Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Maybe I won too much at the start of the season, (though I'm only sitting on 12 crowns but I feel like I'm still being thrown in sweaty lobby's) but it's been drat near unplayable lately. Strongly dislike the gun meta. It was so good right at the start, and now the last few tweaks have made it off. Too many snipers. The second sniper round thing needs to go. A lot of the arguments are terrible, but the good ones you burn gold to get. Vaults gold amount should be upped. A green combat shotgun can beat a purple pump.

Glad Zelda is coming out in two weeks so I can ignore the rest of the season. (I just hit 100 yesterday, and the extra skin variants don't interest me as much).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Creative map 2810-9612-6569v14 is a super fun no build free for all. fun guns + great combat practice

Also you rack up tons of xp from UEFN maps now, so can just finesse people with pump + flint knock for a while in this map and get like 200k xp

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yeah I haven’t been playing as much and barely any zero build because im just not enjoying this season or the battle pass itself.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero build matches seem to take forever to get into these days.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Fortnite is more fun with goons. (Especially no build)

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Mine still start pretty quick like they always have. But I've never played build mode to compare to. So I might just be used to lobbies taking ~30 seconds to start. :shrug:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

It’s been a little better lately since they made the storm adjust to the number of people left.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

LionArcher posted:

Strongly dislike the gun meta. It was so good right at the start, and now the last few tweaks have made it off. Too many snipers. The second sniper round thing needs to go.

I agree about the current meta. I disagree about the sniper perk though. I really like the heavy sniper.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah the sniper perk is so specific that it seems fair. It's not like the medium ammo clip + DMR on top of every other assault rifle

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Scuba Trooper posted:

If we get Chewie we need the crossbow

And a Chewie roar emote

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Some potential future skins here
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1651996825367326735?t=vu-_L9sNHPGZ-X0nLCFitA&s=19
I like a number of them.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Some info:

Costs 1000 Vbucks 

Free track has 1 skin, paid one has 4 skins including Darth Maul. Paid track skins will come to the shop later for "higher price" 

2650 Vbucks (1000 + 1650 to level up) if you don't want (or don't have time) to do the quests 

Only available until May 23

(Stolen from Reddit)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

No chewie or Lando.:smith:

Looks like something is happening at the end of the season. Speculation there will be a volcano eruption. We do no the island is cracking and those fissures are growing.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1653326205800546305?t=qx3krmrO66V6uM6Fg0Lx1A&s=19
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1653319894446776323?t=e-jnkmyeIzXiIniRf_tJNQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1653320125028638725?t=heKq26j4erP88WJv1QVygg&s=19
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1653343021704921092?t=VzJu6ipsZWOiYjtJA2UYsw&s=19

New spider-man variants coming
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1653338893071052801?t=-rzRCN7_vEXhMZvLD2bP5g&s=19

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 2, 2023

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mr Hootington posted:

No chewie or Lando.:smith:

One character worth getting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How bad are the quests? I’ll probably do it since I’m nearly done with the BP anyway

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

It feels like a cracked window into their future monetization plans for the game. At least you can still pay for the 'mini battlepass' with Itchy and Scratchy bux, for now.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I think an "old Luke Skywalker" skin would be awesome. Even just him showing up as an NPC instead of Anakin.

Other than that, the premium skins aren't worth the 1000 v-bucks. 🤷‍♂️

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Blorknorg posted:

It feels like a cracked window into their future monetization plans for the game. At least you can still pay for the 'mini battlepass' with Itchy and Scratchy bux, for now.

I don't play that much fartnite anymore but I do have a stack of about 2000 vbux to buy the pass if I'm playing when it comes out and I feel p. sure this is to target folks who sit on their vbux for passes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Blorknorg posted:

It is a monetization of the already used free mini battle pass they have done for events in the past. They just added a new premium tier. It soaks up some of the crew pack v-bucks.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

I'm afraid these full trooper lobbies will end with just the storm killing everybody.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dead Nerve posted:

I'm afraid these full trooper lobbies will end with just the storm killing everybody.

