Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Having gotten Fireblazer, I'd rather just bring March and, like, Gepard/Natasha for AOE troubles, and keep MC as my Most Powerful Bruiser. Maybe bring Seele or Himeko.

Seele, btw, is better at killing groups of trash than any Erudite than Himeko. Basically a tedious, secret AOE person.

jokes fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Endorph posted:

also against a single target phys trailblazer's damage is very low, to the point that fire mc is probably doing similar damage anyway

Phy ultimate single option does decent damage acting like a counterfeit Hunt, Fire Mc doesn’t have an option.

I use ice sword boy so fireMC helps keep his buff for me.

Wish fireblazer had a change of clothes or hair color change though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GateOfD posted:

Makes it even more weird, it’s not a combination attack. It’s a generic slash animation
Getting there is pretty explicitly a culmination of the work of all those characters, they even do the Advent Children helping hands scene, 5 minutes before you get glanced. Extremely predicated on the power of friendship. I kinda expect all of the forms to end up looking like that.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

GateOfD posted:

Phy ultimate single option does decent damage acting like a counterfeit Hunt, Fire Mc doesn’t have an option.

I use ice sword boy so fireMC helps keep his buff for me.

REALLY WISH HE KEPT THE loving BAT

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you didn't realize, Fire MC's taunt is a debuff so if you're confused why it doesn't work sometimes, it's because the enemy repelled the debuff like Freeze.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

sushibandit posted:

That's why you run fire MC with the +aggro -damagetaken LC. I was starting to see some enemies (bosses mostly) resisting the taunt, but the taunt+LC has made that a nonissue thus far. It also lets you get away with more attacks instead of burning points on the taunt itself.

Where is that cone from?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also yeah to be clear march just increases the unit she shields' invisible aggro stat. fire mc actually taunts the enemy. the failure chance in march's shield is that aggro is somewhat rng dependant, the failure chance in fire mc's skill is the taunt not landing. if the taunt *does* land, they're forced to target fire mc no matter what, unlike march who has no way of forcing a unit to be targeted.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
The real answer is you run March and Clara, and get lots of agro buffs.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Thanks. The cutscene flashes so fast that I only caught serval.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am really enjoying my first Hoyo game

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Should have kept the pulsing LEDs on her RGB gaming dress from Genshin.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I think broadly a real healer, a tank/shielder/defensive support, a hard dps, and an offensive support feels pretty good. Lean more heavily towards dps when you can. In harder content using marsh or fireblazer is just depending on the elements I need, they both do great work as a defensive character.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I literally said what the gently caress out loud when Svarog did a crit ult counter for 42k damage and chunked 80% of phase 3 Gepard's health in 1 shot.

I love that Svarog is voiced by DC Douglas. He loves doing robots 😍

Edit I don't see a point to using March when water healer dragon girl and fire Mc exist

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

not everyone has the dragon child and march is cuter

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I think broadly a real healer, a tank/shielder/defensive support, a hard dps, and an offensive support feels pretty good. Lean more heavily towards dps when you can. In harder content using marsh or fireblazer is just depending on the elements I need, they both do great work as a defensive character.

This tracks.

MC, March, Seele, and Asta has been a super good combo for me. In cases where I need more survivability, slotting in Natasha/Gepard instead of Asta is good. March is just super all-purpose. Great for mitigation and aggro and laying out a fuckload of constant damage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

UHD posted:

Plus with a Clara comp in SimU, it makes perfect sense to use both. Fire MC to keep incidental damage off the team, March to powerload Clara's defenses and threat value. DPS comes from Elation on-followup buffs to Svarog slapping a bitch.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

UHD posted:

Natasha is a good shoein for bailu or whatever her name is

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Limped through World 6 just now on my third attempt with Seele / Sampo / Hook / Bailu, a Hunt build. Once again, finished a boss by Bailu kicking her in the head.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Where is that cone from?
Landau's Choice - I don't have any refines on it, and I honestly can't remember if it was from the gacha or the memory shop or what. It's been a comfy pick though.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Landau's comes from the gacha, and man do I want it now that I know it's a thing. I'm using amber for now and it's pretty good though. +Def and double if under 50% hp works pretty well on fireblazer.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Having a lot of fun with the game. I'm taking it easy and just got to Space China today.

Also having pretty good luck: I was running with Clara as my initial 5*, decided I'd pull for Seele now and start saving for future banners. I managed to get her with my first pity. Then, I noticed I had 10 regular tickets hanging out and pulled Bronya from that pull. So, it feels like a major record scratch and time to build a new team around those two, probably with Fire MC and Natasha? I was running with Tingyun, March, Natasha and Clara. I like all of these characters, it's a shame I need to focus on a handful of them at a time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You could do the Seele super carry comp with Seele/Tingyun/Bronya/a healer or a shielder

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

In terms of content, it ends at space China though sim u is up to world 6 or beyond?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ubersandwich posted:

Having a lot of fun with the game. I'm taking it easy and just got to Space China today.

