Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Game seems fun so far. Only disappointment is that I was really looking forward to the race designer so I could make a race of arctic barbarian types, but if I want the Arctic Empire-type spells I need to wade through a bunch of useless necromancy tomes and it's not really worth it.

There's a lot of stuff I'm still getting used to but it seems like it's shaking up the expected gameplay in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jabarto posted:

Game seems fun so far. Only disappointment is that I was really looking forward to the race designer so I could make a race of arctic barbarian types, but if I want the Arctic Empire-type spells I need to wade through a bunch of useless necromancy tomes and it's not really worth it.

You don't need to stick to one type of tomes. Just take Dark Ice tomes and then like Horde Chaos tomes or whatever else fits your flavor.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Jack Trades posted:

You don't need to stick to one type of tomes. Just take Dark Ice tomes and then like Horde Chaos tomes or whatever else fits your flavor.

It looks like the only frost related tomes are the tome of cryomancy (T1) and tome of the cold dark (T3), both of which they could probably snag in addition to whatever other tomes they want to grab.

It does kind of suck that there isn't a T2 and T4 tome that's frost related tho.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the system, you need to unlock 2 lower level tomes in a school to unlock the next level. Dark Ice is tier 3, and aside from Cryomancy none of the other Shadow tomes I'd need to unlock it deal with ice.

Jabarto fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 4, 2023

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Jabarto posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the system, you need to unlock 2 lower level tomes in a school to unlock the next level. Dark Ice is tier 3, and aside from Cryomancy none of the other tomes I'd need to unlock it deal with ice.

You don't need two dark tomes to get to T2 dark tomes, if that's your understanding. You can grab any two tomes of a tier and you'll be presented with T2 tomes of every affinity.

The only time your selection of tome matters re: that stuff is when you get to T4, where you need to have (i believe) 5 affinity to be presented T4 selections of that affinity.

so for T2 you could grab tome of winds and tome of amplifications and you'll still qualify for cold dark.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jabarto posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the system, you need to unlock 2 lower level tomes in a school to unlock the next level. Dark Ice is tier 3, and aside from Cryomancy none of the other tomes I'd need to unlock it deal with ice.

I believe you need to unlock 2 lower level tomes of any school

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

OHHH, yeah that's way better then. I didn't follow this game closely during development so I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out. Thanks for the tips. :)

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Jabarto posted:

OHHH, yeah that's way better then. I didn't follow this game closely during development so I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out. Thanks for the tips. :)

np :cheers: enjoy blasting your foes into eternal winter

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Is there a way I'm not seeing to delete individual save games rather than the whole session?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Thyrork posted:

Idly amusing myself with thoughts about DLC 2 from what has and has not carried over; Mostly I notice the absence of rogueish and dreadnought vibes. Lets see how wrong I end up being;

Culture: Progressives. Differing from Industrious because they turn their hunger for resources into fuel for their machine.

I: Mana-Musketeers - T1 with a gun is back baby. Differs from crossbowmen as their version of "overdraw" either has them pay mana to do it, or they simply reload every other turn as AOW 3.
I: Skirmisher - A scoundrel with better PR and a focus on scouting, but packs a nasty surprise with their light crossbows.
I: Engineer - They're back, and they're pulling double duty of carrying pike wrenches and helping out with repair work when they can.
II: Bard - The magical realms are about to hear some real heavy metal. Support caster, improves morale. Temporary healing through song and bandage.
II: Assassin - You know what muffles the sound of boots? A firing line. You know what cover can't project you from? A knife in the back. Plus all this tech means they have grappling hooks now.
III: Mana-powered Tank - Drive me closer! I must hit them with my shotgun cannon! Shock unit that accepts a unique range of unit enchantments to customize further. Fill 'em with lightning to make em a real shock unit, or fuel them with fire to make their cannon a terrifying thing of thunder and flame!

Books: As you can guess, a mixture of dreadnought and rogue with a dash of hybridization of both mana and metal.

As for Empire building and the story realm? No idea! Hoping the story is the return of Sundren of House Inioch and Edward Porthsmith!

I feel like adding more cultures and tomes is going to be a really fun chance to revisit the game down the line. I wonder how much modders will be able to do; I imagine the graphics for new cultures would make it a very large modding project at the minimum.

