Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

explosivo posted:

Just had someone at work start proselytizing about Elon Musk out of nowhere, he's actually a very smart guy who has done a lot of great things and apparently he might be Anon because if you think about it isn't it weird that Anonymous hasn't done anything to Elon or any of his companies yet??? Even when we had a tracker for Elon's plane???

You know what you have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

@Jack hasn't tweeted since January i would like to claim the account.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
NPR tweeted:

quote:

PubeCoin: gotcha by the short hairs

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

:lol: the message was sent at 2:19 AM

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

:lol: the message was sent at 2:19 AM

Eastern, so probably 11:19 PM on the west coast

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Do it Elon, give the @npr handle to catturd or some dog coin guy without even resetting the 9 million followers or deleting any of the DM’s :lol::lol:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/BobbyAllyn/status/1653853393616601090?t=wcS6IRKEFus3NNo3VTtFeg&s=19

Sensing AP is next

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
The npr thing means you no longer have a reason not to delete your account after telling everybody you quit twitter

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

honestly, you think elon cannot get more pathetic... it's like he just finds another way.

does he not understand how doing something like this further damages twitter's brand? like there's a reason why ceos of social media companies don't go around threatening some innocuous organization like.. NPR. it's loving _bad_ publicity and there is literally no good benefit to it other than temporarily satiating your own ego. it is just incredibly how someone who has been "working" for over 20 years has never had to learn this kind of stuff.

it kinda reminds me of the whole ebay fiasco of threatening some small newsletter but even they tried to hide what they were doing. elon is just openly representing how lovely his company is.

lmao

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Now I want to hear NPR report on every Tesla crash and SpaceX explosion in the bashfully-delighted voice they do.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Steve Wozniak posted:

And boy, if you want to study of of A.I. gone wrong and taking a lot of claims and trying to kill you every chance it can, get a Tesla!

https://www.mediaite.com/news/wow-cnn-this-morning-crew-guffaws-at-apple-co-founders-dragging-of-elon-musk-during-interview/

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Oh god, I just realized what this whole deal with NPR et al. is about

He sees this as his "DeSantis v. Disney" moment, doesn't he?

He should probably check out how that's going for DeSantis right now

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

https://twitter.com/SRDNoCo/status/1653848306790039552

the chinese communist

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

...! posted:

Oh god, I just realized what this whole deal with NPR et al. is about

He sees this as his "DeSantis v. Disney" moment, doesn't he?

He should probably check out how that's going for DeSantis right now

I know something happened there,re disney and desantis can someone give me the cliffnotes?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Jestery posted:

I know something happened there,re disney and desantis can someone give me the cliffnotes?

Goofy Beats Ron DeSantis To Death With Crowbar

https://www.theonion.com/goofy-beats-ron-desantis-to-death-with-crowbar-1850384608

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
thank you goofy

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Elder Postsman posted:

im not mad. please dont put on NPR that i got mad.

https://twitter.com/Neotek72/status/1653828044778512384

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Oh man, not replying to that email from Elon with just a poop emoji is a missed opportunity. That never even occurred to me, that’s brilliant :lol::lol:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

wrong, not replying but exposing it publicly is the best

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Calm the gently caress down yoda

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

https://twitter.com/theillegalsegal/status/1653871879130865664

lmao this edit

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

It really is a failure of pretty much every single media outlet that’s been covering Elon’s Twitter to not be relentlessly repeating the fact that blue check verification doesn’t, in fact, actually verify anything.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

tokyo reject posted:

It really is a failure of pretty much every single media outlet that’s been covering Elon’s Twitter to not be relentlessly repeating the fact that blue check verification doesn’t, in fact, actually verify anything.

False.

It distinctly verifies you as an idiot and/or bootlicker.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dalaram posted:

False.

