Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

May the 4th be with you, chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Evil Kit posted:

Good time to give fortnite no-build a try. They have a star wars event where you can become a jedi with awesome jedi powers.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Evil Kit posted:

and also with you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Make it so

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I love Star Trecks

"by your command" lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

sirtommygunn posted:

I have finished Riven, and I believe that it is good. If it had some method of highlighting everything that you could interact with it would be great. Outside of that frustration it's a very satisfying sequel that ties everything up pretty neatly.

did you have to use a walkthrough

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

did you have to use a walkthrough

Yes, though only twice for the actual puzzles, and 3-4 times for things in the vein of "there is a lever/button in plain sight that calls an elevator". I always try to explore on my own before hitting the walkthrough.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Did you figure out the D'ni counting system on your own.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

U.S.S. Enterprise captain, Yoda, was my favorite Star War character. :)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mr Hootington posted:

Good time to give fortnite no-build a try. They have a star wars event where you can become a jedi with awesome jedi powers.

I don't play Fortnite on principle and I kinda hope Epic continues to eat poo poo from the FTC for their incredibly lovely business and marketing practices targeted at kids and ignorant parents.

Also Apex Legends is just a better game and ignoring that I'd rather not pick up a second live service game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I still think it's one of the best adventure/puzzle games ever, just for how like every puzzle ties into another puzzle in such a natural way. The other Myst games never were able to duplicate that, they just felt like a series of discrete minigames too often.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

and also with you

:hai:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Riven is one of the greatest video games ever made.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Imagine a world where Riven: The Sequel to Myst was instead called Myst 2: Riven

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember how astonishing it was that the game came on FIVE cds

and how equally astonishing it was that it could come on ONE dvd

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ChickenHeart posted:

to this day we have few clues as to who actually made the insane animated spritework of the Metal Slug series.

Japanese game companies are weirdly averse to recognizing their workers for just about anything

speaking of sweet art always a fan of your av. Aliens:Infestation ruled

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
May 4th means Curse of Golden Idol DLC is being dropped. hell ya

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Imagine a world where Riven: The Sequel to Myst was instead called Myst 2: Riven

2 Myst 2 Rivenous

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sally posted:

May 4th means Curse of Golden Idol DLC is being dropped. hell ya

It’s “Case”

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Case 4th means Curse of Golden Idol DLC is being dropped. hell ya

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Where is "Age of Wonders 4" 4x complexity wise if I loved Stellaris but found Crusader Kings 3 kind of confusing (I've also played Civilisation 6 and was ok with that)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

haveblue posted:

I remember how astonishing it was that the game came on FIVE cds

and how equally astonishing it was that it could come on ONE dvd

In all likelihood it probably didn't need to come on 5 CDs, but Cyan's commitment to the gimmick was strong.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just LOL if you didn't have a Nakamichi Disc Changer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRuhRfvIkn0

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Imagine buying Nakamichi anything that doesn't involve audio cassettes.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Did you figure out the D'ni counting system on your own.

The toy in the school taught me 1-10 easily enough, then Gehn's notes got me to solve to 15, and I figured the pattern continued rotating the symbols from there, though now that I think about it that would be impossible with 1 and 5 already being rotated versions of each other.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Help Im Alive posted:

Where is "Age of Wonders 4" 4x complexity wise if I loved Stellaris but found Crusader Kings 3 kind of confusing (I've also played Civilisation 6 and was ok with that)

It's closer to a Civ style 4x in terms of complexity, although I think combat units are more critical than they are in Civ. Each city gives you a hero character and they need to be out with a few units exploring the world and fighting off monsters and stuff like that. You create units from a separate queue and using separate resources than building creation, so you aren't constantly having to weigh city expansion against unit production. It's much less complex than something like Stellaris, though it is more difficult in that you can't just ignore all of that complexity and still steamroll the map like I always do in Stellaris.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1654140648512016385?t=egDdW4gIQ4kVQuOXLQ5EwQ&s=19

He's honestly completely right that the disastrous pre-launch of the Xbox One has basically tanked it as a console brand

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

God, remembering the ten minutes of that demo spent on TV passthrough...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They ended up walking back nearly everything before launch but the damage was done.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOmky34JgZ8

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the idea was like, "well, we can just talk about the video game stuff at E3 in a few weeks" but it was so goddamn bad.

I think it's far worse than the infamous PS3 2006 show, which is mostly just boring.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

He's honestly completely right that the disastrous pre-launch of the Xbox One has basically tanked it as a console brand

I legitimately don't know how the Xbox appeals to people who own a PC.

Like I get that the Xbox is a console for people who don't own a PC, as it fills in that requirement for them and that's the whole point
But like.. I own a PC, AND a Switch, AND a PS5.
They all appeal to me with games in various different ways and exclusives that they offer.

So there is definitely a market for people who own a PC and want a [Gaming Console]

But what unique thing can the Microsoft [Gaming Console] offer consumers, who can already play Xbox games on their PCs?
"It sits out in the living room" isn't a really appealing feature?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dark Souls is the Shadowman of gaming

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is that Vin Diesel

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Who asked for this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

shadowman was cool so i subconsciously asked for it

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Here are my Riven notes btw (also has some Myst notes in pink), contains some incorrect/incomplete information and starts from the right, goes down, then back up, for some reason.

(extremely glad I did not have to translate the alphabet, though I'm sure someone has)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i used to have a shot of the notes i wrote down when playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with a friend and they became this complete mess of shorthand and tick marks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

God, remembering the ten minutes of that demo spent on TV passthrough...
still lol when I pick up my xbox one and see, the two hdmi ports on the back. feel like I must clarify that, I did not pay money for the xbox. it was a free xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ah, Justin Bieber. Nice.