Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Tae posted:

What was the Grizzlies cap situation last year and going into this year, since they let both Melton and Kyle Anderson go

I'm neither a cap nor Grizzlies expert but my impression is that they haven't been in terrible shape but they have been kinda getting ready for big JJJ (in effect), Ja (about to go in effect), and Bane (coming soon) extensions and life in and around the luxury tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ammanas posted:

yeah this. Warriors arent going to beat LA at their own game, Looney does not match up against AD. let Draymond drag him around, play gp2 or Moody or Wiggins at center. the 14-0 run was brought on while Looney was out and the warriors were rebounding pretty well by being smaller, faster fresher and more athletic.

And only because lakers got sloppy and Lebron continues to have a bad shooting streak and the refs didn’t call a flagrant one when they grabbed Lebron. (Though that may have been at the end of that run, I can’t remember)

Warriors entire offense is run threw curry. Curry is older now, and the Lakers role players are wearing him down. Green is older too, and getting even sloppier with his tech fouls and he can’t handle AD at all. (Last night he should have had two techs the way he went off to that ref).

I think Lakers in 6, unless they win game 2.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Skrill.exe posted:

>Player Kevin_Durant has switched teams

Lmao

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

LionArcher posted:

And only because lakers got sloppy and Lebron continues to have a bad shooting streak and the refs didn’t call a flagrant one when they grabbed Lebron. (Though that may have been at the end of that run, I can’t remember)

Warriors entire offense is run threw curry. Curry is older now, and the Lakers role players are wearing him down. Green is older too, and getting even sloppier with his tech fouls and he can’t handle AD at all. (Last night he should have had two techs the way he went off to that ref).

I like the way you think

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

Ben Simmons will be playing the next Call of Duty

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

LionArcher posted:

Agree about Draymond, he should have been double T'd. He gets away with too much. I 100% think Malloy would have been justified in tossing him after he still wouldn't stfu.

Disagree about Curry being 'worn down,' I think he'll be just fine for the rest of the series.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/eric_nehm/status/1653827433466830852

real gs "takes steps to success" in silence.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

TheKevman posted:

Agree about Draymond, he should have been double T'd. He gets away with too much. I 100% think Malloy would have been justified in tossing him after he still wouldn't stfu.

Disagree about Curry being 'worn down,' I think he'll be just fine for the rest of the series.

the funniest part is how what draymond did was clearly and unquestionably a foul. just draymond being a dumbass and getting away with bullshit

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

MystOpportunity posted:

Am moving and losing my building-mandated cable(/internet) package - what's the most cost effective way to stream the rest of the playoffs? Seems like Sling - any experiences?

I got Sling just for the playoffs and its been great. With the promo it was only $20 for the first month.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Lockback posted:

In the US all TNT/NBATV/ABC/ESPN games are blacked out so thats like 4 games left.

Oh, well gently caress that then.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MystOpportunity posted:

Am moving and losing my building-mandated cable(/internet) package - what's the most cost effective way to stream the rest of the playoffs? Seems like Sling - any experiences?

If one has has the urge to watch sports - a sportsurge so to speak - such urges could be satisfied on the net. .net to be specific

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

LionArcher posted:

multiple times this season ive seen the hard foul lebron in transition to stop the layup play not even get a common foul so asking for the flagrant seems excessive

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Lockback posted:

So I use them on my laptop, but on my phone the adware crap is awful. How do you block that?

yeah whats the deal here. even on laptop with adblock its popup city & the streams time out pretty frequently.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Ammanas posted:

yeah whats the deal here. even on laptop with adblock its popup city & the streams time out pretty frequently.

The streameast ones usually work well for me without pop ups.
I would probably pay for league pass without blackout BS, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

If one has has the urge to watch sports - a sportsurge so to speak - such urges could be satisfied on the net. .net to be specific

:hmmyes:

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

runaway pancake posted:

I got Sling just for the playoffs and its been great. With the promo it was only $20 for the first month.

I also use sling and it's the best deal around for watching legally stateside that I've found. Especially if you live in a metro area that they have a deal for ABC (and you don't want to deal with having an antenna for local broadcast)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/art_basket/status/1653338781867540480?s=20

https://twitter.com/chernykh/status/1653805176040435715?s=20

Jesus

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wait the attack caused a tumor?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

Wait the attack caused a tumor?

Yeah that stuck out to me too. I'm guessing it's a translation issue, think they mean a clot

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

French KD in 1940 posting “my next chapter” with a swastika

lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ammanas posted:

That's why you only leave the tab open long enough to cast the video to your TV.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

WhyteRyce posted:

I abhor chromecast and hate that it's the main route for stuff like this

I'm not a google stan or anything but why? It does exactly what it is supposed to do and doesn't try to upsell me on anything or make me watch ads.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm not a google stan or anything but why? It does exactly what it is supposed to do and doesn't try to upsell me on anything or make me watch ads.

