Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mcmagic posted:

The voice acting in the RE4 remake isn't horrible.....

A lot of people dislike how Ada’s lines turned out in the remake and while I don’t hate it, I agree her lines sound noticeably different from the other VA lines. They used the same woman who played her in the reboot movie from 2021 and her lines in the remake stand out as sounding like you ripped the audio track from a TV show or movie and laid it over the game rather than like they were recorded specifically as voice lines. I don’t know where to pin the problem at, though—they might have recorded her badly or given her bad direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Once again reminding people not to post their impressions or gameplay experience from the leaked game in this thread. There’s a whole spoiler thread for that.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031055&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mulaney Power Move posted:

The voice acting is nowhere near as bad as like House of the Dead or Resident Evil.

That VA is straight schlock which wraps around and makes it good.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I think Amazon and the various sellers should be permitted to release this game at least one day early. Thursday is cooler anyway, I liked it when all games came out on Tuesday or so it seemed.

I pre-ordered this from Amazon like a noob, but I will say I really enjoyed getting Death Stranding one day early from a kindly Gamestop gent. I called a couple random far off Gamestops asking if they had the game that day, and drove to one. Frankly if you are willing to leave your house you deserve a game a day early.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Need
More
Cool
merch

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
im upset that the totk OLED looks so pretty. i already spent money on the pokemon OLED, nintendo!!! (mostly i just want the joycons. i dont care if theyll clash with the back of mine, they look cool)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So when are reviews dropping for this?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The voice acting in BotW is better than Baten Kaitos.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Lmao, reggie is gonna do a one shot take down

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Khanstant posted:

Just wait till they send the pinkertons

Been hearing this alot lately, whats the newest meme context (i mean i know what a pinkerton is just not why its the newest meme word)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Been hearing this alot lately, whats the newest meme context (i mean i know what a pinkerton is just not why its the newest meme word)

A Magic The Gathering set or something got leaked and Wizards of the Coast sent the actual Pinkertons at the guy who did it.

This is how a lot of people learn the Pinkertons are still around, so.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

A YouTuber got sent a box from an unreleased Magic expansion by mistake (the distributor messed up and sent them the wrong box), made an unboxing video because that’s their job, and instead of asking politely and being reasonable Wizards of the Coast sent Pinkertons to their house to get it back.

This isn’t the first time WotC has used Pinkertons against the fanbase, and it turns out the Hasbro executive team is rotten with ex-Pinkerton employees

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 4, 2023

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CBD Corndog posted:

A YouTuber got sent a box from an unreleased Magic expansion by mistake (the distributor messed up and sent them the wrong box), made an unboxing video because that’s their job, and instead of asking politely and being reasonable Wizards of the Coast sent Pinkertons to their house to get it back.

This isn’t the first time WotC has used Pinkertons against the fanbase, and it turns out the Hasbro executive team is rotten with ex-Pinkerton employees

When I heard about this, I double checked my state's castle policy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Potato Salad posted:

When I heard about this, I double checked my state's castle policy.

Why? Are you gonna go all Arthur Morgan on them after hijacking a stagecoach full of magic cards?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

who is Steve Jobs?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I don't think "stole a stagecoach of magic cards" maps particularly well to someone who innocently and legally purchased something then had armed mercenaries start implying they had powers they don't actually have at his doorstep

I plead Poe's Law and I'm sorry vvv

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 4, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It was joke you dense tough guy.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Potato Salad posted:

I don't think "stole a stagecoach of magic cards" maps particularly well to someone who innocently and legally purchased something then had armed mercenaries start implying they had powers they don't actually have at his doorstep

I didn't wake up this morning expecting someone to half-defend Pinkertons in a Breath 2 thread this morning but here we are

Edit: What I'm saying is that we're apparently still living in an era where Actual Murderous Thugs™ with a storied history of being murderous thugs are used against innocent civilians, so it's important to know what options for preserving your life are available that will stand up in court as we continue speedrunning our 2075/2077 hellfuture.

Shooting people to protect trading cards is psycho however you slice it. Sorry.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I live in South Atlanta with APD and GPD pulling Cop City brutalization and murders, I already see the throughline from that story to our near future in a way you might not yet :shrug:

not relevant itt and I'll stop regardless

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 4, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It just comes off as big internet tough guy energy to talk about it like how you did, and then the doomer catch phrases are just not helping dude. Spend more time enjoying things and stop reading anything that uses the phrase "hell world" at all

In a little more than a week hopefully you'll have something to lighten your mood and not think "huh i wish I had a ruby and some arrows so I could stop those vile pigs from encroaching on my castle doctrine"

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

A Magic The Gathering set or something got leaked and Wizards of the Coast sent the actual Pinkertons at the guy who did it.

This is how a lot of people learn the Pinkertons are still around, so.

CBD Corndog posted:

Lmfao wtf is going on over there

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
nothing particularly good

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I want to play game!!!! 8 days!

Do we know if it'll be playable at midnight on the 12th?

Wonder if you can timefuck your switch.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Eight days left! gently caress!!! FUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
About to wrap my BOTW refresher playthrough, never get that DLC. Seems like a waste this close to Tears though.

Better be a dang old midnight release, feels like none of the games I want do those anymore though. Has the nintendo shop ever caught fire over the big releases?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Got the spinner in Twilight Princess. This thing is cool

That game’s biggest sin is having amazing dungeons with cool items that are basically useless in the overworld, apart from grabbing a few heart pieces or whatever.

External Organs posted:

Man, that item feels great to use.

Skyward Sword - I'm more mad at shield durability than I ever was at weapon durability in botw :argh:

It’s similar to BotW in that a successful parry/shield bash will prevent durability from dropping.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That game’s biggest sin is having amazing dungeons with cool items that are basically useless in the overworld, apart from grabbing a few heart pieces or whatever.

the spinner losing all momentum if it’s not on a track was such a wasted opportunity to be able to surf around Hyrule Field that they fortunately corrected in BoTW

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Potato Salad posted:

I plead Poe's Law and I'm sorry vvv

have you heard of Cole's law?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Potato Salad posted:

who is Steve Jobs?

Isn’t that the techbro who tried to cure cancer with apple juice?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

Isn’t that the techbro who tried to cure cancer with apple juice?

Nah he is the guy who died of Ligma

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ImpAtom posted:

Nah he is the guy who died of Ligma

What's a "guy"?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Alxprit posted:

What's a "guy"?

Somebody who’s not your pal, buddy.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Buddy balls

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

madmatt112 posted:

Somebody who’s not your pal, buddy.

I'm not your buddy, friend.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Funny to me how useless Google Search is to find TotK spoilers as all you get is article upon article about how there are leaks and you should watch out for them. smh.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Frankston posted:

So when are reviews dropping for this?

Right now:

The Game is good.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Eight days left! gently caress!!! FUUUUUCK!!!!!!

:hmmyes:

:siren::supaburn::siren:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

External Organs posted:

I want to play game!!!! 8 days!

Do we know if it'll be playable at midnight on the 12th?

Wonder if you can timefuck your switch.
any games that you pre-download need to connect to the internet to check the actual time before they'll let you play them, i'm sorry to say.

edit:
https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1653895676563005452

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
^^^^° so the question is which midnight is the real midnight. I see

Tried, sentenced, and executed in the Mushroom Kingdom, a third world fiefdom ruled by a tyrannical monarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Whoa, Nintendo really killed someone?