24, unless they waited late to have kids (the absolute younger Boomer would be 35 in 1999), he's a Gen Xer (and Dustin is a Zoomer regardless - can't wait for him to start doing TikTok dances)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Endless Mike posted:

I realize this is how they're intended to be (and were at the start of the comic), but given Dustin is 23-24, unless they waited late to have kids (the absolute younger Boomer would be 35 in 1999), he's a Gen Xer (and Dustin is a Zoomer regardless - can't wait for him to start doing TikTok dances)

If you lock down his age at the time of the comic creation he’s probably a boomer.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I want to hope he’s saying these things so the teenage girl won’t be interested in him anymore but I doubt that’s true.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
... And this is appreciably different from his normal behavior in what way?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Murdstone posted:

I want to hope he’s saying these things so the teenage girl won’t be interested in him anymore but I doubt that’s true.

It is, he said he would play the villain instead of her mom.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
From earlier this week, Lalo Alcaraz presents a suitable tribute.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (June 1, 1935)

Peanuts (May 5, 1976)

Ed Crankshaft Dooms Us All

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 2, 1939)

Out Our Way (September 15-17, 1941)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

EasyEW posted:

Ed Crankshaft Dooms Us All

he's going to hit it with another grill and save everyone

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

... And this is appreciably different from his normal behavior in what way?

Despite the "oh those teens!" jokes, Jeremy's generally (unless he's got to mess up for a joke) shown as a good student and he does, like, shower

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, at this point it has to be deliberate that RJ Haywire has no consistent character design or personality traits.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 30, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I am *loving* the gimmick this week in Sally Forth

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Puppet Master

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

That's pretty funny dialogue, but the comic likes to play Romanis as sketchy folk gimmick way too often.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Stultus Maximus posted:

It is, he said he would play the villain instead of her mom.
Yeah I remember that now. Still, that guy is creepy and this story is poo poo.

riderchop posted:

Heathcliff

Can't sleep, 'cliff'll eat me.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

:rolleyes:

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 3, 2023

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Can't do it now, but Belluso's face in that last panel would be a fantastic reaction image

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

quote:

The Phantom

Phantom you know his boss is gonna execute him right

quote:

Mark Trail

How is it a scam? It's an unsafe piece of poo poo, it's low quality, but presumably everybody goes to the camp and pays to do so. How is he selling danger? Does he advertise "come break your legs on my lovely trails?" Does he leave trash cans unsecured and not provide basic first aid and then advertise that? It turns out the latest batch of losers don't have money(somehow, nothing shown in this story would actually stop a remotely affluent social personality IRL, like Bee's "cancelling") but so what, they paid their admission, the camp still exists, invite the next batch in. Sid doesn't want people to know? Is that why he never does any proper cover ups? Sid just told Mark to his face that he doesn't have first aid or even care about his clients. :v: We're also not being told why AI is bad but at this point Jules is a creature of habit so it's obvious she heard about it in the news and just fired away with the grace of a Crankshaft trying to be topical. I guess we knew Sid was a moron and a loser because he tried to execute Jeb by just leading him to a bear, who turned out to be part of a group of magic bears that adopted him. To toss it out there: if every antagonist in your setting is weak, ineffective, boring and stupid then your conflicts and stories are going to be pretty dull too.

It's really hard to not make fun of every strip but I appreciate the machine gun errors fired off today. Art spilling out of panels, Mark's claw hand, the 3rd and 4th iteration of loving up drawing a flashlight, a guy with a simple design being drawn off-model four times in three panels. Yes, that's right, Jeb is imagining himself snooping around Sid's office. In case. You did not know. What snooping around entailed. Also Jeb has to try to remember what he himself looks like. And he fails. He fails to remember his own physical appearance. OK clearly this is a joke, the fat unkempt guy imagined himself as a rugged reporter. It took 100 bad thought bubbles but finally a good one. It's impossible to tell if it was intentional with this author, sadly.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 4, 2023

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

thisusedyet posted:

Can't do it now, but Belluso's face in that last panel would be a fantastic reaction image

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
We better get a double encore of Muddy Boots once this is all over with.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 8/27/50

Archie 4/10-12/47

"Tap a frap"? In New England, ice cream sodas / milkshakes are called frappes. Except in Rhode Island, where they're called cabinets. I enjoy it when these little bits of New England local color poke through Riverdale's deliberate Anytown, USA, blandness.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 4, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House, in which the Major faces the agony of keeping his story straight. Also: SKULL WIRELESS. (December 6-8, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (February 7-9, 1921)

THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT: Brother Willie's plea for a pair of long pants starts up a fine family argument.

Dok's Dippy Troubleshooter (September 21, 1914)

Little Lefty (June 20-22, 1938)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"What If Edward Snowden Was A Lady Dog Who Wanted To gently caress A Sheep" And Other Stupid Premises

Silver Age Superman Comics-rear end premise.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Isn't this cat her mom or am I thinking of someone else?

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

In the hands of a better writer, this would be the part where Fergus realizes that just because Rene was a scam artist doesn't mean that his lessons didn't help him sort out his issues, and so he can keep living his best life.

But no, he's going to go back to singing Muddy Boots and that boring-rear end couple will finally stop whining about it.

Isra the Great
Apr 5, 2009

A pleasure to meet you, my good bro.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

THAT WAS A WEIRD ONE

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
next time someone says that nobody does edits anymore, give them one of these for me.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

I will often quote this so good good work haha

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

LvK posted:

next time someone says that nobody does edits anymore, give them one of these for me.

Hell yeah.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

If he's got a new unopened cassette player from 1993 that's worth more than 30 bux. Take the deal and sell it Marla.