Also bad with money

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Strong Sauce posted:

honestly, you think elon cannot get more pathetic... it's like he just finds another way.

does he not understand how doing something like this further damages twitter's brand?
He doesn't give a poo poo about twitter's "brand", not right now. NPR wronged him so he's going to publicly "hurt" them, so everyone can see how owned NPR is and how Not Mad he is.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

tokyo reject posted:

Oh man, not replying to that email from Elon with just a poop emoji is a missed opportunity. That never even occurred to me, that’s brilliant :lol::lol:

It's a funny punchline for a show about this, but it would only have any impact in real life if noel actually cared about what npr thinks, which he clearly doesn't. Even though any competent person would take the emoji reply as a solid burn, he'd just use it as proof that he's funny and npr is secretly playing along

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Jestery posted:

https://archive.is/g8bbj

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

Dalaram posted:

False.

Lmao fair enough :lol::lol:

Sentient Data posted:

It's a funny punchline for a show about this, but it would only have any impact in real life if noel actually cared about what npr thinks, which he clearly doesn't. Even though any competent person would take the emoji reply as a solid burn, he'd just use it as proof that he's funny and npr is secretly playing along

You’re actually probably right about this. He’s got that same indifference to personal shame that Trump has, and I find him even more repulsive than ‘ol Trumpy, something I genuinely never believed I’d say about anyone

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Dalaram posted:

False.

priznat posted:

Also bad with money

But it doesn't, though, that's the thing. A whole bunch of people have either had them restored without paying for or wanting them, or had them added to their account without requesting or their consent, some out of pure spite/"for the lulz".

While it's highly likely that any blue check is an idiot who is bad with money, you can't even be sure of THAT because there's really consistency in who has them. They're completely meaningless. Any value they had or might have has been consistently stripped away because Musk is an insane egomaniacal manchild.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Sentient Data posted:

He probably actually cares deeply what NPR thinks about him. He seems to want universal adoration and the fact that a large majority of the celebrities, media organizations, and average people on Twitter hate him is destroying him internally. Every ungrateful traitor going to Blue Sky is a dagger to his heart.

He doesn’t like NPR but he also really wants them to be on Twitter. And he appeared to want them back on the site but appearing like it was their choice, groveling on their hands and knees. He just chose to try that on a news organization who thought that it might be interesting to report on.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

@NPR posted:

In an email sent at 2:19 a.m. EST after the story was originally published, Musk wrote a message without any text in the body but with this subject line: "You suck.”

Elon Musk: You Suck

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mr Scumbag posted:

But it doesn't, though, that's the thing. A whole bunch of people have either had them restored without paying for or wanting them, or had them added to their account without requesting or their consent, some out of pure spite/"for the lulz".

While it's highly likely that any blue check is an idiot who is bad with money, you can't even be sure of THAT because there's really consistency in who has them. They're completely meaningless. Any value they had or might have has been consistently stripped away because Musk is an insane egomaniacal manchild.

Most of the people who got free checks had 1 million followers or were already famous, so you can block away on that basis.

Plus some of the extensions that changed blue checks into “Paid” still work since he only changed the label, and not the actual status.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

When even other rightwing shitheads don't like you....

For a second I thought this was an edit. But no, that one's on his official site. It's just that he's reusing what he made five years ago already:

lol, he's gone full circle on Musk and is back where he started.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Usually you have to probate someone to get these kind of messages

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Is there anyone Garrison hasn't turned on at this point?

Phrasing

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I don’t Musk cares about NPR specifically being on Twitter, he just hates the idea that Twitter isn’t a necessary part of Internet Discourse and big orgs leaving demonstrates that

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon is big mad that NPR beat him

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

One man can only elicit so much cum

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

whydirt posted:

I don’t Musk cares about NPR specifically being on Twitter, he just hates the idea that Twitter isn’t a necessary part of Internet Discourse and big orgs leaving demonstrates that

The 15% drop in app downloads and what I imagine are slowly declining engagement stats overall for the site are probably factoring into his lashing out.

He *wants* to argue with people, companies, and especially news organizations on Twitter. We see it’s his source for a dopamine hit, daily from his posts. It must get under his skin like nothing else for any notable person or org to essentially just say, “Twitter isn’t that important” and leave :lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Could you imagine going back to like 2010 and saying that in the not so distant future the world's richest man will buy Twitter, run it into the ground, destroy his reputation, and lose a fight with NPR all in less than a year?

Data Graham posted:

I bet Stormfront has like a cooking subforum, an arts & crafts subforum,

I mean 4chan does and 4chan is orders of magnitude worse than Stormfront.