Also having pretty good luck: I was running with Clara as my initial 5*, decided I'd pull for Seele now and start saving for future banners. I managed to get her with my first pity. Then, I noticed I had 10 regular tickets hanging out and pulled Bronya from that pull. So, it feels like a major record scratch and time to build a new team around those two, probably with Fire MC and Natasha? I was running with Tingyun, March, Natasha and Clara. I like all of these characters, it's a shame I need to focus on a handful of them at a time.

Honestly at that point just run Seele/Bronya/Tingyun/whatever healer. If you need to be more survivable for something like high level SU then maybe drop Tingyun for a shielded for that but most things will just die before attacking to that first team

I still don’t have a Tingyun :(

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TV Zombie posted:

In terms of content, it ends at space China though sim u is up to world 6 or beyond?

6 is the max right now but I think you can up the difficulty on the worlds once you reach trailblazer 40 and do the ascension trial

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gotta admit up to the point I got to space china I was misreading it itt as Tinygun and I was like, can't wait to see how small this gun is.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Endorph posted:

You could do the Seele super carry comp with Seele/Tingyun/Bronya/a healer or a shielder

Planning to run this (I’ve been really lucky) but does anyone have any suggestions for harmony light cones? I have a superimposition level 5 meshing cogs to throw on either bronya or tingyun that seems alright but choices otherwise seems not too great.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

homeless snail posted:

Gotta admit up to the point I got to space china I was misreading it itt as Tinygun and I was like, can't wait to see how small this gun is.

Isn't there one of those in Grim Fandango

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Honestly at that point just run Seele/Bronya/Tingyun/whatever healer. If you need to be more survivable for something like high level SU then maybe drop Tingyun for a shielded for that but most things will just die before attacking to that first team

I still don’t have a Tingyun :(

Thank you. That's a fairly easy pivot.

Hopefully she shows up for you soon!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Is it worth trying to pull for Seele's weapon? Is there any kind of a pity after doing a certain number of pulls?

edit: just read basically the same question last page, so I'll try to hold off for future banners too.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 4, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Planning to run this (I’ve been really lucky) but does anyone have any suggestions for harmony light cones? I have a superimposition level 5 meshing cogs to throw on either bronya or tingyun that seems alright but choices otherwise seems not too great.
Chorus is generically good and it's easy to hit max SI on. Carve the Moon is equivalent to Widsith from Genshin, but applied to the entire team and the buff changes every action. Past & Future for a bronya/seele should be nuts especially if you can get a few SI on it. Obviously the 5* if you have it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Oh world6 is the sim.

Thought people were up to the 6th “planet” chapter already and was like holy poo poo, how much content did they launch with

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

took 83 pulls to get seele. time to save.

it is going to get massively expensive/time consuming to keep this band of nerds up to date but it's not like genshin wasn't the same way for me so just gotta be patient :frogc00l:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heavy liquid posted:

Is it worth trying to pull for Seele's weapon? Is there any kind of a pity after doing a certain number of pulls?

The lightcone banner has pity, but its the same kind of pity as the character banner. 50/50 odds of getting the thing on rateup, if you miss its guaranteed, carries over across banners.

Seele's lightcone is good but she has plenty of good f2p options, and unlike the standard pool characters, the standard pool 5* lightcones can be gotten f2p in the shop, so losing the 50/50 feels worse.

You can if you want, but its a huge investment for a mild damage increase.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Only important planning atm is weekly boss trace mats to unlock talent tree stuff atm for me

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Three drops a week over 20+ characters is painful

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Yeah I just hit that wall myself. Out of boss rewards but still need more for so many traces

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

UHD posted:

took 83 pulls to get seele. time to save.

it is going to get massively expensive/time consuming to keep this band of nerds up to date but it's not like genshin wasn't the same way for me so just gotta be patient :frogc00l:

Just get everyone to 20, grab the first boost, then ignore all of them except for the one(s) you use!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Endorph posted:

The lightcone banner has pity, but its the same kind of pity as the character banner. 50/50 odds of getting the thing on rateup, if you miss its guaranteed, carries over across banners.

Seele's lightcone is good but she has plenty of good f2p options, and unlike the standard pool characters, the standard pool 5* lightcones can be gotten f2p in the shop, so losing the 50/50 feels worse.

You can if you want, but its a huge investment for a mild damage increase.

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll try to hold off for some upcoming limited banners then.

like this guy:

https://youtu.be/-5o8RkMUZBQ

And also for Kafka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh if you want jing yuan you should definitely hold off, he's the banner after seele