:golfclap:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lightsaber and force powers feels soooo close to Jedi Knight 2 multiplayer. I love it. 1v1ed someone on a Mega City roof and I swear I could hear this music

https://youtu.be/izieBCHKbWA

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Had a match where just a minute or so after landing, a guy was clipping himself into a boulder to snipe me. I could hit his leg sticking out, but it didn't count most of the time. His over shield would regen anything I did anyway. So I ran up to him, and of course the harvesting tool and point blank sub machine gun fire wouldn't make contact through the boulder shielding his hit box. I know it was intentional, because after I died, he sank back in like Homer in a bush. This chapter just gets better and better :thumbsup:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hrist posted:

Had a match where just a minute or so after landing, a guy was clipping himself into a boulder to snipe me. I could hit his leg sticking out, but it didn't count most of the time. His over shield would regen anything I did anyway. So I ran up to him, and of course the harvesting tool and point blank sub machine gun fire wouldn't make contact through the boulder shielding his hit box. I know it was intentional, because after I died, he sank back in like Homer in a bush. This chapter just gets better and better :thumbsup:

Did you report and/or save footage?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know how to save footage on PC. I just play to goof off, so I didn't even think of it until I was already back in the lobby. I did report it. But I doubt they'll care.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hrist posted:

I don't know how to save footage on PC. I just play to goof off, so I didn't even think of it until I was already back in the lobby. I did report it. But I doubt they'll care.

Nvidia cards support Shadowplay (if i recall their brand-name correctly) for game recording.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Lightsabers are a ton of fun.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zero One posted:

Lightsabers are a ton of fun.

It's all fun and games until someone loses a hand has the high ground.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Nvidia cards support Shadowplay (if i recall their brand-name correctly) for game recording.

Yeah when I play on PC it auto records all my kills / deaths. It’s pretty nifty.

Lightsabers are indeed cool as hell. The force push is badass too.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

How bad are the quests? I’ll probably do it since I’m nearly done with the BP anyway

They aren't bad beyond being crowded early. You can't get close to finishing the Star Wars rewards atm.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spacebump posted:

They aren't bad beyond being crowded early. You can't get close to finishing the Star Wars rewards atm.

The only one that was really a pain was opening the republic chest since doing so was basically a suicide mission.

I finished the whole lot in a few hours.

E: I just realized you probably meant the quests aren’t all available right now.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Last patch storm was less than of a threat than a mild sunburn and now if you want to keep up with the rapidly changing final circles you need a sword or ODM. And dunno what's up with drop rates, but we're not always finding enough mobility items for everyone anymore and are resorting to the blue swords more and more often.

But I can throw rocks at people every 10 seconds, which is loving awesome when I get that power.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I haven't played much but I still haven't finished the Eren quests becuase finding the 3D Movement Gear and then hitting the targets around the map is... really rare.

But honestly if I miss out on Eren's stuff I won't really be too upset. Possibly the most mid character they could have put in the pass.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fancy Hat! posted:

I haven't played much but I still haven't finished the Eren quests becuase finding the 3D Movement Gear and then hitting the targets around the map is... really rare.

But honestly if I miss out on Eren's stuff I won't really be too upset. Possibly the most mid character they could have put in the pass.

iirc, each of the areas with the wooden titans have a chest that drops the gear. (I could be wrong, so somebody correct me if so.)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Fancy Hat! posted:

I lucked out with drops and circles the other day and finally knocked that one out. Now I just have to land thunder spears to get a skin I’ll probably never use

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fancy Hat! posted:

I've seen the chests in a few of the small fort looking structures around the map. And all of those chests I opened to day had both AoT weapons in them. Which didn't seem to be the case when I kept going straight for the basement chest a while back. It's probably just all rng though.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
They spawn all over the map, towers are guaranteed, and a lot of the pagodas in the mega city biome have them too (also the attic entryway at the mansion outside the farm). Should be pretty easy to knock out those challenges now since it's been a couple weeks and thunder spears got a buff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I still haven’t gotten the chest from the basement lol. I need to go back through the thread and look at the pictures someone posted.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

MarcusSA posted:

I still haven’t gotten the chest from the basement lol. I need to go back through the thread and look at the pictures someone posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks!