Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Pela does more damage the more debuffs are present, she would probably love to be in a dot comp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Not So Fast posted:

Also her pinkie pie attitude is kinda endearing after a while. I hope her whole "being found in an iceberg" backstory doesn't have too dark a twist

it's mihoyo so it will, absolutely.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

...Kafka will be a top team

(triple DoT)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

March 7th was obviously fighting Nazis in World War II when she got stuck in that iceberg.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

March 7th was obviously fighting Nazis in World War II when she got stuck in that iceberg.

sorry for deceiving you, my real name was 4/20 all along

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

March 7 using a bow, having ice powers and being super hyper kinda makes me think she could be Aeon of Human Ego/Elysia here

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Meowywitch posted:

sorry for deceiving you, my real name was 4/20 all along

"I was at a party celebrating.. something when I got frozen"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

She's in the Qlipoth Fort Bronya's office, looking at a bookshelf

Huh, thought I'd checked there. Thanks.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

dang, first time couldn't take down a formidable foe. have to go back on him after i break ascension. was some big robo that would one shot a party member if i couldn't kill the adds fast enough (i couldn't)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

if you're pretty close, try using some consumables that buff your stats maybe?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

March 7 using a bow, having ice powers and being super hyper kinda makes me think she could be Aeon of Human Ego/Elysia here

nah, we're in a sci-fi setting so if there is one it'll be computer virus elysia

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Got my two teams fairly well set up with everything but relics optimized (so levels/traces/LCs maxed). Relic grind sucks though so a big ‘gently caress that for now’ from me and I’m just making meme teams for fun SU runs now. Nothing but DoTs? Do it. Every character a followup focused character? Sign me up. Pure ice element deep freeze? Sounds chill. Gonna get weird with it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

someone awful. posted:

if you're pretty close, try using some consumables that buff your stats maybe?

This definitely feels like a game where I need to stop my usual strategy of saving consumables for later, harder fights (and thus ending up not using them)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

im glad the level cap in this game is 80 because those last 10 levels to 90 in genshin sucked premium rear end imo

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Excelzior posted:

(triple DoT)

...oh man, Kafka/Sampo/Pela/<healer> sounds like a *time*.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
The mahjong girl is a lot of fun for some reason. Lemme enhance those tiles!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes really underrated i think, for some reason the prwdyen guide tells you not to use her skill that gives her a massive attack buff and almost always gets her a full hand in two uses

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Man I just got to the end of world 3 and Gephard stomped the poo poo out of me.

I may have to level some of my relics and light cones and whatnot.

I'm trailblazer level 33 and I need to do something to get up to 34 so I suppose burning energy to get mats to level my traces is as good of a use as anything.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh gently caress I was in the middle of an incredible SU run that was a dead shot at being a clear and my loving pc lost power

acts of god killed the anime...

e: oh gently caress it kept me in here hell yeah!!!

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 3, 2023

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

shes really underrated i think, for some reason the prwdyen guide tells you not to use her skill that gives her a massive attack buff and almost always gets her a full hand in two uses
I don't have Seele or Sushang but idk how you look at her wiping out a third of an elite's lifebar that doesn't even have quantum weakness, and think she doesn't own.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Meowywitch posted:

oh gently caress I was in the middle of an incredible SU run that was a dead shot at being a clear and my loving pc lost power

acts of god killed the anime...

e: oh gently caress it kept me in here hell yeah!!!

This is in fact a viable "cheat" for the SU -- if you have a fight that you can win but only with RNG luck, you can "reset" the fight via Alt+F4 if things don't go your way.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

God I somehow didnt notice that Geppy has 3 break bars. That is definitely a long rear end encounter

I got past babys first hump woo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Seems you get 2 of the boss mat on the E3 version, sick. Also was still a giant pushover lol.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

even fully buffed, the mahjong girl doesn't seem to do that much damage on blast to me.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Honestly, I'm kinda stuck at Gepard in SU3, and I'm debating raising Natasha, cause Shields aren't doing enough.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Seems you get 2 of the boss mat on the E3 version, sick. Also was still a giant pushover lol.

You get that at E2 as well.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bruceski posted:

You get that at E2 as well.

it is not guaranteed at E2

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Maybe some weirdos can solo w6 with Clara or whatever but Natasha has been glued to my party since I picked her up. She might just shoot grenades most of the time but an on-demand group heal and cleanses have been critical to high end SU and Forgotten Memory stuff (and any of those formidable foes).

So far for team building seems like you need:
1. Abundance
2. Hunt or Destruction (maybe erudition if Jing Yuan is good)

Then slots 3/4 should be a mix of nihility, preservation, or harmony depending on what's available/what you're up against.

acumen fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 3, 2023

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Doing a preservation run with Trailblazer fire and getting the 3* Destruction blessing that divides all damage out equally among your team is so, so very silly.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Still can't beat World 3. Very demoralizing. Feels like if Gepard gets his shield up I might as well quit.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
stelle for stellaron

god damnit.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

This game made me thirst for using a baseball bat as my weapon in other games

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

jokes posted:

This game made me thirst for using a baseball bat as my weapon in other games

I haven't played any of them but I assume at least one of the yakuza games has one

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's an entire fighting style in Yakuza 0. Hilariously lethal looking, too.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Xalidur posted:

Still can't beat World 3. Very demoralizing. Feels like if Gepard gets his shield up I might as well quit.

only tried him once so far but yea that shield seems stupid... am i missing a mechanic or does it just have like, more health than he does?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gamerofthegame posted:

no, I was using MC/march/bronya/seele/hook throughout, guess I'll level her up

An actual healer becomes borderline mandatory for any challenging content unless your damage output is utterly absurd. March is good but she can't keep a team alive at all compared to Natasha.

Endorph posted:

It's not exactly massive? It's 14% per use at level 1 with like +1% per level up, which isn't completely useless but it's also not really breaking the bank for a skill point use until you get to max levels.

I honestly think her biggest problem isn't the skill, it's the enhanced normal giving a skill point back being locked behind eidolon 6 for some baffling reason. She does great damage, but she's a gigantic skill point black hole that the entire rest of your party has to waste a ton of turns feeding instead of doing any of their own stuff.

It also makes her even more RNG, since you can't plan around whether or not her turn will generate a skill point because she might RNG into a 4-tile.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 3, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cynic Jester posted:

Doing a preservation run with Trailblazer fire and getting the 3* Destruction blessing that divides all damage out equally among your team is so, so very silly.

It's even better upgraded because it adds a 15% damage reduction rider. :getin:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

fire mc is nice for sustainability, but i do miss the big bat single hits.
also feels like removing physical damage is gonna hurt a bit since that was like about what every enemy in the beginning is weak to giveme weakness. probably will change in the next world

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I don't really like fire Mc at all but hey, tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Excelzior posted:

(triple DoT)

....is Kafka the next banner after this general dude?