That said: I'd like to see a "wild" culture. Barbarian is the closest but it would work for things like wild elves or nomads (well, not actual nomads since I don't think that would work in the game engine, but nomad adjacent cultures). Maybe move Barbarian over to 2 chaos and make Wild 2 life, give them a shaman and ranged unit focus with wilderness concealment as a theme, and maybe an emphasis on an alternate way of gaining knowledge like a reduced city income but a bonus for adding provinces/winning fights. I'm guessing from the DLC descriptions this will be DLC 3.

Maybe a lineup like so:
Champion (T1): Fighter.
Slinger (T1): Ranged. Or maybe another archer if the animations would be a problem.
Outrider (T2): Mounted skirmish unit. Bonus damage when not adjacent to any friend unit.
Shaman (T2): Support with a single target buffing focus. Gives the stack a small bonus to healing rate in wilderness.
Witch (T3): Battle Mage. Attacks do slightly below average damage but debuff targets' resistances.

Tomes: I'm curious how they'll add new tomes. You'd probably want to keep the number of tomes per affinity static, but adding 6 tomes per DLC might be optimistic. Or they might aim for just having a balanced number with all four DLC and allow each individual DLC to skew the numbers. Alternately, I think you could do hybrid affinity tomes? At least for tiers 1-2 since above that it would run into troubles with the required tome progression (or maybe not if it's based on affinities? I thought you needed a T3 materium tome to pick a T4 materium tome, but that might have been coincidence). So a tome with 1 Astral and 1 Shadow instead of 2 Astral, or maybe a Materium/Order tome. That way you could add three tomes in a DLC and still keep the "total" affinities the same.

Other guesses: Dragon lords will probably be an alternative lord pick like Mortal Champion or Wizard King. But while Mortal Champions specialize in stronger units and Wizard Kings are about spells, Dragon Lords will probably be focuses on having a very powerful hero unit.

I think you nailed the DLC 2 culture but I'm curious how they'll handle it. If you made the recruitable units things like robots then it wouldn't make much sense for them to get racial bonuses/transformations. Though maybe you could make it work with things like steampunk heavy plate armor or gunpowder cannons, where it's obvious it's still the base race operating the things.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 4, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can do a passable tree elf faction by taking fabled hunters, shadow walkers, keen eyed and sneaky. Shadow walkers in general is quite neat because it makes your scouts invisible most of the time so you can use them to keep tabs on people, combine it with tree books and you get very good archers and also the ability to fill the world with forests which you can move easily through while your enemies can't, and also the nature path upgrades let you have stuff like forests granting you vision and your domain slowing people down further. On your home turf you should be invisible, fast, and know where everyone is.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So with high culture, it seems like an archer-focused t1 build can be quite powerful. Make sure to get the tome of enchantment in t1 for the seeker arrows enhcantment so you get +1 range, then when you awaken your archers they'll have 6 range. To make the most of it, make sure to grab twin awakened on your heroes so you can awaken archers as need and use the AOE awakening spell on tight formations, having a wizard king ruler here will help because of the overchannel ability so you can awaken your forces quickly and even strengthen them (as they'll get strengthened if hit by it when already awakened). I think tome of pyromancy is a good 2nd tier 1 tome, or even starting with it, it has a flaming arrow enchantment and you can grab the impressment empire perk early on for cheaper upkeep on t1 units.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
How does Awakening work? Are there any spells that do it? I couldn't find any.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

two main questions:

1) do you ONLY heal in your own terrain? not healing in enemy terrain makes sense but in an unclaimed province I was getting 0 regen, or I misunderstood what was going on

2) is there a good video or writeup on tactics when fighting manually? cause holy poo poo my armies suck in my own hands/take a VERY long time to micro to win without taking damage, but roll easily when I do auto combat with larger forces + active buffs

my issue is mostly how by default you cannot ever outrange opponents; ranged attacks are 4 distance, units can move 4 distance, and everyone starts out like 10 distance away so I end up being unsure if I should just rush the enemy instantly, wait a turn, etc

at least I'm stacking up pantheon but I'd like to start getting into multiplayer, just... after I can literally outperform the autocombat AI

this is also unfortunate because it's much faster/less tedious to autocombat all the little chaff on the map for bonus XP, and my wins have been literally just autocombatting the enemy AI in 1v1s (but with 18 unit armies on each side) for faster pantheon xp, but I'm like... this isn't actually helping me learn how to fight

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Prism posted:

You should start with a spell that does it when you pick high culture. Their T2 support unit can do it and your leaders can learn how to do it if they're high culture.