I know one thing a few people don't like is that it overrides whatever dns your network is set to use.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I just bought a cheap walmart box which is the google tv brand ala chromecast, I've used Roku and the Amazon Firestick and this is the best for me. Firestick is locked down and full of ads and Roku doesn't have twitch which I need

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chromecast is nice if you have to type anything long but the phone is kind of a lovely form factor for me now and the remote is the superior lounging and relaxing device. Any half way decent app will have what you want two or three clicks away, the times I have to type something longer than a few letters is rare

As far as the tech goes, I stopped using hehestreams because after awhile the media player would always disappear from my casting device. Similar stuff happened with a chromecast audio setup I had with my parents. Maybe it’s better now but I don’t really care to find out. Cheap rear end rokus and fires have given me less issues and ignoring the ads isn’t hard

And it encourages grey market content providers to just make a lovely to html5 page with a chromecast button instead of a native app. I get that is a stupid thing to hold against chromecast and pirated streams with no staff but I will stand by it from a nitpicky nerd standpoint

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 3, 2023

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Skrill.exe posted:

>Player Kevin_Durant has switched teams

Lmao so good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ammanas posted:

yeah this. Warriors arent going to beat LA at their own game, Looney does not match up against AD. let Draymond drag him around, play gp2 or Moody or Wiggins at center. the 14-0 run was brought on while Looney was out and the warriors were rebounding pretty well by being smaller, faster fresher and more athletic.

Basically the effectiveness of small ball probably comes down to how healthy LeBron is. If he's a jump shooter with some timely slashes, it probably doesn't hurt to go small against the Lakers. And that's pretty much the player he's been since he hurt his foot. If he can deal with switching and choosing his matchup like normal, small ball is a bad very bad idea. But since he hasn't shown it the Warriors should definitely try it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I mostly like that that I can chromecast video files using Airflow flawlessly which is how my wife and I watch most things.

It is legitimately annoying that TNT doesn't have a chromecast option in the browser stream so you have to do a cast of the window which gets laggy and bad rez.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't know if they were still doing it by the end but it's very funny that NBA league pass was blocking airplay at the start of the season. Just absolute garbage product.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1653885547155169280

lfg

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m the one third place Tim Connelly vote

https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1653793020209422341?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pelinka kind of deserves a nod for that TWolves trade. He got himself into his own mess but that trade really solved said mess.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Having a healthy starting 5 why didn't connelly think of that lol

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

WhyteRyce posted:

Chromecast is nice if you have to type anything long but the phone is kind of a lovely form factor for me now and the remote is the superior lounging and relaxing device. Any half way decent app will have what you want two or three clicks away, the times I have to type something longer than a few letters is rare

As far as the tech goes, I stopped using hehestreams because after awhile the media player would always disappear from my casting device. Similar stuff happened with a chromecast audio setup I had with my parents. Maybe it’s better now but I don’t really care to find out. Cheap rear end rokus and fires have given me less issues and ignoring the ads isn’t hard

And it encourages grey market content providers to just make a lovely to html5 page with a chromecast button instead of a native app. I get that is a stupid thing to hold against chromecast and pirated streams with no staff but I will stand by it from a nitpicky nerd standpoint

it's my understanding that the new chromecasts let you install apps

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Metapod posted:

Having a healthy starting 5 why didn't connelly think of that lol

…? Booth was great, the KCP trade was an absolute fleecing and Bruce Brown couldn’t fit better. He upgraded their playoff defense to what it is now (extremely good)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jackofarcades posted:

it's my understanding that the new chromecasts let you install apps

yes Chromecast with Google TV because Google has the absolute best HW marketing and branding strategy

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Wtf this whole time Ive been reading it as sport surge

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Just saw a tiktok about a woman who was removed from her seat at the Warriors game because she was standing a cheering which obstructed the person behind her view. The woman who sat behind her complained and security made her leave her seat. So I blame the loss to the Lakers on the ownership for moving to San Francisco and pricing out cool fans.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Just saw a tiktok about a woman who was removed from her seat at the Warriors game because she was standing a cheering which obstructed the person behind her view. The woman who sat behind her complained and security made her leave her seat. So I blame the loss to the Lakers on the ownership for moving to San Francisco and pricing out cool fans.

lol that’s what happened in Sacramento with E-40 so I expect the Warriors to play this woman’s TikTok channel during practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I got a used ps4 for free and bought nba2k23 for $8 yesterday. It’s spent the last 7 hours downloading and is currently 40% through copying the game

How do kids actually play console games now a days?