Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rinkles posted:

It’s a silly thing I guess, because the creator putting in the extra effort shouldn’t be a bad thing, but I do seem to have a preference for reviews without super slick presentations.

It’s an issue I’ve had with big Youtubers for a while now where people mistake production values for good content. You see it a lot in the painfully long video essay space, except Dan Olson’s professional looking studio setup for many years was a table against a wall in his house just competently lit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mewse posted:

LTT's networking rack looks about like i'd expect

That’s not quite as bad as I expected actually.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

njsykora posted:

Dan Olson’s professional looking studio setup for many years was a table against a wall in his house just competently lit.

You mean it’s not anymore? That dudes stuff is incredible but I agree with you that it was because of the excellent writing, editing and cinematography vs having a studio stocked with equipment

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

namlosh posted:

You mean it’s not anymore? That dudes stuff is incredible but I agree with you that it was because of the excellent writing, editing and cinematography vs having a studio stocked with equipment

Usually now it is a featureless void which is also competently lit and shot with the same excellent writing and editing. Top tier youtube essayist for sure.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

teraflame posted:

People who say marques worships apple have never really watched him. He’s pretty level headed.

I like his car reviews the most.

Tech people should not be reviewing cars. They love the stupid loving tablets that replaced buttons and love their dumb infotainment systems that distract drivers and get pedestrians and cyclists killed.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

LTT Alex certainly doesn’t.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2n4rOWehtQ

the not posting issue is the same one i am getting with f5b and a gigglebit b650 board. Fun to know its a boardmaker issue

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I just watched that sponsored LTT video on the autonomous lawnmower. Don't think a sponsored video could make me want a product less.

I checked the price and that thing is $3k! :wtf:
What sort of techbro brainworms must you have to think that it a good buy?

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

When even Linus can't make your product look like a cool toy you know you have a dud.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
When you have to walk it to find the perimeter its pretty absurd.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I thought robo mowers have been out for a while? You just bury a wire for the edge or something.

The best auto mower is a bored retired dad though, second best is broke rear end teen.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

priznat posted:

I thought robo mowers have been out for a while? You just bury a wire for the edge or something.

The best auto mower is a bored retired dad though, second best is broke rear end teen.

The "old" ones required a perimeter wire yes. The new ones are using gps I part to keep track of everything. You still have to run it around the perimeter manually, but that should be a one-time thing.

The one Linux did the episode on had that, lidar, camera, and a gps/4g tower.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think a more useful thing than a robo mower would be a robo dog poop scooper, except it would get so encrusted with dookie you'd just have to burn it in place probably

mewse
May 2, 2006

priznat posted:

I think a more useful thing than a robo mower would be a robo dog poop scooper, except it would get so encrusted with dookie you'd just have to burn it in place probably

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

"you eat poop"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

priznat posted:

Our robot vacuum/mop thing was honestly life changing and if I was confident that a robot mower would be as effective (I'm not) at keeping our backyard as perfect as our floors look everyday now, $4k, wouldn't have to think about it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This thing might be dumber than the robo mower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMW_tr1bPO4

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
when i first saw an IoT ice maker at home depot 7 years ago i knew society was ready to collapse

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Voxx posted:

when i first saw an IoT ice maker at home depot 7 years ago i knew society was ready to collapse

If it's the only I am thinking of, it doesn't even make any sense. It's basically an on/off bluetooth switch, except, the device only has an on/off button and it makes ice basically immediately.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
The toaster with the touchscreen

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wild EEPROM posted:

I had a panini for dinner last night, it was delicious.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Three Olives posted:

If it's the only I am thinking of, it doesn't even make any sense. It's basically an on/off bluetooth switch, except, the device only has an on/off button and it makes ice basically immediately.

you can have it make ice even when you aren't home

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My parents have a blender that lists its firmware version when you plug it in.

So far I have found no way to update its firmware

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Beve Stuscemi posted:

My parents have a blender that lists its firmware version when you plug it in.

So far I have found no way to update its firmware

you need to depress the central nub inside the blending mechanism while it's turned on. then turn it off, on, off again, hold for five seconds, and turn on once more but this time grasp the nub firmly with all five fingers and do not move.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Arivia posted:

you need to depress the central nub inside the blending mechanism while it's turned on. then turn it off, on, off again, hold for five seconds, and turn on once more but this time grasp the nub firmly with all five fingers and do not move.

trying this, thanks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wild EEPROM posted:

:lol: I got an ad for this the other day.

LMAO

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

LMAO

It makes good toast. :colbert:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Thee Olives, can I have some money? You’re clearly ready to waste it and I’d like a new PC.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

LMAO

I saw a review for something like this and they didn’t even have the decency to have it make good toast

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

I saw a review for something like this and they didn’t even have the decency to have it make good toast

It makes good toast. Haters gonna hate.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

LMAO

That looks like something that will get made fun of from the Williams Sonoma Catalog for Christmas.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

It makes good toast. Haters gonna hate.

So does my oven

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
my main complaint is that instead of using all that processing power to figure out how it can make toast at the level you want instead of just making burnt toast, it uses all of it to power a touch screen.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Nowher posted:

What sort of techbro brainworms must you have to think that it a good buy?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OfxlSG6q5Y

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Jiro posted:

That looks like something that will get made fun of from the Williams Sonoma Catalog for Christmas.

Yeah that's definitely the vibes.

Latest hi-tech appliances to make toasting easy and fun for you and your family!
Pay in 3 interest free instalments!
Bluetooth and WiFi! IPhone and Android app! (registration required)
Download exciting new toast recipes!

The next page features a touch screen and NFC vegetable steamer.
You subscribe (via lovely app) for NFC cyber-recipes for all your vegi needs.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 4, 2023

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

It's been a cliche for years but still nothing beats the Juicero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1oHp-VvhDE

I still can't believe that ad isn't a bad SNL skit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Three Olives posted:

I'm more interested by the desk telephone by the sink.