I think this probably makes high units a bit poo poo if you aren't high culture because you won't have the spell and will be dependent on their support units.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Prism posted:

High culture has access to a spell, Awaken Inner Radiance, which awakens units with dormant traits in a 1-hex radius (or strenghens them if they are already awakened) for 3 turns. Sun Priests also have 2 single target awakening abilities, one that that heals one that does not. In addition heroes have access to a skill called Twin Awakened that awakens one targeted unit and another nearby one.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 4, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tempora Mutantur posted:

two main questions:

1) do you ONLY heal in your own terrain? not healing in enemy terrain makes sense but in an unclaimed province I was getting 0 regen, or I misunderstood what was going on

2) is there a good video or writeup on tactics when fighting manually? cause holy poo poo my armies suck in my own hands/take a VERY long time to micro to win without taking damage, but roll easily when I do auto combat with larger forces + active buffs

my issue is mostly how by default you cannot ever outrange opponents; ranged attacks are 4 distance, units can move 4 distance, and everyone starts out like 10 distance away so I end up being unsure if I should just rush the enemy instantly, wait a turn, etc

at least I'm stacking up pantheon but I'd like to start getting into multiplayer, just... after I can literally outperform the autocombat AI

this is also unfortunate because it's much faster/less tedious to autocombat all the little chaff on the map for bonus XP, and my wins have been literally just autocombatting the enemy AI in 1v1s (but with 18 unit armies on each side) for faster pantheon xp, but I'm like... this isn't actually helping me learn how to fight

1. you heal 5 per turn in neutral terrain unless your world has no respite or possibly if there is some other modifier at play.

2. there's a weird cadence you learn where moving uses up your attacks, so generally whoever attacks first is at a disadvantage because their opponent is probably in defensive stance and they only get to make one attack which the enemy can retaliate against, being an unfavourable trade, and then the next round the side that defended get to make three attacks which you can only retaliate to one of.

So, you generally want to do things like, walk up to your opponent and go into shield wall in their face, or try to harass their lines and force them to come to you, or try to outmaneuver them and get them encircled so you can flank, or use spells and powerful abilities to disrupt their formation. You basically never want to just rock up and hit people in the face, that is the least efficient way to use your troops and will get them smacked down on the next turn. Formations are super strong and being able to form up and use the terrain to your advantage is basically what the tactical combat amounts to.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 4, 2023

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Tempora Mutantur posted:

two main questions:

You should be getting 5 hp/turn regen in unclaimed provinces, and 25 in friendly. If you open up the full screen unit description and mouse over the health bar it should tell you.

quote:

this is also unfortunate because it's much faster/less tedious to autocombat all the little chaff on the map for bonus XP, and my wins have been literally just autocombatting the enemy AI in 1v1s for faster pantheon xp, but I'm like... this isn't actually helping me learn how to fight

That's like at least half the game right there. There will probably be guides eventually but it might take awhile. Potato McWhiskey's pre-release game had an emphasis on tactical combat but it was a bit too fast for me to really figure out what he was doing. I won my first game with mostly autocombat and now I'm trying one where I focus more on manual combat.

As far as range, a lot of battle mage units and lords (and Zephyr archers) get a 6 range attack that takes all 3 AP, so you can't move and use it.

OwlFancier posted:

1. you heal 5 per turn in neutral terrain unless your world has no respite or possibly if there is some other modifier at play.

2. there's a weird cadence you learn where moving uses up your attacks, so generally whoever attacks first is at a disadvantage because their opponent is probably in defensive stance and they only get to make one attack which the enemy can retaliate against, being an unfavourable trade, and then the next round the side that defended get to make three attacks which you can only retaliate to one of.

So, you generally want to do things like, walk up to your opponent and go into shield wall in their face, or try to harass their lines and force them to come to you, or try to outmaneuver them and get them encircled so you can flank, or use spells and powerful abilities to disrupt their formation.

If you do the walk up trick I suggest stopping one hex away, so their melee have to move up one and then get two attacks instead of three.

However, whether you do this depends heavily on unit types. There's actually 3 main melee types of units, and 2 "kinda":

Shield units usually have decent defenses and low damage, but their attack scales based on AP: You get 3 attacks with 3 AP. This makes starting adjacent to a shield unit surprisingly painful despite the low damage. If on defense, their shield block increases the defense of adjacent units.
Shock units (frequently cavalry, but also stuff like berserkers): Their attack doesn't scale on AP, so they do the same damage moving four spaces and then attacking as if they started adjacent (and they even get +20% damage for each hex they move while attacking). Their attack cancels retaliation and kicks a unit out of defense mode. This makes them a natural counter to shield units, and they can sprint across the intervening space and hit just fine; that is in fact their intended use.
Polearm units: Polearm units inflict their retaliation before being hit (countering Shock's ability to negate it with an attack), negate the charge bonus, and get a damage bonus against cavalry and large targets. Like shield units their attack scales on AP, so moving and attacking will result in limited damage.

Obviously there's a bit of rock/paper/scissors going on here, but how to handle the initial melee engagement is highly dependent on recognizing the type of melee units both you and the opponent are using.

The two "kinda" melee unit types are:

Skirmisher: Skirmishers are mainly notable for getting both a melee attack (usually scaled on AP) and a ranged attack (that usually doesn't), and they don't trigger opportunity attacks. If you're going to do the "walk up and stop a tile away" trick skirmishers might work well since they can stop there and throw javelins or whatever. The only culture that gets a skirmisher by default is barbarian, but there are other ways to get them.
Fighter: Fighters are basically a catch all term for melee units that don't fall into any other category. Sometimes they have things like a melee range AoE or similar; if you see one check the stats page. No culture gets a fighter by default but there are some summons/wild ones.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 4, 2023

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Tempora Mutantur posted:

two main questions:

You heal a lot more HP in friendly terrain than in neutral/hostile terrain. If you have a Dark affinity you can grab a late-imperium bonus of healing an addition 10hp per turn in hostile terrain. There's an early nature affinity imperium boost that increases the amount you heal in friendly territory as well.

So it's pretty much always worth it to get an outpost if you're doing a lot of fighting outside your realm.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Tome of Faith also has a campaign map army heal spell.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

OwlFancier posted:

So, you generally want to do things like, walk up to your opponent and go into shield wall in their face, or try to harass their lines and force them to come to you, or try to outmaneuver them and get them encircled so you can flank, or use spells and powerful abilities to disrupt their formation. You basically never want to just rock up and hit people in the face, that is the least efficient way to use your troops and will get them smacked down on the next turn. Formations are super strong and being able to form up and use the terrain to your advantage is basically what the tactical combat amounts to.

Absolutely disagree. Especially with a charger or two to cancel defence mode, the alpha strike is king. Even if they got pikemen three dudes ganging up will typically wipe out a unit, and some ranged will finish them up otherwise. Success for me so far has 100% revolved around being the first one to start taking units off the battlefield, even if you take some more damage on the crackback.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

The decision on how to take the engage turn is probably the most important choice in any combat with relatively equal strength. Against the AI you can usually assume it will try to set up a turn where it's melee is at exactly 1 AP attack range away from you, which is nice, but as far as actually figuring out if you should push forward from there or hold your ground that really depends on your build. As a general rule, being the side to "take" the engagement (e.g. get hit with one attack) has an advantage at lower skill levels and a disadvantage at higher skill levels but that's a very fuzzy line. Against the AI either works but if you're newer the defensive line is usually easier (but I find it to be more boring, personally).

The best I can give you for a simple metric is that if you have a majority-shield, majority-fighter, or majority-repeating-attack-ranged army, hold. If you have a majority-skirmisher, majority-single-attack-ranged, or majority-shock army, attack. This is very much an oversimplification. edit: you should also check your opponent's army on this as well, because sometimes it's better to force them to take their less natural option.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Also. You can definitely outrange opponents. See what I said about high culture and archers. You can have their range up to 6 while awakened right at the start if you start off with the tome of enchantment.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

If I use the penguin tome mod can i still get achievements?

You can still get achievements with mods. I have Massive Maps and 12 players and Age of Colors enabled and have been getting them

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eschatos posted:

Absolutely disagree. Especially with a charger or two to cancel defence mode, the alpha strike is king. Even if they got pikemen three dudes ganging up will typically wipe out a unit, and some ranged will finish them up otherwise. Success for me so far has 100% revolved around being the first one to start taking units off the battlefield, even if you take some more damage on the crackback.

If you have units that are capable of dealing more damage to the enemy then sure, but the majority of units and situations you will be in favour the defender, especially with the units you start the game with. If you truck up to the enemy with your starting shield units then you will be trading unfavourably in every circumstance.

Conversely, as I have been favouring ranged, getting the enemy to approach me and tying them down behind their own units and keeping them out of their own attack range as much as possible has been the best way to destroy their forces.

If you have numerical superiority also then yes you can overrun the enemy, but most units in a square fight will lose if they attack first, assuming the enemy has some units capable of projecting defence auras and is keeping their ranged close by, which they usually do.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Aww man hotfix means my game broke until the penguin mod is also updated.

Gotta wait a bit to continue that game.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

thanks everyone, that all makes sense

it's been amusing to run Adaptable Feudal Prolific Swarmer Pikemen with a hero immediately learning +2 unit xp/turn to pump out 5 defenders by like turn 9-10 the latest depending on fights, especially with a couple of archer/banner stacks following them around, but I assume Overwhelming Tactics or w/e is better for the +20% crit chance

time to grind out mystic unit playthroughs till I can wield them decently, cause that sounds more amusing

Randarkman posted:

Also. You can definitely outrange opponents. See what I said about high culture and archers. You can have their range up to 6 while awakened right at the start if you start off with the tome of enchantment.

yeah seeker arrows are pretty sweet, especially with awakened dusk archers or w/e, was talking more about default scenarios where ranged attacks are typically 4 except abilities like flamestrike and stuff

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The fallen Kingdom realm modifier is not easy. I was able to knock out one of the pretenders by sniping him and allied one of the others, but got absolutely no help trying to knock out. The third who by turn 50 was continually pumping out tier 3 units. With an eight turn lock from my capital, and my mixed army of tier 1 tier 2s and summons, it was too much of a slog to try to finish the map so I gave up.
If you Play this realm, I'd recommend not trying to rush down the last kingdom. They start with a significant advantage over you and you need to expand and build up your economic base.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I was on the hotfix up until the patch today dropped and things went from stable, with the hotfix, to unplayable with the new patch. Going back to the hotfix branch isn't fixing things.

Anyone else?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
How do you set up an outpost? How do you get more heroes?

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 4, 2023

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Mayveena posted:

Click on any unclaimed sector while a hero is in it, you'll get a button to build an outpost. You'll get a prompt to hire a new hero every time you build a new city, otherwise click the heroes tab in the top left.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mayveena posted:

For an outpost you need to click on a province you have a hero in and then do 'establish outpost'. The only real rule is that they can't be on lava/water or within 1 tile of another city or outpost.

To get more heroes get more cities. You can have 1 hero per city you have. When you found a city it'll pop up the hero recruitment tab automatically, if you integrate a vassal it'll give you whatever hero that city already had.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can actually have as many heroes as you like, they're just expensive if you go more than 1 per city.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

You can have more heroes, they just cost 30 gold upkeep withotu a city. Getting an additional one early might be a good idea as they'll recruit instantly and you can level them up form the get go and it won't be too long probably until you have a second city.

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet

The modding tools are very good.
Everyone is now a warbreed, always

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

very minor thing, but it would be so convenient to be able to reach the encyclopedia from the create faction screen, even though that's just for newbs/people who spend more time creating than playing factions

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

If you have units that are capable of dealing more damage to the enemy then sure, but the majority of units and situations you will be in favour the defender, especially with the units you start the game with. If you truck up to the enemy with your starting shield units then you will be trading unfavourably in every circumstance.

Conversely, as I have been favouring ranged, getting the enemy to approach me and tying them down behind their own units and keeping them out of their own attack range as much as possible has been the best way to destroy their forces.

If you have numerical superiority also then yes you can overrun the enemy, but most units in a square fight will lose if they attack first, assuming the enemy has some units capable of projecting defence auras and is keeping their ranged close by, which they usually do.

Keep in mind that if you hit first, you're inflicting casualties first, lowering their ability to counterattack on their turn. If you're attacking first you should be pre-positioning prior to engage to set up outright killing a unit or two on engagement, which helps a lot with the action economy on engaging.

In previous games' pvp you basically spent the first few turns trying to jockey into position such that if your opponent engages you, their engagement will do little damage, while also setting up that if you're the one engaging you can engage in safe positions or secure picks on the engagement.

The engagement turn is traditionally like half the battle if not more. I don't see a lot in 4 changing this (which is fine)

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Tempora Mutantur posted:

very minor thing, but it would be so convenient to be able to reach the encyclopedia from the create faction screen, even though that's just for newbs/people who spend more time creating than playing factions

Try pressing F1, that worked in development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

drat, I think this build is actually pretty drat powerful. This was a somewhat evenly matched battle, with enemy on-paper strength higher than mine. But I proceeded to absolutely demolish them. No losses, only token damage to one of my t1 sword and board units, enemy comletely broken after losing maybe half or less of their units.